A Different Light (Larry Styl...

By larryfml

Harry never really got over that stupid crush on Louis Tomlinson, did he? (Friends to enemies to lovers) More

~Intro~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter FOUR~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
Author's Important Question
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
PLEASE READ I NEED HELP
~Chapter 16~
Whats better than a chapter?
~Chapter 18~
~the real Chap 18~
~Chapter 19~
Continuation

~Chapter 17~

160 21 34
By larryfml

Hello there! Please vote! If this can get two votes i'll pet my grandma's cat! (im allergic) also this chapter is dedicated to ohnoniall_1 for commenting a lot lol. made me shmile.

Harry tried to finish writing as soon as possible, not wanting to miss a moment of the game. Briana had finished a bit before him, all she did was type up the latest news on Louis and Eleanor's breakup and then probably a couple of other useless topics for the kids on his school to feed on. He also told Niall and Jan to hurry it up so they would come with him. Once they were all done they left the room and made their way to the football field.

Harry pulled the jacket around him tighter, it was probable one of the coldest days of the year, seeing how it was already November. It seemed crazy how time flew, it was already almost the halfway marker of the school year. As the wind blew in his face, he couldn't imagine how Louis must be feeling, that boy thought anything below eighty degrees was freezing, plus he was in shorts. Tight shorts. That made his arse look great- what?

He shook his head and scanned the larger than usual crowd looking for the only two familiar faces. He walked up and got their seats by Liam and Zayn before positioning his gaze on the field. The players were already out, and the match was already in motion, thankfully no one had scored yet.

When he spotted Louis, he knew something had to be wrong. From the way he carded his fingers through his hair every five seconds to how his attention hadn't been on the ball ever since Harry laid eyes on him.

As the game started, Stan seemed to be passing the ball to everyone besides Louis, then when Louis would have the ball he'd never pass it to Stan. For two people on the same team, the captain and the guy who's a shoe in for captain next year, they seemed to be working against eachother. Harry didn't expect Louis to get along perfectly with Stan, seeing as he did try to get him expelled, which he decided not to bug Louis about telling the principal, he figured that it was sweet Louis was trying to be protective.

Though, he was stuck wondering why Stan seemed to be holding tension against Louis. It couldn't have been that he found out Louis was the one who ratted him out right? Harry suddenly felt sick with all the nerves that came with realization.

He kept waiting for Louis to look up, he didn't know why, he just needed to give him reassurance. He wasn't even sure how he could do that. He decided to try and focus on the game- which wasn't going well.

By halftime the score was tied and not because Edwin was making a comeback, it was just that the other team seemed to be just as bad. Harry sighed as their team started to head to the locker rooms with their coach, screaming until his face turned red, following quickly behind them.

Harry's breath caught in his throat when he saw Louis's eyes searching through the crowd. Then they finally landed on him, he could feel one of his stupid goofy smiles breaking out. He did what felt natural and he held up that sign Louis taught him, and Louis happily returned the sign right before he disappeared back inside the school.

He smiled knowing that to everyone else it would look like he just gave a thumbs-up. It made his heart flutter to know that he and Louis were the only ones who knew what it meant, like it was their own special thing. The fluttering in his chest halted when he looked back onto the field.

Within all the cheerleaders was Briana, with her eyebrows furrowed, but she turned away as soon as Harry made eye contact. He sat down and all he could think about was how he didn't want to be there. He just wanted to go home with Louis and enjoy the last few hours of their first day as a couple.

He pulled out his phone and asked his mum if Louis could spend the night, he figured that she'd be alright considering it was Friday. She texted back, "If it's alright with Jay."

Right then the players came back out and got the game back into motion. Harry wasn't sure what the coach said to them, but it worked, and they seemed to be playing a lot better. By the end of the game their school miraculously won by one point. They were all celebrating as students from the crowd waved around miniature flags of their school's colors.

Harry just wanted to run into Louis's arms and give him a big congratulatory kiss, but that was something they couldn't do. Something that was reserved for couples who could be out in the open together, and couples whose happiness was socially acceptable.

So, Harry stuck to smiling, and looking. Smiling from a distance and looking from afar. When Louis's eyes met his, things felt okay again. They didn't have to show anyone and nobody had to know, because they knew, Harry thought. They were the only ones who knew about little touches and the little signs, and the little looks. Plus, Harry bet if they only knew, they would just be jealous of them. And jealousy was a very, very nasty thing.

