A Life in Horse Heaven (Editi...

By TaylorNielsen99

Mandy Lansing is a 16 year old girl who loves her horses. Planning on this summer being like any other, she... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1- A Little Challenge
Chapter 2- Refreshing Trail Ride/ Moving to Brandleton WY
Chapter 3- Settling In
Chapter 4- Mall Encounter
Chapter 5- Interesting School Day/ It's a date with Sam
Chapter 6- A Little Trouble/ Date With Sam
Chapter 7- Encounter WIth Zach/ Party Time!
Chapter 9- Hospital Time
Chapter 10- Horse Show Qualifications

Chapter 8- Steamy Making Out/ Assault

2.5K 53 14
By TaylorNielsen99

Sorry for the late upload!  I have just been so busy lately because I had a vacation, county fair, and state fair!  Like I said, I am very busy. 

I tried to make this one longer just because it has been so long since I uploaded and I feel terrible.  So here you guys are! 

Enjoy Reading!!!!!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!!!!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 8

Brady’s POV:

            “Of course I made it,” I told her.  She smiled and hugged me.  “I thought you weren’t going to come,” She whispered into my chest.  I rubbed her back as I chuckled.  It felt right to have her in my arms. 

            “Were you worried?” I asked Mandy showing my cocky side.  She pushed me back a little acting like she didn’t care, but I knew better.  “No,” she replied, “Why would I be?” She smirked.  The music changed to something slower and I took my chance to be closer to her. 

            “Candy, would you like to dance?” I asked her giving her my hand and bowing slightly.  Her eyes widened a bit remembering what happened a few days ago, but she giggled, “With Cassidy? Hell Yeah!”

            I laughed and grabbed her around her waist as she tried to run back to Cassidy.  I felt sparks as I did so.  “Oh, no you don’t,” I whispered in her ear as I started dancing with her.  She looked up at me innocently. “I was just going to dance with Cassidy,” she said sweetly. 

            “I’ll go tell Cassidy that you’re taken,” I smirked at her.  “By who?” she asked me.  “I don’t see anyone around here that I want to dance with.”

            I gasped and put my hand over my heart faking that I was hurt.  She took the opportunity to run away from me, but I couldn’t grab her in time.  This meant only one thing ... I had to go chase after her.

            She took off towards the woods by the stables with me close on her heels.  The music faded as we got further and further away.  Mandy kept laughing the whole way.  God, I loved her laugh.  Stop thinking like that! I told myself. 

Her hair was blowing behind her as she weaved in between the trees.  I just wanted to run my hands through her hair, feeling how silky and smooth it was.  Her hat blew off and I picked it up still running. 

It was just one night.  It didn’t have to matter, right?  I could just let go and enjoy tonight and then return to my normal self, but that was hard when I was around Mandy.  She brought the best out of me. 

Who knows?  Maybe I would get lucky and it would be a one night stand.  But, I had a feeling Mandy wasn’t that type of girl.  And for some reason, I didn’t want to see her get hurt.  My feelings were in a jumble. 

I was so into my thinking when I felt a burning pain run through my head and down my neck to my shoulders.  Mandy was looking back at me laughing so hard she could barely run anymore.  I frickin’ ran into a tree! Into a tree!     

I got up and dusted myself off.  I shook my head trying to rid it of pain.  Then I started after Mandy again.  She had gotten a lead on me and I was determined to catch her.  I sped up urging my legs to go faster. 

I could tell she was getting tired because she started to slow down when she was nearing the stables.  I sped up more and caught up to her half way through the stable.  I grabbed her and pushed her up against one of the stalls. 

“Gotcha,” I whispered in her ear.  We were both panting from the chase making the temp go up between us.  “What are you gonna do now?” I asked her. 

She looked up at me with her dark brown eyes.  She smiled and tried to walk away, but I grabbed her arm and moved her back.  “Where do you think you are going?” I asked her. 

“Back to the party, where else?” she asked in a duh tone.  I looked at her like she was nuts. 

