The Forbidden

By truth000

Lucy is a poor girl trying to take care of little brother on her own. All she wants is to do something excit... More

The Forbidden
Chapter 1 : Lucy
Chapter 2 : Nathaniel
Chapter 3 : Lucy
Chapter 4 : Nathaniel
Chapter 5 : Lucy
Chapter 6 : Nathaniel
Chapter 7 : Lucy
Chapter 8 : Nathaniel
Chapter 9 : Lucy
Chapter 10 : Nathaniel
Chapter 11 : Lucy
Chapter 12 : Nathaniel
Chapter 13 : Lucy
Chapter 14 : Nathaniel
Chapter 15 : Lucy
Chapter 16 : Nathaniel
Chapter 17 : Lucy
Chapter 18 : Nathaniel
Chapter 19 : Lucy
Chapter 20 : Nathaniel
Chapter 21 : Lucy
Chapter 22 : Nathaniel
Chapter 23 : Lucy
Chapter 24 : Nathaniel
Chapter 26 : Nathaniel
Chapter 27 : Lucy
Chapter 28 : Nathaniel
Chapter 29 : Lucy
Chapter 30 : Nathaniel
Chapter 31 : Lucy
Chapter 32 : Nathaniel
Chapter 33 : Lucy
Chapter 34 : Nathaniel
Chapter 35 : Lucy
Chapter 36 : Nathaniel
Chapter 37 : Epilogue

Chapter 25 : Lucy

2.2K 88 3
By truth000

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Readers! Sorry for the long update, but I had soooo much writers block I was like "GAAAAAAAAH!" Finally, thanks to the wonderful words of James Patterson, I finally got my muse! Anyhoo, Here's Chapter 25, ENJOY!!!! ><

P.S. If you read the final Maximum Ride book, Let's all agree that we will all miss Max, Fang, and the rest of the flock. :'(     </3

***************************************************************************************************************

I paced back and forth for what felt like an eternity infront of the infermary door, waiting to hear Nathaniel's condition. Tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face,  scared of what might happen to Nathaniel. Adabel and her sisters were doing all they can to help Nathaniel, and I had my faith in them. But I was still scared. Seeing Nathaniel go unconcience infront of my very eyes made my heart stop and my head scream. "Please be okay." I whispered, praying to my heart's content. "Please be okay." Suddenly, the infermary door opened and it was Abrecan that came out. "How is he?" I asked frantically. "Is he alright?"

"Calm down, Lucy. He is alright, right now he's just unconscience." Abrecan explained. I exhaled in relief, happy to know that Nathaniel is alright and isn't in a life threatening state. "But what happened to him?" I asked.

"It's been over a thousand of years since that book has been opened. It must've written new information that Nathaniel's brain couldn't handle it." Abrecan explained. 

"Is it okay if I go inside?" I asked her. She nodded in reply. I slowly walk through the infermary doors and see Nathaniel unconscience on the infermary bed with Achyls and Adabel by his side. I quickly walk by his side, and tears start to flow down my face again. "We'll leave you two alone." Adabel said silently. And with that, they both left the room, leaving just Nathaniel and I. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't help it. I buried my face on his sheets, crying loudly. "It's all my fault!" I cried. "It's my fault you were in pain!" I cried and cried for what seemed like forever.  Suddenly, I felt something on my head. I looked up to see Nathaniel patting my head, smiling down on me.  "It's never your fault." He whispered. I gasped and smiled. He forced himself to sit up straight, wincing at the pain. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it hard. " Oi, that hurts! " He exclaimed with a  gasp of pain at the end. 

