The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 28: Life

25.5K 1.8K 2.2K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Life doesn't require that we have the best only that we try our best."
                              -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

The dungeons were quiet as Yoongi's heavy boots stomped through the stone carverns, his orange eyes lit with determination and confidence. His raven hair was swept back on his head and his right hand rested comfortably in the hilt of his sword.

His whole aura radiated one word.

King.

His posture was straight and his gaze was fierce, even though no crown of gold was set upon his head, he was a king.

He was a king, but he was not his father.

Yoongi's body stopped infront of the large wooden door that separated him from the cells of the prison, his heart thrumming loudly in his chest and his gaze steely.

He moved his eyes to meet the guard's, his head giving a slight tilt, informing the metal-clad man to unlock and open the door.

The loud creak of the door filled the prison as it was pushed open. Yoongi's boots made heavy footsteps as he walked into the prison, his tangerine gaze searching for one particular man amongst the cells.

"I knew you'd come and visit me sooner or later."

Yoongi stopped infront of a cell in the far right corner, his eyes moving over to Nathaniel's hunched over figure as he stared through the iron bars at the new Dragon King.

"Did you come to gloat?" He asked with a deep frown on his face. "Because I'm afraid I'm not in the mood."

Yoongi's face stayed neutral as he stared down at the lowly scum of a man that once ruled over the Bear Kingdom.

"I've come to give you a chance." Yoongi stated.

Nathaniel chuckled deeply, his chest moving with laughter.

"A chance?" He asked. "A chance at what?"

The young king knelt down to eye level with the bearded man, his left hand holding onto one of the iron bars for balance.

"A chance to save your worthless, pathetic  life." He growled out.

Nathaniel's eyes widened slightly, before a smug smile formed on his lips, his face leaning closer to the bars.

"You don't scare me your highness." He stated.

Yoongi held back the urged to roll his eyes, the orange shade slowly beginning to morph into a lighter shade of red.

"I don't think you understand," Yoongi started. "I am one of the most powerful men in the Four Kingdoms, I could have you torn apart limb from limb at the snap of my fingers, I could end your sorry life right here and now and no one would be able to stop me."

Nathaniel raised an eyebrow.

"What are you trying to say Yoongi?"

Yoongi smirked, his face leaning closer towards the bars, his eyes morphing into a bright crimson color, sending chills of fear and dread down Nathaniel's spine as he watch the red-eyed man smirk.

"It means that you have upset me, and yet I am offering you a chance at mercy. Do not squander it."

A frown crawled onto Nathaniel's lips as he stared at the king, his arms moving to cross over his chest.

"I am a king. I will not be bullied by a child trying to act like he is capable of ruling a kingdom that he has brought ruin upon!"

"Very well," Yoongi started, moving his body and standing straight up, his gaze falling down on Nathaniel's body. "Lee Nathaniel, by order of The Dragon King, You have here by been stripped of your lands, your title and your right to rule over the people of The Bear Kingdom. For your crimes you shall be executed by means of beheading at sundown today."

Nathaniel's green eyes widened substantially at Yoongi's words, his heart racing in his chest and his stomach dropping in dread.

"No." He breathed. "No! You cannot do this to me! I- I am king! You- You are Nothing! you are worthless!"

A frown made its way onto Yoongi's face, his body dropping once again to meet Nathaniel's eye level. His hands shot through the iron bars and grabbed the bearded man by the collar of his shirt.

"You killed my friend," Yoongi growled. "And you tried to kill the woman I love, you should be thanking me for giving you such a swift, painless death. If it were up to me, I'd have you killed in the slowest, most painful way possible."

Nathaniel's green eyes filled with tears of fear and he grasped Yoongi's hands, silently pleading for his life.

"I'm sorry." He stated. "I- I'm rich. I'll pay you. Just please let me go."

Yoongi smirked.

"You should have accepted my mercy."

The Dragon King turned on his heel, his crimson eyes slowly changing back to their original orange color as his leather boots walked to the large, wooden door of the prison.

