Smile Acquired [Persona 3]

By univenyu

[Revised] An eerie green has seeped into his features as he stares blankly. One minute, he was sure. But, it... More

This Is How It Begins
The Wild Card Beckons The Tides

The Wild Card Walks Into Town

177 4 1
By univenyu

Time never waits.

It delivers us all equally to the same --- [we can be saved]

You, who wish to safeguard the future,

However ------- [vast] it may be...

You will be given one year;

go without falter,

with your heart as your guide...

[dearest]

---
4/6 - Mon
Early Morning
Next: 3

Light shined through the closed [second favorite color] curtains' edges. The morning sunshine made the snowglobes and other nicknacks in the room have a light glow surround themselves. The room was like any other dorm room but those few decorations that made it seem more characteristic.

The sink had a cabinet most likely stored with cleaning items or anything extra you wouldn't see in a room but would probably need. The fridge nearby had photos posted on it of a happy family with an only child and two children smiling together with peace signs.

The shelf near the sink held toothpaste, brushes, small little kits wrapped in bows yet remaining unused, and even small gifts most likely precious. In the middle of the curtains was a desk that had many school supplies on it. A [color] lamp laid at the corner of the wooden desk.

In the middle were pencils, pens, and stencils in a black mesh bin. The last thing other than scattered notebooks that looked somewhat tattered yet neat was a shelf full of textbooks, in front of it was a stack of older looking books. The corner had a TV set up with gaming systems, a laptop at the bottom with nothing on top of it, and a small plant.

The only thing other than the [favorite color] sheeted bed was the closet, a rack full of hoodies and blazers by the door, and another shelf. The shelf filled to the brim with old books ranging from fantasy to sci-fi, nothing being educational though. Hell, there was even a manga or two stuffed in there as well as CDs.

Right beside the shelf was the closet, slightly opened to reveal several shirts, pants, and shoes. Some being casual, others being a uniform, the last part filled with an array of formal clothes that looked almost brand new. Most of had probably never been worn more than once.

The one thing heard throughout the entire room was the slight noise of birds chirping outside. That is until an almost annoyingly alarm came on. A groan of distaste came from under the sheets, a full head of [hair color] hair popped out.

The person sat up abruptly and with an irritated face, slammed the snooze. Dragging a hand through his hair beginning at his shortest tresses, he got up slowly after stretching. Drifting around his room a bit and then finally sitting at his desk after grabbing his laptop.

He opened it up and began to search around, just browsing random topics. He finally looked at the date and his eyes just began to get even more droopy than it was. He suppressed a yawn and looked at what he was on the screen. Shaking his head, he began to type on the board.

He eventually shut the portable computer to get up and go towards the closet full of clothes. Picking the most casual yet comfortable looking outfit he could find, which was a red shirt with blue jeans, he then changed. Hygiene was next, then he grabbed a jacket and slung it on.

He started his day off by going downstairs and looking through the multitudes of cabinets to search for the coffee beans labeled as his. When he found it, he grabbed it and began making his drink to wake himself up. When he finished, he grabbed the cup of warm coffee and sat down.

He snatched the remote to turn the TV on and begin to watch the news. It was boring but helpful. It mostly told the boy when he would have to fight, and it would have to be soon. The cases of Apathy Syndrome were on the rise, and he hadn't fought in so long.

When he began to fight alongside with Akihiko, he would probably say he lost his charm or something. He knew that he would fight again soon, he just didn't think it'd be this fast. He sipped his coffee, absentmindedly watching the reporter go on and on about something in monotone.

It really didn't peak his interest, so right after the reporter finished speaking about the Apathy Syndrome cases, he turned the TV off. He washed his cup before putting it in the washer for the night. Climbing up the stairs, he reached the last room at the end of the hall on the left. Going in, he grabbed his phone and wallet quickly before leaving the dorms.

---
4/6 - Mon
Morning
Next: 3

He wondered around Paulownia Mall for a bit. Stopping at the shop Power Records to see if anything new was in stock, swinging by the pharmacy to look around and shop for some medicine just in case he caught some kind of bug, which was pretty often, and even stopping by the arcade Game Panic to pass time.

Time barely had passed, though, and so he went to the police station. Entering caused the officer to be alert, but he settled after seeing it was just the teen. He spoke up first, "[Last Name], good to see you."

The boy who just entered walked up to the counter before looking around, he noticed nothing new which made a bit of disappointment crawl on his face. "Man, I hoped you would have something new in stock..."

