Once upon a Princess (Atypica...

By siesie_19

If you've come expecting a fairytale about Prince Charming, Fairy Godmothers, and evil parents; You may look... More

A/N (VERY IMPORTANT)!!!! SERIOUSLY!
CAST
1. Sister,Sister
2.Bump in the road
3. Good Samaritans
4. Adjusting
5. Hartley Household
6. Princess and the Hunter
7. Nice to Meet You
8. Swing-Sets and Skills
9. Me.
10. Truth or..?
11. Books Before Boys
12. All the Right Moves
13. Not a Party till the Princess shows up
14. Hangovers and Realizations
15. Tangled?
16. But... I can't
17. A familiar face
18. Judas
19. Missing Piece
20. Back to Square one
21. Let Bygones be Bygones
22. Birthday Celebrations 1.1
23. Birthday Celebrations 1.2
24. Birthday Celebrations 1.3
25. Birthday Celebrations 1.4
26. Can I get a refund?
27. Am I a Monster?
28. The First Stage
29. The Accomplice
30. My Achilles Heel
31. Crash and Burn?
32. I don't have a horse
33. Bee-moon?
34. Welcome Back 1.1
35.Welcome Back 1.2
36. Starting to look a lot like Christmas
37. It's Christmas!
38. The Runaways
39. Lock me up
40. I Promise
EPILOGUE
Bonus (2)
A/N

Bonus (1)

191 18 6
By siesie_19

A/N: Just because I love you guys. Here's a deleted chapter.

Note: For those of you who don't know, Slavic refers to indo-European countries. Such as Russia, Czech,Slovakia, Croatia etc.

As mentioned before Celayise is a made-up country, based on Russian and Latvian culture.

NATE

I had just scarfed down my fourth hotdog and was about to order my fifth when I received an elbow to my stomach.

I stepped away from the cart vendor, smiling sheepishly at her before I dropped my gaze to my fuming girlfriend.

"If you keep on going like this, we'd have no money to try any games!" Alexa cried, jabbing my chest with every word.

I removed her hand from her chest only to grasp it in mine. I bent forward and cautiously shifted her cap aside to that I could place a kiss to her forehead.

All the guys that have claimed that there was nothing cuter or hotter than an angry girlfriend, clearly haven't met my Alexa.
There was certainly nothing sexy or adorable about the way she was murderously glaring at me. She was not one to mess with.

"Relax Princess," I murmured, stroking a finger soothingly against her hand. Through her shades, I saw her eyes soften a few notches.

"I didn't come here to watch you eat," She whined, jutting out her bottom lip. She rose an arm, gesturing to the stalls and carnival rides behind us.
"I came here to have fun!"

She retracted her hand from my grasp and fixed her cap that hid most of her unruly curls. "You think this shitty disguise is working?"

I scanned our surroundings as she continued to adjust her cap. There were dozens of locals milling about, laughing and squealing in joy as they basked in the excitement of the theme park.

"There hasn't been any cameras out or any fans of yours, so I'd say it's doing a good job."

I dropped my gaze unto her when I felt her tug on my arm. The widest grin was stretched across her face as she bounced up and down like an energized three-year-old.
"I wanna try the mini-golf!"

"Then we shall play mini-golf," I replied with a shake of my head. I had barely gotten the last word out before she started running towards the spot, with me in tow.

Alexa had been bursting with excitement since we had been dropped to the country's famous theme park by Katherine.

When we approached the booth, after successfully worming our way through exited Durlians, we were pleased to see that there was no line.

The booth vendor bared his crooked teeth at us at what seemed in delight, but it honestly resembled a lion preparing to devour its meal. "Ah, step right up. Lovely couple."

I dug around in my pocket only to realize that I was so busy with trying out the park's food, we hadn't bought any tickets. "Uh, Lex? We didn't get to buy any tickets."

She craned her neck to look at me, and she rolled her eyes at this realization. Her lips parted to undoubtedly spit out a quippy response when the vendor spoke up instead.