Liam and Zayn didn't wait around for long and Niall said he would wait with Harry for more people to leave before he called his mom to pick him up. That way it wouldn't look suspicious if he was by himself and then left with Louis. Harry told him repeatedly that it wasn't a problem for them to give him a ride but he said no, and added in that he didn't want to be there while Louis got road-head whatever that meant.

After showering and changing at a record speed, Louis ran out and met them at the entrance of the field. They were walking towards their car, when Niall's mum pulled up and yelled for him to get in the car, which Harry later found out was because Niall was in trouble, something about paying his brother to do his homework.

Once they were safely tucked inside the far-parked-tinted-windowed car Harry tapped Louis's shoulder, surprising him with a kiss as soon as he turned around.

"Congratulations, Lou," Harry spoke softly.

"Thank you love, but I didn't really do anything but hold the team back today," Louis replied making Harry frown, he wanted object but Louis continued.

"I can't look at Stan with out wanting to sucker punch him in the throat, and he's mad at me because apparently he found out that Eleanor and I broke up. He doesn't know why, thank God, but still. How could he have possibly found out? Unless Eleanor told him, but I don't think she would've. I just don't know."

Harry felt guilty. Really, really, really guilty. He hesitated before speaking up.

"Erm, d-don't get mad but I think it's my fault he knows. I was talking to Niall and I shouldn't have said anything, but I told him that you and Eleanor broke up a-and then erm he kind of vocalized it a bit louder, out of shock you see, and then Briana over heard him and I think she might have written in next week's newspaper and I'm so sorry," Harry squeaked out in a breath. The poor boy looked like he was about to cry, and that was definitely a reason why Louis forgave him so quickly.

"Aw, it's okay Haz, I'm not mad. I was just confused, and I was questioning Eleanor's trustworthiness for a little bit," Louis cooed softly. He honestly wasn't mad, he knew Stan was going to find out eventually, he was just nervous that it would be the talk of the school when they returned after the weekend.

They drove home listening to some new pop music on the radio and Harry sung along to most of the words. Sometimes Louis could swear Harry is the most precious thing in the world. It felt nice to be able to finally admit that. Granted, it would take a little time to get used being in a relationship with a boy, after all he had spent his entire life shutting down the very idea of something like that. Though, whenever they kissed or touched hands or hugged, it felt normal- no, more than normal. It felt right. Plus, he had never truly dated anyone before, unless Eleanor counts, so he didn't have that much to compare it to.

He turned his attention back to the singing boy and smiled. He might have to hide this from the world, but at least he didn't have to hide it from himself.

The car pulled up into the driveway of Harry's house and Louis texted his mum asking if he could spend the night. Of course, she said yes. Then Louis thought about something. This was technically the second time they would be spending the night together as a couple, and the first was just the night they started dating. He wondered if their parents would even allow them to spend nights together if they knew they were a couple. Then he another thought occurred to him that started to make his heart race.

When were they going to find out? When should he tell his mom? Oh god. What if she wouldn't accept him? Louis wanted to smack himself for ever thinking that. His mum was one of the sweetest people in the world, of course she would accept him. Right? Either way, he wasn't ready to tell anyone.

As they made their way up the stairs to Harry's room, Louis decided that these thoughts clouding up his head weren't appropriate for the moment. So he did what he did best, and pushed them to the back of his mind. He didn't want to worry about that right now. He just wanted to focus on the cute boy in front of him.

But deep down, he knew he would have to confront them at some point.

LMAOOO where the fook have I been? hahahahinapitofdepressionhahahaha. anyways this chapter is legit the shortest thing ever, but at least its something plus im a slut for reads and if the chaps are shorter then I can post more and get more reads >:D

Wow im a loser. anyways I hope you at least kind of liked this but the next chapter is fun and holy fuck I just realized this crackhead timeline skipped over Halloween. I have no idea what im doing guys I cant believe I just disrespected spooky season like that :'( but I had to. angays.

My friend (an irl/local ) was reading this book. BUT NOW HES NOT SO HAHA gaaaayyyy shits about to go tf down. also the next chapter is a sleepover. Coincidence? mhh I don't think so.

wow my authors notes are longer than my chapters someone please drag me for that. thank you.

I love you all more than peanut M&M's,

Ten Xx

ps. it feels noice to update

pss. harry has stuble and louis has clean shaven face? wtf kind of parallel universe twilight zone, 'nother dimension type shit is this????

psss. Louis is still Daddy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 20.7K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
499K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
189K 10K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
700K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...