“Oh, no you don’t.  You’re stuck with me,” I grinned.  I trailed my finger down her neck and drew shapes on the side of her shoulder making her tense up.  “It’s ok.  I won’t hurt you,” I told her liking that she was nervous around me. 

“It’s not you I’m scared of,” she whispered.  I gave her an odd look not quite understanding her.  “What do you mean?” I asked her.  “Uh, um, it’s nothing.  Just … never mind.  Act like I said nothing,” Mandy mumbled so softly I could barely hear her. 

She looked down shyly.  I pulled her chin up making her look at me.  Her eyes shown fear and I was concerned for her.  What did she have to be afraid of?  “Mandy, what’s wrong?  What are you afraid of?” I grabbed her hand letting her know I was here for her.  She didn’t answer me and I sighed giving up on her answer. 

“You forgot this,” I told her as I put her cowgirl hat back on, and in those few seconds I decided I would let her worries be forgotten for the time being.  I leaned in closer, brushing my hand against her cheek.  She looked nervous and I just wanted that feeling to be gone from her eyes. 

I was falling for this girl.  I didn’t know if it was a good thing or not, but it felt right.  Every time we touched I felt this tingle or spark and it felt like I could get used to it.  I don’t know, but there was something about Mandy.  I just couldn’t stop thinking about her, but I didn’t want to get too close and then get hurt. 

I leaned closer in so our noses were now touching.  Then I kissed her.  I kissed her full on the lips.  The kiss was sweet and tender.  I didn’t rush into anything because I didn’t want to scare her away.  Then I pulled away and looked at her dark eyes that showed no fear now. 

She threw her hat to the side making in fly into the alleyway of the stable.  She wrapped her arms around my neck kissing me and eventually deepening the kiss.  It felt so right.  She tasted like sweet honey and sugar.  I wrapped an arm around her waist holding her close, while my other hand went to the back of her head keeping her mouth on mine.  I couldn’t get enough. 

I pulled my mouth away from hers and left a trail of burning kisses down her neck to her soft spot on her collarbone.  She groaned, bucking her hips into mine.  I put both hands on her hips and pulled them to me. 

Then I ran my hands up under her shirt, feeling how silky smooth her skin was.  She ran her hands up my chest while she kissed up my neck.  Then our lips met again.  I was in pure bliss.  I knew for sure now.  I was falling for this girl. 

Mandy’s POV:

            Oh my god! Oh my god!  What am I doing?  I mean really?  I am having a make-out session with Brady.  May I put that, Brady Gladens!  This is a bad deal.  What if Zach found out?  Then I’m screwed! 

            I just can’t fight the attraction I have towards Brady.  He makes this tingly sensation every time he touches me.  Every time he is near I get these butterflies in my stomach.  What am I going to do? 

            We have to stop, before it goes too far.  Look I don’t want to be a teen mom.  I just can’t bring myself to tell him though.  He probably thinks it’s a one night stand. 

            Brady grabs my legs and wraps them around his waist.  I run my hands through his golden blonde hair loving the feel of it.  He grabs my butt making me gasp, but just makes me want to kiss him harder on the lips. 

            He deepens the kiss and I let him, but I see a shadow move from the corner of my eye.  Brady starts kissing down my neck to my soft spot again, and that’s when I see what the shadow is. 

            “Brady,” I whispered.  He doesn’t listen.  “Brady.  Stop.  We can’t do this,” I whispered in his ear again.  I gasp as he starts sucking on my soft spot.  Ok Mandy, think straight.  You can do this. 

            I push Brady away a little and try to slide my legs down, but he only grabs my butt tighter, and for some reason it turns me on more.  Stop Mandy!  Focus! 

            I pull Brady’s head away from my neck so he looks at me.  He gives me this questioning look.  “Brady we have to stop now,” I tell him fearing of what might happen next.  I kiss him on the cheek while I slide my legs down. 

            Then I see the shadow raise something to strike Brady!  “No Brady!” I scream and turn us around so that I will take the blow.  Something hard connects with my head and back.  I yell out in pain, dropping to the floor.  “Mandy!” Brady yells in shock. 

