Human in Zootopia

By ShakeNBake101

Camila Barns is your average 16 year old. Nothing she's done has been exciting or adventurous. But, as she wa... More

A/N
Wannabe
A Frightful Past, but an Exciting Future
Chases and Red Velvet Ice Cream
Am I in Panama or What?!
Waffles
The Chase
Trailer!
Save the Drama for Dr. Llama
Jazzpaws
Cool Kid Patrol

Fires Don't Stop Han Solo

1.2K 19 9
By ShakeNBake101

A/N: Hey, guys! Finally finished a chapter! I really worked hard on this because I wanted to make sure it had long chapters with more than 2,000 words, have a good plot, and to overall make something that would make people happy! I'm sorry for the wait, but I wanted this chapter to be my best so far. I hope you like it!

Anyway, onto the story!

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

"Ugggghhh...." Camila groaned as a small amount of sunlight hit her face. "How long was I asleep?" she managed to get out.

"Mom, I just had the craziest dream last night and I-"

 She sat up. When she did, she noticed her surroundings.

"Yup. That definitely wasn't a dream."

She was in a jail cell, sitting on a small concrete bed. The small rays of the sun were coming from a tiny rectangular window. Next to her was a concrete stool, shower, and a toilet. It was obviously made to hold just one person.

By the side of the cell was a cup. And not just any cup. Camila grinned. Whoever was here, was going to get annoyed.

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

Camila had been banging on the cell with the cup for about 30 minutes, making a loud clicking noise as it hit the metal.

"Hellloooo!!!??!? I know someones here!!"

She called out.

But there was no response.

"I demand to see the one in charge around here!"

But still, there was no response.

"I most certainly have the right to a lawyer, and-and I refuse to be held in a cell like-"

"A savage animal?" Chief Bogo suggested as he stood at the door frame along with Hopps and Wilde.

"Close," she shrugged. "But I was going to say Han Solo."

"Who's Han Solo?" Judy whispered to Nick as they stepped closer to the cell.

"Don't know," Nick whisper-replied back.

"Quiet, both of you!" They immediately stopped talking.

"Finally! You know, you guys have  terrible service." Camila pointed out as she stood up.

She stared at the furies in front of her. One was a big Cape buffalo. The other two were-

"Hey! You too!"

Judy and Nick looked at her with strange eyes, as if they were surprised she called had called out to them.

"..Us?" Just finally said as she looked from Camila, then to Nick, and then back to her.

"Yeah, you too! What's the idea, chasing me for no reason!"

"Excuse me, we-"

"And you! You were the one who tranqed me!" She shouted as she pointed at the chief

"Yeah, so what?" He asked calmly, as if it were no big deal.

"That's not a normal thing that happens is it!?!?"

"...I mean, not everyday, but it was the right thing to do for that situation. And you're not really "normal" to us eaither here." Nick said.

"Do you even know what the situation was?" She accused.

"Yeah, the situation was, look! There's a weird mammal on the run!"

"Just because I was running away?!?!"

"No! Because you grabbed a steel pipe!"

"So?"

"So?! So that's what I had to use for my protection!"

"Whatever," she started. "Still not a reason for holding a tranq gun, but whatever!" she finished the last with a little more loudness in her voice.

There was an awkward silence for about a minute.

"So....Can you let me out?"

"And exactly why would I do that?"

"Because I asked nicely?"

"Well, you did vandalize multiple properties, steal, and attack my officers, Hopps and Wilde, so you don't really have a choice after all that."

"But...I still asked nicely, though!"

"You didn't even say please!" Nick pointed out.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that the way I said it was better than saying, 'Let me out of this cell or else', don't you think?"

Nick just gave her a blank stare.

Camila rolled her eyes. "Ughh, fine. Can you please let me out of this-"

"No can do...what did you say her name was again?" Bogo said turning to his officers for support.

"She said Homo saphien but i highly doubt that that's her name."

"What's your name, Homo sapien?"

"What's your name?" Camila asked.

"I asked you first."

"Well, I always like to know who's abode I'm in. It's only fair, after all, since I am your guest."

"You're a prisoner as long as you're in that jail cell," Bogo said as he grabbed the cell keys out of his pocket and showed them to her."