The man's eyes looked dazed for a second as he put a hand on his chin in thought, "We'll be having a new stock coming in a few weeks from now. You'll have to wait until then."

"Okay Officer Kurosawa, thanks." And so the boy left, leaving Paulownia Mall to head to Port Island Station.

---

As he left Paulownia Mall and approached Iwatodai Station by train, he darted straight towards the movies as it was barely afternoon. He just found one that looked interesting and chose it, giving his money away for a 1,500 yen student ticket.

As he sat, he could see multiple people talking and chewing on their popcorn at a quick pace, they wouldn't have that bucket of popcorn for long if they kept at it. Eventually, the lights dimmed and the movie began.

---
4/6 - Mon
Evening
Next: 3

He sat there for the movie, not knowing it was actually a marathon of movies that dragged on for hours. It sort of grabbed his interest, so he sat through it. Arriving back in the dorm, he marched to his room.

He sat at his desk, typing away idly at his laptop. He was on a forum where you would debate about characters that were stronger or weaker than others. A death battle forum really, and he had decided who would win. He broke the tie, and many people disliked him now, but he was just entering his honest opinion.

Guess opinions aren't welcomed anymore, freedom of speech my ass. Right after that, the people he agreed with had started a witch hunt on every single one and it was absolute chaos. He thought it was funny as he had started it all, honest opinions worked wonders sometimes, but had ended it as soon as it began.

Other than that, he just put music on to do online school assignments. Most of them were U.S assignments, so it wasn't even in Japanese. It was even at his grade level which sort of made it all worse.

He sighed, finishing one of three. He had done the rest over the break they received, so he was practically finished and he could feel the anticipation of finishing overwhelm him. He smiled and began to type quickly.

---
4/6 - Mon
Late Night
Next: 3

The boy wasn't on duty today, so he had gotten ready to sleep. There was a transfer coming to stay here at the dorms for a bit until more room had appeared in the actual boy dorms. That's the one thing Mitsuru had included him on, his arrangements.

They were upsetting, sure, but he just wasn't the most sympathetic one out there. He didn't care for anyone other than him, he didn't even know the transfer! Sure, he knew his name, but he didn't know him. He wouldn't bother with the boy anyway, he was just going to leave the dorms soon.

He would just be polite out of being polite. Call him a jackass, but why should he care?

---
?/? - ???
???

He was too late, there were tears springing to life on his face as he watched the poor lady fall to the floor in pain. He should've summoned his persona to prevent all of the events that had occurred, but he didn't. He remained still, too shocked to do anything.

It's all his fault, he let a life slip through his hands. He wasn't behind the persona that attacked, but he could have done something. He held the woman who looked almost godly beautiful in his hands, her life slipping away. No one knew a healing skill, maybe if he had leveled his persona up more, he could have saved her.

He fucked up.

He turned after hearing a short cry, to his right was a kid. A kid who witnessed his mother's death. He wasn't supposed to be awake, but he was. A child had potential. The only thing coursing through the boy's mind was how he fucked up real bad this time.

No one would believe the child when he said that a monster killed his mother. Her death would never be revealed to the public. It was all just an unfortunate fucking accident.

This would be engraved into everyone's minds, not just the perpetrator or the victim. No, this would continue to replay in their minds until the film just stopped. He brought his head closer to the woman's to listen to her last words. But even so, her words slipped from his ears, never to be known.

The woman died in his arms, a wail came from the depth of the young teen's throat. He wasn't actually opening his mouth and screaming, but the pained sound made it clear enough to the elder teens near him.

The young boy, on the other hand, rushed to his mother. While the boy wailed in pain for his mom, the teen set her down and closed her eyes. He walked away with all the red staining not only his shirt but his-

---
4/7 - Tu
Early Morning
Next: 2

[Your Name] shot up quickly from his bed, sheets tangled with his hair a mess. He hated that dream, but it always meant something. No matter what, he had blood tainted- no, painting his hands. It was something he could never forget because it showed him how much danger this all was.

He rolled out of his sheets. His alarm hadn't gone off yet, so he assumed it was before time to get up. The boy got up anyways to get ready. Maybe he would have enough time to relax and calm down. He hadn't seen Mitsuru or Akihiko the whole day yesterday, Yukari included.

