Him and I (Declan Harp)

By Ziehmer28

After loosing their son, Declan Harp and Anna Harp seek revenge on the Red Coats that killed him. Fighting th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 12

751 18 0
By Ziehmer28

Chapter 12

Declan and I found ourselves behind another building, hiding out from the Red Coats while also being in plain sight to any that returned from the woods.

"We need to get out of the streets," Declan said next to me, looking over me at the busy street.

My mind wanders, trying to find a place to hide. With Grace married to Chesterfield, he's sure to look there first, meaning that place was out of the question. There wasn't anyone else we could trust here, no one.

Then, a place came to mind, bringing itself out of the depth of my memories and back into the light to reveal itself once again.

"I know a place. Come on," I said, moving away from the building and into the small bit of woods.

Declan doesn't ask where we're going or even make a chirp as we quickly but quietly make our way further in. My mind wonders if Declan remembers this rout as well. We took it enough times.

A small cabin comes into view, seeming to only be big enough for a medium size room and small one. The medium size room held odd and end items along with an old cot. The small room held a small bathroom. We had figured the place was used for guards that needed a break.

How did I know about it?

Declan and I used to come to this cabin all the time, before we were married. Before we were even together. After we met, and my sister made it very clear that we weren't allowed to stay at the Ale House, Declan and I needed a new place to hide out.

This cabin seemed to be the best place. The thrill that someone could walk in on us at any moment seemed to overtake us.

Though we only went to this cabin no longer then a couple of weeks, it still held our memories. The first time we kissed or slept together. The first time I said that I thought I loved him.

I'm pulled back into reality when my head pokes itself up into the window, my body seeming to have its own mind.

"It's clear," I comment and turn the corner to head inside. Declan follows me as the door closes behind us, leaving the room only half lit thanks to the one window.

The place is broken down and dusty, meaning the building hasn't been used in years. But that doesn't mean it's out of view.

Declan's head looks around at everything here while my feet start to pace me. My hand plays with my necklace as I pace, my eyes drifting from the ground to Declan over and over.

"Maybe we can sneak over the wall."

"Not unless you've got a 15-foot ladder in here," Declan mumbles as he picks up an old cup.

My pacing stops and I lightly glare at Declan, "You're not helping."

Declan sets down the cup and sighs, both of us realizing how trapped we really are. A year ago, even a few months ago, this would be nothing for us to get out of. But Declan was trying not to kill everyone in sight and I had other things to think about.

At the realization that it's been over a week since Grace told me I'm pregnant and I still haven't said anything to Declan, my legs give out and set me in a chair. My head immediately looks down at my hands, my voice sounding almost sad.

"This wasn't how things were supposed to go. None of this was. It was supposed to be clean and simple. Get the furs, get out. But once again, we're dealt a whole deck of shity cards."

I can feel Declan's eyes on me. My ears pick up on his heavy footsteps as they make their way over to me, kneeling down in front and putting a hand to my cheek. My eyes look at him as he talks, "Hey, we'll get out of here."

"We have too," I say. My words slightly confuse Declan. Sure, we've needed to get out of situations before, but no one has ever said it. It was more like a silent agreement, so why I would say it now only threw Declan.

This was it.

"I'm pregnant," I say, the words slipping off my tongue for the second time in my life. Though, the first time was very different then this time and I felt completely different telling Declan.

The first time was excitement and happiness. This time was nervous and scared. Sure we had mentioned we wanted to try again, but it was something that was said once, tried twice, and never spoke of again. Unlike the first, this one came a lot quicker.

Declan's mouth drops slightly, his face looking as if someone had just slapped him and he was in shock. I can't stand to be this close to him, unsure of his feelings. I quickly stand and move away, causing Declan to stand and watch me.

I move my hair out of my face and look at the ground as I talk. "I know this is horrible timing and right now things seem to be getting worst and I debated on whether or not to tell you, because I didn't know how'd you feel-"

I'm cut off by Declan cupping my face in his hands and his lips on me. He kisses me twice, the second one I return before we pull away from each other.

My mouth is parted in slight shock while Declan's reveals what he's feeling. A smile from ear to ear. "The world may have given us shity cards. But you're not one of them." His hand goes to my stomach, "And neither is this baby."