His body stopped, just before exiting, his head turning to look at Nathaniel's green eyes one last time. A smirk appearing on his handsome features as he spoke to the prisoner.

"Long live the king."

------------------------

"I said don't touch me!" You shouted nervously as you moved your body to stand swiftly on the plush mattress of your bed, your blue eyes staying locked with your offender's at all times.

"Miss, I cannot allow you to wear that. It- it is not fitting for a young woman to walk around wearing trousers like a man!" The older woman scolded as she attempted to chase you off of your bed, but you wouldn't budge.

You had the high ground and you weren't going to give it up.

"I'm not wearing that- that thing!" You shouted as you pointed at the fluffy pink pile of clothes that lay draped over a wooden chair.

The maid placed her hands on her hips.

"I will go and find prince Jungkook if you do not cooperate!" She yelled back at you as she tapped her foot impatiently against the wooden surface of the floor.

You raised your eyebrow at her.

"Go ahead. Jungkook doesn't scare me."

The maid glared at you, her mouth opening to form words, only to be cut off by the sound of the bedroom door opening. Your eyes trailed over to the entryway to see who had come to visit your room.

Namjoon stood tall, his golden eyes filled with curiosity as he took in the sight before him.

Clothes of different shades sprawled all over be wooden floor, the elderly maid standing infront of the bed. Then his eyes fell to you.

Your hair was disheveled and your blue eyes sparkled with intensity as your chest heaved beneath the loose white shirt you wore, you stood on top of the bed your h/c hair falling in loose waves around your face and a small smile forming on your lips as you stared back at him.

A small chuckle escaped his lips.

The maid stared in disbelief at the sorcerer, her golden eyes watching as his body began to shake with laughter.

"Master Namjoon, this is highly inappropriate." She stated, a hint of anger lacing her voice.

"Forgive me," Namjoon started with a chuckle. "I shall return later-"

"Joonie if you leave me with this woman I will end you." You called from the bed, causing the maid to send a stern glare at you.

Namjoon continued to laugh as he watched your motion your hands towards the maid to leave the room.

She grumbled something under her breath as she grabbed the pink dress from the chair and shuffled out of the bedroom.

The golden eyed sorcerer laughed as the maid slammed the door to the bedroom shut, causing a loud bang to fill the room.

"Must you always find trouble?" He asked as he watched you begin to bounce on the soft mattress.

You shrugged.

"I don't find trouble," you smile brightly, causing namjoon's heart to thump wildly in his chest. "Trouble finds me."

Namjoon shook his head, a small chuckle, once again, escaping his lips.

"I've been sent to inform you that supper is being served." He stated.

You nodded, hopping off of the bed. Your heat pounding at the possibility of seeing Jimin again.

Your cheeks turned a bright red color at the though of him and the words he had spoken to you last night.

"Right," You said. "We should go."

------------------------

The Great Hall was silent as you and Namjoon entered into the Table Room. The room was rather large, stain glass windows on every side, polished wooden floors and a large, round table sitting in the center.

It seemed as though everyone else had already arrived. Yoongi, Jungkook, Jin, Taehyung and Jimin. A deep blush rose to your cheeks as your blue eyes met his warm, golden ones. He offered you a small, gentle smile.

You took a seat next to your Jungkook, your eyes focusing on your plate that was full of delicious looking foods. Your stomach was practically screaming at you to eat.

You hadn't eaten much since you'd been in Pamilia, after all you were captured and thrown into prison and then.... Hoseok. You shook your head fervently at the thought, Now was not the time to shed tears.

You watched as the men began to eat their food contently, bright smiles showing on all of their faces as the tasteful food entered their mouths.

"What's going to happen to Nathaniel?" The words escaped your mouth before you could stop them, your mind instantly regretting it as all the men turned to face you.

Your eyes widened.

"Sorry. Forget I said anything...." you mumbled.

Yoongi sighed, dropping his fork and leaning back in his high backed chair.

"Nathaniel is being executed as we speak." He stated.

You're blue eyes widened even further. You knew that he would be put to death, you just didn't expect it to be so soon. You didn't feel bad for him, not at all. He deserved everything he got and more. You hated him.