He sighed after looking at himself in the mirror, he just looked down before continuing the usual routine. Open the curtains, get dressed, then hygiene. He wore his winter uniform, modified to his comfort.

He wore the blazer opened, he then had a thin jacket with a [favorite color] tone to it underneath. Leaving the jacket open to reveal his white button-up with the piece of fabric tied in a knot rather than the traditional loose bow. He knew how he just didn't feel the urge to be fancy with it.

Even so, he could admit that his bows were always crooked to one side. Getting out of his room to go downstairs to make coffee was the usual, bland. No one met up with him, and he wouldn't doubt it considering it was early in the morning. It was bland until he found a new person looking through the contents of the fridge.

He assumed it was the new kid because who would rob a dorm? Stupid idiots, like idiots that were more stupid than other idiots, that's who.

"You're the transfer?"

The boy looked up through the corners of his eyes before looking back inside the fridge, a simple "yes" coming from him. His voice was more high-pitch in comparison to other males who were in Gekkuakan, but it wasn't that normal annoying high-pitch. If anything, it just made him sound younger, but it was hard to tell seeing he only replied with one word.

The new kid didn't seem to talk much, so [Your Name] just went back to making coffee. The atmosphere wasn't as awkward as it should've been. Probably because [Your Name] knows how to shut his mouth when need be and the new kid was just generally quiet.

Maybe if it wasn't [Your Name] but rather Yukari or that one kid from last year named Junpei it would've been awkward. The teen making coffee didn't mind the silence, but he wanted to know the blue-haired boy's name. It was his one priority right then, but he would figure it out later.

Finishing making his coffee, he walked to the couches, passing by the new kid, who was eating something, he clicked on the TV. The cases were still steadily on the rise and it was absolutely no surprise about it.

[Your Name] was dissatisfied. His coffee had been lukewarm, not the more hot coffee he liked. If anything, he'd put up with ice coffee, not lukewarm. He dealt with it, taking gulps instead of steady sips. Eventually, the report ended, he got up and washed his mug. Passing by the busy student who he was taller than, even if he drank a lot of coffee. Plus, that stunt your growth thing was a myth.

He was most likely his full height anyways, so it didn't really matter in the end. Sitting back down and taking a peek at the time was the first thing he did after turning in his mug. The news was now boring and there was nothing important.

The boy flipped channels until he landed on one that caught his attention.

The other teen in the room hummed before clicking the channel. On it was a cartoon that he hadn't watched in a couple of weeks, he could tell it was a rerun though, but he didn't see it. His smile eventually faded as he realized why, but just continued to watch.

The rerun ended sooner than anticipated so he began to flip through channels again as the same episode kept on repeating. There was nothing on but very childish cartoons that seemed to bore both the new student and [Your Name], and then there were the news channels that Mitsuru would probably watch to cover up the fact she actually had a childish side to her.

Yeah, [Your Name] found that out a long time ago and he did not regret it one bit, even if he did get "executed" by Mitsuru. It was funny, he looked at his watch before sighing and turning the large TV off. He stood up and went to stand directly by the stairs. "Yukari! School!"

About a minute or so later, footsteps as well as an "I got it" came from the stairs, eventually showing a brown haired girl in a pink cardigan. "I just couldn't find the transfer." [Your Name] smiled sheepishly while pointing to the still eating transfer. "Do you know his name?" Yukari just shrugged about the question, "It's Minato, why?"

As the boy and Yukari began to walk, Minato came along and they gathered their things to get to school, "I didn't want to disrupt the peace." As they slid on their shoes and grabbed their bags, [Your Name] opened the door for them so they could leave. "First stop is Iwatodai Station..." He muttered to himself.

---

As Yukari went to show Minato around, [Your Name] went off to the bulletin boards to see his class, which was 2-F, and then he went to the Student Council Room. The room was in nothing less than chaos, students were hurrying to finalize paperwork, more important figures were trying to help students who were lost, the room was havoc.

When the boy stepped in, it became more bearable. It was as if his presence was calming, and so the student council got to work in a more orderly manner. As [Your Name] got to work, the president came in, as well as Mitsuru. Both were impressed with how calm everyone was, it gave every single person in the room a feeling of accomplishment.

The boy who had calmed everyone down, on the other hand, was glad he was excused from the lame Welcoming Ceremony. He had student council matters to attend to after all.