"Nonsense! This booth receives cash!" He chirped, gesturing to the miniature golf-course with his golf-club.  His gaze flitted between Alexa and I, before settling on me with a tilt of his head. "Vai jūs esat puiši no latvijas?"

The fluency of his question startled both Alexa and I, as she released a tiny gasp before smiling at the vendor. Durlians  mainly spoke English. So to hear this theme park vendor spewing fluent Latvian, surprised me.

"Not exactly. Our country does speak Latvian though, as well as Russian." I explained, willing myself to meet the man's watery, jittery eyes. For some reason, I wasn't about to reveal what country we were from. Call it a gut feeling, but the energy that radiated from him, wasn't as charged and spritely as everyone else's. It was slow and calculated.

He simply nodded before lowering his gaze to Alexa. His lips curved into a wider smile as he stepped aside and grabbed two golf-clubs. He rose them in the air and raised a brow at her.
"Zaļa vai zila?"

Maybe Alexa was also getting a rather odd vibe from this Durlian who insisted that he spoke our native language to us, because she simply pointed at the blue club before folding her arms across her chest.

"I'd take the green one then," I announced, outstretching my arm for the other club. "You sure you want to do this Pri- Lex?"
I cleared my throat, and subtly shifted my gaze to see if the guy had noticed my slip-up. Fortunately, he was too engrossed with setting-up the course to even notice.

Alexa rose her head to meet my eyes and nodded. She slipped her hand in mine and squeezed it comfortingly. "It's fine. He's a little creepy, but I've always wanted to try mini-golf!"

"Have you ever tried normal-sized golf?" I snorted, as I fixed the cap that was already slipping off of her mass of curls.

Although her eyes were hidden by the heavily tinted sunglasses, by the crinkle in her forehead and the crooked smile, I knew that she was sheepishly looking at me.
"I never tried when Isabelle and I would get invited to play with some of the other royals. They always seemed so experienced."

I angled my golf-club away from her face as I pinched her cheek. "Well I'n far from experienced and I'm not gonna judge you. Knock yourself out."

I slipped a ten out of my pocket and handed it to the vendor -that had returned from the set-up of the course-, along with my golf-club.
"I'd let her have my round."

Alexa had already released my hand and was standing on the synthetic grass, positioned to strike the golf-ball. She peered over her shoulder at my announcement, and pouted.

"It's alright Pr-" I paused, biting my tongue to prevent myself from calling her by my favourite pet name. Although it was a common pet name, I didn't want to risk any suspicions, especially around creepy booth vendor. "It's alright baby. I'd try another booth. You have fun."

Her cheeks reddened as usual at my substituted pet-name. The official relationship was new, and we were now testing the waters of where we had never dared to venture before.

I had to admit, there was nothing more satisfying than seeing her flustered, blushing face whenever I slipped in a "babe" or "baby" , although we had just become official the day before.

With reddened cheeks, she nodded in response and then returned her attention to the course before her.
I ignored the tantalizing smells of Durlish delicacies and focused on my girlfriend and the creepy vendor that was currently giving her instructions.

It was a little after four in the afternoon, and the sweltering heat had begun to simmer down. Cool breeze danced around, causing the fragile board of the booth to sway.

When the vendor had finished instructing, he stepped back to allow Alexa to try, sending another curious look in my direction.

"You know," He started, peering over his shoulder at me with a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.  "It's nice to see that you two have decided to take a vacation in our beautiful country."

When I did nothing but cross my arms, he grimaced and patted Alexa's shoulder. "What with all that has been going on in all those Slavic countries; Donstand, Aellyise, Loubia and especially Celayise, all those tragedies I'd want to run too."

He turned to face the Alexa and the golf-course before them, just as Alexa had decided to take a shot. Unfortunately for him, that meant getting a golf-club in the eye as she swung the club too far back to hit the golf-ball.

Accident or not, I felt satisfied I'm knowing that she had shut him up. The last tragedy to occur amongst Aellyise and Celayise was ten years ago, and I had faith in knowing that there wasn't going to be any more occurring any time soon. I refused to stand there and let some creepy old vendor criticize my country.