You nodded your head, satisfied with the answer.

"Yoongi," Jin scolded. "Must you speak of such gruesome things infront of a lady?" He asked.

Yoongi's orange eyes studied you as you stared down at the untouched plate of food infront of you.

"She's not a child Jin," Yoongi stated. "She asked a question, I answered it."

Jin sent a hard glare to the young king, his golden eyes shooting daggers at him.

"She is still a lady."

Yoongi rolled his eyes and continued eating.

"I'm sure you've taken extra note of that." Jimin mumbled below his breath.

"Excuse me?" Jin's voice came off as offended, as his golden eyes met those of his younger brother.

Jimin glared at Jin, his anger almost peaking. How dare he try to run to your aid when the whole time he's known you, he'd been trying his best to get close to you, to make you fall in love with him, only for him to break your heart. Jimin wasn't a fool. He'd seen Jin do it before multiple times to innocent women. And he wasn't going to let him ruin you too.

"You heard what I said." Jimin stayed boldly.

Jin raised a brow, as if daring Jimin to continue.

"What exactly does that mean?" He growled out.

Jimin shrugged.

"I'm simply stating that you've probably taken extra time out of your day to notice, just how much of a lady y/n is."

Jin's brows jumped as he moved to stand to his feet, his body weight being supported by his hands as he placed them upon the wooden table.

Everyone had gone quiet for the fear of what was about to happen.

"Brother," Jin growled out. "If you value your life I suggest that you cease speaking."

Jimin stood up, his golden eyes sending daggers into his half brother.

"It is true though isn't it?" Jimin asked cockily. "I've seen how you look at her, I've seen the lingering touches and the soft gazes. I know just how badly you want her!"

Jin released a low growl.

"You know nothing!" He shouted.

Jimin smirked as he watched his brother get so angry.

"I know everything." He stated.

The air grew tense around the table as he two brothers continued to stare at each other, no one knowing which one of them would make the first move on the other.

You tried your best to remain as invisible as possible, your mind swimming as you began to take in their words towards one another. They were talking about you.

A loud BANG suddenly filled the room causing all of you to jump at the loud sound.

A young servant boy rushed into the Table Room, his eyes widened with fright as he stared at all of you.

"Lady y/n," he spoke breathlessly, "there's a visitor for you."

Your brows jumped in curiosity.

"Lady y/n needs her rest," Jungkook stated. "She is not taking visitors."

The boy shook his head.

"Please, my prince, you will want to see this."

Jungkook sighed and nodded his head.

"Very well, send him in."

The servant nodded his head swiftly, before turning in his heel and exiting the room.

The sound of shuffling footsteps could be heard as the mysterious visitor began to enter the Table Room.

Your eyes took in his appearance.

He wore a brown cloak that appeared to be made of burlap, it draped all the way down to his feet, and the hood covered the entirety of his face, his stance was a little bit shaky as if he was having trouble walking and his right hand laid flat against his chest.

Jungkook stood up, his right hand moving towards his sword, as he took in the mystery man.

"State your name and business." Jungkook said boldly.

The man's hand left his chest and moved upwards, pulling on the burlap hood and removing it, showing his face to everyone at the table.

His red hair shined underneath the candle light of the chandelier and your heart began to thrum loudly in your chest, tears welling up in your eyes. Surely you were imagining things.

He couldn't be real.

His name slipped past your lips in a whisper.

"Hoseok?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 48 28
Your heart raced at the feeling of the cold barrel on your forehead, but you knew you had to stay composed. You tried to look for any emotion in his...
60K 3.4K 15
Your husband of two years doesn't treat you right anymore, leaving the chance for Jin to fix you. Embrace yourself series : Book 1 - plump || j-hope...
12.1K 659 24
A Boy who knew only abuse is discovered by the police. He is taken to one of the officers relatives homes to hopefully get the boy to talk about his...
228K 10.5K 43
Like the spark of a fire, Jungkook was a light to brighten the darkness that consumed Yoongi. Like the heat of a fire, Yoongi's touch warmed Jungko...