---
4/7 - Tu
After School
Next: 2

[Your Name] sighed, letting a hand go through his hair. He then picked up a stack of papers and began to go towards his classroom. Hopefully, Ms. Toriumi had enough time to sort through these. The boy left a note on top saying it was mostly sorted by him, but he didn't have enough time to finish. As he entered, he was glad to see people talking happily to another.

He walked to the podium and sat the papers on it, as he was about to leave, someone caught sight of him. "[Nickname]! What're you doing around here?" Junpei Iori, he didn't particularly dislike him, but that didn't mean he liked him all that much either.

"Junpei, please stop calling me that." Said boy grinned as [Your Name] walked towards the trio, "Why are you surrounding him? Interrogation perhaps?"

This boy just knew the right buttons to push as both Junpei and Yukari recoiled. Junpei then stuttering excuses while Yukari pointed an accusatory finger at the boy, shouting words that he couldn't comprehend.

All he did was watch with a small smile -more of a smirk than anything, but it was playful- dancing on his lips, a chuckle or two coming out before he put his hands as surrender, "I would never hear the end of it, so I'll surrender for now."

Yukari huffed while Junpei relaxed the tension off his shoulders. Minato just looked between the arguing trio as well as the students who merely watched on. Those people were the ones who wanted friends like that, so they were pretty jealous of the new kid.

He hanged out with the prettiest girls like Yukari and Mitsuru, the most handsome boys like Akihiko and [Your Name], all because he lived in a dorm. Those students wondered what hell he had to go through in order to be surrounded by the best of the best in Gekkoukan.

While the jealousy in the room showed, the friends just continued to talk to one another, sometimes asking the transfer questions. Eventually, the newest group member had matters to attend to, so he left. Yukari was then called by Mitsuru to meet somewhere which left the last two to walk home by themselves.

It was best that way as they told dirty jokes and limericks to each other, it was mainly Junpei though with Minato adding weird yet hilarious ones in once in a while.

---

[Your Name] was walking down the hall with yet another stack of papers in his hands, albeit this one was smaller. It was the time where he whistled small songs and actually spoke to people who were lucky enough to stay later than usual.

The students were trickling in numbers as regular school hours had already ended and the evening was fast approaching, but [Your Name] wanted to get as much work done today as possible, something Hidetoshi respected. So by the time he was pretty satisfied, only club managers, faculty, and some dedicated club members were left.

"Ah! [Your Name]-kun!" The boy turned with a hum to see his sports club manager, Yuko, jogging towards him. He smiled lightly in a polite manner as he saw her, making her grin.

"What's up Yuko?" He asked, still walking but slowing down his strides. Yuko proceeded to talk, not walking as fast but still trying to grip her breathe, "I need a favor."

"Favor?"

Yuko had nervous dripping from her words, from her presence really which [Your Name] sensed, so he stopped walking. That caused the kendo manager to stop too, noticing he had halted.

"What is it? I don't mind."

The tension rolled off her shoulders as she smiled once more, "Please ask the transfer to join the club. If he says no, he does, don't pressure him. That's all. Thanks!" And with that she left, leaving the boy behind to continue. As he walked slowly down the first floor right hallway, he came across another club member he knew.

"Keisuke." Said boy jumped a bit before turning to the voice.

When he saw who spoke, he simply smiled before sauntering over.

"Hey [Your Name]-kun! Still doing work at this time?"

The [hair color] haired boy simply grinned before speaking, "There's a lot to be done, my friend. Plus, I still have clubs to attend, so don't even think this is hard." 'Don't forget that I experience a whole different hour complete with monsters and crazy cancer patients...'

"I can only imagine. Well, I won't hold you up long, get home quick as well. If you work too long, you'll get tired then you'll get sick." The glasses bearing boy stated, concern wrapped in his voice.

"Wouldn't want that would we?" The grin never wavered, even with the thoughts he had. "I am the best player in the music club after all."

That concern Keisuke had immediately disappeared with his next words, "Yeah right, you would be the lead violinist then. I'll see you soon." With that, Keisuke left with [Your Name] still having to drop off the stack of papers that was starting to make his arms ache. He probably had a million paper cuts by now, even so, he continued to do work until sundown.

---
4/7 - Tu
Evening
Next: 2

When [Your Name] got back, he was tired, to say the least. The strenuous amount of work he had on his platter really was going to get him one day. He turned to see Minato walking towards the stairs when he felt that he was forgetting something important.

