Love Like You Literally

By Jdcatz

SUMMARY: The beach being so quiet and peaceful, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sound of t... More

Love Like You

1.5K 86 34
By Jdcatz

‘Yes! Yes! Yes! The beach!’ you mentally screamed.

You can't help but smile to yourself.

You were walking along side the road, slowly making your way towards the beach entrance.

There were a flight of stairs leading down to the coastline.

You paused, kicking off your footwear, before bending down to pick it up.

You stood back up, breathed in deeply, and happily sighing back out; a small grin creeping up over your face.(again)

You hastily went down the concrete stairs towards the beach, and abruptly stopped at the bottom.

In your hand were the pair of flipflops that you decided to take off earlier.

You continued to slowly jump/walk towards your destination, with your eyes closed.

You were such in a good mood that you didn't care if you looked like a childish giddy idiot bouncing up and down while walking barefoot.

In which, you actually are.

Opening your eyes, you once again took in the calming scene before you.

YOU FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE BEACH.

DAGOBAH BEACH.

The soft sand beneath your feet,

the gentle crash of the waves,

the smell of salt,

the small breeze that ruffled the edges of your dress,

everything was so beautiful.

The sun had just started to set too,
adding to that magical feeling that you couldn't name
that seemed to just be consuming your whole being.

It was perfect.

Just perfect.

"Ahhh."
You sighed out, feeling relaxed.

"All alone, all by myself in this peaceful and relaxing beach! YEEEESSS!"
You exclaimed, punching both of your arms in the air.

Well, that's what you thought at first.

"Hehehehehe,"

"Hmm?" You raised a brow as you heard someone giggle.

Turning your head towards the source of the giggling, you spot a young couple.

Both of them were walking towards you.

They didn't seem to notice that your gaze was focused on them, both were so engrossed in each other's company, that they looked like they were on their own world.

You quickly rip your own gaze from the two.

Upon seeing the two, the young loving couple, it reminded you of what you lack at the moment.

The young man was somewhat telling a story or a joke? You couldn't really tell.

In which the young lady giggled loudly, grabbing the young mans arm, and leaning her head on his shoulder.

You gripped your hands to fists, as thoughts began to invade your mind.

One by one.

The dark thoughts started creeping up on you.

You lightly shake your head, trying to dismiss them.

It didn't work.

'You envy them.'

"STOP."

'Because you don't have what they have.'

"JUST STOP."

You kept on insisting saying "STOP" loudly in your head,
that's what you always say to yourself at times like this.

But deep inside,
you knew how you really felt,
and the worse part is,
you really can't deny it.

You don't feel like denying it.

"You're selfish."

"STOP"

SOO SELFISH

THAT

IT HURTS.

You wondered if you'll ever have that.

LOVE.

A relationship

A partner

A romantic partn--

"Good evening." Both bowing down slightly, the young couple greeted you.

"Ohh, ummm," You were startled as you were suddenly ripped from your own thoughts.

"Good evening to the both of you too." You awkwardly bowed back with a smile, in response to their greeting.

‘So, they did notice me.’ You thought.

Of course they would, they were now litterally an arms reach away from you.

They three of you nodded to each other, as you each went about your business.

You watch as the two continued to walk pass you, hand in hand, looking at each other's eyes deeply and lovingly.

Your smile quickly faded when the two young couples turned their backs towards you.

Your previous thoughts came invading back.

You furrowed your brows in annoyance to yourself, you raised a hand to grab your chest.
"It hurts again." You thought to yourself.

Your chest felt heavy and tight, and your breathing started to get labored and uneven.

You slammed your hand hard over your chest a few times trying to ease the pain.

Physical or emotional pain, you're not sure.

The couple were now slowly making their way up the stairs, leading them back towards the city.

You shake your head trying to get rid of the thoughts.

"Snap out of it (Y/N)!"
You scolded yourself, as you close you eyes, trying to ease out your panting.

Grabbing your forehead with your other hand, you started to think about other random thoughts.

Trying to distract yourself from the dark thoughts that you were currently suffering.

‘Stop pitying yourself (Y/N)!
Stop it, stop it, stop it!