            Then I look up into the evil eyes of Zach.  He looks shocked at first, but then smirks as he steps over my bruised body lying on the floor.  “Look at what we have here,” Zach chuckled evilly. 

            “What do you want Zach?” I gasped in pain.  “What did I warn you about Mandy?  Wasn’t it to stay away from other guys?  And that if you didn’t you could get hurt!  And look at you now!” He laughed. 

            I grimaced as my head pounded.  I tried to push myself off the floor, but not before Zach kicked me right in my gut.  All the air rushed out of me.  I coughed and groaned in pain. 

            “Zach, stop!” I pleaded.  He laughed.  “I’m not finished yet.  I still have to finish off this boy toy of yours.”  No!  I couldn’t let him get to Brady! Brady didn’t even know what was going on.  “Then I’ll finish you,” He said darkly.  I closed my eyes and rolled into a ball as a new surge of pain coursed through my head and back. 

            “Zach or whatever your name is leave her alone.  If you want to fight, fight a fair fight with me,” I heard Brady say.  What! I couldn’t let that happen.  Zach chuckled. 

            “You don’t know what you go yourself into!” Zach yelled.  “She is mine! You don’t mess with her!  I saw what you guys were doing.  I was watching the whole time.  Finally I couldn’t take it anymore!  She’s mine so back the hell off!” He shouted.  His voice was filled with venom. 

            I shivered feeling darkness start to take over.  I had to stay awake, for Brady! I tried getting up to my feet again.  I was very wobbly, and I could barely stand. 

            “Stop Zach!  Just stop!  You’re acting like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum,” I shouted at him.  He turned around to face me, a smirk on his face.  “You’re quite the fighter aren’t you?” He asked me. 

            “But, I’m not a 3 year old.  I’m an 18 year old who can throw my fists at real people instead of the floor.  What am I going to do with you Mandy?  This is a shame, but I’m going to have to do it to make you stay out of this and let the guy fight,” He grinned and I saw his eyes were full of anger. 

            He started walking over to me and I backed up with each step he took.  “Zach you need to leave now!” I told him, trying to keep my voice calm.  He laughed harshly.  “Why would I need to do that?  It’s only getting to be fun!”  I stopped walking, and he kept walking. 

            The next thing I see is Brady throwing a punch at Zach, hitting him in the head.  Zach stumbles forward into me.  I push him off almost falling from the effort. 

            Zach groans, but gets up and throws a punch back at Brady.  Brady hits the stall door and falls into the stall.  Then Zach turns to me with this evil grin on his face. 

            He stalks towards me and I punch him in the chest only to make him laugh.  He punches me on the side of the face by my eyebrow and temple.  I fall to the floor groaning in pain.  Black splotches cover my eyes, so that I can barely see. 

            I feel something sticky and hot run down my face.  I put my hand up to my temple to realize it is bleeding.  I gasp not knowing what to do anymore.  That makes Zach chuckle only more. 

            I hear Brady running towards us trying to reach me before Zach hurts me anymore.  Zach turns me onto my back and puts his foot on my chest making it hard to breathe. 

            “I warned you that you would get hurt,” Zach tells me.  He puts his foot down more making it hard to breathe.  My breathing starts to become ragged. 

Brady finally reaches us and pushes Zach off of me.  He looks at me, blood coming from his lip and nose.  “Brady run!  Don’t get hurt, just go Brady!” I whisper before everything goes black. 

Brady’s POV:

            I’ve never been so scared in my life.  Mandy was out cold.  Zach was beating her up and trying to beat me up.  What the hell was I going to do now to get him stopped on his rampage? 

            Hell!  I didn’t even know what was going on!  Why did he keep saying I warned you Mandy, you would get hurt?  I mean, it didn’t even make sense. 

            “What the hell is your problem?” I asked him.  He was looking at Mandy like he felt sorry and he should!  He looked up at me, his face being masked with anger again. 