Shrugging it off, he went towards the kitchen for a quick snack. Other than that, he got to his room to do homework. Afterward, he went to bed, dreading the upcoming days of battle.

---
4/8 - Wed
Early Morning
Next: 1

The day started off slowly and it had been a constant routine that [Your Name] already got tired of. He had wanted a spark of something different, spontaneity perhaps. The fight was soon, he just didn't know exactly when and it irked him greatly.

He got up, changed into his winter uniform, and left his room. There was something bland about his coffee that morning that he couldn't finish off about it. It made him feel like the lava would begin to bubble up and would never settle.

He had watched the news and had known that Apathy Syndrome was at its peak, probably due to that unnerving feeling in his gut. He put his cup away and walked to school with Yukari and Minato.

---
4/8 - Wed
Lunchtime
Next: 1

The council work piled up but he just sped through it, his back already hurting from sitting up straight for too long. When evening struck, he would go to bed early. He didn't feel the best probably because of the nights he spent during the Dark Hour, leveling up his persona so he could learn more skills.

He just got tired quicker than most, that's all. He'd probably get over it in a week or two of basic stretching and exercise if Akihiko didn't invite him to train that is. The older teen's training regime was crazy in its own way, even if it helped both get remarkably stronger. It would be nothing if they were exhausted in the end.

---
4/8 - Wed
After School
Next: 1

School ended and [Your Name] was probably sick already. He felt tired by the end of the day, and he did not want to visit that weird nurse Edogawa. He had a small bit of council work as well as helping out some club managers with heavy labor. Plus, there was the upcoming battle he had to prepare for. He just needed to get through it all before he can relax again.

"Hey, [Your Name]."

The boy turned and saw a concerned Keisuke looking at him, the concern a giveaway considering he didn't add any suffix to his name. He could tell that he was more tired than usual, his limbs felt heavier than they should've been, and his eyes probably had tiny crescents underneath them. As the other male looked at his disheveled form, he held the portfolios in his hands loosely. He hated this burden he carried so often.

Forcing a smile on his face, which wasn't the most convincing, "Keisuke, do you need something?" Keisuke's face contorted to a frown and he took the manila folders from his hands.

"You should go home, you're sick." Keisuke's frown started to turn into an unconvincing smile that seemed angrier than anything else, "It's better that you head home now."

[Your Name] only sighed before leaving with a wave of a hand. He couldn't argue with that compelling argument. He was already on the edge of sickness yet he wanted to push through not just for school since it was the beginning of the year, but for SEES as well.

As he dragged his legs home to the dorms, he realized that he'd have to visit his parents sometime soon. He hadn't seen them in so long that he felt worried. Last time he checked, his father was on the verge of contracting Apathy Syndrome.

He felt terrible that his dad was going through something and the one thing he did was get sick and deal with his own problems. He probably wasn't selfish, but he liked to think his father and mother deserved more than a faking, forgetful son. He was just thankful he had a nice family, better than some other kids' condition.

---
4/8 - Wed
Evening
Next: 1

As he opened the door, he was greeted by Ikutsuki and Yukari in the lobby which triggered a lazy wave from the male as he sauntered over to them, sitting down on the couch against the wall. "What are we waiting for?" [Your Name] asked, his voice groggy enough for Yukari to notice, but not enough for her to dwell on it.

Ikutsuki smiled a bit before speaking, "The transfer student. I was hoping to introduce myself." That made the younger male snort, catching Yukari's attention, "What's funny?" The boy wasn't sure if it was scrutiny or a way for her to tell him "He's the chairman, one wrong move and you're dead." just by two words.

"Nothing." He shrugged his shoulders before draping an arm over his eyes, "He's a bit quiet though, so if he doesn't really say anything, don't push him." That made Ikutsuki's smile wider and Yukari to smile a bit, but only Yukari spoke, "At least you both are getting along." All [Your Name] could do was hum and stay seated, way too tired to get up or deny her assumption.

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal Minato himself. As he walked in, he noticed the trio and turned to face them, his hands going out of his pockets at the notice of the high-authority man. Ikutsuki smiled that gentlemanly smile that radiated that aura of "chairman" at the sight of him.

Kicking off the conversation, he spoke, "Good evening. My name is Shuji Ikutsuki. I'm the Chairman of the Board for your school." With a pause before speaking, he chuckled a little, " "Ikutsuki" ...hard to say, isn't it? That's why I don't like introducing myself. Even I get tongue-tied sometimes..."

