Adam & Steve

By SeraphinaRivera

Adam and Steve are best friends, and the last two people on earth. They don't know how it happened or why. Th... More

Warning
F.A.Q. (Sequel Questions/Answers)
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter One
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Two
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Three
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Four
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Five
Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Six

Adam & Steve (Short Story)

61.7K 2.7K 4.8K
By SeraphinaRivera

   Between Adam and Steve, Adam was the one who always woke up first. He was the light sleeper between the two friends. But this particular morning, it was Steve who woke up first. Bright, warm rays of sunshine hit Steve through the open windows in his bedroom. He squinted his eyes and brought up his hand to cover his eyes from the blinding light.

Adam was still sleeping on the other side of the room in Steve's huge bean bag chair. He'd fallen asleep with the remote control in his hand and another hand inside his pants, which gross but whatever.

Steve finally raised his head up high, starting to get annoyed with the fact that he couldn't run from the light. He wasn't even sure why the window was open; it was always closed. It must have been Adam who had opened it and just forgotten to close it again.

As Steve rose from his slumber, rubbing his eyes and letting his mind come alive, he realized that the sunlight had a very slight blue effect, like if someone was holding a blue clear screen in front of the sun.

"What," Steve said.

"Can you stop screaming?" Adam mumbled an unexpected reply.

"I didn't scream you asshole," Steve replied, throwing one of his pillows at him. "I said one quiet word."

"Words can speak a thousand words."

"Um, are you drunk? Cause that seriously made absolutely no sense. Also can you please close the window next time you decide to open it for whatever reason?"

Adam ignored him, popping his hand out of his pants and letting the remote control drop on the carpet floor. He sighed contently into the soft material of the bean bag chair and fell asleep again. Steve just rolled his eyes and looked around his room, now completely awake. His room was actually pretty clean, so he was happy about that. The only mess was the empty pizza box on the floor from last night.

Steve jumped out of bed and picked it up, walking out of his room to head downstairs to the kitchen where he mushed the box in half and shoved it inside the trash can. Something felt odd to him as he stood in the quiet kitchen. There was no smell of fresh coffee that his parents made every morning before work. He took a quick glance at the coffee pot on the kitchen island and it wasn't even plugged in or anything. Maybe they woke up too late and couldn't brew themselves a hot cup of coffee.

He grabbed a large cup and filled it with ice cold water and brought it upstairs to his room for Adam to drink.

"Hey, I bought you water. Also, if you masturbate on my bean bag chair again, especially while I'm asleep in bed in the same room, I won't hesitate to set you on fire," Steve told him as he stretched the cup towards Adam.

"Huh? Wha? I wasn't . . ." Adam blinked his eyes open. "Wait, was I masturbating?"

Steve shrugged. "You had your hand in your pants when I woke up."

Adam looked at him and one of his eyes flickered, just one. Steve held in his laugh, he wasn't going to laugh.

"You're a moron," Adam said. "I was probably just scratching. If I did masturbate in front of you, I assure you that you wouldn't ever find out."

"That's totally not creepy at all," Steve said sarcastically as he handed him the water. Adam gulped it down entirely in one go, giving Steve the cup back. "Nice."

"Thanks, it's one of my secret talents you don't know about." Adam got up, stretching and groaning loudly. Steve went into his bathroom to brush his teeth while Adam went straight to his phone and unplugged it from the wall, sitting on the bed while he got lost in the world of technology.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked as he saw the face Adam made through the mirror.

"Simone hasn't replied to any of my texts."

"Can you stop worrying? I'm sure she'll respond, give her time."

Simone was this beautiful dark girl completely out of Adam's league. Steve was positive that the girl wasn't even into white dudes, but Adam, knowingly, didn't care. He had this huge crush on her that began a couple of months ago and only recently did they start texting each other. But from what Steve heard, she only went after tan Spanish guys and Adam was neither. He was paler than the moon, and he was pretty sure Adam's ass emitted a kind of moonlight as well.

"Did you get any messages?" Adam asked.

With the brush and toothpaste filling up his entire mouth, he shrugged. Adam rolled around the bed to the other side and grabbed Steve's phone, quickly typing down the code to unlock it. Steve wanted to ask how he knew his code, but Adam was his best friend, he knew everything.

"You have nothing, also I just noticed we have no signal," Adam said, staring at both of the phones.

Once Steve finished brushing his teeth, he went back to Adam and took his phone back. He wasn't lying, neither of them had signal. When he tried to text someone, it gave him an error message. He went to the house phone downstairs and tried to call his mom, but there wasn't even a tone when he placed it on his ear, just silence.

"That is so weird," Adam mumbled with a toothbrush in his mouth. Steve looked up and down at him.

"Can you brush your teeth in the bathroom and not in the kitchen, please? Remember how my mom reacted when she found out you used the kitchen sink and spat all over the dishes?"

"I don't know why, she was gonna clean them anyway," he replied.

"OH MY GOD!" Steve screamed, pulling the hand that was holding the toothbrush. "THAT'S MY TOOTHBRUSH!"

"Um," he said, staring at the brush. "No? Mine was the blue one."

"Yours is the green one!"

"Oh, God." Adam stared at the brush in horror, then he ran upstairs panicking. "Oh, God. I think I'm gonna throw up."

Steve sighed and just shook his head sympathetically. Next time he was going to give Adam the pink toothbrush, that way he won't forget which one is his.

He went back to the little dilemma he was having. The phones weren't working, so how was he supposed to communicate with anyone? How was he supposed to find out when the phones would work again? He was definitely going to change companies. His phone service sucked.

Oh! He could go online and message his mom, ask her to call the company for him and see what the hell was going on. He went back upstairs to his bedroom and turned on his computer. As he waited for the monitor to light up, he watched Adam scrubbing his mouth with a different brush this time.

Steve typed in his password when the box appeared with his username. As his computer loaded up all of the files, he saw the red mark at the bottom right corner of the screen. The internet was off.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Steve said, starting to get frustrated.

"What?"

"The internet isn't working," he said as he clicked on the internet icon and opened up the browser page. Nothing loaded up.

"Is the power on?" Adam asked.

Steve slowly spun around, squinting his eyes at Adam. "I worry about you, Adam."

"What?" Adam asked, then realized Steve was on the computer with the power most definitely on. "Oh. Shut up."

"I guess we have nothing to do," Steve said sadly, already getting bored.

"We can go outside and play basketball?" Adam suggested.

Steve looked at him like he was completely nuts. "Ew, why? You can be the athletic one, I'll just stay inside and be a couch potato."

"You're skinnier than I am, how can you be a couch potato?"

"I can be whatever I want to be," Steve muttered quietly.

