The Devil Next Door

By Sian2468

"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next r... More

Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing
Chapter 2//89 likes & 17 comments
Chapter 3//The Revenge Plan
Chapter 4// Big News
Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips
Chapter 6// Leaving Home Behind
Chapter 7// Island Party
Chapter 9// Guess Who
Chapter 10// Childish Games
Chapter 11// Stalking Secrets
Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends
Chapter 13// One Big Mess
Chapter 14// Halloween Special
Chapter 15// Tired Eyes and Whispered Words
Chapter 16// Breaking up
Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing
Chapter 18// Park Romantics
Chapter 19// Leaving Takana Island
Chapter 20//She's So Beautuful
Final Authors Note
Sequel Preview

Chapter 8// Eggs & Bacon

8.3K 265 27
By Sian2468

Authors note: Hey Everyone. This is chapter 8 and I can't believe it! I'm so excited my head is about to explode! So many ideas that I can't write fast enough! Haha so that's all. Please Enjoy :)

Chapter 8// Eggs and Bacon

Emily P.O.V

I open my eyes to see Seb's sleeping face. I shoot backwards in shock and hit the wooden floor. I awaken Seb and he looks at me with a worried face.

"Please tell me we didn't just....?!" he asks carefully. My mind flicks back to the party last night and the drunken Sebastian who must have the biggest hangover right now.

"No. We crashed here after the party remember?" I assured him. I stood up and opened the curtains hanging over the window next to me. The morning sun was blinding so I shut them again but only half way.

"Any one got painkillers?" Seb groaned in pain behind me. I went over to my clutch purse sitting on the armchair and pulled out a couple of emergency tablets. I crouched down beside Seb and handed them to him.

"Water?" he asked. I sighed and went over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the sink and filling it up with water. Who knows how long it had been sitting there but something was better than nothing right? I went back into the lounge and handed it down to Seb who was now sitting up on the mattress. He chucked both the tablets in his mouth then took a big gulp of water. While he went back to napping, I messaged my mum telling her we were ok and crashed at a friends house because it got too late to walk home. This was kind of true I guess. We did crash at a friends house. And we were ok. Well, I was. I turned back to Seb who was looking at me already.

"What?" I ask.

"You look really bad right now." He laughs.

"You can't talk. You don't look so hot yourself." I reply. But that wasn't entirely true. He looked pretty gorgeous with his messy hair and strong arms resting on his chest. He had a dead look in his eyes but he still smiled.

"Why aren't you vomiting yet?" I slyly ask him.

"Cause I can handle a hangover." He brags. I raise my eyebrows at him before sitting down to put my shoes on.

"Why do we have to go? I like this mothball smelling house." Seb sarcastically whines. I ignore him and grab my purse ready to go.

"Hurry up or I'll leave you here." I threaten him, picking up the keys Bailey left me and dangling them in the air.

"Someone fell out the wrong side of the mattress this morning." He teases, standing up, putting his jacket over his arm and slipping on his shoes.

We walk out the front door and I lock the house behind us, remembering to put the key under the flower pot afterwards. We start making our way back home. The air is already hot and there is no wind. I just need to get out of this dress.

"So what's the cover story?" Seb asks me.

"We crashed at a friends house because it was too late and too dark to walk home."

"Nice. Which friend? You made plenty last night." He says cheekily.

"Well at least I remember all their names and didn't use them for CPR practice." I reply, almost gagging at the thought of Seb and some slut 'getting it on' at the party. I shove the thought out of my head as quickly as I can. Seb sighs because he knows I'm right.

"Look. I know how much of a man-whore I am but I can't help it. I get drunk and the chicks love me."

"You are repulsive." I growl before speeding up to get away from him. I make it home before him and find the house empty. My phone beeps with a message.

"Hey hunn, glad you are ok, we were getting worried. I hope you had fun at the party. We all decided to head down to the beach for the day (you don't have to come) then go out for dinner tonight. We'll be back at 5pm to get ready so make sure you and Sebastian are around then. Luv mum x"

I sighed as I watched Seb come in the front door. He gave me a quick glance before heading upstairs.

Shit! He is going to get the shower first!

I race after him but its too late and the bathroom door slams shut. I groan loudly and stomp into my room. I guess I'll email Tori and tell her about my eventful first days here. I open my laptop and start typing.

I finally hear the bathroom door open. I shut my laptop, grab my fresh clothes and go out onto the landing. Seb is in a loose black tank top and grey shorts.

Why must he be so attractive right now? And why am I thinking like this anyway?! I need to snap out of it.

I jump into the bathroom and lock the door. The warm shower is relaxing. I scrub my face to rid of the makeup and wash my matted hair. I turn the water off and step out, getting changed into some high-waisted denim shorts and an aqua colored tank top. I leave the bathroom and head down to the kitchen to eat. I have been starving ever since I woke up. Seb was already there preparing some eggs and bacon.

"You hungry?" he asked.

I nodded hungrily, though wary of how good (or bad) Seb's cooking was.

"So where is everyone?" he asks only now after being home for an hour.

"The beach. You want to go down there after?" I ask. I kind of felt bad. I mean, for a family holiday, I wasn't spending much time with my family.

"Babe, we have four months to hang out with our families." Seb replies as if he had read my mind. I feel my cheeks flush red for a moment. Sebastian notices and laughs.

God I hate that stupid blushing thing I have.

Seb serves me some eggs and bacon on toast with a glass of juice.

"So your quite the chef then?" I ask him, examining the plate of food, none of which is burnt. He just laughs and sits beside me with a plate of his own.

For someone with a hangover, he isn't acting very hungover. That shower must have done him good, and those painkillers. He is actually surprisingly nice today. There has to be something in the air around here. Things are getting to strange for me to handle.

