Forever Mine

Por BlaiseWeaver

When Nebraska decided to sacrifice herself to save the people she loved, she didn't expect to wake up and fin... Más

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Not That Important Announcement

Chapter 17

6.6K 330 46
Por BlaiseWeaver

Chapter 17

Layton glanced at me curiously while I sipped my drink. I still couldn't tolerate the smell of blood or even the sight of blood, but luckily it was one of those cups where you couldn't see the inside unless you looked directly down, so I focused on keeping my eyes away and holding my breath whenever I take a sip.

Since it was close to midnight, Jason was sleeping in one of the many guest bedrooms they had here while Levi, Sabrina, and Drew were playing a game in the game-room. The game-room was on the third level, the bedrooms and bathrooms were on the second level, and the living room, kitchen, and dining room were all on the first level.

Everyone else was scattered all over the house, leaving only Layton and I alone together. I tried to avoid his gaze by keeping my eye on the intricate designs of the floor, even though it was really hard to do that when I could feel a pair of eyes burning a hole in the side of my head.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and I glanced in his direction. "Can I help you?"

"Actually, I was wondering why you asked about me training you," he replied, tilting his head a little.

Oh, that little request. After I made that everyone seemed desperate to leave Layton alone with me as they quickly ran to another floor, also taking Jason with them. I wouldn't let Drew touch Jason, and I didn't trust Sabrina that well, but I am starting to trust Levi with Jason so I allowed him to carry him up to his room.

I then passed the time by drinking blood hoping that Layton wouldn't make the entire situation as awkward as it already is. He didn't take the hint and followed me around everywhere like a lost puppy.

Even though I would never admit it to anyone, I was secretly loving the attention. I mean, come on. For the past few hours he's been ignoring me and acting like I don't exist by keeping his eye on his phone or looking over his shoulder as if expecting someone to pop out of nowhere and attack him.

I get where the worry is coming from, but it was still irritating to be treated like I was luggage he had to drag around. Maybe if I learned how to defend myself, he wouldn't be as cautious and could loosen up a little. Then he would pay more attention to me.

I was still very new and confused to the whole soulmate thing, but seeing Sabrina and Drew interact with each other taught me that vampires really take the soulmate situation really seriously. I wasn't born a vampire so I don't understand half of what they must be feeling, but Layton probably does. Since I'm such a nice person, I've decided to be more open to the idea instead of just shutting it down completely.

Was I going to regret this? Maybe. Was it wrong for me to open up to a man who took me away form everyone I loved? Absolutely. Was it wrong for him to take away my humanity? Extremely, and he will pay for that in some way later on. But it also won't be bad to try this whole thing out.

For the past few weeks, I've been in the stage of denial. I kept telling myself that this whole thing was just a lie and that I was still human, even though there were obvious signs that I wasn't anymore. I've passed the stage of denial now.

The stage I'm at now is a mix between anger and acceptance. Hearing Sabrina's story, it finally knocked into my head that this whole thing was real and that I shouldn't keep trying to deny it. I should stop trying to deny the fact that I'm no longer human, because I'm not. I should stop trying to deny the fact that I mean something to Layton, because according to everyone in the house, I do. Maybe I should let him have a little window of opportunity?

Wow, look at me. I was actually thinking about opening up to the person who has messed up my life beyond repair. I must really be going crazy now.

Someone's throat clearing brought me out of my deep thinking and I turned to see Layton looking at me expectantly. "Hey? You okay? You just spaced out for a bit," he said.

I looked into his deep, blue eyes and smiled. I've got to let him have a chance. Sure he's messed up in the head and we definitely have a few issues to talk over, but aside from turning me into a vampire, he hasn't done anything to hurt me. And by how he saved my butt many times, I doubt he'll do anything to purposely hurt me.

But still, I can't let my guard down. I'll open up to him, but I'm also being careful around him. "Yeah, I was just thinking."

"About what?" he said in a soft tone. He was leaning against the kitchen counter and was using one of his arms to support his head as he was leaning.

"That you should really train me how to fight."

"Why? I'm doing a fine job protecting you," he said. Images of him bruised and bloody back at the motel crossed my mind and I shook my head to get rid of them.

Fine? He called that fine? Sure, he may have won but he was hurt! I can't just stand there like a helpless person while he risks his life to defend both of us. I want to be able to fight alongside him, that way he'll have a less chance of getting hurt.

"But I can't just stand there helpless while you fight and get hurt!" I told him.

He was silent for a few moments. "You're worried about me?" he asked, in the softest tone he has ever used.

Did I say that? "I uh...cause it's like...you're sorta the only person who knows about this vampire thing other than Levi so yeah..." I mumbled, looking down on my feet. Just because I told myself that I was going to give him a small, very tiny chance, that didn't mean I was going to tell him that.

He'll have to figure that one out on his own.

"Oh. Yeah right," he muttered, sounding a slight bit disappointed. I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to ask him what was wrong when he interrupted me, "so you want to train? Okay um, well first I'd have to know what you're good at," he said.