Gesturing to the couches and pausing again before speaking. It seemed like a routine he constantly pulled, "Please, have a seat."

Yawning slightly, the boy on the couch got up slowly, drifting towards the stairs gradually. "Where are you going?" Yukari asked from behind him -his only answer being hazy that he couldn't remember it right after saying it- before he continued his trek up the stairs. When he reached his room, he just laid on his bed like a starfish, too tired to change.

Once he hit his pillow, his heavy eyelids finally closed. And he slept until he had to wake up.

---
4/9 - Thurs
Early Morning
Next: Full

He woke up with snot driven in his nose. He felt hot and sweaty, by best, he would be exhausted by the end of the day. Reaching for his phone, even if the alarm hadn't gone off yet, which he knew would go off any second, he grabbed it and pulled up his messages.

Sent to Mitsuru-Stone-Cold-Kirijo

Sent from Eurydice's bby

Mitsuru, I don't think I can make it to school today.

Sent to Eurydice's bby

Sent from Mitsuru-Stone-Cold-Kirijo

Why?

Sent to Mitsuru-Stone-Cold-Kirijo

Sent from Eurydice's bby

I feel sick, don't want the whole student body to experience this, yeah?

Sent to Eurydice's bby

Sent from Mitsuru-Stone-Cold-Kirijo

Hmm, okay. I'll see what I can do about this absence.

Sent to Mitsuru-Stone-Cold-Kirijo

Sent from Eurydice's bby

Thx, text ya later.

Humming, although it sounded very sickly, he pondered about why he chose to you "Thx" rather than "Thank you." In the end, he disregarded it as him being too lazy to spell out the whole thing and plopped his phone down on his bed. He just hoped he would be prepared in time for the fight.

Closing his eyes, he experienced another dream. But this one seemed much less familiar.

---
4/9 - Thurs
Evening
Next: Full

"Welcome to the Velvet Room, dear- oh... Something unprecedented indeed..."

A voice creepy but soft at the same time, added in with a bit of laughter... or was it chuckling? As he slowly opened his eyes to see blue. Blue everywhere, everything. Blue draperies covering blue doors, some were misplaced in a brown color though, blue carpet, blue table, and blue dressed people.

Was that even a person?

Other than the other chair that had a lyre, harp thing as a backrest next to him, he saw other objects. He sat in another chair, flashes of light passing by as a large clock on the back wall ticked down. An unknown, golden object near the weirdly dressed lady.

She held a rather large book in her hand, next to her on the couch was the voice who spoke. His ears pointed, most hair being behind his face. His eyes seemed to bulge, his hands stuck in a permanent stance.

"You aren't what fate planned, yet here you are. Perhaps fate can indeed be changed."

Well someone seemed enthusiastic here.

"E-Excuse... ahem- me?"

"You seem quite startled, let me introduce myself. I am Igor, it is very nice to meet you. This is my assistant, Elizabeth."

"Pleased to meet you."

All he could do was stare and stare and stare. He wasn't confused, nor was he freaked out, he was... aware. He glanced at the woman for second before moving his gaze to the old man, he had questions.

"Where...? Am I in that... Velvet... Room place you mentioned... Igor?" His eyebrows furrowed in suspicion.

All Igor could do was chuckle, the boy was very perceptive. He didn't know how the boy was in his world, but he had a feeling that he usually never showed that side of himself.

"Yes indeed, guest. I shall have you sign the contract, that is the only way to access this Velvet Room once more."

He could feel Igor's smile get wider in a... happy way perhaps? Just as the old man said, a contract with a single slip of paper had appeared on the blue covered table in front of him. Next to it was a pen that had a feather attached, yet it wasn't a quill.

Not minding all too much, he got up and grabbed the pen. Reading the contract, he hummed, still pondering over what Igor meant by once more.

Time shall and will never wait.

It delivers us all equally to the same end.

Or does it?

I hereby agree to have responsibility for thine own actions.

I chooseth the role of fate and the role to change the fate of any in unnoticeable, noticeable, intentional, or unintentional ways.

Signature Block _____________________

Writing his name in a quick flourish, he put the pen back and sat in the same chair. Igor chuckled again, "How very interesting indeed."

As the contract disappeared, so did the room. Before vanishing completely, he heard a sentence that made him shiver, "Till we meet again, dear guest. May you come back with the Wild Card."