"Come on, let's go for a walk. Maybe everything will be on when we come back."

"Fine, but we're stopping by the gas station for slushie," Steve said.

Once they dressed in more comfortable, public-worthy clothes, they headed downstairs and Steve grabbed the house keys. Steve put on his hat backwards because he was gangster, and Adam put on his black beanie because he hadn't washed his hair and it was a wild mess.

"Am I ugly? Is that why she doesn't like me?" Adam said abruptly as they were walking across the street.

"You're very ugly," Steve replied. Adam's jaw dropped, making a genuine sad face. Steve tried to imitate Adam's eye flickering but failed. He laughed anyway so it half worked. "I'm kidding, you're not ugly. You're just too white for her."

"Maybe I should tan."

"Nah, don't change yourself for anyone. I'm not trying to be corny, but it's true. If she isn't gonna like you for you, then fuck her."

"I'm trying," he said, trying not to laugh.

"Wow, walked myself into that one didn't I?"

"I hate living in Brooklyn sometimes."

Steve suddenly stopped walking. It took Adam more than a few seconds to notice, and when he did he ran back to Steve and looked at him questioningly. Steve was staring at his surroundings when he finally spoke, "We've been walking for almost half an hour . . . and we haven't seen a single car or person."

"What?" Adam said quickly, looking around and thinking back at how far they walked to get to where they were and realizing that Steve was right. "Okay, now I'm freaking out."

Steve ran across the street and strode down the sidewalk, eyeing each building he passed. There was no one inside any of the stores or apartments. No one outside on the streets. Every car insight was parked silently on the side of the road, one was even in the middle of the street like it had randomly stopped working.

"Where is everyone?" Steve asked.

"Did something happen while we were asleep?"

"If it did, why didn't my parents wake us up?"

They continued their path, keeping a close eye on pretty much everything. When they reached the gas store, they walked inside and it was empty. Everything was on, working perfectly fine. There was music playing from a small radio where the cash register was, but Steve could see the CD inside so it wasn't actual live radio music.

Adam took a beverage from one of the refrigerators and shrugged when he opened it and Steve sent him a look.

"Dude, what the hell is going on?" Steve said, grabbing his head and shutting down as he slowly sat down on the ground, breathing heavily.

Adam tossed his drink and ran to him, kneeling in front of him.

"Okay, whoa, don't you dare get an attack!" Adam told him.

"Telling me isn't gonna stop it from happening!"

"It's okay. I'm here, you see? You're not alone in this, I'm also confused and a little bit scared. But I'm here with you and nothing is gonna happen. I'm sure we're gonna find someone that will tell us what's happening."

Steve nodded, still breathing hard. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm fine."

"Let's get your slushie and keep walking, yeah?"

The entire day went by and they didn't find a single person. It was dark out when they arrived at Steve's house again.

"Mom? Dad? Are you here?" Steve asked loudly when they stepped foot inside. When no answer came, Steve grunted furiously and went to the living room, throwing himself on the couch and groaning some more. "How? How is it that there is NOBODY. We walked for hours and didn't find a single living being. Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? This is one sick dream."

"It's not a dream," Adam said, popping his bubble.

"Thanks dream Adam."

"Listen, I know I'm dreamy and all, but it's not a dream," Adam replied, sitting next to Steve on the couch. "Believe me, I keep asking myself the same question. I'm hoping that it's a dream or some prank, even though that's complete bullshit. Why would the entire population pull a prank on us, right? We're not that special."

"Is it the end of the world?" Steve asked quietly, but dead serious.

"I don't know. Could be . . ."

"What is it called in the bible? When it's the end of the world and everyone goes to heaven and the bad people stay on earth?"

"Uhm . . . I think that's the Rapture."

"Are we bad people?" Steve asked.

"No, I don't believe any of that. I'm one hundred percent positive that this isn't the Rapture. If it was, there would still be a lot of people here not just us," Adam said, giving Steve a smile. "Seriously, we're not bad. Especially you."

"I'm okay with the world ending, you know? It's bound to happen, but why like this? How is it even possible? And why are we the only two left?"

"We don't know that for sure. We didn't search that far, maybe there's other people in other places all wondering the same thing. Tomorrow morning we'll search again, okay?"

"Yeah," Steve said softly, sleep catching up to him.

-*-*-*-

Steve woke up the same way he woke up yesterday; with a blast of sunshine. He looked around with confused, dizzy eyes. In front of him was the double glass doors that led to the backyard. The curtains were spread to the side and the doors were both open, letting in the sunlight.

"Adam?" Steve suddenly panicked, realizing that his best friend wasn't beside him. His heart pumped fast as he got up, but he found him on the floor, sleeping peacefully. He must have fallen during the night.

"Hm? What?" Adam muttered.

"Why did you open the doors?" he asked.

Adam opened his eyes and looked at the yard from under the coffee table.

"I didn't open anything," he replied.

"Maybe it was my parents!" Steve said, excited. He jumped over Adam's body and ran to his parent's bedroom. He went in, expecting to see his parents in bed, but it was empty. There wasn't even any sign that they had ever been there in the first place.

Adam came by a few minutes later, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Hey," he said.

Steve didn't look up at him. He was sitting at the edge of his parent's bed staring at the floor.

"It's not a dream."

"Sorry."

"I'm so scared and frustrated at the same time. I feel like if I don't get any answers, I'm going to go crazy."

"Let's get something to eat, okay?" Adam said.

"I'm not hungry."

"Well, I'm hungry, so let's get something to eat."

Steve didn't argue. He followed Adam to the kitchen and watched him make them both pancakes, because the power was on, but for some unknown reason everything else wasn't. No internet, no cable, no phones, no radios, no people, no anything.

Adam handed over his plate but Steve didn't feel like eating, so he just stabbed his food with a fork and enjoyed the sensation of the stabbing.

They didn't say anything to each other for a while. Steve could tell that Adam wanted to talk, but he didn't and Steve wasn't going to urge him on, he preferred the silence right now. He needed to think, to come up with a rational explanation for what was happening to them. If he couldn't find answers, then he needed to make them up or figure it out himself for the sake of his insanity.

Adam was taking a shower in his bathroom upstairs when Steve remembered the window. The window was open the first day, and now this morning he woke up to the back doors open. Adam said he didn't open the door, and he had no reason to open the window, since he never had before. So why were they open?

Steve walked outside to the backyard and for half a second he saw blue rays of sunshine. It was barely noticeable, but he noticed. He covered his eyes from the sun and looked up. The sky was clear, beautiful actually. He looked around to see if it was a reflection of something, like glass maybe. It had to be a reflection of an object, a blue object.

