Family Ties | JJK

Da thirstae-hyung

"Why can't you admit that you love me?" He begged. "Because in my world- in this world- love gets you killed... Altro

01: Chance Encounters
02: Save Me
03: Night Visits
04: Criminal?
05: 3 Questions
06: Home
07: Scared?
08: Side by Side
09: Sexual Tension
10: Sleeping Arrangements
11: Just a Kiss
12: Sweet Dreams
13: Like Magic
14: Beware his Wrath
15: Please Stay
16: Jimin's Vendetta
17: Your Embrace
18: Make Me
19: Painted Skin
20: Bloody Nightmares
21: Midnight Blue
22: Taken
23: Healing TaeTae
24: Don't Stop
25: Recovery
26: Family Ties
27: Hyperthymesia
29: Broken Boy
30: Fight or Flight
31: A Father's Tale
32: His Reminder
33: Night Of Pain
34: Never Leave Me
35: Stolen Voice
36: Touch (Smut Warning)
37: Twisted Message
38: Jungkook's Fight
39: An Exchange
40: Jimin's Love | Yoongi's Fear
41: The Devil's Deal
42: Double-Cross
43: Black with Evil
44: Game Over
45: Pandora's Box
46: Vantae | Agust D
47: Are You Scared?
48: Sweet Fang
49: 10 Seconds
50: 'I ran it'
51: Saved Me
52: Our Forever
53: Coming Home
54: Serendipity
55: The Spaces Between Us
56: Love Me Loudly
57: Love Languages
58: Shatter Me
59: All Our Pieces (18+)

28: Skin Deep

2.2K 116 25
Da thirstae-hyung

**

The members begin to find their voices, Yoongi and Namjoon had been the first to fully grasp at what you had said, but slowly the others reached the same point, and then they were talking between themselves, set off by one another, a chorus of voices.

'This is crazy, that story, unbelievable-' Unbelievable floats around your ears.

'What are the limits? If any.' Namjoon speculates in wonder.

'Just imagine-'

'Imagine?' Hoseok repeats in question.

'For our work...'

The boys speak over one another, a ripple of astounded voices, disbelief and surprise.

'Sales, charts, meeting... Everything-'

'We just need to use-'

You snap.

That word right there, 'use'.

Hadn't you been used your whole life?

A part of you cracks in that second and you can't help it. You're furious. You look at the boys around you like strangers. How could they? No, forget that.

How dare they.

Your furious and mad but also you're hurt that they did this.

You see the looks in their eyes, the wonder and glint of power you hold.

The look from all the men in your life, no different, and oh so devastatingly worse.

The look where they see you as an object, a tool, a possession... A look you were oh so used to from Kang Sun. But from them? You felt completely betrayed and stupid.

Their conversations carry on as background noise to the rushing in your ears, blood rising.

Your chest tightens and your breath catches, you wish it was a dream, like one of your nightmares, something you can wake up from.

But the hurt you feel is too real.

For once you felt like you wouldn't survive, this heartbreak you felt, it was new and it hurt you. That's why you were scared.

This betrayal from them wasn't like a gang fight, there at least you knew the game.

Instead, here you felt confused, hurt and betrayed. You didn't know how to handle it. You felt your control slipping. How cruel, only moments ago you had felt free and safe, surrounded by the start of something beautiful- A family.

How Kang Sun must be laughing at you. He was right, people made you weak, you were stupid and had let yourself forget it.

You watch them talk as if you're not there, too caught up within themselves. You wish you could pretend you never heard, maybe you could, in another world. In a world where you hadn't been raised as property, a thing to use for success and wealth.

You feel your anger rise and Jungkook stills beside you as if sensing the change.

The moment of stillness before the tide changes and before you know it you're stranded at sea, pulled out by the riptide, and you never saw it coming- the danger. But its upon you  now.

You burn and seethe, an uncontrolled flame.

And those around you are about to get burnt.

**

'Don't,' you begin with a devastatingly calm voice, 'say another word, any of you.'

Seven sets of eyes stare at you unblinking. Silent from the moment you opened your mouth.

The increasing tension threatened to burst and spill into the night, an avalanche created by all eight of you. You all collectively could feel the peak of the night approaching, and you knew it would not be pretty.

'Don't you ever talk about 'using me' again, or you won't see the next day, I promise you. I've faced it before, and won, not one of you has any fucking right to plan how to 'use' me. Understand?'

Your anger laces each word with venom and you have no control. You're sure you will regret the severity of your words tomorrow. But your reaction is skin deep, a defence you learnt over too many years being abused mentally.