---
4/9 - Thurs
Dark Hour
Next: Full

"-ame]. [Las-...ame]. [Last Name]-... copy? [Last Name], do you copy?"

Opening his eyes to view his blurry yet clearly green surroundings, he mumbled a raspy yes that made his throat itch. Sitting up and grabbing his evoker and armband, he walked out of his room only to feel the building shake.

An earthquake? At this intolerable hour? Right after that oddly realistic dream as well. Shaking his head to make sense of what Mitsuru was saying exactly made him dizzy and light-headed, but he understood the important part of her message, "-Arisato someplace safe."

Rasping out a roger and clumsily walking to Minato's room, in which he met with Yukari in the short distance, he rapped his door before Yukari shouted, "Wake up!!" After a split second of silence, Yukari speaks again, "Sorry, I'm coming in!" Unlocking the door with the key she had, she barged into Minato's room. He stood up in his uniform, staring idly at her with a questioning look. Yukari gestured wildly, "I don't have time to explain. We have to get out of here, now!" Minato tilted his head, still carefree, "What's going on?"

The building rumbled once more, making [Your Name] grip onto the hall lights for stableness as well as making Minato and Yukari get into a more firm position. Yukari wasn't going to answer his question though, "Hurry! Downstairs! We'll leave through the back door!" Before continuing further, Yukari stopped herself, "Wait! ... Take this, just in case." Walking towards the bluenette, she held out a short sword which he hesitantly took.

"If you both are done," [Your Name] said, knowing there was barely any time left, "we should get going." Yukari turned and nodded, "Let's go!" Yukari led the way, the two boys following behind, only one person -who was the least qualified- had a weapon. Their situation wasn't the best at the moment, with the competent ones fighting something off away from the useless ones so they can escape.

Suddenly, the building began to shake. Almost falling down the stairs, [Your Name] grasped onto Minato's wrist to ensure that the blue-haired boy didn't fall, "Steady yourself." Letting go, all three continued to run before another tremor caught them off guard. "We're almost there!" Yukari shouted, reaching the back door sooner than expected.

Panting slightly, they stood firmly, "Alright, we should be safe now--" Yukari was interrupted by the communication devices going off. Mitsuru spoke, "Takeba, [Last Name], do you read me!?" Yukari and Minato lost stance, whilst the other boy sighed. "We do, what Mitsuru?" Mitsuru's voice sounded urgent, "Be absolutely careful! There is more than a single enemy! And the one we're fighting out here isn't the one Akihiko saw!"

[Your Name] tilted his head, 'Since when...?' Yukari looked more shaken than both the boys combined, "What!?" Suddenly, a loud bang resounded from the back door. The other two stood around in a clueless manner, "Let's get moving, Yukari!" [Your Name] commanded, the girl nodding at the firm authority in his voice, even with his voice as raspy as it was. 

As they ran, more bangs knocked on their initial escape route, driving them further away. Running upstairs, the trio got disturbed by another earthquake like rumble. Suddenly, a hand appeared right by the window they so happened to be at. The hand connected to the first full moon shadow.

"[Your Name]-kun! Minato-kun!" The former immediately pushed Yukari away. In that exact moment when the glass broke, Minato blinked.

---

Was it good? I hope it was. I spent a long time on this specific chapter, it takes long especially when you have to look up content to specifically match what is happening. At first, I didn't want to add any suffixes to any names. I figured since the reader is semi-disrespectful, he skips them. Plus, he's studying the English language and gets in the habit of not using them.

Otherwise, everyone else in the original game uses them with peers, stuff like "kun" and "chan." Anyone older, take Ikutsuki for example, will be referred to with "Mr." rather than "san" while older students like Mitsuru will be referred to with "senpai." I find it agitating, but I want to stay as true as possible to the story while giving it my own twist. I don't usually do this with any other stories though.

-Unedited-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 259 20
The Great Seal- the seal that divides Erebus and Nyx from Humanity. It was meant to keep the chaotic deity from escaping and bringing the 'Fall'. The...
3.6K 92 37
Kirishima has grown feelings for his best friend, Katsuki Bakugo. The bakusquad thought it would be a good idea to get them all together for a sleepo...
415K 11.9K 33
You are the younger cousin of Hinata Shoyo and has moved to Tokyo to pursue your degree. When you arrived at the given address, you were greeted by a...
38.4K 496 33
Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. A boy transferring to a school in Japan hoping to leave his past life behind and to catch...