Insomnia

By PirateNinja

"What will you do? When you find the person you want to take revenge on I mean." He asked me. A small bitter... More

Chapter 1:Adapting
Chapter 3:Running
Chapter 4: In the horizon

Chapter 2:Meeting another loner

30 2 0
By PirateNinja

Chapter 2

Aiming the gun and panting slightly, I sent a cold glare to the unknown guy standing only a few feet away from me. He had his hands up in a defensive stance. I still couldn't see him as he was in the shadows. I motioned the gun towards myself. "Step out of the shadows. Let me see your face." I commanded in an icy tone.

"Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." The guy said as he stepped into the light. I finally got a good look of him. He had shaggy blonde hair and blue eyes. He had a small nose, a square jaw and he was muscular. He was tall, about six foot two. He also wore a stained and ripped pair of jeans and a pair of runners Also, he wore a black t-shirt underneath a zip-up hoody. He gave me a sheepish smile, showing me straight white teeth.

He stepped forward, getting closer to me. I adjusted my aim on him, not trusting his words one bit. He took one step back in fear. "O-okay, can we just t-talk this out." He said to me. I intensified my glare at him and grunted.

"Get down on the ground." I said to him. He tried to step back. "I said get down on the fucking ground before I fucking shoot you!" The guy jumped and started to lay on the ground. He laid on his stomach with his hands over his head. Walking towards him, I put the gun to his temple. Putting my hand underneath his chin, I lifted his face up so I could get a better look at him. I kept a good aim with my gun against his head.

The guy looked at my face to see if I was going to shoot him or not. I grunted and glared even more. "Talk then." I said my voice as cold and horrifying as my gaze. I could see the guy start to sweat a little. "I'm sorry; we got off on the wrong foot. I only snuck in here wanting help, that's all.." He said. I must have had a look of anger on my face when he said that he snuck in my cabin, because he started to panic a bit.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just was curious to find you! You see, I've been alone for a few months, and no groups will take me in. So when I saw you alone, I was thinking; 'Huh, another loner. Maybe they can help me!'" He blabbed as he panicked. I started to lower my gun a little.

"What do you mean you are alone? You were left to die?" I asked him curiously. He nodded vigorously. "Y-yeah, I was abandoned by my previous group." He said. I lowered the gun to my side. I looked at him curiously instead of glaring at him, but I kept my defences up. I moved away from him and stood up. The guy started to calm down as he saw me lower the gun, he got on his feet.

Looking at him, I saw him start to be more confident. "So, what are you doing out here alone? This place is dangerous for a girl like you." He said to me. I chuckled darkly. "Says the one who doesn't have the gun here." I commented. The guy gave me a nervous smile. "Good point." The guy studied me with his blue eyes.

I looked back at him. "Then why are you here mister; 'I'm so tough even though right now I'm being held at gun point by a girl'" I smirked. He shrugged. "After being abandoned by my group, I headed towards the closest place I could find. This city was the place." He said. His voice was showing only slight signs of nervousness and fear.

An important question popped in my head. "How did you find me?" I asked him seriously, suspicion in my voice. He shrugged. "I was in that old school, camping out to hide from anything dangerous. Then through the window, I saw you looking at the school. I started to make my way to the entrance to see if I could talk to you. But you were already gone. Then earlier, I saw you again and ran after you." He told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Were you followed?" I asked him. He looked around the room nervously. "Where you followed here!" I yelled at him aiming the gun at him again. The question was so important, I needed to know. He yelped in surprise. "Answer me damn it!" I yelled in furry. He seemed to shrink on the spot. "N-no! I wasn't! I swear!" He cried out. I glared at him. He seemed to be telling the truth, but my instincts were still suspicious.

Lowering the gun again, I gave him a look of disgust. He looked back up at me, cowering slightly. "I-I'll repeat my question from before. Why are you here? This place is full of cannibals." He asked. I shrugged. "Because I'm not ready to leave yet." He gave me a look of confusion. "What do you mean by not ready to leave yet?" He asked. Sighing, I looked at his eyes. "I'll tell you later. But first, let's go eat something." I told him. The guy was surprised but nodded anyway. He followed me to the kitchen.

Frying up some of the rabbit meat that I had stored the day before, I served it up on two plates. One for me, the other for the stranger. The guy's mouth started to water at the sight and smell of the food. My gun was tucked safely in my waistband of my pants, the cold metal making my skin be covered with a few goose bumps. I had to make sure that he wouldn't try anything stupid. The blonde guy sat on one of the chairs I pulled up to the kitchen bench. When I handed it to him, he shovelled the food in his mouth.

"You act like you haven't eaten in ages." I commented as I sat on the other chair that was on near where he sat. The blonde gulped his food. "That's because I haven't." He said after he swallowed a large amount of meat. I raised my eyebrows a bit but he just kept eating. I started to pick at my food. I chewed every piece of meat slowly. An unsettling feeling was in my stomach.

"So why haven't you shot me yet? I know that's a stupid question, but I want to know." The guy asked me as he finished his food. I shrugged, feeling the cold metal of the gun from where I tucked it into the waist band of my pants, just in case. "Not sure. You haven't attacked me yet and also have no way to. Even though your bigger than me, I'm quicker, smarter and have a better shot with my gun." I told him. He gulped. "Y-yeah, true." He said a little nervously.

That was partially the true reason why I hadn't shot him yet. If he wanted to attack me, he would have done it already. This guy would never stand a chance against me anyways. I've had more training and experience in fighting then he might have. Not that I knew of anyway. Who knows what this stranger is capable of. But I'm pretty sure I had a better chance than he did in a fight. Giving him food might seem strange, but it was a kind thing to do, and I had very little kindness nowadays. The best thing I could do is feed him, give him a few points on how to survive, let him crash for a bit then set him on his way. This was the kind, no, human way to do it. It felt good because some days, I barely felt human at all anymore.