"Sorry." I said apologetically. "But I was so worried. When I saw you on the ground in pain, I was scared to death. I thought that you were -"

"Shh." Nathaniel hushed. "It's okay. Everything's alright now." Nathaniel stroked my face, wiping my tears away. I smiled and giggled. Suddenly, Fay bursted through the doors. Nathaniel quickly moved his hand away from my face, and i stepped back. "Oh, Nathaniel! Poor Nathaniel!" She whined. I looked at the door, and I see Adabel. "She wouldn't take no for an answer." She whispered. I looked back at Fay, who was stroking Nathaniel's face. I felt like slapping Fay on the head, but then i saw Nathaniel's eyes. He  looked at me and gave me his it's- okay eyes, which calmed me down a little. Fay finally noticed me and gave me a disgusted look. "What are you doing here?" Fay asked with a disgusting tone.

"Nathaniel is not only my master, but my.....friend." I told her, trying to swollow the "friend" part.

Fay scoffed. "Yeah, right. Your just a maid, a poor one if I may add." My anger was now at the boiling point. I was about to strike at her, when Nathaniel suddenly said something. "She is my friend." Nathaniel said, surprising Fay. "And my best friend, if I may add." I smiled at Nathaniel, and he smiled back. Fay was looking at me, then Nathaniel, and then back at me. She screamed in anger, shocking both me and Nathaniel. Then she walks up to me, our faces almost a centemeter apart. "Think whatever you want. Just remember this: Nathaniel is mine!" She told me. After that, she stormed off, pushing Achyls and Abrecan out of the way. I sighed in relief, releasing out all the anger and stress. I walked back at Nathaniel's side, and held my hand again. "Thank you." I told him. "For standing up for me."

"Isn't that what a man does for the one he loves?" He asked. I smiled, and he smiled at me back. Suddenly, Nathaniel asked an unexpecting question. "If I were to break the engagement, would you step in as my bride?" I looked at him, shocked and speechless. I tried to say something, but no words would escape my mouth. I looked at Nathaniel, but his face was blank. Finally, I took a deep breathe and answered his question. "Yes. If you were able to break the engagement, then yes." He exhaled in relief, and took my hand, kissing it gently. I laughed softly. "I will put a ring on your finger one day. And we will be able to be together forever." He whispered. Suddenly, his face was getting closer to mine, and our lips met with sparks flying everywhere. I never wanted this moment to end. After an eternity of kissing, I pulled away. "You have to rest." I told him.

Nathaniel groaned. "Do I have to?" 

"Not unless you wanna spend another day in bed." I told him. I leaned in and kissed him on the forehead. "Now rest." I whispered. All of a sudden, William comes bursting through the doors, sweating like a beast and gasping for air. "William! What the heck happened to you?" I asked, astonished.

"You.....have....a..letter." William gasped.

"A letter? From who, Annette?" I asked in confusion. But William shook his head. He handed me the letter, which was actually quite heavy. It was a gold with silver stripped envelope, with a feather in the center. I looked at Nathaniel, and he was looking at me with confusion. Finally, I slowly opened the the envelope, and I see a letter. I remove the letter from the envelope and read it out loud.

Dear Lucy Chanton,

     It has been a while since we met. You were a mere child, no more than two. I remember the way you giggled everytime you saw bubbles or frogs. But that is not the case today. I am writing to you because I have items. Items from you parents. Items from the past that might help you in your hard journey. I want you to go your old cottage tomorrow at exactly five o'clock. And make sure you bring the prince. I have a few items for him as well. When you arrive at the cottage, knock on the dooor three times. After that, ask the question, "When the girl cries, why must she cry tears of her true love?" After that, you will see my face. Don't look at the items in the envelope.

Sincerely,
    ?

P.S. Bring all the items in the envelope tomorrow. 

I stared at the letter in silence. This person knew me when I was little, and he was giving me items that would help me in this up coming battle. Could it be a trap? Could it be the doing of the mysterious dark figure, trying to get rid of us? Suddenly, I felt Nathaniel's warm hand on my leg. I looked up and I saw his eyes filled with concern. "Do you wanna go?" He asked. I was in deep thought for a moment. After thinking it through, I gave my answer. "I think we should. If this person have information on my parents, I think we should. But will you be in the condition to travel?" I asked in concern.

"Achyls said if I rest up a little, I'll be completely healed by tomorrow morning." He reassured me.

