She Said, She Said...(girlxgi...

By cravingjanet

It would take so much to keep this bomb from dropping and destroying Zane's world. Toni Braxton as Olivia Jan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

274 10 6
By cravingjanet

Mind Games

Zane

I woke up to the sound of Olivia's voice. The doctors were there to examine me. Honestly I'm scared about what they're going to tell me. I can't remember a thing. I don't know how I ended up here. Hell I don't even know what day it is. I'm just ready to get out of here.

Olivia

"Zane, baby, you have to wake up. The doctor's are here to see you." I watched as she opened her eyes slowly. I stood back as the doctor examined Zane.

"How are you feeling today, Zane?" She looked at him and answered reluctantly.

"I'm f-fine." She stuttered. I noticed she was nervous. I thought to myself she had nothing to worry about. I was the one that should be nervous.

"Can you look at this light for me?" The doctor asked her as he checked her eyes. Everything seemed to be fine until he began to ask her questions.

"What year is it Zane?" She pauses before she guessed at the question.

"2017." She eased out. I was concerned because it was 2018. She did just wake up from a coma so the year wasn't that important. I waited as the doctor asked her more questions.

"Do you know why you're here?" The doctor asked. Zane searched for words to say but only one came out.

"No." I was puzzled by her answer. How could she not remember the accident? I didn't doubt her just yet. Then the doctor gave her one final question.

"How long have you and Ms. Olivia been together?" Zane looked at me and tilted her head to the side. She saw how worried I was. She slowly turned back towards the doctor and answered his question.

"Together? We just met yesterday after I woke up." That was the most shocking thing I've heard come out of her mouth today. The doctor looked at me. The only thing I could do was wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Baby I know we're going through a tough time but I know you remember how long we were together. So, stop being upset with me and just be honest with the doctor sweetie." Zane stared at me for a second and exhaled.

"Olivia I'm serious. We just met yesterday. I honestly don't know why I'm here. Doc can I just go home." She looked at the Doctor as he wrote on the chart.

"Olivia can I speak with you for just a second." I followed behind him quickly. I knew this couldn't be good.

"Zane's concussion from the accident is causing amnesia. She can't remember the time you two have spent together which makes me believe it's retrograde amnesia. She remembers your name so that's good because it's not anterograde amnesia. She can hold short term information and store it for long term information." I stood there in silence as the doctor explained everything to me. When he was finished I asked him a few questions.

"So how long will this last?" I spoke in a low register.

"I'm not sure. Zane's brain has to heal itself on its own. It's just a waiting game at this point." I sighed as I felt my heart sink.

"What about surgery?" I asked.

"I want to avoid surgery. It's very high risk and if it isn't a success she can have permanent memory loss." I hung my head and cried harder.

"I'm so sorry. I wish there was more I could do." The doctor expressed with sorrow. I stared at her from the other side of the door and exhaled.

"Yeah me too." I mumbled. I knew this was all my fault. Why didn't I just talk to her about it? I loved Zane but I've seen good relationships go bad. I needed more than love to trust her. I needed more than 3 years to show me that she wouldn't cheat on me. I told myself that I would not play the fool like my mother and I meant that. Now look at where it's gotten me. I walked back into the room to explain to Zane everything that was going on.

"So I was in a car accident? Now I have amnesia." She looked at me curiously.

"Yes, a car hit you at an intersection. The impact was so bad that you had a concussion and now you have amnesia." I know I should've told her the truth but this was like a clean slate for us. I know it's wrong but I can't have her upset with me again. I just got her back.

"So now you are getting discharged and I'm taking you back to school. I'll take care you from there." She simply said okay. Then I gathered her things from the room. She proceeded to get dressed. When we were both done we made our way to the car. Thomas was waiting for us.

"They told me that they were discharging her today. I don't want her with you." Thomas snarled.

"Zane go get in the car." I handed her the keys and she hopped in. She didn't remember who Thomas was so she didn't acknowledge him.

"Why did she walk pass me like I'm a ghost? Why isn't she upset with you? Olivia what's wrong with my auntie?" He screamed as he got closer to me.