Something that I never do is done. My eyes fill with tears as a relieved smile forms on my lips and I quickly kiss Declan.

All the fear and nerves I've felt since I found out vanished in that kiss. New emotions were brought to the surface, emotions I haven't felt in so long that it felt strange. Yet I loved it.

As quickly as my nerves and fear had vanished they returned at just the sound of one man's voice. "Search, there, there and here. Go through each building inch by inch," Chesterfield ordered his men.

"No," I said, fear in my voice.

I can feel Declan's body go tense and his face distorts in anger, "I'm gonna tear him apart."

Declan's feet carries him two steps before my hand reach out and grab his large arm. "Declan, wait. There will be a time for that, but not now." My husband looks at me, his face still showing how angry he was while mine held nothing but plead. Plead that he wouldn't go out there and get shot. Plead that he fined a different way. Plead for a miracle.

And for once, one happened.

Grace's voice is heard outside, talking to Chesterfield. Quickly mine and Declan's bodies move towards the window, peeking out to catch a glimpse of the two with guard around them.

"What's going on?"

"You tell me, Grace! I know what's happened."

Grace's face scrunches up, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Imogen told me everything," Chesterfield said angrily.

Gesturing to Chesterfield, Grace said, "If you and Imogen are so close, why didn't you marry her instead of me?" A question I'd like to know the answer too as well.

Chesterfield steps towards Grace making my hand reach up and grab Declan's shirt, squeezing it tightly. I'm unsure what will happen next and my mind only thinks the worst as Chesterfield talks. "I will not accept my wife undermining the operations of this company. Imogen will take over license of the Ale, and you will learn your place by my side."

"That Ale House is not yours to take," Grace yells at him.

"You forfeited any claim when you aided your sister and Declan Harp's gang. I'm placing you under house arrest until further notice," Chesterfield orders. In seconds the guards have Grace in their clutches and all of them disappear back towards town.

Once out of sight, my hands release Declan and move towards the door, "We have to help her."

This time, it's Declan who stops me, "And we will, but not now. Grace is smart, she can take care of herself. Right now, we need to focus on us. All three of us," he nods down to my stomach.

Though I want nothing more than to go out there and kill every single one of those Red Coats, I take what Declan has said. I nod and let out a, "Fine."

Declan and I stay at the cabin for at least an hour, making sure no one is around before heading back into town. We have somewhat of a plain, but it's a risky one.

We stay behind or around buildings and keep our head down as we slowly make out way towards the East gate. My eyes pick up on Grace quickly walking away or towards something. Out of habit, a small bird-like whistle leaves my lips and her feet stop while her head turns in our direction. Her pace is the same, but now it's towards us.

Once Grace reaches us, my arms engulf her into a hug, relieved to find her alive and out of Chesterfield's grasp.

"Thanks for the distraction back there," I say as I pull away, dropping my arms.

"Well, when you weren't at the Ale House, I knew you two had to go back to your old spot. Where are you going now?" Grace asked Declan and I.

Declan shrugs slightly, "Not sure, yet. We need to get out of town."

"The gate, I can distract them while you two slip out."

I quickly shake my head, "No, I can't ask you to do that. You're already in neck deep of trouble with Chesterfield." The last thing I want is for her to get hurt.

Grace waves him off like he's nothing but a fly. "He doesn't matter anymore. Once you two are away, I'm leaving too."

Declan nods, smiling slightly, "Alright, I like this new found freedom. Let's move."

Our old plain is out the door, thankfully, and this new one takes hold of us. The three of us move around one other building, putting us a bit closer to the gate. Declan pokes his head around to make sure it's clear before we do the action again only to curse.

"Shit."

My body moves in front of Declan and looks around him, spotting the Siberian man alive and well. How the hell did he survive that explosion? So much for luck being on our side.

"I'll take care of him. You go. I'll catch up," Declan says, turning towards me as I retake my spot behind him.

Not this again.

"Declan, I'm not leaving without you, so don't even-" I'm cut off by my husbands toned voice.

"Neither of us get out alive if I don't put this dog down. And I can't do it with you by my side, Anna." I stare at him, my fear rising again. Though he's right, I want nothing more for him not to be.

