Little Bird || Kuroshitsuji ||

By chrissy531

Rei White, a hopeful student brimming with dreams and contagious excitement, found himself running late for g... More

Character description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Christmas special
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 31

2.6K 89 116
By chrissy531

That's right!!!! IM BACKKKK! My school gave us a break and I decided that I have the motivation and the energy to update!!!!! I hope you enjoy because this is going to be a long one to make up for the time I didn't update!

~~~~~~~~~

Rei's POV

Taking my first step onto the boat, my now black hair flows behind me as I turn around and wave, "Bye everybody!!!"

"Have a safe trip!" Finny exclaims back.

"M-Make sure to enjoy it! Yes, have fun!" May-Rin calls out.

"Don't cause too much trouble you rascals!" Bard shouts, giving Kyle and I a pointed look.

Kyle chuckles, "Don't worry! We WILL!!!" Grabbing the back of my cloak, he drags me away to catch up with Sebastian, Ciel, and Snake; who had recently joined our little party.

"Ho-ho-ho."

"Don't worry Tanaka, I'll make sure Ciel goes to bed on time!" I call out to the non-chibi Tanaka behind me while laughing.

"Aw, little Ciel still has a bed time~" Kyle coos teasingly.

Ciel grows a tic on his forehead and raises his fist, "What did you say bastar-"

"Now, now, this is suppose to be a semi-enjoyable trip." I say popping up between the two rivals and giving the classic [If you two don't behave, I'm not afraid to embarrass the both of you] smile.

My ears twitch. The sound of thumping footsteps rush in behind me.

The boat already departed, what human is crazy enough to try and jump to catch the boa-

My thoughts are cut off as I smoothly move out of the way to avoid getting landed on. "Whew! Made it just in time! I'm on the board, all according to the plan so-" He pulls off his hat, me and Kyle's eyebrows raise. A reaper?

"Wind in our sails! The future is looking bright- For us, that is." The mysterious reaper says to himself.

I look at Kyle sweat dropping. "That's some serious foreshadowing happening in just one sentence-" Kyle nods along, also sweat dropping "....how much do you want to bet that this ship is going to ironically hit a giant iceberg and sink to the bottom of the ocean?"

Kyle looks at me and smirks, "Oh?-" he looks around to make sure Ciel, Sebastian, and Snake were distracted, "I'm betting 200 red gems on it."

A childish feeling rises up in my chest and I welcome it whole heartedly as I lean in, "Pshh, scared of loosing a few gems? Step it up. I bet 700 gems."

Kyles eyes widen. He lets out a large laugh, throwing his head back before grabbing my head into a noogie. "It's nice seeing a childish side to you after such a long time! It seems coming here to this realm wasn't so bad after all! You're finally starting to become rebellious!"

I roll my eyes at Kyles antics and make my way over to the rest of the group. "And we have started departing!" I announce as I pop up behind Snake.

"Yes, what lies ahead... is known only to the great ocean." Ciel says as he dramatically stares off into the distance.

Kyle sweat drops and puts an arm over my head as he points at me. "Uh.. did you forget that we have the living cheat over here with us?" I let out a sigh and slip out of his grip, flicking his forehead I scold him.

"I'm not a cheat! And I can't look into the future!.... But-" My eyes trail off, "I do have a good idea on what is most likely going to happen..." I say as I refer to the little bet between me and Kyle. After all, its also hard to ignore the smell of death coming from below the deck. I wonder if I am the only one that has noticed.....

'''He is definitely a cheat.''' Snake, Ciel, and Kyle think to themselves as they look at the oblivious blond.

______Time skip______

Kyle glares at the man sitting on the other side of me.

"So in other words, you're saying that they are reviving the dead there." Ciel confirms.

"That's right." Lau confirms as he lifts the fork with a slice of food to my mouth.

Subconsciously I lean forward and eat it without hesitation. As I realize what I did, my eyes widen a bit. Ah... he tricked me. There was an unknown food and by impulse of curiosity of how it tasted.... I ate it without hesitation. Indeed, he is a dangerous human.

Kyle looks at him accusingly and voices out my thoughts, "Don't trick Rei like that!"

Lau smiles like a crafty fox, "I did nothing of the sort, I offered him a bite and our little fishy took the bait."

I sweat drop, Oi Oi, why am I being compared to a fish?!