"Oh my gosh!" Alexa cried, dropping her club. She snuck a glance at the ball to see that it had gone a significant amount towards the hole.
"Hey! Not bad for my first shot!"

"Excuse me! My eye is bleeding!" The man shouted, tearing our attention away from Alexa's success. I reluctantly stepped forward and gathered a few of the buffing towels that lay on the table, outstretching them for the man to accept.

He grabbed them with a grunt and narrowed his good eye at Alexa, who was currently squirming in her spot.

That meant that the blow to the face was entirely due to her clumsiness.
Her gaze darted to me desperately, and I gestured for us to leave.
I was growing tired of this man and we had the rest of the park to explore.

She nodded before making her way towards me, stepping over her abandoned golf-club. "I'm so so sorry about that again.  I'm just very clumsy."

The man straightened to his full height and pointed a gangly finger at us both. "You can't be possibly leaving? You've only had one shot!"

I wrapped an arm around Alexa's waist and tugged her to my side. Even injured, he didn't fail to radiate something sinister. "We're leaving. We're not going to ask for any refunds, I think that's fair considering what we accidentally did."

He removed the towels from his injured eye and chuckled, with a shake of his head. "Sure, injures the booth vendor and leave. You slavish folk seem to be walking tragedies."

Alexa tensed at his insult and I knew that if she only opened her mouth to retort, this man was done for. I grabbed her wrist and tugged her gently in the direction of the other stalls. "Let's go Lex, he's not worth our time."

She huffed disapprovingly but complied, following behind as I walked away from the stall. When we were a few feet away and standing before the ticket purchase booth, only did she speak.

"He seemed creepy."

"He reminded me of your dad."

She froze, her jaw dropped and eyes wide and unblinking.

It was true. The two men succeeded in giving me an indescribable chilling feeling, and both a haughty, ignorant aura about them. No wonder the vendor irritated me to no end.

"Sorry Princess-" I started to say when she held up a hand, thankfully now moving once again.  She jerked her head in the direction of the ticket booth and sure enough we were next in line.

Once again we were complimented on our accents, this time by the perky blonde working the ticket booth.

"Thanks again!" I chirped, waving a goodbye as we walked away from the spritely girl.

"She seemed too perky," Alexa muttered, peering over her shoulder to sneak a peek at the attendant.

"And that's a bad thing?"

Considering that we had just escaped an unsettling experience with that horrid golf attendant, I personally found the blonde's perky attitude rather settling.

She shook her head at me with a lopsided smile. "Never mind. Let's go try a ride!"

She threw back her head and exasperatedly sighed when my lips curved into a smirk at her suggestion. "Ugh, your perverted mind."

"You know you like it Princess, don't try denying it."

Instead of replying, she simply gave a cheeky wink before dragging me in the direction of the larger carnival rides.

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten all those hot-dogs.

"I think that's enough excitement for the night," I murmured, straightening to my full height. Alexa's hand fell away from rubbing my back and she stepped backwards to assess me.

"I totally forgot that you ate so much," she snickered, holding out a napkin for me to wipe my mouth. She gave the trash-can a sympathetic look as if sorry for all the contents I had just spilled into there.

I had managed to get through the Ferris wheel and the rollercoaster without puking. It was only when I stepped off the whirl-a-wheel, did my stomach start protesting, and I had to make a rush for the nearest trash-can.

"You ready to go home? She asked, in a tone resembling a doting mother. In the hassle of things, her curls were mostly out of her cap and framing her round face, her shades slipping towards her nose.

I reached down and fixed her shades, and tucked a few curls back into her cap, allowing me to see the entirety of her face. "No, I'm good. Katherine said she'd send a car for us in a half hour anyway."

She nodded and I was almost certain that she released a sigh of relief. She was obviously enjoying the theme park, and I wasn't about to rip that away from her.

