My Perfect Life

By marina_if

R-rated, for mature audiences! So, where do I start? My name is Elizabeth. I'm 26 and I'm bored as f*ck. You... More

Intro
1 I am a failure
2 Me & my bestie
3 Here goes nothing
4 Mistakes of my past
6 He stole my breath away
7 The things I'm good at
8 Him & I
9 Battles in my head
10 Powerful gravity
11.1 When it all crumbled
11.2 Used
12 Moving back
13 Discovery
14 Digging around
15 Revenge
Epilogue

5 When it all began

1.2K 31 2
By marina_if

My heels clicked on the marble floor of the foyer while I'm running to the elevator. I didn't want to be late and bring the satisfaction for Mrs. Brock aka the old witch, to scold me and tell on me to Mr. Cambell.

I believe Mrs. Brock's broomstick never got stuck in the horrible traffic and she's always on time for her work with her broomstick shoved up in her ass. Sorry for being extra bitchy today, but I'm not a morning person. Like at all.

I woke up early in the morning today to have some extra time to choose my clothes and do my makeup. It may or may not be because of the certain someone who was unfortunately my boss. But it's not a crime to imagine him bending me over that big wooden table in his office, is it?

Mrs. Brock looked me up and down and her thin lips fell into a deep scowl. This settled an uneasy vibe in the pit of my stomach. Not a positive atmosphere to be working in.

"Finally you arrived." She declared, I still have three minutes till nine, but I decided not to dwell on that. I needed to get to her good side... If she had any behind that tough, all wrinkled facade.

"Good morning, Mrs. Brock," I greeted her with a big smile. It was almost sincere but I guess she didn't believe me.

"You need to prepare coffee for Mr. Cambell, black, no sugar."  She instructed. "It should be on his desk at nine a.m. sharply every morning. You have to plan, schedule, and attend meetings and be one-hundred percent diligent in your note-taking. For now, you have to prepare these documents for a meeting at twelve o'clock. Also answer and sort down all the incoming calls."

"Umm, wow, ok" I mumbled to myself and went to my table, trying to keep all the tasks in my head.

My table with a laptop sat on the opposite side of the room from Mrs. Brock's. The room gave a clear view of the rest of the floor because of its glass walls. There were two soft armchairs with a small coffee table with different magazines and newspapers scattered over it.

So, what was that I need to do first? Coffee, great.

After fighting with a coffee machine for around fifteen minutes, I was practically on the edge of going to Mrs. Brock and surrender.

The annoying whirring sounds it made tests my patients. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with this damn coffee maker or with me. After a while of me pressing randomly on buttons I finally managed to prepare damn espresso.

"Well, I was in the process of calling the police for your search and rescue." Of course she felt the need to comment and put my mood even lower.

"Sorry, I wasn't familiar with this type (or any other for that matter) of the coffee maker, it took me some time," I explained and headed straight to my boss's office.

I knocked on the door and walked in. His office was large and furnished with all the necessary items. The boss himself sat behind his massive desk looking all perfect in his navy blue tailored suit. The images of him taking me right on this table swirling in my head like an annoying fly.

"What do you want?" His voice brought me back from the gutter where my mind found its permanent resident after meeting with this Greek god. "You daydreaming again and looking a little flushed, you ok?" He didn't sound concerned at all, more like annoyed by my intrusion and lack of response.

"Yes, I'm fine, a little nervous. I brought your coffee." I put the cup on the table and turned around to walk off.

"You're supposed to bring it at nine o'clock Ms. Price." He said with a hint of annoyance. "Do you like your new work so far?" His deep blue eyes looked me up and down with interest and something I couldn't decipher.

"Yes, Mrs. Brock was very kind and show me around." It sounded with more sarcasm than I planned. I should have just said 'yes'.

"Well I'm not sure I would have used the word 'kind' to describe her, but she's very loyal, professional, and is a good person."

"Yes, when she cares about her twelve cats at home" I muttered under my breath. I bet I saw his lips tremble a little with a quiet laugh, but it disappear so quickly I'm not sure I really witnessed that.

As I was on my way out he stopped me again.

"I want you to be at the meeting, and you'll have to take notes."

I nod silently and walk out.

When the twelve o'clock came I was ready, all the documents are printed and sorted for all attendants.

I put them carefully on the big oval table in the conference room and took a seat in the corner preparing to make all notes. I had no clue what I should pay attention to and note, but I was dead set on doing my best on my first day here.

It was a surprisingly interesting meeting. Taking notes while they were discussing the matter and deal with all the terminology was proved to be difficult, but I think I managed.

I learned that this is a construction company and they also buy property and tenant it to those who can afford it.

Now the company was interested in an old building in a very rich and fashionable region of our city. The building needed major reconstruction but as soon as it would be finished, it would cost much, much more.

It wasn't as easy as it looks. They got almost all owners to sell their shares except one. And if they don't find a way to persuade him the whole deal will be ruined. Now you get a brief.

Sitting in my comfortable chair and looking through the notes I took, I think they didn't try everything with that man. They tried to buy him with money, to offer him another apartment wherever he wanted, even to threaten him, but to no avail.

Now there was one more company trying their luck and Ryan was afraid they would be luckier and he would lose a big piece of cake.