As he searched through the grass, Adam sneaked behind Steve and scared the crap out of him. Steve screamed so loudly that he almost burst into tears.

"Sorry not sorry," Adam said, laughing.

"FUCKING . . . BITCH!" he screamed at him.

"I like that . . . bitch. I am a bitch."

"Yes, you are," Steve said, storming back inside the house.

"I think we should take advantage of the fact that we're the last two people on earth," Adam said when he ran after Steve. "We are now the rulers of this planet. What do you want to do?"

"I want to find my parents and I want everyone back and more importantly I just want everything to go back to normal."

"You're boring."

"Then find a new best friend."

"Jeez, I wonder where I'll find another person to be besties with," he said sarcastically. "Maybe I'll try the neighbors . . . oh, wait."

"Adam, can you please not? I'm still trying to accept what's happening and I kinda don't want to. I don't want to believe that we're the last two people on earth, it frightens me."

Adam blinked. "I feel . . . I feel this intense emotion in my chest right now . . . " He tapped his chest lightly, faking a cry. "I feel . . . insulted. Are you saying that you would rather be stuck on earth with someone else besides your best friend, brother from another mother, bro without a ho?"

Steve just looked at him with a blunt expression. "No, I'm only saying that I don't want to be in this situation, because it's FRIGHTENING. You know what happens to me when I'm afraid, I really don't want to feel that again."

"I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make things worse for you, I'm just trying to look at the positive side of this," Adam replied, being serious for once.

"What positive side? There is none."

"There's no people. No rules. Everything is ours. Since we're both huge nerds we can just go to every game store, take every game and play them all. We can take all of the expensive clothes we've always wanted and just wear the hell out of them, even if no one is around to see it. We can take any car and drive all freaking day, we could even race across New York City and there would be no police to stop us."

Steve grinned. "That does sound fun."

"We can go anywhere we want. The list is endless."

"I wouldn't say endless. There are still limitations to what we can do. Like we can't go to China, you know?"

"Unless we learn how to fly an airplane."

"Dude, that's giving me anxiety just thinking about it, stop."

"So, what do you want to do first?"

Steve leaned back against the kitchen island and thought about everything he always wanted. There were so many things, so many places he wanted to go and so many things he wanted to do. Things was starting to sound like an odd word to him now.

"Well . . . we've always wanted to leave Brooklyn, how about we go to New York and go to the most expensive place?"

"You want to move?" Adam asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I want to move. Let's move."

"Let's do it then. But first we need a car."

"Does a BMW sound good to you?" Steve asked. "One of the neighbors has one, we can take it if the keys are in his house."

"Hell to the yes. Can you bring the car outside while I pack a few of our things?"

"Yeah, I'll go now," Steve replied.

For the first time, he wasn't afraid. He actually saw the positive side now. There were so many opportunities, so much freedom. Being the only two people left didn't seem to be so bad anymore, and he was glad that it was with his friend and not someone random.

Steve went over a few houses and broke into the house where the man who owned the BMW lived. This part scared him a little bit, since he was still breaking into someone's home. But after he was in and nobody came after him with a bat and no police sirens were heard, all of his worries just flew out the . . . open window.

The windows in the house were all open. That was really strange and creepy, but he wasn't going to over think it. Right now he was going to steal a BMW and drive straight to New York and nobody was going to stop him.

He searched forever until he finally found the damn keys in the man's bedroom, inside one of the drawers. He ran as fast as he could and opened the garage door from the outside of the house. The black, shinny BMW was sitting inside in all of its four wheeled glory.

Steve didn't care about cars. Honestly, he didn't even know any type of car besides the BMW. If he concentrated hard enough, he was sure he could remember others, but again, he didn't care. Adam would know more about cars than him, so he handed his best friend the keys when he drove back to his house.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Adam said as he took the keys from his hands.

"Believe it," Steve said, smiling.

Adam shoved the two suitcases in the back seat and got into the drivers seat, Steve climbing into the passenger side. They stared at the open road in front of them for a few minutes, just breathing quietly. They were totally going to do this. They were moving.

"I need to go to a clothing store to get some clothes for myself, but right now let's go search for a new place to live," Adam said, gripping the driving wheel and hitting the pedal. Adam drove fast, going over the speed limit. Steve trusted him to go as fast as he wanted. He was a good driver, and besides, there were no people or cars to watch out for.

Steve wasn't going to lie to himself, when they reached New York and drove through the empty city, he was afraid again. New York was never empty. Seeing it like this with no one on the sidewalk, no one driving, no cabs, it was very overwhelming. It was a constant reminder that this was really happening.

"I keep thinking of how glad I am that we still have power," Adam said as he looked up at the billboards and all of the bright signs that still it up like every other normal day. Everything was the same, just no people.

"Yeah, I guess I'm glad, too."

"Hm."

"What's wrong?"

"I think I know where we should move, and you're going to love it so much you'll never want to leave," Adam told him.

"Where?"

"Have you heard of The Ty Warner Penthouse?"

"No."

"Dude. DUDE. We're going there right now. No buts, no whining or complaining, don't even look at any other building. In fact, just close your eyes till we get there, I don't want any other hotel trying to sweep you in with their fancy lights."

"Okay? Is it far though? I don't want to fall asleep."

"Nah, it's at the Four Seasons hotel. We're almost there."

They arrived a lot faster since there was no traffic. They parked right in front of the humongous building. Steve was in awe as he climbed out of the car and looked straight up. The penthouse was so high, he couldn't imagine the view they were going to have.

"You ready?" Adam asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready, but how are we going to enter? Don't we need a card or a key, something to let us in?"

"Or an axe," Adam said innocently, raising the tool in the air.

"Wait, what the hell? Where did you get that?"

"A place."

"A place?"

"What does it matter? I got an axe, let's go!" Adam started running through the hotel. Steve couldn't stop staring at how beautiful it was. Next to them there was a stunning restaurant and wine bar. On the opposite side there was a seating area. It was so huge, they could get lost.

"I have a feeling you don't know what you're doing," Steve said when he caught up to his best friend, who was currently running around in circles.

"I don't! But who cares?" he replied happily.

After some exploring, they found the elevators and rode up to the very top of the building, to the penthouse. When the elevator doors opened, they both gasped and walked in. The penthouse was incredible. They had absolutely no words for what they were seeing.

"This looks like a house on top of a hotel," Steve said.

"Check out the bathroom," Adam called from the other room.

"Holy crap!" Steve exclaimed when he went into the bathroom. It was bigger than his own room. The bathtub caught his eye. It was big with overflowing water. The shower was also huge, with crystal clear glass and a beautiful large shower head on the roof.

"Want to see the library or the bedroom?" Adam asked.

