Once We are Descendants

By starchild10

When Mal of Auradon and Crystal of Storybrooke mix the wrong spells together, both end up accidentally openin... More

Prologue: Go Back?
Bonus Content: Crystal's Back Story (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 1: New Worlds
Chapter 2: I Want to Know More
Chapter 3: Life as Usual
Chapter 4: Be There for You
Chapter 5: Secrets to Learn
Chapter 6: Plots for Portals
Chapter 7: Long Live Evil
Chapter 8: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Chapter 9: Framed for Nothing
Chapter 10: Success for All
Chapter 11: Stealthy Shrimpy
Chapter 12: Theories and Mysteries
Chapter 13: Risky Business
Chapter 14: Made, Not Born
Chapter 15: Looking After Me
Chapter 16: Inner Villain
Chapter 17: The Pain of Broken Heart
Chapter 18: Freedom
Chapter 19: Fight for Love
Chapter 20: Caught in the Dark
Chapter 21: Support Before Danger
Chapter 22: How Auradon Fights
Chapter 23: It's Going Down
Chapter 24: What's My Name?
Chapter 25: Battle Till the End
Chapter 26: What Did I Bring to Storybrooke?
Chapter 27: Taming the Dragon
Chapter 28: Hooked on Guilt
Chapter 29: Check the Introductions
Chapter 30: Friends and Enemies
Chapter 31: Friends and Family
Chapter 32: The Family of Evie
Chapter 33: Members of Darkness
Chapter 34: Number One Troublemaker
Chapter 35: Family Feud
Chapter 36: Parental Dysfunction
Chapter 37: Emotional Tides
Chapter 38: Dizzy's Discourse
Chapter 39: When No One is Watching
Chapter 40: Changed?
Chapter 41: Rationale
Chapter 42: Family Dinner
Chapter 43: Family Tales
Chapter 44: Late Night Visit
Chapter 45: Strange New Land
Chapter 46: Shocks and Spots
Chapter 47: Crystal Clear
Chapter 48: Morning Madness
Chapter 49: Discipline and Devotion
Chapter 50: A Lesson in Hope
Chapter 51: Roll Call
Chapter 53: Parental Rules
Chapter 54: Mother-Daughter
Chapter 55: CJ Trouble
Chapter 56: Pirate v.s. Princess
Chapter 57: Meet the Parents
Chapter 58: Ursula's Urchin
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Moving In
Chapter 61: De Vil in Disguise
Chapter 62: Home Away From Home
Chapter 63: Her Brother's Keeper
Chapter 64: Dateable
Chapter 65: Amends for Amour
Chapter 66: Hidden Deception
Chapter 67: Heart to Heart
Chapter 68: Negotiations
Chapter 69: Family Ties
Chapter 70: Something Unexpected
Chapter 71: Potential
Chapter 72: The Storm Within
Chapter 73: A Bit Bizarre
Chapter 74: When the Claws Come Out...
Chapter 75: Tension
Chapter 76: Truth and Lies
Chapter 77: Dark One to the Rescue?
Chapter 78: Crumbling
Chapter 79: Love/Hate
Chapter 80: Suppression
Chapter 81: Hello My Heart
Chapter 82: Uh Oh Oh Oh It's Magic
Chapter 83: Dead Alive
Chapter 84: Fingerprints
Chapter 85: Dragon Ladies
Chapter 86: Leap of Faith
Chapter 87: Training Day
Chapter 88: Disappearing Act
Chapter 89: Dance of the Dragons
Chapter 90: Something Worth Keeping
Chapter 91: Aftermath
Chapter 92: The Importance of Being You
Chapter 93: Party at Granny's
Chapter 94: Parental Dis-play/may
Chapter 95: New Game Plan

Chapter 52: Heroes or Villains?

1.3K 40 79
By starchild10

"All right I think it's time to get everything under control," Regina says. She then turns to the crowd of teenagers. "Okay everyone from Auradon or the Isle please listen up!"

It takes a few minutes until all the teenagers lower their voices, the former Evil Queen feels like she's in a high school classroom. Even Chad listens, which is a rare occurrence in his behaviour. Even the pirates shut in the room with the heavy medical equipment stop trying to ram the door down. A few curious eyes peer out from the crack trying to hear what this strange woman has to say.

"My name is Regina Mills and I'm the mayor of Storybrooke, the town in which you are now currently residing in..."

"Where is Storybrooke, that's not in Auradon?!" Chad speaks up.

"How would you know that?" Tallia sneers. "You always fall asleep in Geography class."

"Uh for your information Tallia Bell, I happen to look over the notes that I get Doug to take for me in Geography, so I know some things about where we live and such." His statement is supposed to make him sound smart, but really it makes him sound extremely lazy and spoiled. Evie stares daggers at Chad while keeping Doug in her arms. Tallia rolls her eyes and leans against the nearest wall, waiting to hear what this Regina had to say.

"Yeah, that helps your case," Tallia snickers sarcastically.

"I honestly don't see the point in learning about other locations, all I need to know is where I live and where I need to go to get my hair gel."