Leaning my head on the palm of my hand, a calm aura surrounds me. So... humans have started attempting to revive the dead? I doubt it... they are not that capable, yet. If my assumption is correct... there is another supernatural being behind this. And my bet is that we will find out very soon...

____Flash back_____

"What.... what are you guys wearing?" Ciel asks as he eyes the three of us.

I grin and push up my fake glasses causing them to reflect the light. "Why, I read in a text book from your library. When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Kyle poses with his glasses next to me. Sebastian looks at me and his lips tighten. He strides overs to me. Lifting up a lock of my hair he points out that the people in this realm do not naturally have such appearances.

I look in the mirror and observe my appearance. I frown, my looks are too noticeable... so is Kyles unnaturally blue hair. "Kyle." The said person looks at me.

"Hmm?"

"Remember the thing we were taught back in our classes?" I inquire.

Kyle looks like he thinks really hard before we all practically heard the 'Ding!' as he remembers. "Ah! That's right!"

I nod, "Our looks are too noticeable. Long blond hair and pastel blue are apparently not exactly the most ordinary appearance here in this realm. We should change them if we are going under cover..." I look at my long blond hair. I sigh, muttering a few words my hair color changes from the roots down and my hair seems to go to my knees instead of touching the ground. Kyle follows my lead and his hair turns a caramel brown color. Glancing in the mirror once again, my blond; almost white hair turned black and became shorter for convenience.

(Rei and Kyle's hair transformation above, these pictures are not my own)
""Eh?" Sebastian and Ciel look at us, eyes wide.
We tilt our heads, "What?"
Ciel grows a tic mark "Why didn't you do this sooner?"
I shrug, "You never said anything about it. Plus I love my hair, why would I change it unless necessary? Also this is temporary. It only last for so long so we have about a month or so before it wears off..."

"Are we going to address the main topic or are we going to continue to discuss our hair like little girls?" Kyle asks successfully bringing us back to the main topic.

Sebastian clears his throat, "The hospital has opened a secret association called the Aurora Society. Their motto is: 'The complete salvation for mankind through medicine.' They collect donations from nobles and hold presentations for the results of their experiments regularly. However, I could not find any trace of evidence of the slaves."

"As expected, we will have to search within the Aurora Society itself." Ciel contributes.

"Ohhh, so that's why we have to go on a cruise thingy! Because the Society is meeting up there!" Kyle says as the light bulb in his head lights up when the pieces finally connect together for him. I sigh, How he got past 8th grade angelic classes is still a mystery to me...

____Flash back over and time skip___

"Ciel..." a soft voice calls out. We all look over to see Elizabeth, Ciel's fiancé. "When I invited you, you said it's not possible." She isn't super loud this time? welp. might as well help the man out...

I throw an arm over his shoulder, "He kept telling us how he wanted to surprise you!" Kyle nods along, pretending to agree with what I just said.

Elizabeth jumps forward and leaps into Ciel's arms. "You took a vacation for my sake! I'm so happy!"
"Elizabeth, please do not display such indecent behavior in public!" A woman in a purple dress scolds.

"Mom's right Lizzie-" He glares at Ciel "Moreover, I still haven't acknowledged you as my brother-in-law.-" he points at Ciel "So get off of her!"

"Ohhh. So that's Elizabeth's family!" I exclaim as I look over at Kyle. He nods, sweat dropping.

"And it seems that Elizabeth gets it from her father." Kyle points out and I turn around to see a giant blond man hugging Ciel to death.

"Ah-" I look at Sebastian, "Me and Kyle are going to go to our room, you guys have fun!"

"Ehhh, Rei is that you? You changer your hair!!!"
I sweat drop, "Elizabeth, yes I changed it but it will only last for a while. It happened because of....-"
Kyle chips in "-A science experiment! Me and Rei were working on something and it kind of backfired on us... ahahahaha."

"Oh! Kyle your hair too! Too bad... hopefully it wears off soon!"
"Indeed, well Kyle and I are going to rest a while in our room. We shall meet again." I say bowing slightly and walking off with Kyle.
We both let out a breath that we were unknowingly holding. "So our room is room number 0007?" I ask as I hold up the two keys that we were given. Kyle shrugs, "It seems so."