Its’s pathetic!

It’s not so Hero like….’

'HERO.'

You chuckled at the word.

It's kinda funny,

It reminded you of someone,

Someone strong

Someone kind

Someone Funny

Someone you like

Someone you care for

Someone close to you

Someone you would go head over heels for.

You chuckled again.

'THAT GUY.'

You were thinking about him.

Thinkin about your said HERO, when your cheeks suddenly start to feel warm, and a noticeable blush soon spreaded throughout your cheeks.

You quickly covered your face trying to hide your blush from apparently no one.

You felt silly from your own actions,

'Who the heck would I be embarassed to?'

You look around seeing no other person on the beach besides "you and yourself".

You immediately laughed out loud from your own joke, wiping a tear from your eye.

You immediately felt fine now, being enlightened from your earlier state and thoughts, just by merely thinking about HIM.

HIM.

YOUR HERO.

Your hero not just physically but also mentally.

You turned your head again.

Looking towards at where the couple came from the beach earlier.

"They probably came to the pier on a date." You thought.

The beach was a popular dating spot, it has a pier with a small hut where people, mostly couples, visit and hang out.

This was once a junkyard, full of rampant pollution, but for the past few months someone has been cleaning it up, until it was left spotless.

You ain't got the slightest idea to whoever cleaned this up, but you sure were very thankful to HIM, or HER, or THEM. (lol like I said, you don't know)

With the trash moved out of the way, the beach became accessible to the public once again.

You deeply breathe in the salty breeze again, trying to compose yourself.

Feeling the beaches' calming effects,

You lazily bent to sit down, enjoying the silky texture of the ground on your calves.

“I needed this”

You needed a break. YES.

All this undercover hero work is tiring you out, both physically and mentally.

You wanted to plummet yourself on the sand on your back.

But after thinking about it for awhile, you decided against it.

You didn’t want to get sand on your hair or all over the back of your dress.

That would be a pain to clean up later.

"Hmmmm." You started to hum, digging your ankle deeper into the sand.

"The sand is still warm..."

You sighed happily in content, staring off into the waves as you began to slowly hum whatever random notes came up in your head.

Eventually your mind set itself on a particular rhythm, a calm, methodical kind of one.

It was from a familiar show that you often watched.

...It seemed to match the mood of the beach; and you quickly found yourself needing to sing it.

You took in a quiet breath.

'I mean, no one's here, so it wouldn't hurt, right?'

"If I could🎵begin to be,🎵
half of what 🎵you think of me, 🎵
I could do about anything,🎵
I could even learn how to love...🎶"

You couldn't help but start to think about your CRUSH.

Your HERO

ALL MIGHT

And as you call him by his nickname TOSHI.

You’ve always thought highly of him both as a Hero and a close friend.

In fact, he is the number 1 hero.
The best of the best.
The world's symbol of peace.

"When I see,🎵the way you act, 🎵
wondering when I'm coming back,🎵
I could do about anything,🎵
I could even learn how to love, 🎵like you.🎶"

Yes, he was the one who had stolen your heart; and honestly, you wouldn't have it any other way.

It is exciting being around him he’s so bouncy, most of the time when he is in his true form, and you enjoy being with him, even though he can be loud sometimes when in hero form.

He's a colleague in your hero work, and he's also your best friend.

"Love,🎶 like you...🎶"

He tries so hard, and he's so sweet; so kind, gentlemanly, polite.
Every time he walked into a room, you could feel the mood instantly brighten.
To you, he truly was awesome- er, no, MIGHTY. As he always says he is.
And, well, he was also waaaaaaay out of your league.

"I always thought,🎵
I might be bad,🎵
now i'm sure that it's true.🎵
Cus' I think you're so good,🎵
and🎵 I'm nothing like you!"

'I’m not really at all worthy being loved so much. By... anyone.

I wanted to be like him,
to love so kindly and be so nice and amazing, but I can't.

I just can't.'