You learnt to fight with your words and win.

But something is different. The boys in front of you don't look at you with the vicious evil you recognise, instead, they look painfully worried and guilty.

Tears almost threaten to escape from Jimin's eyes.

There is a second of silence where the boys begin to realise the weight of their words, and the irrevocable damage they have caused.

No words could fix this.

But still, Namjoon tries.

'Y/N I'm so sorry, we're all sorry, I don't know what to say. We were stupid and I can't believe we hurt you. I can't imagine how much what we did must have upset you.'

'Not upset, don't worry yourself, no big deal right?' Your self-defence kicks in, in the face of their emotion. This you can't deal with.

'Y/N, please,' a small whisper from Hoseok, whose face looked all the more terrible etched with sorrow rather than joy.

'I'm used to it, I don't deserve anything, so how did I expect nothing and still get disappointed?'

'I can't ever forget this, the way you all saw me for a second, too painfully similar to how my father, Kang Sun and every gang leader I've ever faced looked at me. The exact same look.'

You tremble with unrestrained emotion, and you're scared it will explode if you don't leave, and a small part of you doesn't want to disrespect them all. They gave you a roof over your head, clothes, memories and a home. You may be broken but so are they, you think. They all look as lost as you at this moment.

From next to you Tae tries to speak but your voice carries over him, you realise you can't stop your outpour. Turning towards his shining eyes for a second all you want to do is squeeze him in a cuddle he always managed to wind up sharing with you, no matter how much you grumbled (half-heartedly).

The memory is only more painful, no one could hurt you more than them you think, right now you can't even look at Jungkook for fear of total heartbreak.

Jin opens his mouth for the first time, but the voice that pleads with you is from someone else, someone much more worse.

Yoongi doesn't speak about emotions often, his actions speaking louder than words can, and those unspoken feelings get put into his lyrics.

But this time he fights for what he feels.

'Y/N, your angry, I understand too, I was angry at the world, for how I was treated as an idol rapper, how society labelled my band, but I was never angry at those around me who cared for me.'

'It's not the same,' you cut through, gritting your teeth at the unexpected openness.

'It is.'

He carries on, 'I know we made a terrible mistake, all of us,' the boys around him nod, 'but I know a lot of your anger right now is from all those years ago, pushing through now when you're so close to losing it all, your angry at them, the world, not us.' He pauses and gathers a breath, and the words that follow hit you where you're most afraid, 'don't run now, don't lose us, we're sorry.'

At this, he looks at you and you can't look away.

Tae and Jungkook edge closer to your trembling form.

Jungkook speaks for the first time and it is only a single word, he knows you too well, can see all the thoughts running through your mind, can sense the fear. He knows you're close to running.

He whispers into your ear, breath so closes it flushes your face.

'Don't.'

And that speaks more than any words so far tonight.

But your past was too alive still, living and breathing inside you.

Self-preservation urges you to run from the unknown.

You remember their words only moments before, and Kang Sun's evil voice whispers in your ear, 'people make you weak, and the weak die, we are not weak. We survive, we run and we fight.'

One too many years he manipulated you.

You were angry and betrayed, so you began to close off, but then they looked at you with regret and remorse and were fighting each other for you to listen to their apology.

You expected an argument, harsh words, insults that cut deep. That's what you were used to.

The situation had changed, this was an unseen development.

This acceptance and apology and sorrow from the boys was scary in a completely new way.

And in every deal when you were scared or unprepared, your alarms rang and you got the hell out.

This was no different.

You rose slowly and carefully, not letting your fear and hurt spill out like the first wave of a tsunami.

But that pain must have been evident because not one of the boys stayed sitting. They all rose with you and looked like they all had more to say- More words of regret that make you curl up like a wounded animal seeking defence.

One thing living in the Mob had not prepared you for? True, pure, real affection and care.

In a broken voice you cry out, 'I can't.'

You rise and run to your room.

So bitterly close.

Run. Survive.

**

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

803K 26K 76
Wrong place, wrong time. That's all it was. You never meant to witness what you did. You were willing to forget it and never speak of it again, but...
579K 35.6K 70
Jimin is a poor, innocent and gorgeous boy from busan balancing two hectic jobs while trying to survive in this cruel world with his dream of dancing...
1.7M 88.7K 47
Jungkook coldly abandoned his boyfriend Taehyung, only to hear shortly after that his former lover was murdered. Six years later, Jungkook is the hea...