"Well I'm not anymore thanks for noticing."

Everyone turned around to see Camila right behind them, out of the cell.

"How did you-"

"Ya' know you should really be careful with the keys. Somebody could grab them when you're not paying attention and sneak out of their jail cell."

"Get back in the cell!" Bogo yelled.

"I don't think that's how it's supposed to work when you have the key."

"Either way, you're still going to answer all of our questions. I am Chief Bogo of the ZPD. Now, I'm not going to ask again What is your real name?"

"....Is it hot in here, or is it just me?"

"Why you little-"

"Where is this place anyway? I mean, I must of traveled far down the rabbit hole to get here. Google maps has even said this is uncharted territory."

"You're at the Zootopia Police Department, or ZPD for short," Hopps replied.

"Zootopia huh, that's what this crazy place with animals and obnoxious cops is called, interesting..."

Bogo rolled his eyes. "You said this is uncharted territory. Where do you come from?"

"United States of America, or U.S.A for short, one of the best 7 continents to be in. I come from the proud state of Texas."

"America? Interesting..." Judy said as she wrote some stuff down on her notepad.

"Is your world much different from ours?" Bogo questioned.

"Not really, not other than the talking animal part. I mean usually if there were any animals, they'd be in the wild. By the way, how do you know how to talk?"

"How do you know how to talk?" Nick retorted.

Camila gasped. "So an evil witch put a curse on your land and the citizens too, causing everybody to know the same language instantly??!"

"...Did that happen to you in your world?" Judy asked, looking a bit shocked.

"Nah, I just made that up. But, that still doesn't answer my question."

"Well, long ago, animals used to live in a system where predator hunted prey,"

Nick started.

"But over time, we have evolved, and live together now, predator and prey," Judy finished.

"Interesting..." Camila said.

"Speaking of, are you predator or prey?" Bogo asked while eying Camila.

She however, ignored the fact that he was doing so. "I am.....an Apex Predator!"

"No way!"

"What! That can't be right!"

"Are you sure you know what an Apex Predator is?"

"Yeah, I'm not stupid!" Ishe retorted. "But humans really are considered to be Apex Predator's. Well, at least when we have weapons anyway."

"Would you say that humans have any skills that make them dangerous?" Just asked, curiously.

"Carrots, look at her, she doesn't look dangerous!" He said as he ruffled up her hair, to Camila's horror. In return she slapped his hand away, making him retract his hand back.

"Hey! Back off, that was a $350 haircut!"

Nick snorted. "See, she's harmless."

"Well, I did happen to outsmart you two multiple times, who actually have "skills" as you claim, which for some reason, I am apparently not up to your standards."

Camila turned sharply, facing Bogo. "These are supposed to be your best officers?" Puh-leeze! I would of escaped if you didn't tranq me!"

"Let's get back on topic." Bogo started, obviously changing the subject.

"What do animals usually do when you see them?" He asked.

"Well, they usually just run away like cowards, honestly. Either that or just sit there and sniff you from a distance. But I really don't get to see a lot of predators."

"Why's that?"

"Because they live in the wild..."

"Oh."

"Well, getting back to the question we need to be answering, how and why are you here?" Bogo questioned sternly.

"I don't know! I was just minding my own business, and then...BAM! I'm in crazy animal town!"

"Did you happen to be minding your own business just like when Tony's Waffles got robbed?"

"Can it, loser!"

"Well, either way, you've caused a ton of problems for each citizen of Zootopia!"

"How so?"

He then grabbed a remote for the TV

"Just watch," and he turned to the news.

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

"Good morning, citizens of Zootopia, this is ZNN. I'm Fabienne Growley, along with Peter Moosebridge."

"This main story we have for you today; a new creature has showed up this morning, causing fear for many citizens in many ways." Moosebridge says.

"And this is what we have found out so far. Let's go to Justine for our info. Justine?"

The screen changed and showed a tiger holding a microphone.

"Thank you, Fabienne. I'm Justine Growlett, and right now, I'm outside of the very popular Tony's Waffles, where this new species was first spotted. "Here with us today we have Lily Small, who says she was the one who had actually taken the creatures waffle order. What do you have say about the situation?"