My hands pull Declan in for a meaningful kiss before pulling away slightly, keeping out foreheads together. "Keep our baby safe," He whispers to me before we pull away from each other. "Go; I'll catch up."

I feel uneasy and I know my face projects that as I stare at Declan and take a slow step back. Grace grabs ahold of my arm, seeing how hard it is to leave Declan's side again.

Declan's eyes stare at me before moving to Grace, "Keep them safe."

I see Grace nod next to me and say, "I promise" before leaving and pulling me with her. The feeling doesn't go away and only gets worst as I hear grunts and slight talking as Declan and Siberian fight on the streets.

Grace continues to drag me around a small shop, almost landing us right on top of the unguarded gate. Suddenly, a young women stops us. "Ma'am? I'm, uh I'm to tell you something. Don't scream," She suddenly points a gun at Grace, making my heart race.

My foot takes a step to interfere but I'm stopped when I feel the head of the gun on my head. "Move and you die," A man's voice says behind me and I can't help but let out a sigh.

The women grabs Grace's arm roughly, keeping the gun pointed at her while the man does the same to me. They yank us back around the shop and towards another one, two buildings down. I see we're headed for the gate and I can see the un-steady hand both of these kids have.

A plain forms in my head until the sight of the devil himself comes into view. A smirking Benton.

I want nothing more than to yell out for Declan, but the man's and my husband's words cross my mind. "Move and you die" "Keep our baby safe". I say nothing and only glare at Benton.

"Looks like I got two birds with one stone. Let's move," Benton says and takes first, leading the way towards the gate. He opens it, slipping through before the girl and Grace do the same. I'm next, but my head turns to try and spot Declan. I do, but the sight isn't what I expected.

Declan is laying on the dirt ground, bloody as the Siberian continues to throw punch after punch at him. For a second, the punches stop. Declan, as if he could feel my eyes on him, look over to me, spotting me being held at gunpoint and watching in shock.

A yell leaves my lips and tears fill my eyes when the Siberian takes his knife and stabs Declan in the stomach, causing a scream to fill his lips.

I kick and struggle in the young man's grip as he pushes me through the gate. Tears sting my cheek as I fight him only for another gun to stop me, this one being held by Benton.

"You wouldn't want to end things right here. Not before the show starts," he says with a devilish smirk.

I stop any thought of struggle, my tears still slightly and slowly falling which only amuses Benton. He turns and leads the way towards the cost where a small row boat awaits. Off in the distance is a large ship, ready to sale as soon as we enter.

Grace and I are pushed on, both of us sitting at the back while Benton sits in front of us. His hand lays over his gun that sits on his lap. The two kids take charge in rowing us towards the ship, putting more and more distance between us and Fort James.

Benton looks off with a smile, "Goodbye, Fort James. It was lovely while it lasted. But all good things must be traded for better things."

"Where the hell are you taking us?" I hiss at him.

"My dear, you are my prisoner, and prisoners will get punished if spoken like that," Benton says with a hard expression. It lightens some when he looks at Grace, "And you... are my guest. First, to Moose Fort. There are men there who are loyal to me. Then to my home."

Oh no.

So, if you read this book when I was first updating, you'll see I had three choices on an ending. This was the one I choice. It fit best with the story and I think it'll flow better with my ideas. Season 3 just came out and I just finished it. I'm already working on the new updates and can't wait for you guys to read them!

Please comment what your excited for!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3.4K 33
πŸ‘‘Winner in the Firework Awards πŸ‘‘Winner in the Kiletta Awards πŸ’Ž2nd place in the Ohanna Awards πŸ’“ Best Cover in the GAwards πŸ’“ Best Cover in the...
10.6K 217 11
Lyla feels like her life is going nowhere after she lost her job but everything changes when AnaΓ―s, her best friend introduces her to a group of guys...
109 3 1
Memories of the public lynching of Sam have plagued Frankie's mind ever since he left Brokestone, and he has wandered in America's last frontier all...
34.6K 821 19
Two unlikely lovers and their tragedy over a span of winter holidays. A 2020-2021 Christmas gift. appropriately trigger warnings at the beginning of...