Opening the room door we noted that it wasn't anything impressive but it was comfortable and was a 1st class room so we did not complain. I fall onto the bed and snap my fingers, our luggage appearing just as Kyle closes the door behind him. "Honestly, you say that you aren't a cheat but you have a insane amount of magic storage."

I roll onto my back, "You know its not my storage amount, if you listened in class more then you would know how to do it too~" He sticks his tongue at me and I let out an airy laugh.

___2 days later____

"Ciel, I'm bored..." Kyle complains for the 5th time, a gloom cloud above both Ciel and Kyles heads. One man down by boredom. Another man down by annoyance.

"Mm, cake." I mumble out as I munch on the cake slice, only to have it taken out of my hands. My cheeks puff out and I glare at Sebastian who is now holding my cake.

"We wouldn't want you getting cavities now. Its been your 6th slice, eating that many sweets is no good for your heath." He lectures.

I pout, "I don't get cavities! Now hand me back the cake."
He raises an eyebrow.
"Please." I add in.
He looks like he is considering before his eyes narrow as if he is getting pleasure from stealing my cake, "How about... no." A gloom cloud appears above me and mushrooms start to grow. Third man down.

I look over at a man walking around with an empty glass. Ah, so that must be the signal.
Just as I see it, Sebastian voices my thoughts. "The signal for opening the Aurora Society's meeting is a waiter walking around the hall carrying empty glasses."

"""Lets go.""" The three of us (Kyle, Ciel, and Rei) say as Ciel hands Snake his plate and Sebastian hands him my cake. I frown but know that there will always be more cake after this...

____Time skip____

"There is no way I would ever do that." I state firmly.
"You must. If you do not, then they will know that we are outsiders." Sebastian says seriously.

My face becomes slightly red. Kyle curses under his breath, "Damn humans and their stupid quirks."
I look at him and deadpan, "You were human once too."
"Well then, shall we get going."

I sigh along with Kyle and we nod.

Walking into the room, I automatically feel suffocated. I cover my nose and mouth and try not to hurl. Kyle pats my back and lets me lean on him for support. "The smell of death is strong..." I mutter as I try not to hurl from the rotting smell.

A man comes up to us holding a glass, "The first time, I suppose."

I start to feel even more sick from what's about to happen.
"Th-the complete flame in our chest..."

"Shall not be extinguished by anyone."

"We are..."

I feel my dignity shatter as I limply lift my limbs with the others as we say "The Phoenix!"
My face turns bright red and steam starts to rise from my face. OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodICantBelieveIJustDidThat. I look over at Kyle and notice a slight blush on his face, but mostly annoyance.
The man mirrors our pose and screams "The phoenix! Welcome to the Aurora Society! These are your membership badges." He hands the badges to Ciel's shaking hands.

"My legs feel like jelly..." I mutter as I fall to my knees dramatically, utterly defeated. The man looks at me as asks Kyle whether I was okay or not.

"Ahahaha he's fine. Its just that he has a sensitive nose and something in the air must be bothering him..." Kyle covers for me and the man shrugs, walking away.

"Nufufufufufu!"

"Oh no..." Kyle sweat drops.

I look up to see Uncle, "To think you would do that!"

"Uncle!"

""""Undertaker!""""

"Saying 'the phoenix' with that serious face." He lets out more laughter before hugging me, "But Rei, of course was adorable as ever!" My face starts to go red again and my legs go limp under me. Undertaker takes this chance to lift me off of my feet. "Aw, it seems you have changed your hair color, it's not permanent I assume?"

"No.." I manage to get out, my eyes going swirly from the extreme heat that my head is producing.

"The Phoenix!" Shivers go down my spine and I hide in my uncles large cloak. IT is here.

I hear the over dramatic voice and I hide deeper in uncles cloak, Kyle helping by moving a bit in front so it would be less likely to spot me.

"He is coming this way."

I peak my head out and give a short "Good luck." before hiding again.
As the Viscount disappears, I let out a sigh and give uncle a hug of thanks before moving to the edge of the room with Kyle. "See you later, Rei." Uncle bids farewell for now and we watch the show before us.

"This-" My eyes widen and so does Kyles. We watch as the woman rises and my eyes narrow, "She didn't come back to life..."

Kyle looks at me in question. I fill him in, "She is still a corpse... Just a empty shell that can move..."

"I don't have a good feeling about this..." Kyle mutters.

I nod my head, "You and me both."