I tend to slip from reality when I was deep in my thoughts. And now, thinking about that man, I didn't hear my boss calling my name. Judging from his annoyed, angry expression he called me a few times already. Fuck, why do I always screw up?

"Yes, Mr. Cambell?" I saw Mrs. Brock shaking her head in disappointment and I averted my eyes back to Ryan's beautifully annoyed face.

"Take your notes and come to my office. Now." He considered adding, seeing my obvious dreamy, unsure state.

I jumped from my seat, grabbed all the documents, and jogged to his office.

"Mrs. Price, I would really appreciate it if you stop daydreaming and try to be more collected, and attentive. I really don't like to repeat myself, and with you it becomes a bad habit. Get yourself out of that pretty head and do your job."

He made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy without even raising his voice. He was a man of power and he didn't need to yell to make people listen, self-esteem was oozing from him sending my insides to quiver and wanting to bowl. That's crazy, right?

And this was insane turn on for me. You immediately wanted to become obedient and docile for him. Damn...

'He called me pretty? Aww, he thinks I'm pretty' I melted in a puddle and my face lit with a stupid smile.

He sat at the table and crossed his long fingers on the desk, burying his piercing blue eyes into mine. I gulped and put a straight expression. I quickly sit in the chair from the other side of the table. 'Maybe I should have asked permission to take a seat?' I thought when I saw his eyebrows form a deep frown on his forehead. Oh well... Shit.

"Sorry, Mr. Cambell, I was just thinking about the meeting... " I trailed off, not sure if I had the right to voice out my thoughts and opinion.

"And?"  He motioned with his hand for me to go on. I swallowed and lowered my eyes, looking at my sweaty hands fidgeting nervously with a hem of my skirt.

I didn't know why I was so insecure and frightened in front of him all of a sudden. I never was timid but my boss... I think it was because of his intimidating, stern, and taking-no-shit vibrations he sent around.

And let's not forget about his surreal handsome appearance. No seriously, how could someone be so... So... good looking and sexy as all hell and more. He had signed some kind of contract with a Devil.

Back to the topic...

"I was thinking about that man, Mr. Harris. If you can't buy him to move out, maybe you can convince him to stay on your conditions?" I lifted my eyes to meet his confused ones. Put your big girl's panties on and man the fuck up, Elizabeth.

"You see, as I learned today, Mr. Harris lost all his family, all he has now is this apartment which they bought with his now dead wife. It's like a memory for him, he won't leave the last thing that connects him to her. Maybe if you make an agreement with him to buy all the property except his apartment. You made the reconstruction and reconditioning of the building his flat including that I'm sure is in a bad state for living because of the really old building. You let him live in that apartment after renovations until he dies or wants to go to the place where he could be taken care of. And he in return will sign away and legate it after his death to you. You still can make a profit from the rest of the building and it would be yours in the end." I quickly voiced my thoughts hoping I was clear for understanding.

He stayed silent, looking detached in front of him, at me, no not at me but through me. Then he took his phone and dealt a short number.

"Gavin, in my office in five minutes" And he hung up looking at me "You can go now Mrs. Price. And try to remember to be more attentive next time, I won't repeat myself."

In a state of shock I stand up and head to the door. With my cheeks flashing bright red color, and my lower lip treacherously trembling, I sat at my table and stuck my nose in the documents, laying in front of me.

'Stupid, stupid, Liza. You are really as dumb as all of them thought about you. Useless, absolutely incompetent, worthless creature' I rumbled under my nose, furiously turning pages of a thick folder on my desk.

"Are you ok?" The voice was laced with concern and no way in hell this voice could belong to Mrs. Brock.

I connect my eyes with hers and yep, it was she who spoke. That's something new, I thought she was lacking all kinds of emotions, except despise for me and adoration for the boss.

"Yes, thanks I just... Just... No, don't mind me." I smiled slightly, maybe I really should be nicer to her, it would be easier to work together. That's if I still have a job after today. "Do you want a coffee or something, I can bring it to you?" I decided to kill her with kindness and kissed her ass just a little.

She was surprised with me, but nonetheless she put her nonchalant, emotionless facade again.

"Yes green tea, please. And don't take too long this time, you still have a lot of work left" And here she goes again.

Right, this moment a small red-faced man came running to Mr. Cambells office. This must be Gavin. Well I was sorry for him, dealing with Mr. Cambell wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. And judging by Gavin's worried face he prepares for the worth.

I lifted my eyes to look at the watch and wow, it's already six o'clock. I can go home finally. I never saw Mr. Cambell after he put me out of his office. He didn't leave his office even once but our coworkers kept coming over.

"Soo, see you tomorrow, Mrs. Brock?" I sounded a little unsure as if waiting for her to disagree and tell me I'm fired, but she just nodded and I walked away.

❤❤❤
⭐⭐⭐

Please people, talk to me,
I don't know if I should continue with this story
or just drop it 😿😿😿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 61.3K 78
Arranged Marriage Evelina Maddison Camilli is an aspiring American fashion designer. Her goal is to prove to her parents that fashion design could b...
9.5M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
3.6K 144 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
103K 2.8K 20
{Mature Theme, 18+} {COMPLETED} Kian Manchester - A 19 year old high school graduate. He dosen't have much, it's a struggle everyday. His parents die...