"There's a library?"

"Yeah, but reading is for losers so let's go to the bedroom."

They walked a little further, and it literally felt like being in a mansion. When they entered the bedroom, Steve awkwardly hummed.

"What? You don't like it?"

"I do. It's cool, but there's only one bed? Is there another bedroom? You said bedroom, as in singular, and not plural."

"Calm down, you can take the bed. There's a bunch of other places I can sleep. Like, really. Look around. There's couches and I bet the floor is just as comfortable and expensive as the bed."

"How much do you think it's worth?"

"The bed? A lot. The sheets have gold in them."

"Serious? That seems completely pointless"

"Serious."

"Makes me not want to touch it."

"Well, touch it, it's yours now."

Steve smirked at Adam, and Adam read his mind. They both jumped on the bed and rolled around it. They could now say they have rolled on gold bed sheets.

They stayed on the bed for a while, relaxing and taking everything in. It was going to be weird for a long time. They couldn't just get used to being the only two people on their little planet. That was going to take a lot of time. But for now, they were going to enjoy themselves and not ask questions. It seemed better that way anyway, it lessened the fear.

"What do you want to do now?" Adam asked.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"Everything. But I guess I should start with getting some clothes, even though we could just run around naked."

"Um, I rather not? Like I understand there's nobody to look at our hot bods, but no. I like clothes. They're warm and comfortable."

Adam laughed. "Yeah. I can go by myself if you want to take a nap. You look tired. I can wake you up when I come back, I'll probably be gone a few hours. Gonna bring an entire store into this penthouse."

"What are you gonna get?"

"There's a nice TV in the next room, I'm gonna get every video game console and every video game to go with it to last an eternity. Also food, we need food. We should probably eat everything that goes bad right away, cause we're not gonna have it forever."

"Damn, you're right."

"Yeah. We should become farmers and grow our own food."

"Gross, no thanks. We have all of the food in the world to last us forever. Even if we only eat junk food, still food."

"Go to sleep, yeah? I promise I'll be back before you wake up."

And it was that simple for the first two months. They were having the best time of their lives and they were just sitting in one room playing video games all day and eating all of the junk food in the world. Steve wasn't even afraid anymore, he was used to it now. They were alone together and that was okay.

-*-*-*-

"Adam?" Steve called as he woke up and didn't see him in their bedroom. Adam never left the hotel without telling him. Steve jumped out of bed and ran through the penthouse until he heard water running. He walked into the bathroom and saw Adam in the bathtub, listening to music on full blast with his eyes closed. The water was very clear, he could see everything. "Um."

Adam popped his eyes open, almost jumping at the sight of Steve. He pulled out the headphones and quickly dove his hands under the water to cover himself.

"Um, hi," Adam replied. "Didn't hear you, sorry."

"It's fine. I woke up and didn't see you."

"Yeah, sorry. I felt like relaxing with some music, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"What are you listening to?"

"Muse. Want to hear?"

Steve shook his head. "No, it's fine. I'll just go back to bed, enjoy your relaxing time."

"I'll be out in a minute, don't worry."

Steve went back to the bedroom and turned on the large wide screen television. He was watching some random romance movie. It was kinda good but he didn't want to admit it. He even wanted to cry at one point during the movie, but didn't because Adam was watching with him and that would have been embarrassing.

"Hey," Adam said as he appeared a few minutes later. He had his towel wrapped over his shoulders and he was wearing basketball shorts. He was still wet, so he refrained from getting on the bed. Still didn't stop him from whipping his black hair around and wetting Steve.

"Thanks, thanks a lot," Steve muttered, wiping his face.

"You're very welcome."

"Jerk."

"What are you watching?" he asked.

"Nothing. Just letting the TV on so I don't feel so lonely."

Adam watched him as he wrapped the tower over his head and quickly rubbed it, drying it fast. His hair wasn't that long so it didn't take long before he was on the bed, dry as paper.

"You feeling lonely?"

"Not particularly, I just miss the sound of other people's voices."

"Yeah, I'm starting to miss people, too. I keep wondering how crazy we're gonna be in the future. Like there are no girls, pretty sure blow up dolls won't help even if we give them nice wigs."

"Yeah," Steve agreed, "all we have is each other."

They avoided eye contact after Steve said that. He didn't mean for it to come out that way. Didn't mean to make things super awkward. But Steve thought about it, unfortunately. It was going to come up eventually. Maybe he didn't think it would this early, maybe in a year or more, but they were so young and they were guys. There was really only one thing on their minds.

And really, Adam was good looking, Steve wouldn't mind doing . . . things with him. They were the last two people, Adam must have thought about it. What if they got really turned on or just plain horny. What the hell were they gonna do? Masturbate for eternity?

Steve blamed the romance movies. He probably wouldn't have said anything if it weren't for them putting thoughts in his head.

"Dude, awkward much?" Adam said after a while.

"Well . . ."

"Have you . . . did . . . Steve, did you think about this?" Adam said.

"Thought about what?"

"Don't make me say it."

"Say it," Steve muttered seriously.

"Did you think about sex . . . between, um, us."

"Maybe. I'm not ashamed, I don't care. We're two guys who are apparently the last of the human population as we know. I thought about pleasure . . . how I'm gonna get it if there's nobody else but you. So, yeah. Totally awkward."

"You're my best friend," Adam said. "I love you so freaking much, just not in that way. I mean, I don't know? Maybe in time I will love you like that."

"But?"

"No but, just your butt."

"What about my butt?"

"I'd hit it."

"Oh. My. God."

"I know."

"Are we really having this conversation? Because I'm starting to get anxiety again and I feel like this is all a dream all over again," Steve said.

"Do I really have that affect on you?" Adam said, smirking and winking.

"Dude, I would so love to punch you right now. I don't like you that way. I agree with you, though. Maybe in time I will like you that way, but right now I'm only thinking about pleasure. I've never been with a guy but I've thought about it before. I'm not gay, maybe a little bisexual, mostly just sexual. But I guess if there's no more girls then heterosexuality doesn't really exist anymore, does it? Congrats, we're gay!"

"Fabulous," Adam said, laughing.

"Way to be stereotypical."

"So which one of us is gonna take it?"

"Jesus Christ, Adam."

"What? You want pleasure? There's only one way two dudes are having sex, and that's in the butt. So, who is going to take it?"

"I mean way to be straight forward. I was thinking about starting things slow if we're actually gonna use each other for pleasure?"

Adam groaned, laying back on the bed and covering his face. "Why? What's wrong with just having sex right away? Are you forgetting we're best friends who are also THE LAST TWO PEOPLE ON EARTH? I swear I won't get tired of repeating that. Like what is there to lose? We can't lose each other, we're stuck with each other."

