Wayhaught - Fighting For You

By _FandomLunatic_

Nicole is indefinitely in love with Waverly Earp but her fear of rejection is getting in the way. Little doe... More

Caught In A Dream
Undercover Cop
Endure
Broken
Survivor
First Day
Time Is A Healer
Always
Memories

Scars In The Mirror

1.4K 33 1
By _FandomLunatic_

Nicole was relieved to finally be able to get out of the hospital. Waverly had offered to stay with her to make sure she was ok. Nicole may have been discharged but she still wasn't 100%. She was more concerned about her mental trauma rather than her physical.
Nedley had been looking after Calamity Jane while she was in hospital and Nedley definately loves that cat more than he'd like to admit. He always told Nicole that he wasn't a big fan of cats but she knew it was a lie.

It was a very short drive to Nicole's and the two women kept silent almost the whole journey. Waverly took Nicole's things out of the car and walked her up to the door. Nicole still had a limp from her gunshot wound in her leg but it didn't stop her. The physio definitely helped and the doctors told her to maintain her workouts, as long as she didn't overdo it.
They reached her door and Nicole handed Waverly the keys. The moment she opened the door, Calamity was waiting for them to get inside. After the two had put their luggage down and sat on the couch, Calamity jumped in between the two and purred as loud as Wynonna's motorcycle which brought laughs them both.

They cuddled up together on the couch and Waverly was extra careful not to lean on her too much as the scars were still painful to the touch.
Nicole didn't let Waverly touch her often, the scars that were mental and physical restricted her and she felt vulnerable. She often had thoughts that Waverly wouldn't want her if she saw her scars.

Nicole could finally relax in the comfort of her home and in the arms of the woman she adored so much. She sighed and began to lift herself up from the couch.
Waverly immediately got up to help her.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?" she asked with concern.

Nicole looked at her and smiled.

"What's so funny?" Waverly asked still concerned for Nicole's wellbeing.

"You... You're funny. I find it cute when you're worried about me. Quite frankly I find it adorable" she said and grinned towards Waverly, her dimples present once more.

Waverly blushed and her face grew a light shade of red.

"Oh and to answer your previous question, I'm going to have a shower, I can't stand the smell of hospitals and I don't want to bring that smell home" she said with a smile as she walked off to her bedroom.

____________

It took Nicole a while to shower as the pain she felt still lingered, and when the water grazed her skin it felt like fire.
She put on her sports bra and boyshorts before she walked up to the steamed mirror in the bathroom and stared at her scars. They had mostly healed but what Nicole hated was the fact that they will haunt her forever.
She ran her hand along her left arm, over the burn that she received not so long ago.
She winced and closed her eyes.
Every time she looks at them she is reminded of the cruelty she suffered. Nicole cringes at the memories that came flooding back to her and a tear escaped her eye.
There was a knock at the door followed by a soft voice.

"Nicole? Are you ok?" Waverly said calmly which relaxed Nicole slightly.

Nicole wiped the tear from her cheek but still remained in the same place in front of the mirror.

Waverly grew worried because of the silence that was all too daunting. She slowly turned the handle of the bathroom door and peeked through.

What she saw broke her heart. Nicole was stood there, staring with dead eyes into nothingness. She was still ghostly pale which made her scars more apparent.
Waverly walked up behind her and her breath hitched.
"Oh Nicole" she sighed as she looked at the scars that plagued her body. There wasn't an inch of skin that didn't bear the marks of the torture she sustained.
It was like Nicole didn't even notice her presence as she still stared into the abyss.

Waverly slowly moved her hand closer to Nicole's back and lightly brushed her hand along one of the larger laceration that scarred her.
Nicole came back to reality and jumped away from Waverly's touch.
Nicole didn't want to be touched, she felt too vulnerable.  All she felt was pain. Every task felt like a chore.

Nicole didn't want to react like she did but her body just moved without thought. She turned to face the direction of her girlfriend but still staring at the floor. It was to hide her face  that was strained from the fear she couldn't escape. Her eyes were lost and red from tears that still soaked her cheeks.
She finally looked up to face Waverly who looked at her with fear and concern in her eyes.

"Everytime I close my eyes, I see the smiles of those revenants... And it haunts me....I can't escape them."

Waverly closed the space between them and moved her hand to cup Nicole's face. Nicole leant into her touch, Waverly was the only person that could take away all of her fears, if only for a few seconds.

"I'm not going to tell you that everything is fine because it's not. But that doesn't mean you should stop trying. It's going to take time to heal. And I will do whatever it takes to help you close those wounds....I love you" she said passionately thinking only of Nicole in this moment.

Nicole nodded and a small smile appeared on her face. It replaced all of the pain for a few minutes which she was thankful for. She will be forever grateful for Waverly and how she has been like a shelter in a storm.