Then I spotted it.
A few feet away from us, was a couple of indie musicians on a stage beside the food booth. Instinctively my feet began tapping to the familiar song they were covering and I heard Alexa chuckle from behind me.

"Let's go watch," she suggested. She took my hand and guided me through a crowd of people that were lined up for the roller coaster. We came to a stop before the stage,there were a few others standing around, bobbing their heads and swaying to the music.

The female lead singer spotted Alexa and I and her smile grew wider as she continue to belt out the lyrics, her long brown locks fanning out behind her with every head-bob.

"But now I'm falling," I mouthed along to the song, grasping Alexa's hand in mine as we swayed to the song.

"Into the fire feeling higher than the truth," She mouthed back, with a smile that lit up her face.

I threw my head back and clutched my chest dramatically as I sang the next line. "But now I'm falling."

I heard her melodious giggle as she sang the next line, gripping on to my arm, swinging them intertwined.

We continued like that, having our own little concert amongst us both, until the music came to an end and the crowd that had grew, began to clap.

I turned to the stage eagerly to clap for the musicians as well, only to see the lead singer and the lead guitarist grinning down at Alexa and I while clapping.

"Well I'd say they're more entertaining than us!" The guitarist joked, nudging the singer with his elbow.
I peered over my shoulder to see that the majority of the cheering crowd was in fact, focused on Alexa and I. We were so engrossed in each other's company and having fun that we hadn't realized we had become the source of entertainment.

"Any requests?" The brunette singer asked, her cat-eyed gaze flitting between us both. She should have been slightly irritated than Alexa and I had stolen attention away from their gig, but by the wide smiles they all wore, they weren't annoyed in the least.

Alexa let go of my hand and scurried to the stage, motioning for the brunette to lean over. The brunette stooped so that Alexa could have whispered in her ear, and stood with an even wider grin once Alexa was done.

Her gaze shifted to me and the crinkled at her eyes deepened as she tilted her head. "You have good taste in music cutie."

Alexa's expression must have spoken for her thoughts because the guitarist and the brunette laughed before I could have replied.
"Relax, I wasn't hitting on your boyfriend."

She stepped back and motioned for her band-mates to huddle as they discussed their next performance. Evidently they didn't need much prepping, as a minute later they all dispersed and returned to their instruments.

The intro to the cover began and I felt a burst of excitement surge through me as I easily recognized the song. I dropped my gaze to Alexa, who was expectantly looking at me with the cheekiest expression.

"I could just-" I started, leaning forward to cup her face. I paused when I realized that because of our previous personal performance, many eyes were glued to our interaction.

"You could just?" She prompter, a smirk slowly growing upon her face. Her gaze flitted to my lips and then back to my eyes.

Oh fuck it.

I ducked my head and placed a meaningful and passionate kiss to her lips, completely ignoring the background noises of the band and cheering of the crowd.

When I stepped back, her eyes seemed dazed and a small smile had replaced her previous smirk. "I wasn't expecting you to do that."

Neither did I, the old Nate would've hesitated to even kiss Alexa on the forehead amongst a staring crowd.

I nodded in response and slipped my hand in hers once again. I instantly felt warm at her touch, I felt complete.

"Let's give these Durlians another performance huh? Show them how us Slavic people do it."

She nodded eagerly and began swaying to the music. "I can't think of anything better."

A/N: As I said in the first authors note, this was a deleted scene that I cut from a chapter. I just edited it, and added in some extra lines.

Hope you enjoyed it! This scene happened before the pool scene in Kat's country.

Love you guys ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778K 25.4K 41
The Princetons and the Lockes. It's an enmity of decades. And so the tradition continues when it comes to Venus and Caden. A prince and a leader's da...
28 7 3
This is inspired by a writing project I supervised when I worked with an elementary student. This writing project was a group project to make their o...
17.2K 671 20
A young fairy prince tries to escape the mortifying ordeal of being known by running away to the forbidden land of humans, blending in as one of them...
254 2 13
A romance between two beautiful souls. They fell in love, everything goes perfectly and is like they are living their dream. Every day feels like if...