I still picked at my food slowly, taking my time. Food wasn't on my mind really as I had eaten earlier. But it seemed rude to cook only for him, so I didn't want to make him feel bad and think that he was eating all my food while I might be hungry. God this isn't like me. This seemed to annoy the guy because he looked like he looked as though he wanted to ask me something. I sighed in anger. "What's on your mind that you're so desperate to ask, your nearly falling off your seat?" I asked him with bitterness and a commanding tone in my voice.

He shrunk where he was. "Uh, my question from before. Why are you here for? Why aren't you 'ready to leave yet'?" He asked me. Taking a deep breathe in, I pushed my plate away before relacing the breathe. I looked at him with a serious look on my face. "You really want to know?" I asked him. He nodded and had a pleading look in his eyes. I sighed. "Fine."

Leaning back in my chair, I covered my hands over my face. Another sigh escaped from my lips as thoughts bounced around in my head so I could choose the right words to say. Moving back forward, I rested my arms on the cool bench top and locked eyes with this stranger, who I didn't know. "I'm here for a reason. I don't feel ready to leave yet." I started to explain, my voice flat. The guy leaned forward expectantly, wanting to hear more. "I'm not ready to leave yet because I need to get ready. Because there is someone I need to find, and I want to get revenge on them." I finished.

The blonde's eyes widened in shock. "Wow, that's pretty deep." He muttered. I just shook my head and muttered darkly. "Deep? Are you kidding me? That's all you can say after I told you something?" I asked him with a bitter voice and tone. The guy shrugged. "That's all I could think of really." He replied. I finished my dark chuckles with a sigh at the end before leaning back on my chair. My eyes looked to the ceiling to distract myself. "You don't know what deep is." I whispered so he couldn't hear it.

Cleaning up the dishes, I gave the remains of my meat to the blonde. He ate the remaining meat in what seemed like a second. The water was cold but I soaked the dishes in it. I knew it was bad to have dirty dishes in cold water, the germs and bacteria wouldn't wash off properly. But with the thought of this guy living with me for a while, I knew it would be hard to not waste hot water that was so hard to get. He'd want to shower which would use a lot of it.

"Okay, I'll set up a bed for you on the couch." I told him. He nodded and stood up while slinging a back-pack over his shoulders. When the hell did he have that? I thought to myself. Brushing it off, I went into one of the extra rooms and grabbed a blanket and a few pillows. Walking back to the lounge room, I saw him looking around the room. "Looking around the room won't make something appear."

He jumped lightly in surprise at my voice. "Jesus, you barley made any noise when walking. You scared the shit outta me." He whined. I rolled my dark brown eyes. I chucked the pillow and blanket on the couch and set it up for him to sleep. The blonde seemed just fine to watch me set up his sleeping spot while he sat on one of the bean bags. I had the suspicion he was looking at my ass.

"Okay, this is where you will sleep." I told him once I had finished. He nodded and stood up. "Nice job, thanks." He said before patting me on the back. My reaction was slow because I didn't expect him to touch my back so suddenly. I hissed through my teeth as pain shot up my back where he touched it. I smacked his hand away and jumped. He looked confused to why I had done that, or what he had done. I growled at him, showing how evident I was pissed off at him through my eyes and baring my teeth.

I furrowed my eyebrows down. "Don't, ever, touch my fucking back again. You got that!" I hissed and growled through my teeth. His eyebrows raised in fright. "I'm sorry! What did I do?" He asked in a state of panic. I shook my head. At him and to try and shake off the pain from the wound that he touched on my back. "I have something on my back that shouldn't be touched. So don't ever touch it." I said to him. So many thoughts could have gone through his mind about what was on my back, but I didn't care. Let his imagination run wild for all I care.

Nodding that he understood, the blonde gave me a curious look as if to try and figure out if I was still in pain or not. "Good, glad we have an understandment here." I said. Standing straight, I started to make my way to my room to retire for the night. Well, what was left of the night anyway. It would be morning soon and I needed to get some things ready for hunting. I wouldn't be able to sleep, I never did.

"Wait!" He called out from behind me. I sighed for what felt like the millionth time that night. "What the fuck do you want?" I snapped at him, annoyed. He had a look of hurt on his face, but I don't care. Swallowing, he stepped towards me a little. "What will you do? When you find the person you want to take revenge on I mean." He asked me. A small bitter and cold smile spread across my face. "Oh, that's easy." I replied, taking the gun out of my waistband and aiming it at him. "I'll kill him, just as easily as I can kill you right now."

A loud crash sounded through the room and broken glass littered the floors. I shielded my eyes with my arm briefly. Putting my arm down, I saw in just enough time to see a small bottle of alcohol with a rag that was burning cause half of the lounge room to be set on fire. I heard whoops and cries outside of the cabin as more bottles were thrown through the window. Cannibals. I instantly knew. Growling through my teeth, I glared at the blonde. "You said you weren't fucking followed!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohoo! Chapter 2! Hope you all like! When I wrote the main character to want revenge on someone, I felt like she was Sasuke from the anime Naruto. -_-. Oh well! Her name and the new guys name will be revieled next chappy! And the cannibals are there! Le Gasp! So to those who read this: Thnx. XOXO. And if you want:

*Vote

*Comment

*Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 22 79
In The Land, nobody has names. There are no such things as weddings, culture, ethnicities, or cities. In a post apocalyptic era, taking place in the...
723 100 33
The future is predetermined. It can't be changed. But who casts the future in stone? It's you, me, and every one of us. The iron grip of our fate doe...
31 3 1
Without warning it began! The inevitable, I think it's fair to assume this book is not in my possession. This means I'm most likely dead. Most nights...
138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...