            “You!  That’s what my problem is!” He shouted at me.  “Why what have I done?” I asked him confused.  He looked at me like I was stupid and he threw a punch at me hitting me across the jaw. 

            That only fueled my anger towards him.  I stalked towards him grabbing him by the neck and pushing him against the wall of the tack stall.  “What have I done?” I asked him anger etched in my voice. 

            He didn’t answer me and I only clamped my hands tighter around his neck.  He coughed and I grinned liking his pain.  “Tell me,” I ordered him. 

            “You,” he choked, “took her away from me.  She was mine and always will be.  I’m not finished with her yet!” He spat in my face. 

            “She is not some piece of property!” I shouted in his face.  Then with my free hand I punched him in the eye causing him to black out.  He slumped in my hands and I let him drop to dirt floor. 

            Then I wiped my hands on my jeans trying to get the blood off of them.  I ran over to Mandy’s limp body not knowing what to do.  I picked her head up and laid it on my lap running my hand through her hair loving the feel of it. 

            I took my shirt off and wiped the blood off of her face and held it there to stop the bleeding.  I caressed her cheek and she shivered under my touch making me smile. 

            “Wake up Mandy, please wake up,” I whispered in her ear as my forehead rested against her cheek.  I needed to take her to the hospital. 

            I called Blake telling him to get over to the stables now and to bring Amber with.  He said he would be right over.  Oh god Mandy!  Please wake up! 

            I pulled her on my lap and she nestled her head into my neck sending tingles through my neck and shoulder.  I groaned.  This was going to be hard to not touch her like I wanted to. 

            I heard running footsteps and looked up to see Blake and Amber coming our way.  “What the hell happened?” Blake asked as he knelt next to Mandy.  Amber gasped and knelt next to Mandy grabbing her hand. 

            “What did you do?!” Amber asked me her voice filled with anger.  I looked at her shocked.  How could she look at me like I was the one who did this to Mandy?  Then it dawned on me.  She hadn’t seen Zach yet. 

            “It wasn’t me.  It was him,” I told them looking over my shoulder at Zach.  Blake and Amber looked over to see Zach lying on the floor unconscious.  She looked back at me shocked like she couldn’t believe it. 

            Blake was the first to speak up.  “Why would he do this to her?” He asked confused.  I shrugged because I still didn’t know why.  “Did you knock him out?” Blake asked me again. 

“Yeah, he kept coming after her and then he kept trying to punch me, so I choked him and punched him making him black out,” I answered. 

            “Oh, no,” Amber whispered.  “What?  What is it?” I asked them, but they didn’t answer me. 

            Instead Blake ordered, “Brady take her to the hospital.  Amber, you and I will get Zach into your house.  We can’t take him to the hospital yet.  Don’t let anyone know or see you.  For right now we don’t want anyone to know about this.  Got it?” He asked us while motioning around the scene before us.  Amber and I nodded. 

            Blake and Amber walked over to Zach.  Blake picked him up and over his shoulder.  Amber looked back at me motioning for me to start leaving.  Then they walked out of the stable to Amber’s house. 

            I looked down at Mandy cuddled into my chest.  I scooted out from under her to squat next to her.  Then I gently lifted her up into my arms off the ground. 

She was still out and it frightened me that she hadn’t woken up yet.  I kissed her forehead and started walking to my truck.  I walked through the forest around the house trying not to be seen. 

When we got to my truck unseen, I laid her down on the passenger’s side.  Then I climbed in and laid her head in my lap.  I stroked her hair as I dove to hospital. 

When we were about halfway there she started to stir.  I looked down at her seeing her eyelids flutter.  “Mandy, come on you can do it.  Just wake up,” I told her looking back up at the road and then back down at her. 

Her eyelids fluttered again only this time they opened to look straight at me in confusion.  “Brady?” she asked.  “I’m right here Candy.  Don’t worry you’ll be okay,” I told her keeping my voice calm and even. 