"What about me!" William exclaimed. I'd forgotten that William was here. I grabbed his hands and looked into his grey eyes. "I'm afraid I can't take you. The letter says I can only bring Nathaniel." I explained to him. "You understand, don't you?"

He nodded. "Fine, but you have to tell me every single detail of the trip."

I nodded in agreement. "Deal." I said, shaking William's hand. And with that, William ran out of the infermary.

Nathaniel grabbed a quill and a piece of paper and started writing. When he finished, he handed me the paper. "Give this to my father. It'll explain why I'll be leaving with you." 

"Is that an order?" I asked with a mischevious smile.

"Why yes it is." Nathaniel said with a smile. I gave him a peck on the cheek and ran off.

I walked through the halls of the palace, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Dameon behind me, grinning like a fool. "Hello, Miss Lucy." He greeted.

"And hello to you, Mr. Dameon." I greeted back nervously. After that kiss on the cheek, I really didn't want to se him. I tried to think up an excuse, but my mind was blank. "Um..I have an important message for King Jules from Prince Nathaniel, so I think I should go." I told him.

"I'm going to the King right now. Shall we walk there together?" He asked.

"Um..sure." I agreed, not really having anyother choice. We walked together in silence, at least for a while. Suddenly, he started talking. "What do you think of the Royal Famiy?" He asked.

"Um, well I haven't really talked to King Jules, but Queen Lisette and Prince Nathaniel  are very nice." I told him, blushing at Nathaniel's name.

"I think they're all fools." He said darkly. I looked over at him, and his eyes darkened. "What do you mean?" I asked, a little scared.

" The Royal Family have made us, the lower class, into dirt and made the middle and high class like they're already kings and queens. If I was King, I'd make the high and middle class bow down, I'd torture them, so that they can feel how we felt." He growled. Now I was even more frightened. Suddenly, Dameon grabbed me and hugged me, tight. I tried to push away, but he was too strong. "What are you doing?" I asked angrily.

"Let's runaway together." He said. I looked at him wide eyed. "What!" I exclaimed with shock.

"Me and you could be together forever! We're practically the same, aren't we? We've been through the same thing. Isn't fate trying to put us together?" He asked. Suddenly, he leaned in toward my face. I pushed away with all my might and was finally released. He looked at me with shock, and I slapped him. "I already know who fate chose me to be with!" I shouted. "Don't you ever come near me ever again!" I stormed off through the hall, angry thoughts swirling through my mind.

I finally reached the King's study, where I saw him writing down documents. I knocked on the door and got his attention. "Um, hello Your Highness." I greeted with a courtsey.

"Ah, hello Ms. Lucy. Please state your business." King Jules ordered.

I got out the paper from my maid outfit and handed it to him. "This is from your son, Your Majesty." I told him. He put on his reading glasses and started reading the note. After reading it, he looked at me. "You and Nathaniel are going into town?" He asked.

"I just have to pick up....a bridal shower gift for Fay!" I told him. The King nodded in agreement. "Alright, but I advise that you return to the Palace by ten." The King ordered. I nodded in agreement. "You are dismissed." He said. I nodded and left the room.  Now that we were able to leave tomorrow, we can finally find out who wrote the message. I can finally have the answer to these questions : What are the stuff in the envelope? How does this person know my parents? What does this person have to do with the fate of the world?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 458 27
Energy is the force that drives all things and mages are those that can control that energy. Phoebe had only been trying to save her sister from what...
331 29 35
Introducing the captivating story of Clara, a young woman with a hidden secret. Kept concealed by her parents her entire life, Clara possesses extrao...
4.2M 152K 59
~NOT EDITED~ ~RE-WRITTEN VERSION AS FROM 09 JANUARY 2023~ A princess. The first thing that come to your mind when you think of a princess is someon...
260K 8.3K 94
A Sequel To Devil's Bride. Their Princess Damien King A typical handsome, ruthless and shrewd billionaire who rules Italian mafia he has worked very...