"I love you back. And thank you....for making me feel like I'm not falling apart. Because without you, im sure I would fall apart"

They caught each other in a tight embrace, Nicole ignoring the pain of her wounds as it was all worth it.
They pulled apart and Nicole grabbed Waverly by the waist, pulling her impossibly closer.

They pressed their foreheads together and Waverly's hand brushed up Nicole's toned stomach. Waverly was about to pull her hand away as she didn't want to make Nicole uncomfortable by touching her scars, but Nicole held her hand in place and brushed small circles over the top of her hand.

Her breath hitched and she gazed lovingly into the brunettes eyes.

Waverly opened her mouth to speak but she was cut off by the redhead pulling her into a deep kiss. The two gradually made their way to the bed, lips still locked together. They didn't know how long the kiss lasted but it was over in what felt like an instant.

"Are you sure" Nicole asked, still wanting to ask for permission. She wouldn't do anything if it made Waverly uncomfortable.

"Yeah.... Truthfully I've been waiting for this since the moment we kissed for the first time.... I want you" she whispered into Nicole's ear which drew a small smile from the redhead.

In that moment, the brunette was being swept up into the arms of Nicole which made Waverly giggle unexpectedly, and they stared at each other, eyes filled with lust.

____________

Some time later...

Before she knew it Nicole was surrounded. Her hands began to shake and her body felt weak.
It was freezing outside which didnt help the situation.
Nicole only prayed that Wynonna would be nearby to take out the revenants.

"Give her back!" Waverly cried in a hoarse tone.

Nicole and Waverly both stared at the revenants surrounding them, they just smiled cruelly. It was like they enjoyed seeing them distraught, it was like a drug to them seeing someone in pain.

Nicole couldn't believe that she was stuck in the same situation as only a few months ago.

She tried to break herself free from their grasp but it was no use.

"Take me!" Waverly shouted.
She then looked at her girlfriend lovingly.
"I can't loose you again" she mouthed to the redhead who was firmly against the idea of Waverly taking her place.

"Enough!" a voice shouted over the bickering revenants.

Bobo del ray appeared from the dense forest and walked directly towards Nicole.

"You have been a thorn in my side for a very long time" he said staring angrily at Nicole.

Waverly despises Bobo, he made her feel like nothing. And now, he's threatening the love of her life. She couldn't stand by anymore.

Waverly pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Bobo.

"Get the hell away from her!" she screamed.
Immediately, the revenants facial expressions turned to unrelenting seriousness.

Bobo then raised his hand and the pistol was ripped from the hands of the brunette, almost taking her with it.

Bobo smiled mischievously and aimed the gun against Nicole's head.

The last thing that the redhead said was "I love you" before her body fell limp on the cold dirt beneath her.

Waverly screamed and she felt like she was broken inside. Her heart was torn from her chest, and she was left to deal with the pain.

By the time she got over to Nicole, the revenants were gone.
She fell to her knees and cradled her lover in her arms.

"N-Nicole, dont leave me... Please!" she screamed and sobbed at the sight of Nicole's pale body.

____________

Waverly woke up screaming and sweating profusely.
Her beading eyes darted across the room in search of Nicole. She was still panicked by the time Nicole ran into the bedroom.

"Baby its ok, im here... It was just a dream" she said in such a caring and loving manor.

Waverly began to calm and she stared at Nicole.

"It felt so real Nicole. I... I watched you die. I can't loose you" she said still panting from the screams.

Nicole came closer to Waverly and lifted her chin with a single finger. They stared at each other for a minute before Nicole broke the silence.

"When I was in that slaughterhouse waiting for people to find me, all I could think about was you. I needed to get through to the other side and because of you, I didn't give up." she said with passion.
"And now you don't have to worry because I will never leave" she added whilst pulling her girlfriend in to a tender hug.

The warmth of each other was uplifting and they new from that moment they would be with each other, always.

Authors Note:

Thanks to all of you who have read this fanfic. It's my first peice and im glad people are reading it. Im not sure where im going to take the story or how long it will be.
If anyone has any ideas then please let me know.
Thanks again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 972 13
Waverly Earp was Nicole Haught's first everything. First hand hold, first date, first kiss, first love... Nicole would have followed her anywhere, an...
1K 34 12
This is the sequel to I'm Haught You?. Wayhaught based. Nicole met Waverly in the town of Purgatory. Some things aren't quite as easy to understand...
203K 3.8K 35
Waverly Earp is in a horrible relationship with her boyfriend Champ.. She meets Officer Nicole Haught, the new officer in town, who has a deep connec...
37.5K 1K 20
The Wayhaught gamer fic which you never knew you wanted. Waverly and Nicole meet through playing Red Dead Redemption online and spend weeks chatting...