"I think knowing Geography right now would actually be helpful," Mal says, also smirking at how stupid the ditzy blonde prince looks. He and Audrey deserve each other.

"Ah hum!" Regina says, clearing her throat and showing everyone that she is not pleased with being interrupted. "I was actually about to explain that. Storybrooke exists in another realm entirely from your Auradon."

"The United States of Auradon," Ben adds helpfully but swallows hard when Regina gives him a warning look. "Sorry."

"As I was saying, Storybrooke is in a realm known as the Land Without Magic, a separate realm from the one in which we came from."

"Where did you come from?" Ally asks.

Regina bites her lip, beginning to get sick of being interrupted.

"The place is known as the Enchanted Forest, where most of us from Storybrooke come from. I am Regina Mills, but in the Enchanted Forest..." she hesitates, knowing what the reaction will be. "I was known as the Evil Queen..."

Audrey gasps in horror, cutting off the mayor once again and slips behind Ben, while grabbing Chad's arm for comfort, however, he tries to hide behind her to protect himself. Whitney and Simon step back, ready to run from the room after seeing the person who poisoned their mother. A couple of the seven dwarves also behind to shift towards the nearest exit, knowing how much trouble the wicked woman put their fathers through. Lonnie and Lil Shang put their fists up, ready to fight since they had no weapons. A couple of other kids merely look on in shock but remain where they are. The pirates locked in the adjoining room snicker at the heroes pathetic displays of fear.

"Please don't poison us," Audrey whimpers.

"This hospital better not have apples!" Chad chimes in, feeding the growing fear in the room.

Regina rolls her eyes. Another fine piece of work with Phillip and Aurora's daughter as well. "I'm not going to poison you if you'd let me finish my sentence, I was going to tell you that I am the Evil Queen, but not your Evil Queen. In fact, I don't even go by that title anymore. My name is Regina Mills, it's that simple..."

"How can you not be our Evil Queen, that makes no sense," Tallia says skeptically.

Regina grinds her teeth in anger, the interruptions are becoming more and more irritating.

"If you'd let me finish my sentence again..."

"How can you not go by that name, and how are you free? Villains aren't supposed to be free. Why aren't you locked up on some island?!" Chad carries on, making everyone roll your eyes.

"Okay Blondie," Crystal snaps finally ready to step in. "If you'd let Regina finish her god damned sentence you would learn that Regina is a hero, hence the reason why she doesn't go by that title anymore."

"But that's not possible," the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming says. "Villains never change."

"And what do you think we did Moron?!" Mal snaps, her eyes glowing green again. She steps forward, ready to put this puny prince in his place once and for all, but Ben's hand wraps around her one of her sleeves, trying to bring her temper down. Chad whimpers and hides behind Audrey, who is also slowly backing away from the angry VK.

"Actually a lot of villains here have changed," Snow White says, deciding to prove the point. "This man here," she indicates Killian. "He was once known as Captain Hook."

There's some commotion behind the door where the Isle pirates hurry to try to get a glimpse of the famed pirate. They push harder against the door and the medical equipment to see. A couple of them start to laugh when they see that he has his arms around a blonde woman and in no way looks menacing or evil.

"That can't be Hook," one of the teen pirates calls out. "That guy's a big softie."

"He beat Harry Hook, one of your crew members in a duel yesterday," Emma says bluntly. Killian then removes his hand from his pocket to show everyone his famous hook. A lot of people gasp, including Uma's crew and few of them, whisper amongst each other about whether this is actually true.

"There's no way that's him," Jonas says to his friends.

"Yeah, the only person who can beat Harry in a duel is Uma," Bonny adds.

"And how do we know the hook isn't fake, Harry's is," Gonzo shouts through the crack.

Emma rolls her eyes and Killian sighs before turning his hook until it came off the end of his hand. His wife then helps him loosen the buckles to remove the arm part of the harness that holds his hook in place. He then shows the crowd the stump from which Rumpelstiltskin had removed his left-hand centuries before. The scar tissue was rather grotesque to look at, with the skin being slightly uneven and inflamed. The blue-eyed pirate bites his lip slightly from the pain of removing the straps, but Emma's gentle touch helped it a little bit.

Audrey wrinkles her nose in disgust cringes heavily and looks away, not able to keep looking at it. Chad looks like he wants to throw up but still begins to hide behind his girlfriend. Tallia looks extremely peeved at the realization that this was the villain who had locked her mother in a lantern after she'd betrayed Peter Pan. Patrick and Paige are equally shell-shocked, but also slightly angry to encounter their father's arch-nemesis. Jay and Carlos, who already knew that Killian was a good guy and how he actually lost his hand, they still cringe at the display but are also slightly fascinated by how battle-worn it looked. Mal and Evie seem sympathetic, wondering how painful it must be to wear that harness every single day. The famed pirate makes sure that teenagers locked in the room can see it. They whisper to one another, slowly confirming that this is indeed Captain Hook.

"Enough proof for you?" Killian asks.

"That looks painful," Jane says sympathetically.

"It can be Lass, but remember, I've had 200 years to get used to it."

"200 years?!" Jordan speaks up. "How are you still so young looking?"