"And suddenly you're much more interested than I am," Steve pointed out, chuckling.

"Yeah, cause you're right. This apocalypse thing didn't take away my needs. I still get a boner every few minutes and I can't do anything about it."

"I've noticed."

"Hm, so you've been checking me out? Staring at my crotch? What else you've been doing? Thinking about doing other things than just staring?"

"My God, you are eager."

Adam just laughed, his smile never leaving his face. Steve kept staring at Adam, who was still covering most of his face. He could see his lips, he wanted to kiss him. He wanted to kiss someone and feel . . . alive.

"I can hear you breathing."

"I can see your boner."

"Touche."

"How about we start by jerking off together?"

Adam sat up and gave Steve a bored look. "What are we, five?"

"Adam, that's disgusting."

"You know what I mean."

"Okay, fine. Then what do you want? Give it to me."

"How about we just . . . let whatever happens happen? We don't even have lube so I'm sure we can't have sex right now."

"Okay, that's fine by me."

Adam got up from the bed and tossed his towel away. He was already shirtless, so he just climbed back on the bed and hovered over Steve. They curiously stared at each other, eyes dropping to lips, necks, skin. Since Adam was the one on top of Steve, he was the one to initiate the kiss. Their lips touched softly, parting against each other as they breathed in one another.

"Wow," Adam said first when he pulled back. "That honestly felt so much more different than kissing a girl. I don't know why or how, I guess just because my brain knows you're a dude and that's totally foreign, which makes it more exciting and new."

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Steve replied.

"Again?" Adam asked, staring at Steve's lips.

"Yeah, again."

They touched lips, this time using tongue. Adam kept pulling Steve's bottom lip between his own, sucking and biting very gently, hoping to make his best friend moan. Yeah, Steve moaned, but only when Adam finally let his body sink down on top of his and the pressure went straight to their privates. Adam's lips were taking him into another world, a beautiful one. He was amazing at kissing, he didn't know that he was a such an amazing, talented kisser.

They opened their eyes at the same time. Adam's brown eyes looked gorgeous in the moment, Steve thought.

"I never thought this would ever happen between us. I'm not even scared because I know you so well and you know me just the same," Adam said. "It's like we're already a married couple."

"Yeah."

Steve felt embarrassed about his lack of words. On his defense, it was hard trying to hold back moaning. Adam wasn't wearing anything under those thin basketball shorts and he could feel his hardening member pressing up between his legs, rubbing against his own soft fabric.

"Want to take our clothes off?" Adam asked him.

"Yeah," Steve replied, beginning to pant as Adam rolled his hips. "Take everything off."

Adam immediately jumped back to give Steve room. Steve pulled his shirt over his head and pulled down his pants and boxers in one go as Adam did. Steve looked down at Adam, admiring his goods. Adam was really, really hot. For a guy.

"Nice," he said.

"Don't say that or I'll get self-conscious."

"Don't you dare," Adam said, coming back on the bed. "You're beautiful and you have nothing to worry about with me. Don't you forget who I am . . . I'm your best friend. And yeah, I'll judge you because that's what we do to each other, but I don't want you to ever be afraid with me."

"Okay, I won't."

"Now turn around, I have to see that ass."

Blushing, Steve laid on his stomach and popped his ass in the air for Adam. Adam made some weird noises, like he was some detective and he was inspecting his ass like it was Mona Lisa.

Slowly, Adam laid over him. He planted kisses over Steve's shoulders, grinding his crotch on his ass. It made Steve feel all warm inside, Adam made him feel all warm inside. Steve felt Adam's length start to slide between his cheeks and it didn't feel scary or anything, it was mostly for Adam, but it was nice either way.

Sometime after Adam decided to stop humping his best friend's ass, he turned him around and made out with him some more. They grinded against each other, feeling their lengths rub between their stomachs.

"I really . . . really . . . really . . . want to fuck you so badly," Adam whispered deeply into his ear. Steve swallowed nervously, unsure of what to say. "And I want you to fuck me back." Okay, he did not expect that.

"Tomorrow, yeah? We'll go and get whatever you want. Toys, lube, whatever you want, seriously," Steve told him.

They were mostly making out, rubbing against each other. But Adam must have gotten tired because he got on all four and took Steve into his mouth without a warning. Steve arched his back, the tingly feeling spreading through his body. He stretched his fingers, grabbing the gold sheets and pulling.

Adam's warm, wet mouth on him was so amazing that he couldn't hold it and came before he could even tell Adam. But Adam was a bamf and just let Steve completely release himself, letting it go into his mouth and his face.

Adam licked his lips as he stared down at Steve with hooded eyes. He got on his knees and jerked himself off while he stared straight into Steve's eyes. The pleasure filled expressions Steve was pulling drove Adam off the edge and he came, shooting all over Steve's body and moaning loud and deep and husky.

Adam collapsed next to Steve and breathed heavily for a few minutes while his body cooled down.

"Can we do that some more?"

"Uh, yeah? Like, five billion more times," Steve replied, chuckling. And they did, like six more times during the day until they fell asleep.

The next day, Steve woke up to a surprise. He was surrounded with what looked like a year supply of lube and sex toys. Adam must have gotten the entire store while he slept.

"Morning," Adam said from the other side of the room. Adam was in black briefs, and that was it.

"Uh, hey," Steve responded wearily.

"You hungry? I can make you some breakfast," Adam said.

"Yeah, but I'm not in the mood for food," he replied, raising a brow at him.

"Oh. Oh. Yeah? What do you want?" he asked, bringing his smirky face over to him. Adam joined him in the beautiful white, golden bed and kissed his lips.

"Follow me and you'll find out," Steve told him as he got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. He brushed his teeth quickly while Adam just watched his ass the entire time.

Steve turned on the shower head and it poured heavily like gentle rain. It was seriously the best shower he'd ever been in. It was the perfect place. He went back to Adam, grabbing his hand and pulling him closer to the shower.

"Why are you still smirking?" Steve asked him.

"I dunno, I just think that what we're doing is really hot."

Steve laid his hands on Adam's body, running his fingers down till they found his briefs. He wasted no time and pushed them down to the floor, grabbing his junk as it flew out, semi-hard. Adam went straight to kissing Steve's neck, sucking at the skin and biting. Steve noticed that Adam liked being rough but would always stop before taking it too far.

"I don't mind if you go rough, I can take it," he told him.

"Then I'll go really rough on you," Adam rasped.

Steve pulled him into the shower and as soon as the glass doors were closed, he pressed him up against the wall and got on his knees. Steve licked the base of Adam's shaft and worked his way up until his mouth mounted the very wet tip.