That's when the woman attacks her 'parents'. I hurl. The smell around me and seeing a woman be eaten alive... I throw up all of the cake that I ate earlier today. People start to panic and rush out screaming.

Ciel throws off his disguise and shouts Sebastian's name. Kyle and I whip out our weapons and the spell that we casted on our hair dissipates at the arrival of the release spell we use to hide the weapons in our bodies.

Sebastian throws three knives at the corpse and it falls back. "Is it dead?" Sebastian pushes Ciel back a bit.

"Not yet." Kyle mutters looking at the zombie remake.

The corpse starts the rise up in a familiar fashion and I look at Sebastian with a questioning glance.

He sighs, "No Rei. I am not remaking that scene again."

"What is going on?" Ciel questions, looking at the rising body horrified.

"I was sure that I stabbed her in the heart. This is a creature that I do not understand."

The scientists body guards start shooting at the body and I start to put the pieces together. The corpse targets the men and I watch as they just stand there, staring at the thing that is trying to kill them. "Haven't they heard of multitasking? Fighting and running at the same time?" Kyle questions the obvious.

The scientist runs away and Ciel calls out for him to stop. I look at the man and then at Ciel. "We can catch him later. Focus at the problem at hand first."

"How the hell are we supposed to take care of that?" Ciel inquires, hiding behind his demon butler.

"It seems that you should smash the corpses head-" I say as I piece together the information but am cut off by the sound of.... a lawn mower?

"These guys cannot be killed unless you smash their heads-" The reaper from before runs the garden tool into the corpses head, "Like this."

"Ah-" a sound escapes Kyles mouth as he recognizes the man/reaper.

"""You are-"""

"Ah, really, I knew she was dead. That's why I told them, I collected her properly. Totally unbelievable." The man mutters to himself in disbelief.

"Who are you?" Ciel asks.

Kyle sighs and face palms, "Ciel, after how many times have you encountered them? How is it possible that you still cant recognize a reaper?"

I watch the reaper collect the mother of the corpses soul and when he finishes he looks at us. His eyes meeting mine before scanning everyone else too. "That get up... Could it be, you're the rumored 'Sebas-chan' and 'Rei-chan'?" I sweat drop, So he is the red heads coworker?

He introduces himself as Ronald Knox.

"Ehhh so even the reapers don't know what's going on?" Kyle complains as he flips a few cards.

"I'm just the investigator. This thing here really is genuinely a corpse. Because I definitely got her soul 2 weeks ago."

"Well if we were up in the palace we would know, but noooo. I just had to fall down a hole that was conveniently under where I placed my foot." I mutter, Kyle sweat dropping at me.

"Lets go-" Ciel is cut off by Sebastian catching Ronald's garden tool.

"If the association catches wind of a demon being on board it will turn out very troublesome. And I'll totally pass on overtime. So wont you just vanish?" Ronald asks with a glint in his glasses.

"Um... since we aren't exactly demons, we'll be leaving with Ciel ahead of you. Catch up when you are finished with your girl talk, Sebastian." Kyle says as we head out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count of 3166.

Oh MY GODDDD. I am so sorry for not updating in so long. Please forgive meeee. its been like 2 months! But let me tell you, I'm actually supposed to be studying for midterms xP

Buttttt. I've neglected you guys for too long! So I will study in the morning lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this update! My writing style my have changed a bit but that's because we have this thing called book love and we have a quota of pages that we have to read from a book each week and mine is 400 pages (Kill me now) so I have finished around 15 (paper) books with different authors and such. Plus my language arts class is all about narrative writing and such so yah... there may be a few changes to my writing ;-; I'll try to update again soon my lovelies~

            ~The author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.5K 41
[UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING!] (Rankings: #566 in Ocs #242 in cielphantomhive #381 in Kuroshitsuji #726 in Action-Adventure) Sarah Blake is a 16 year...
18.2K 589 11
//COMPLETED// //Black Butler Fanfiction// //SebastianxReader// //Description// Y/N is a criminal who specializes in throwing knives, she is conniving...
351K 9.7K 47
[[OLD STORY, LOTS OF TYPOS]] A demon cannot love, they said. They're all evil, they said. But the true villains of all are humans. When a daughter o...
516K 19.5K 31
I was and I mean WAS a normal teenage girl going on twenty. Who loved all the normal things in life, sleeping in (most definitely not a early bird)...