"200 years in Neverland, does wonders to the ageing process," Crystal snickers.

"And let me guess, you were hunting my father during all that time?" Patrick snaps, ready to make the pirate pay for the hell he'd put their father through. He cracks his knuckles and prepares to charge, before Jay steps in the kid's way, trying to save Killian from being attacked by the twins. Paige is still very confused by everything and merely stays behind her brother, she was never the violent one anyways.

"Dude chill, it's actually not what you think," Jay says calmly.

"How could it not be what I think? That man has been trying to kill my father for years!"

"My mom also has a thing or two to say to you too," Tallia adds, a scary sharpness in her voice. It's Ally's turn to try and restrain the fairy daughter from taking a swing at the pirate.

"Guys listen, you've got it all wrong," Mal says. "Killian here isn't a villain."

"Killian?" a teen pirate calls from the room. "I thought his name was James Hook?"

"No, in this realm, his name is Killian and he's not a villain," Snow says, trying to go back to her point.

"How could he not be a villain?" Paige asks, not quite matching her brother's level of rage and trying to help Jay keep Patrick restrained.

"He isn't," Carlos adds.

"And he actually wasn't trying to kill Peter Pan here; he was trying to kill my father," Crystal says.

This puts the whole room in a pause, Patrick and Tallia look confused.

"Who is your father?" Lonnie asks.

"Rumpelstiltskin,"

"Who?"

"He's a fairy tale from this world, in the Land Without Magic, people outside of Storybrooke think all of our stories are made up," Ben explains, trying to help clarify everything.

"What? How?" Jordan asks.

"It's complicated," Ben answers.

"How? How can it be complicated? We all exist and clearly, they all exist, how can we be made up?" Tia asks, trying to process everything.

"Even we can't fully explain that," David says, putting his arm around his wife. "But here, we're all real and we're all heroes. As my wife was going to say, Killian Jones is a hero. He was once the pirate we all know, swords, rum, and all but he's proven himself time and time again to be a true hero. He once sacrificed his life for the sake of the town."

After trying to destroy it by letting the Dark Ones in, those from Storybrooke think to themselves, but that would just dampen the point they were trying to make.

"He even helped defeat Hades, the lord of the Underworld," Snow adds. "He is now married to our daughter, Emma, proof of their true love, and they are expecting their first baby."

Emma and Killian hold up their hands to reveal the wedding bands on their fingers and then the Saviour puts her hand over her growing child, even though it wasn't visible yet.

Tallia and Patrick stop their attempted fighting against their friends to punch Captain Hook and look on with wide eyes. Everyone else seems unsure of what to think, except for the War Frats, they just snicker to one another about Captain Hook actually getting married and having a family.

"Gone soft on us have you Jones?" Jonas laughs through the door.

Killian gives them a firm, menacing glare and holds his hook up, which is now back in its proper place. He lets the hospital lights catch the tool and shine it towards the juveniles. This gets them all to shut up and look away in slight fear. The alternate Captain Hook feels satisfied that despite being a hero, he can still frighten enemies.

"How... how can a villain become a hero?" Audrey questions. "How can anyone like that... change?"

"It's definitely not easy Lass," Killian admits.

"It takes time," Regina agrees. "And lots of practice."

"And how can Emma be your daughter?" Ally asks curiously. "She looks almost the same age as you."

Suddenly, Gordan's stomach behinds to growl loudly. All his cousins, including Doug, knew that if the son of Grumpy didn't get food, he would be ten times worse than his own father.

"How about we get the new kids Granny's for lunch and explain everything?" Emma says.

"But Granny's isn't big enough for all of them," David points out.

"How about Henry's park?" Regina suggests. "There is enough room there and a couple of these guys can blow of steam if they want to."

"Regina, they're all teenagers, they won't want to play at the park," Emma says.

"Whatever; Snow, David, and Zelena can go pick up lunch with the kids," the former Evil Queen says, trying to get a plan together.

"What should we get them?"

"Just basic burgers and fries, I seriously doubt they will care what they eat after eating the stuff here," Crystal shrugs.

"And Guyliner, Emma, Crystal and I will get the kids organized. Mal and her friends can help build the trust and hopefully get everyone out of here."

"What about finding parents?" Crystal asks.

"What do you mean?" Regina asks.

"I mean I've already texted Ashley and Thomas to pick up their pill of a son and I've also got Aurora and Phillip coming, along with Blue, Sidney, August, and the dwarves."

"Why did you do that?" Emma snaps, slightly annoyed about how impulsive Crystal has been.

"I figured it's the best way to make sure everyone will have a place to sleep tonight because there's no way Granny's is going to be big enough."

"Okay fine, but you are in charge of explaining the situation to the parents..."

"Alternate parents,"

"Fine, let's just get these kids out of the hospital!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 905 10
☙I feel like I've known you my whole life and did I mention I'm in love with you.☙ /// ☙. I do not want to take away your dream because it was so bea...
6.1K 77 13
It's the last book! Audrey's back, and she's not happy about Mal and Ben's engagement. When she falls under the spell of the Dragon's Eye, she will b...