"Calm down. She has amnesia. The crash caused her to have a nasty concussion. This caused the coma and amnesia. I didn't tell her about what happened between us. This could be a clean slate for us. I just need you to be on board. " Thomas looked at me with tears in his eyes. I reached my arms out to comfort him but then he had his hands wrapped around my throat. I was gasping for air. Then Zane got out of the car.

"I'll kill you!!! This is all your fault!!" With every word the tighter his grip became. I was starting to black out until air hit my lungs like a ton of bricks. As I was regaining my strength, I saw Zane pushing Thomas away from me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She yelled at him. He looked at her with pain in his face.

"Auntie it's me. Thomas. Your nephew." He cried out. She looked at him and came out of defense mode.

"My nephew would never put his hands on a woman." She said to him. Then she proceeded to help me up.

"Are you okay?" I shook my head yes and got in the car. She made sure I was okay once more before she got in on the passenger side. Thomas watched as we left the hospital. I knew he was hurting but I needed to have a decent conversation with him. I can't believe he tried to kill me. We sat in silence on the way back to the school. I thought about how I was going to handle this new adjustment. I had no choice but to deal with whatever happens from this point on.

Zane

We pulled up to the school and gathered my things. Olivia showed me my room. I looked at all the pictures of us on my nightstand. I looked so happy with her. Maybe she really was my girlfriend. I just can't make myself remember. I groaned in frustration.

"Can we get rid of these pictures until I start to remember?" I can tell she was hurt by what I said but she complied. I felt bad but everything is just going to upset me. After we got adjusted we talked for awhile. Then there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and it was the boy from the hospital. I grabbed him by his collar and pinned him to the wall.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he squirmed between my hands.

"Zane please. I'm just going to talk to Olivia. I promise I won't touch her."

"If you think I'm going to leave you in here with her you're out of your damn mind." Olivia came and put her hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay Zane. I'll be fine. Give us a minute." She said and I dropped him like a sack of potatoes. I went out into the hall and met someone new.

Olivia

"I'm sorry about my violent outburst at the hospital. It's just that she's the only person I have." I knew exactly how he felt. I couldn't be upset with him.

"It's okay Thomas. I understand how you feel. I'm glad you came because we need to discuss the accident. I didn't tell her about it. I told her someone else hit her. I just need to win her back and this is my only chance." He looked at me and sighed.

"Fine I won't tell her but if you hurt my aunt one more time I—" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"I won't. I promise. You know I love her. I just went about the situation entirely wrong and now I have to fix it."

Zane

"I'm sorry." That's all I could say after I collided with one of the prettiest girls I laid eyes on. Her dark brown eyes pierced through my soul and her smile was to die for. Apparently she knew me because she was extremely excited to see me.

"Zane! Thank God you're okay." She said as she hugged me tightly. I didn't hug her back. She pulled away and looked at me.

"And you are?" I asked and she looked at me as if I had offended her.

"It's Ebony. I thought you would be more upset with me." I was so confused at this point. I really wished I knew what was up.

"Upset about what? Look, I have amnesia so I'm not really following." She flashed me with a devious smile.

"Oh that explains a lot. She whispered. Well I'm Ebony. We used to be close. If you ever want to hang out here's my number." She wrote her number in my hand and kissed my palm leaving behind a vibrant red lipstick.

"Call me." She winked as she walked away. I watched her as her hips swayed from left to right. I was mesmerized by her body until she disappeared from my sight. I was soon disrupted from my trance as Thomas left the room. I went back in to check on Olivia.

"Hey you ready to get some rest?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She gazed into my eyes and I knew she was expecting a kiss. I just wasn't ready yet.

"Olivia you know I'm not ready." I slowly moved her arms from around my neck. I had been hurting her feelings all day the least I could do was sleep with her. She started to walk towards the door until I called her back.

"Where are you going? We can at least still sleep together." Her eyes lit up as we hopped in the bed together. She cuddled up close to me and I held her. Hopefully my memory comes back soon. Olivia is sweet but she has some competition.
————————————————————————
Read, Comment, Vote and Share TY!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
142K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
70.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
284K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...