I could only foolishly hope

"Look at you go,🎵
I just adore you,🎵
Oh how I wish that I knew🎵!
What makes you think🎵 I'm so🎵 spe-cial...🎶"

And wish,

"If I could🎵 begin to do,🎵
something that 🎵does right by you,🎵
I would do about anything,🎵
I would even learn how to love...🎶"

And dream,

"When I see, 🎵
the way you look, 🎵
shaken by🎵 how long it took, 🎵
I could do about anything,🎵
I could even learn 🎵how to love, 🎵like you🎶!"

That one day he could finally see how you felt, and that you'd somehow be lucky enough for him to admit a return of affection.

But, you knew that there was someone better for him out there.

Someone better than you.

"Love,🎵 like you...🎶"

Oh but how you'd wish he'd just...

Well...

"Love me🎵, like you...🎶"

As the lyrics put it.

You gave another soft sigh, whispering faintly.

"......Oh, Toshi..."

Finishing the song, you looked down at your feet.
Feeling the strong longing that you previously felt before.

But this time it's different,

Different and stronger than the last.

And it seems to course right through your very SOUL.

"My goodness (Y/N)... you never told me you could sing..."

That was the quietest you'd ever heard him be.

You recognized the voice and your whole world shook.
As if your very soul completely left your body at that instant.

You stiffened, and ever so slowly turned your head around and up, your (E/C) orbs locked gaze with his deep blue ones.

The tell-tale heat had quickly blossomed on your cheeks once again.

“T-to-Toshi?!” you stuttered.
"H-how long have you... been standing there?"

He looked away, his face growing reddish pink..

"I- er, well..."
Scratching the side of his face, shifting his weight from one leg to another. Toshinori suddenly felt somewhat embarassed.

"Since, like, uh, the second line...?"

Oh, how you wished so badly that he hadn't heard what you said at the end,

but seeing his blushing face,

he most likely had heard it.

. . .

Yup.

Definitely heard it. 

'Ooohhhhh! MAMA MIA! HAELP-PA MIA!’ you mentally screamed!

You thoughts were going crazy with just the mere presence of Toshi, that you found yourself fumbling for words.

"Oh my gosh, R-really?! I- I didn't mean to um-!" you started to blurt out.

"Y-Y/N."

You swallowed nervously,

"Y-yes...?"

"DID YOU... REALLY... Mean those things? W-what you said? Is.. is that how you feel... about... me?"
He asked, his voice going softer and softer until the end.

"I-..." you winced.

"….."

"….."

"....." 

"...Yeah. It... it is, Toshi."

You took a deep breath as you painfully tore your gaze away from his.
You couldn't look at him anymore.

"...It's just th-that you're so... amazing! A-and nice, and talented... and I just admire you so much... every time I hear from you, or I simply just see you, I find myself grinning like this big, goofy idiot. Like, my day can be going just absolutely shitty, and then I see you and it's as if I was never even sad in the first place! Y-you make me smile like- like nobody else can, and I just... I..."

"....."

"...I... I like you, Toshi.”

'There I said it, I finally said it.'

"I like you a lot and in more than just a platonic way. Honestly I like you so much I'm not even sure if I could simply call it "liking" anymore... But... I understand if you don't feel the same, I mean after all, I'm just an undercover hero... and besides we're best friends Toshi..."

Your hands clenched fearfully.

"And," you chuckled, "that'd be weird! But umm I..I just needed to get that off my chest okay? And I reallyreallyhopethisdoen'tchangeanythingandwe-"

A smooth hand on your chin had tilted your head up, and had cut you off with a sudden kiss.

For a second, you froze; lost in the breath-taking sensation.

Though, you quickly found yourself pressing back into the dizzying feeling, your eyes closed shut.

You melted into it as his arms came to gently wrap around your waist, pulling you close to him in a passionate embrace; nearly seating you in his lap.

'Huh? When had he sat down?'

After a few seconds, he slowly pulled away to rest his forehead against yours; the two of you staring deeply into each others eyes. His deep blue ones locking with your (E/C) ones.

The new found bond could be seen clearly in them from both sides.

"I love you too, (Y/N). I have for a long time, and I'm overjoyed you feel the same way."

He whispered so softly, as if it were a secret only meant for the two of you.

(Word Count: 2396)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
22.9M 803K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
909K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...