Adam moaned loud. He was letting it out with no fear of anyone hearing. Sometimes his moaning got a little intense but damn was it hot to Steve.

Steve had never sucked off a guy before, never knew what it tasted like. It was kind of fun, blowing Adam. He'd do it more often, definitely.

He played with the balls, tugging them and massaging them as he continued to suck the life out of Adam. When his mouth began to hurt, he just got up and kissed Adam once and turned around to rub his ass against him.

"Do you like it?" Steve asked him.

"Is that a serious question? Because I'm now fully gay for you and I hope people never come back. Right now, all I want is you."

Steve always knew that Adam was a sweet guy. He was an asshole, and sometimes stupid, but damn did he know how to charm people. Steve felt God damn butterflies with how Adam was talking to him, making him feel wanted and special and needed.

"Okay, just do it," Steve told him.

"Mmm?" he moaned as he bit his neck. "Do what?"

"Fuck me."

Adam switched them so Steve was on the wall, facing it. He went down and spread Steve's legs apart and dug his face into his ass, licking his hole. And whoa. Steve's eyes went all lazy as burning pleasure hit him everywhere. Adam circled his index finger over his entrance, swirling his tongue around at the same time. He would dip a small part of his finger inside and quickly replace it with his tongue, pushing in and making Steve scream.

"Wait, hold on," Adam said, running out of the shower and almost slipping on the floor. He came back really fast with a bottle of lube and closed the glass door again when he was inside the shower. The water wasn't really gonna help with the sex, so Steve was glad that Adam thought ahead.

Adam stood right under the shower for a minute then stepped aside to stroke himself and coat his member with a good amount of lube. He sat on the bench next to the water and motioned for Steve to climb on him.

"No, I want to see you," Adam quickly said as Steve gave him his back.

With a red face, Steve turned around and climbed on top of Adam's lap. He could feel his long member sliding up and down between his cheeks. He was so turned on that he didn't care that he was about to have sex with another guy for the first time.

Adam rubbed a finger over his hole and replaced it with the head of his rod, using the lubrication and the softness of his member to stretch him better.

"You ready?" Adam asked him, breathing hard.

"Yeah, do it."

Adam never took his eyes off Steve as he slowly thrusted up, entering his best friend and officially having sex with him. His eyes did flicker a few times while he pushed in all the way and he felt the delicious fiery tunnel tighten around him. Once he was fully in, he made sure Steve was comfortable on his lap, sitting down completely so that he also had control of how hard, fast and deep Adam could go.

Steve was the first to start moving, rolling his hips and bouncing little by little. Adam grabbed him from behind and didn't let go, didn't stop searching for the passion in his best friend's eyes. When he found it, he began to make love to him, not fuck him like he had intended. He held him tightly in his arms and slowly, over time faster, pumped in and out of him.

"Adam," he moaned. "Adam . . . please."

"What?"

Steve was shaking, but his face was full bliss so it was a good kind of shaking.

"I love you, I love you so much, you feel so good," he half groaned half moaned.

"Dude, I love you, too. And yeah, you feel so good. I just want to keep doing this all day. You feel so tight, so warm and gentle."

Adam touched Steve's body, rubbed his hand over his chest, teasing his nipples with his fingers. He touched him, stroked him nice and hard.

"You feel like stars and my ass is space," Steve said.

"That's weird but I like it."

"I can't hold it, I'm gonna . . ."

"Go ahead, do it. Come for me, baby."

Adam thrusted as hard and deep as he could when he saw that Steve was going to come. Steve came harder than yesterday, and that was saying something considering they came a lot. Adam wished he could always see that look on Steve's face, that look that only Adam could put on his face. He did that to him, it was all him.

Adam came inside of Steve while he was hugging him, kissing him everywhere. Adam couldn't hold it, he had to otherwise he would explode.

"I feel like crying," Steve said when Adam slowly pulled out.

"Why? Did it hurt?"

"No, it just felt so good," he replied, laughing at himself.

"I'm happy you liked it, I'm also happy we did it cause damn I needed that badly."

"I didn't think it would feel like that, honestly."

"Rated it out of ten."

"A hundred."

"Does that mean you want to go again?"

"Yeah, again."

-*-*-*-*-

Adam and Steve weren't a couple, even though for the next three months they engaged in heavy sexual activities, sometimes multiple times during the day. They were best friends, who liked to have sex with each other because there were no people left on earth so they had to turn to each other for that kind of intimate pleasure.

But they were still the same. They weren't in love with each other or anything, but cared about one another in ways normal best friends didn't.

Or maybe they were just in denial.

Steve hit the pedal, making the car roar like a fierce dragon. He drove fast through the long road in front of him. He concentrated hard, speeding up even faster. He was close to reaching eighty miles per hour when Adam appeared and passed by him, taking the lead. He honked at Steve and flipped him off.

They raced for hours until the sun began to go down, then they met in town square with all the bright lights and old advertisements rolling by. Adam was the first to get out of his car, he was laughing.

"Nice," Steve said as he got out of his car.

"Love you," Adam quickly said, running towards him and pulling him in for a deep passionate kiss.

"Love you."

"Wanna go back home and have some fun?"

"I don't know, are you gonna flip me off again?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna flip you alright."

"Why do I keep walking into your stupid innuendos?" Steve muttered, walking back to his car and getting in.

"Because you're cute and can't help it," Adam responded loudly.

"See you back home!" Steve shouted, waving.

Adam blew him a kiss and jumped into his car. Right as Steve stepped on the pedal to go, fear once again became alive as the power all around them went off, encasing them in complete darkness. The sun had gone down and the moon wasn't even visible. There was no source of light anywhere.

"STEVE!" Adam screamed, knowing perfectly well that this situation wasn't good for him, and he was right.

Steve felt his chest tighten, his body temperature was rising rapidly and he was shaking.

"A-Adam . . . I can't see," Steve whimpered.

"It's okay, I'm over here. Keep talking, I need to follow your voice to find you."

"The car isn't working. Nothing is working now," Steve said, his breathing getting heavier.

"It's okay, Steve. We can live without cars. We have each other, okay?"

Adam's voice was getting closer to where Steve was, but Steve could only concentrate on the pair of black eyes staring back at him on the other side of the windshield. At first it was hard to focus and really see them, but after letting his eyes do their job, he saw them. There was something in front of his car watching him. It wasn't moving and he was sure that it wasn't his imagination. There was nothing in front of him or anything at all in the streets, Adam and him had moved everything away so that they could drive through the city without cars blocking the way.

There was nothing in front of his car before the lights went off.

"STEVE? COME ON, MAN. DON'T STAY QUIET, I NEED YOU TO TALK TO ME."