She looked around and asked, “What happened?”  She didn’t remember?  “Well, we were making out and then, Zach hurt you,” I started to explain to her but then I saw recognition in her eyes. 

She looked scared, but why?  She was safe now.  “Don’t worry!  I punched him and choked him until he blacked out.  He won’t hurt you now,” I told her reassuringly. 

She gasped and sat up really quickly forgetting she was hurt.  She grabbed her head groaning in pain.  I reached out for her and grabbed her shoulders pulling her into me. 

I pulled into the hospital parking lot and wiped away the tears that were streaming down Mandy’s face.  “What’s wrong Candy?” I asked her.  She looked up at me, with a pained expression. 

My heart clenched for her.  “Why?  Why did you do it?” she asked me.  “Do what?” I asked confused. 

“Beat Zach up,” she whispered.  Now I was really confused.  “I did it because he hurt you and he deserved it,” I told her. 

A sob escaped her and I held onto her tighter, rubbing her back ever so gently.  Then it dawned on me.  “You still love him don’t you?” I asked her not being able to believe it. 

She looked up at me like I was crazy.  “God no!  Why would I?” she asked me shocked.  “Then why are you upset that I beat him up and may I add for you!” I yelled at her. 

She cringed and grabbed her head.  “I’m so sorry.  I forgot,” I apologized, running my thumb over her cut above her eyebrow by her temple. 

“Why are you so upset about him?” I asked her.  She closed her eyes and opened those revealing teary eyes.  “I’m dead, and so are you,’ she mumbled. 

I looked at her confused.  “Why would we be dead?” I asked her not quite understanding what she was getting at.  She leaned her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her waist bringing her closer. 

“Because his dad is the Mayor and Sheriff of the town, his mom is a lawyer,” she whispered.  She continued, “They are rich and can basically do whatever they want, meaning that we are dead.  You beat up Zach!  How do you think they are going to take it?  You are a new kid that just moved to town and beat up their kid.  And I was his girlfriend who Zach convinced them that I cheated on him, when it was the other way around,” Mandy told me out of breathe. 

I looked at her, now fully understanding why she was scared.  “That’s why we can’t tell anyone.  Who all knows about this?” she asked me. 

“Um, me, you, Zach, and Blake and Amber.  Also the hospital will soon know too because you need to get checked out,” I told her. 

“I can’t.  And where is Zach now?” she asked me fearing the worst.  I squeezed her side and told her, “He is at Amber’s house.  Blake and Amber took him there, while I took you here,” I said pointing to the hospital. 

“Oh.” Is all she said.  “Come on, let’s go and get you checked out,” I told her and kissed her forehead.  “No.” she said. 

I frowned down at her and tilted her head up to look at me.  “Why not?” I asked her.  “Because then more people will know,” she said. 

“Mandy, you have to get that checked out,” I ordered gently touching her cut.  She grimaced and nodded her head telling me she would go. 

I got out of the truck and came to her side and helped her out.  When we got in there the nurses came right to her and took her to a room, while I waited in the waiting room. 

When they finally came back for me I quickly followed the nurse leading me to Mandy’s room.  She told me Mandy had a minor concussion and that the cut wasn’t too deep, but she had lost some blood, so she would have to stay overnight for some monitoring. 

I said thank you and walked into Mandy’s room.  She was asleep and actually looked peaceful.  I smiled and walked over to her grabbing her hand in mine. 

            I pulled up a chair and sat by her making sure to stay awake until she woke up.  I was so happy that she would be okay. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 2K 27
Amy is an ordinary rodeo girl. She is a professional Barrel Racer that only cares about the rodeo, friends an family . She doesn't really like many b...
9.9K 210 18
Skyler James. A 19 year old horsewoman with unbelievable ranching, riding, and roping skills. Life on the ranch is amazing, as any horse obsessed, ca...
45.1K 1K 31
𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙨, 𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙨 = 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧! A broken girl...
30K 1.1K 22
Rumours are so easy to start. A whisper here, a whisper there, passed on person by person. This is 12 year old Robin's daily existence at school...o...