"Well, I was just at my morning shift at the register when I take the creatures order. I didn't know that it was the creature however, since they actually had a hood covering their face and gloves on. When I was helping the next customer, I hear my coworker Grizzly, yelling about someone who ran away without paying. And then I see two ZPD officers who were in the building at the time, run out of the store.

After a while, I see that my friend sent me a link to a Zootube video where one of the ZPD officers that was in the story, was with the same customer that ran out of the store and had actually pulled down the hood to reveal that that wasn't a normal mammal you would see everyday."

The screen then showed the Zootube clip of the chase with Judy and Camila.

"Wow, Lily, it looks like you experienced a lot, huh?" she said as the screen flickered back to the two, which showed Lilly nodding.

"Well, I hope every mammal in Zootopia stays safe and doesn't happen to run into this mammal again, because, again, we don't know what this mammal is capable of, it could seem like a harmless creature and then turn out to be what we don't expect.

Alright, that's all from me and Lily here, now back to you Fabienne."

The screen changed and now showed Moosebridge and Growley.

"Thank you, Justine and Lily, for telling your side of the story about this new creature in Zootopia," Moosebridge starts.

"The prisoner was caught and taken into custody of the ZPD a few hours ago in the Downtown District. However, they have not released any information about the new species, but are most likely questioning it right now and trying to get some answers."

"So the main question," Growley starts.

"What is this new creature,"

"Why is it here,"

"Where does it come from,"

"Is it predator or prey,"

"And most importantly, is it a threat?" Moosebridge finishes.

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

And with that, Bogo turned the TV off.

"Do you get it now?"

Camila rolled her eyes and moved her head from side to side. "Yeah, yeah, I'm a wanted criminal and I've disturbed the peace."

"Don't act sarcastic around me, Missy!"

"Too late, don't ya' think?"

"You've caused enough trouble already, so I suggest that you just listen up and stop talking."

"Did I ask for your opinion?"

"I don't care about yours." he said, while raising an eyebrow.

Camila then raised her nose up, and sniffed the air. 'Huh, it smells weird.'

"So in order for us to help you, you're just going to have to-"

"Do you guys smell that?" she said as she raised her nose up again.

"Stop talking! I'm trying to help you out by-"

"But, I-"

"Shut up and listen! This is the last time I'm going to say this, so you better listen good and-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!" Camila then yelled. Everyone looked at her.

"What?" Bogo asked, annoyed that she interrupted him.

She smelled the air again, sniffing good and hard, until she finally realized what it was.

"I smell smoke."

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

And with that everyone rushed out the door. Bogo in front, Camila in the back, with Judy and Nick in the middle. They took a few left and rights, and then came to look outside of a window. They looked down and saw-

"Fire. And spreading fast. Let's move quickly. Hopps, you get the fire alarm. Wilde, call the fire department and alert everyone of the status of the situation."

"Yes chief!" They both yelled, and then went their separate ways. Chief Bogo then started sprinting in the opposite direction down the hall.

"Wait, what should I do?" Camila asked.

He paused before he turned the corner.

"Stay there, don't move, don't do anything stupid, and don't cause any more trouble!"

And with that, he was gone.

After a few seconds, she blinked then grinned. "Yeah, I'm totally escaping." And with that, she was running down the hall.

⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪--⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃--∪・ω・∪

A/N: Yay! I finally finished this chapter! I was kind of held up with school stuff (jk, what school stuff, I do everything last minute nowadays). I'm reading The Outsiders in class and it's so good! But guess how many books total I'm reading? I'm reading a total of 5 lengthy books right now! I'm trying to finish them ALL this weekend. Wish me luck!

(Btw, thanks for 1.8K on AGC! I'll update later this week if I have time!)

See you guys in the next update! I have a good plot in store!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 355 20
The trouble life with Lauren and Dinah...
378K 14.6K 38
She has nobody...will it always be that way? Nine year old Camila was desperate to be saved, but the last person she expects to do just that was her...
74.7K 1.1K 31
Lol sorry for the crappy titles But um yeah A lot of these are sad because I tend to write when I'm angry or upset, soo just a warning. Some of them...
1.3K 51 17
Camila Cabello a normal 16 year old in high school...well that's what she thought. Lauren Jauregui a new 17 year old student that recently moved to M...