Steve couldn't look away, and a part of him didn't want to. He was afraid that whatever this thing was would runaway if he looked away.

"Adam . . ." Steve said quietly.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm almost there. It's really hard to see, kinda funny actually."

"Adam, there's something watching me."

"What? An animal? Those disappeared with people, remember? It's just the dark playing tricks on you, baby. Don't be scared, okay? I promise nothing will happen to you."

Steve was shaking harder now. He felt like the blood in his body was turning cold, maybe it was. There was this chill whispering to his skin, made him shudder but he kept his eyes on the creature . . . until Adam appeared and made him scream and jump on his seat. The creature was gone.

"No . . . NO!" Steve shouted. "It's gone! It was right there in front of the car."

"I don't see anything," Adam told him.

"It's gone now. But I saw it, it wasn't my imagination. There was something watching me, I could feel it." Steve was sobbing now, still shaking and breathing irregularly.

"Guess what? I'm here now, so that's all it matters, okay?" Adam hugged him and kissed his face a bunch of times. "It's probably just that we've been so comfortable with the lights on that when they finally shut off, it became too overwhelming."

"No. I know what I saw."

"Okay, then I believe you."

"I want to go home."

"I know, I want to go home, too. But I really can't see anything, there's no way we can get back there on foot. We're gonna have to wait till the morning or till the lights come back."

"The lights aren't coming back," Steve whispered.

Adam sighed. "Look, I know you're scared, I am scared. But I need you to stay positive, for the both of us."

"Why?"

"Because . . . I love you . . . in that way."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know if you'd feel the same. But fuck it, I love you. So I need you to stay positive and calm, because I need you and I can't lose you now."

"I love you more, in that way."

"I know you can't see me but I'm smiling so big right now."

"I'd kiss that smile if I could see it."

"You can try," Adam said, and Steve could literally hear the smirk in his voice.

Steve laid back against his seat, smiling and knowing that Adam was right there with him. He fell asleep while waiting for the power to return. It was a quick nap but he woke up again. Adam was rubbing circles on his arm, humming some Muse song. He must have stayed awake.

"If you're gonna rub circles on me, can you at least do it a little lower, preferably on my crotch area?" Steve told him.

"I'm not rubbing circles on you, Steve . . ." Adam's voice came from the opposite side of where he felt the circling. Adam was inside the car with him, and he felt the rubbing on his left arm, the arm that was dangling outside of the car door.

Steve screamed and jumped out of his seat, scrambling back on top of Adam on the passenger side. He was crying now and nothing was going to stop it. Adam's sweet voice and his sweet, calming words weren't going to help this time.

Something was out there with them.

"Something was touching me!" Steve cried. "It was touching my arm! It was right outside the door and I couldn't see it because it's so dark!"

"Maybe it was just the wind?"

"STOP GIVING EVERYTHING AN EXCUSE!" Steve yelled at him. "There's something here with us and we can't see it. I saw it when the power went off, I saw its black eyes. And it was touching my arm just now, I felt the fingers. I know because I thought it was you, it was real."

"I'm sorry! It's just a bit hard to know what you're talking about when I don't see or feel anything!"

"We need to get out of here. We need to go back home now."

Steve opened the passenger door and got out. His fingers twitched as he looked around and still only saw darkness. He could make out a few of the buildings but it took a lot of focus and concentration. The same it took to see the black eyes.

"Wait, Steve. Hold my hand so we don't split up."

Adam gasped when he touched Steve's cold, shaky hands. He was truly frightened. It made him hold him harder, never wanting to let him go.

"We're smart, we can get back to our home," Steve said.

"Yeah, we can do it together. Just be careful," Adam told him.

"This is what it feels like to be blind, huh?" Steve said, his voice nervous and cracking. He was trying to amuse himself in someway, to make himself forget what he saw.

"It sucks."

"Yeah, it sucks."

Steve almost tripped over the sidewalk but Adam caught him quickly. They carefully stepped over onto the cement road and continued to walk straight, bumping into posts and walls, but moving forward. They didn't give up no matter how many times they tripped. Adam especially didn't want to give up, he wanted to make sure Steve felt safe.

Something dashed in front of them. They didn't see, obviously, but they heard it. It was like someone was running around.

"Please . . . tell me you hear that," Steve said.

"Yeah, I hear it."

They were now frozen, couldn't even move if they wanted to. They could hear voices nearby, voices that didn't sound human. The voice then grew loud over their heads and it screamed like a deep roar, but full of evil.

Steve cowered back against Adam and whimpered, dropping on the ground. The voice continued to scream and the more they heard it the faster they were realizing that there were multiple voices in that one roar.

"RUN! RUN!" Adam screamed, pulling Steve up on his feet. "I SEE THE BLACK EYES!"

As they ran blindly, a blue light shot down from the sky and it touched the ground, spreading in the shape of a circle that lit up everything and pushed them back. For that one second that the light traveled, they saw maybe hundreds of entities with black eyes watching them. They weren't alone, they never were.

All too fast the darkness enveloped them and they were again blinded. They held hands and ran as fast as their legs would allow them and didn't stop for anything. They ran for a couple of minutes before all of the power came back on and illuminated the city once more.

Adam turned to Steve immediately and checked him.

"You saw it all," Steve said in a shaky voice. "Please tell me you saw them."

"I did."

"We're not alone, we never were." Steve wiped his tears away and hugged Adam. He was too afraid to even close his eyes for a second. He didn't want to be in darkness again. He didn't want to be vulnerable.

"For the first time, I'm actually speechless. I don't know what to say, I don't know what to tell you," Adam told him.

"Then don't say anything."

"No, I can't just stay quiet and give up. I need to fight and protect you. I don't know what those things are but they are not going to hurt you."

"I . . . I don't think you can stop them," Steve said. "They obviously know what's going on and we don't. Maybe this is all their fault. This is all their doing."

"I don't care, they're not touching a single hair on you."

Adam and Steve looked around them for any signs of the beings, but they were gone the moment the lights went on. They were alone once more, except they weren't. It made them think hard about all of the time they spent together and how much of the time were they actually alone with each other.

"What should we do?"

"I don't think we can hide, but I think we should leave New York. There are other towns and cities, we can just keep moving," Adam suggested.

"Okay, as long as I'm with you I'll go anywhere," Steve said.

"Look, we can take that car over there," Adam said, pointing to the black Toyota on the sidewalk. Steve had parked that one there, he knew because he was never good at parking. They ran towards the black car, crossing the road while keeping their eyes peeled.