Considering PE was the only class that I struggled to maintain a respectable B in, I don't think there'll be a good answer for that. I remained silent since I didn't want to tell him that I wasn't good at anything involving physical activity. "Well?" he asked.

"Um, I don't really do the whole fitness thing..." I mumbled, looking down and hiding my blush. I expected a comment saying how weak I was or even laughter, but was confused when all I was met with was silence.

Looking up, I saw Layton have a small smile on his face. "It's okay. We'll just say that you're good at screaming to an extent of splitting your opponent's ear drums," he said.

I gaped at him and threw one of the towels on the counter. "Hey! That wasn't nice," I pouted. He chuckled and came over, patting me on the head.

"Sorry sweetheart, but sure I promise to train you. Maybe tomorrow night though, I have to talk to Levi about something," he said, walking away.

"About what?" I asked curiously.

He smiled at me and walked up the stairs, not saying another word. Well alright then. I sighed and looked around the room. There was absolutely nothing to do around here.

I could go talk more with Sabrina, but that would involve interrupted her with Drew. I didn't really trust Drew yet, or at all, so I wasn't about to go up there. Levi and Layton were too busy and Jason was asleep, so I can't do anything with either of them.

Walking over to one of the couches, I sat down and stared up at the ceiling. It was times like this where I really wished I had Lucas and Haley with me. If they were here, I'd never be bored. 

The phone on the table rang causing me to jump. I waited for someone else to answer the phone but no one came down. Couldn't they hear the phone ringing even from where they were? Since no one was going to answer, I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Nebraska?" a shaky voice replied. Even though it's been weeks since I've heard that voice, I still remembered it by heart.

"Haley?" I asked. How did she get this number? How did she know where I was? "Oh my god Haley what happened? How'd you get this number? Are you okay?" The questions kept pouring out of my mouth but what stopped me was the sound of her sobbing. "Haley are you okay? What's going on? Where's Lucas?"

"Um..she got us..." she said, sounding like she was in pain. She yelped in pain and the sound was enough to send me in total panic.

"Haley where are you? I'm coming just tell me where you are!" Oh dear please don't let anyone take her away from me.

"The abandoned factory at the outskirts of town. She said not to bring anyone or she'll kill Lucas!" she cried out.

"She? She who? Haley what's going on?!"

"Please help us Nebraska!" she sobbed.

I cringed. On a list of top ten sounds that could make me feel terrible, hearing my best friend crying is going to be among the very top. "I'm on my way don't worry!" I said, before hanging up the phone. As much as I wanted to talk more on the phone with her, I couldn't stand hearing her cry and sob.

It sounded so awful. It sounded like she was being tortured! But who would want to hurt Haley like that? She is such an innocent soul who'd never hurt a fly! 

I took several deep breaths. Okay Nebraska, keep yourself together! Haley needs me, I needed to be strong for her. But first, I needed to figure out who would want to hurt her.

Zoey was the first one that came to mind, but even she wasn't capable of hurting Haley like that. Plus, the last time I saw her she was in a mess because of what happened with her sister. But that could also mean she'd want revenge on me. Still though, she wouldn't do anything that drastic. She doesn't even know where I am! 

Thinking back, I tried to think about every person that would want harm to come to me. Not many names came up. In fact, other than  Zoey, I couldn't even think of another person that would want to harm me or Haley.

I shook my head. No, I shouldn't be standing here thinking of who it could be. I should be out there, helping Haley and finding out myself who would want to hurt me!

I ran to the luggage that Levi had tossed to the side and dug around in mine. Since it was still night outside, I grabbed a jacket and a scarf. Haley couldn't stand the cold, she gets sick so easily, so I have to bring something for her to wear for when I save her.

After putting the jacket and scarf on, I ran over to the kitchen and scribbled out a fast note and taped it to the fridge. Might as well leave these guys a note so they won't end up worrying about me that much.

I'm going out for a bit, don't wait up for me. I'll be back soon. PS: watch over Jason for me ~Braska

It wasn't the best note, but it was enough to not send them into a fit of panic if they end up looking for me. 

Once that was done, I walked out the door and into the crisp, cool December air. I knew where the abandoned factory was, we passed by it on the way here. Looking back to make sure no one was following me, I took a deep breath and ran towards the direction of the factory.

Don't worry Haley, I'm coming.

____________________

The original chapter 17 disappeared for some reason but luckily I remembered most of what happened in the chapter, but since I was rushing there's some sloppy mistakes that I'll fix later

Anyways, tell me what you think

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

25.2K 1.6K 32
"Hunters and Werewolves don't mate... do they?" Avery Williams lived in the lines of 'kill' or 'get killed'. Why would she get killed? Well, one, she...
95.8K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...
79.2K 5.6K 52
CURRENTLY BEING RE-WRITTEN AS PART OF THE "HOW NOT TO VAMPIRE" SERIES) It's the week from Hell as Bob tries to save his ex-girlfriend Jaime from cert...
1.3K 347 29
She was just a normal girl, Then her world shattered. The death of her mother : who looks and deceives even her own daughter to think she was human. ...