As they reached the car, a bright blue light appeared over them and it began to pull up Adam, just him. Steve panicked and grabbed Adam's hand and they both began to hover over the ground. The light wasn't strong enough to pull them both up so they just dangled over the ground, their grip tightening around each other.

Adam screamed as he looked down at Steve, but Steve had no idea what he was screaming at until he felt cold hard hands wrap around his ankles and begin to pull him down. Their hands slipped and the lights went off as Steve dropped back to the ground with the creatures and Adam was pulled into the sky.

"ADAM!" Steve screamed desperately. He ran blindly and stumbled over a sidewalk. He fell and stayed on the ground, shivering. He couldn't see them, so they couldn't harm him. He couldn't be afraid of them if he couldn't see them. He was going to be okay. But Adam wasn't going to be okay, and Steve needed to do something to bring him back.

He had no idea what these things were and what they wanted. If they were the ones who made everyone else disappear, then why didn't they do the same them? Why did they wait for months before showing themselves and taking Adam?

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Steve shouted at the sky.

Suddenly, Steve remembered something important. Adam had firearm in his car. He had everything in that car. He needed to get back to it immediately so he could rescue Adam.

He knew the way back to the car, it was just going to take a bit more time. He had to concentrate on the buildings around him to see which way he should go. After much struggling and many dead and wrong ways, he found Adam's car.

It was unlocked, so he went in and pressed the button to open the trunk. He ran back around and shuffled through the hundreds of supplies. He felt around for a flash light and found it. It worked. He used the light to find himself some weapons. He got two bombs and some guns. He wasn't sure what he was going up against so he grabbed the bulletproof vest and quickly put it on.

Now all he needed was to grab their attention and make them take him.

And he knew exactly how.

He took the biggest firearm he could find and shot the sky repeatedly. He continued to do this, he wasn't going to stop until they came for him. They were in the sky, he knew that very well.

Blue light appeared. It descended like sparkly heaven light. And it took him.

He shot straight up into the sky, spinning in zero gravity and then it all went black. He couldn't even begin to guess where he was. After all of the movies and video games he had seen and played, he could only imagine.

He was on cold ground, that was the first thing he noticed. There were also strange noises all around him. He had never heard anything like them before. His heart beat faster as he began to realize he was falling asleep, involuntarily. As he collapsed, two doors in front of him opened. A tall dark figure entered the room, but everything was too blurry that he couldn't really see if they were the same creatures from below.

He was picked up by very soft, light hands. They made him feel weightless. He fought hard to stay awake, even when his brain was screaming to sleep. He couldn't give up so easily.

The creature never said anything, or made any sounds. It just carried him to another area, one that was incredibly bright. Steve was strapped to a machine and it held him up over the ground like a doll. And in front of him, in the same position on another machine, was Adam. His head hung low, he was asleep.

Then as his eyes became less blurry and his body less intoxicated, he saw that Adam was not asleep. Adam was missing all four limbs and his chest was cut down in the middle, exposing his insides. Adam was dead.

His eyes once again became blurry. He wanted to scream but he couldn't. He was so shocked and afraid that his silence was enough. His heart was broken at the sight of his best friend, of his lover. Adam was dead and there was no possible way of bringing him back. He was gone and now he was indefinitely alone in the world.

The creature walked in front of him and Steve stared at it, unafraid. There was so much inside of him right now that he used all of that pain to kick the creature as hard as he possibly could. It screeched and tumbled back. It was angry now, Steve could tell, even if it wasn't human. The creature scratched his face and attacked him, ripping him out of the machine and throwing him on the ground. It bent down and got on all fours, raising its spine and pushing sharp bones out of it.

Steve quickly took out his gun and shot it four times in the head before it had the chance to kill him. The sound of the gunshot traveled far, echoing in this mysterious place. It had to be a spaceship, he knew of nothing else.

He wished he hadn't looked at Adam, he wanted to never see him that way again. But he was never going to see his face again and he didn't want to forget him. So he stared at his beautiful face and he only wished that he did not suffer any pain.

Steve was surprised he wasn't weeping, but he was certain that it was the adrenaline and the bottled up emotions inside of him. Once he was out and safe, he was going to spill and he was going to crumble and fall and nothing in this universe was going to be able to help him.

He took out a grenade from his pocket, pulled the clip and threw it as far as he could and ran back inside the little room he came out of. The doors shut after him and he looked around, hoping to find some type of way out, something that could send him back down. But if he was going to be honest with himself, he had no idea what he was doing. He had never seen this kind of technology, and even if he did he wouldn't know the first thing about it and how it worked.

He felt the sensation of falling as soon as the grenade went off. He was falling, but not quite. The blue rays all around him transported him back to earth and then he looked up at the sky to see the spaceship become visible.

It was so big that he saw no end to it. The ship kept going and going, it might as well be as big as earth. It covered the entire sky and was a platinum color with blue glass. The blue glass had to be doors of some sort, because as soon as he was on the ground again, they opened and released objects into the air.

Steve didn't know what they were until they started falling all around him.

Human bodies. Dead bodies. Falling all around him like rain. Blood, guts and gore poured out of the ship like waterfall. Steve breathed heavily as he choked on the smell. He didn't stop looking, not for a minute. The bodies kept coming. They had captured every single being on the planet except for him and Adam.

And now they had killed Adam and had left Steve alive.

He would wonder why, if he wasn't being drowned in dead bodies. He ran but no matter where he went, the ship was always over him, dropping tons of flesh and bones, until eventually he could no longer run. Until eventually the bodies of billions drowned him.

______________________

[Author's Message]: Thank you guys so much for reading my first original short story. I know it was f*cked up, but this is only the beginning of my f*cked up short stories. The next one is called "The Little House" and WILL be the most terrifying thing you've ever read and you might even rip your eyes out and seek mental help. Please take a second to vote, since this is a ONE CHAPTER short story, so all you have to do is just vote once! And for the comments, just write what you thought about it. What do you think these beings were? Why did they do what they do? Why do you think Adam and Steve were the last two people? GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS, I WILL ANSWER AND REPLY TO EVERYONE! GO GO GO <3 and don't forget to share it with your friends (;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.1K 35
Two boys meet. One of them, a smartarse living in a world of idiots. The other, and incredibly annoying idiot - so annoying, in fact, that he manages...
199K 13.1K 54
[BOOK 1] After a war over a century ago, there have been several laws set in place to restrain the rights of individuals with special abilities-most...
8.4K 210 14
They were like made for each other. Too bad for them they didn't realize. They could complement each other. Steve would get the love he longed for an...
Blinded By Jojo

Fanfiction

3.4K 228 19
SKYLOX FANFIC Adam and Ty are best friends and they couldn't be happier. They both have great girlfriends and are making lots of money. Problem: Adam...