My phone vibrates on the table and I reach to check it. The name appears as 'Bailey the Babe'. My mind flashes back to me and my new friends standing outside the party trading phones and putting in our numbers. I slide the screen and read the text.

"Hey it's Bailey (from the party). Want to catch up with me and the others this afternoon? meet us at café by the beach if interested. Bye"

I hand Seb the phone to read it and he agrees we should go, just to make sure I didn't make friends with phycos'.

We wander down towards the cafe after we finish our (not so badly tasting) meals. Seb is walking faster than usual and I struggle to keep up with his huge strides.

After what felt like hours, we get down to the cafe we sat at the first day we got on the island. I follow Seb in the door and we search the room. I spot a dark haired girl with a blonde sitting at a table outside. I tap Seb's arm and lead the way. I reach them and say hi. They both turn in sync and greet us with smiles and hellos. We sit down opposite them on the picnic table.

"So where is Isaac?" I ask them

"Getting drinks, we ordered a couple extra incase you two showed up." Bailey replied. I looked to Claire who was quietly texting on her phone. She didn't talk much really. The whole time I was with them at the party I only heard her say one sentence. She was quite beautiful. Long mousy-blonde hair that shone in the sun and beautiful green eyes. Bailey was also pretty, but in a dark sort of way. She had black shoulder length hair and a nose stud. She wore over sized shirts with denim shorts and military boots. I didn't mind her look, but I could never pull it off. Claire had similar taste in clothing to me.

Isaac returned to the table and sat between Bailey and Claire. You could really see that Bailey and him were twins when they were side by side. Same color hair and facial features. I got given an ice coffee drink with whipped cream on top. I sipped at it while the others talked.

"So when did you guys get on the island?" Isaac asked.

"Two days ago." I replied.

"Wow, and already rocking the parties"

"Yeah well I didn't really want to go but Seb insisted," I rolled my eyes.

"About that. Where is my, thanks for making me go to the party Babe?" Seb interrupts. I just roll my eyes again and sip at my drink while the others giggle.

"So how long have you and Seb been going out?" Bailey asks me. I half choke on my straw and spray my mouthful of ice coffee across the table. I cough and spatter trying to catch my breath.

"We are NOT together." I assure them.

"Or are we?" Seb winks at me.

"No, we aren't. Seb is just being a pain in the butt." I groan as I stomp on his foot under the table.

"Oh ok. You guys just act like it sometimes. I didn't mean to offend you." Bailey adds with a smile.

We all chat for a little longer, learning about each other and sharing stories. Then Claire suggested they take me and Seb up to some special rock look out. So we all got up and began making our way out of the Café. Just as I got close to the door, I spotted a familiar face out the corner of my eye. I turned my head fully to see Braxton standing in line to order. I called to the guys to wait for me outside as I headed towards Brax. I tapped him on the shoulder and he spun to face me.

"Hi." I say simply.

"Oh hey Emily. I was hoping to run into you again, how are you?" He asks smiling widely.

"Really good. You?"

"Yeah I'm good. Hey can I grab your number? I didn't get the chance last night and I really wanted to apologize for leaving you suddenly." he said with a sparkle in his eye. I beamed back and handed him my phone. He typed in his number and handed it back.

"I'll message you later ok?"

"Ok. Sure." I smiled. His beautiful blue eyes stared into mine.

"I have to go," I broke away, "bye."

He waved at me and I left the Café. I caught up to the others outside and we headed down the street together. We began to head up hill slightly, crossing through roads and streets. Then me and Seb followed the others down a narrow dirt road that lead to a dead end.

"Um, what?" I ask confusingly. The three laugh before Issac turns and heads off into the scrub. Bailey follows him, then Claire. I quickly follow after them and Seb close behind me. They all laugh and leap over branches as the dirt track begins to head even more up hill. I duck and push away bushes and trees, trying to keep up with Claire who is a few meters in front. The pathway is steep and my thighs are beginning to ache. The hot weather isn't much help either. Just as I am about to call it quits, I emerge from the scrub onto a rocky platform. I look around and I'm standing on like a massive rock surrounded by bushes and scrub. I walk forwards a bit and realize that the rock hangs off the top of this small mountain and overlooks the town. The view is amazing. I can see right to the ocean.

"Incredible huh?" Claire says beside me.

"It's beautiful." I reply.

I walk closer to the edge and sit down, taking in the view. The others soon join me and we all chat for ages. It's like we have all been friends for ever when really we have only known them for a day or two. Its weirdly comforting, like a lot of things on this island.

I suddenly remember that Seb and I have to be back at 5 ready to go out for dinner. I tell Seb and we leave the others on the rock in a hurry. Me and Seb jog down the dirt track and back home.

When we get back me and Seb realize its only just past lunch time. So we both retreat to our rooms to do a bit of school work. Ugh I hate math.

*****

I lick my finger and wipe at my brothers face, trying to erase the dried toothpaste on his cheek. He angrily swats my hand away and turns to look out the window. We are driving to the restaurant tonight because it's a bit to far to walk. I sigh and then hear Seb do so next to me as well. He is probably even more tired than me, but I find that hard to believe. My legs are sore and my eyes ache from squinting in the sun. My first mission for tomorrow will be buying a pair of sunnys. I actually don't know how I have lived most my life without a pair. I really am not in the mood for eating out but it's precious family time and I haven't seen much of them for the past two days.

I drag my sore body out of the car and towards the restaurant. Seb gives me a sympathetic look which I return. George and Molly race in front of me and follow our parents inside. This is going to be a long dinner.

-------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 97 11
He's been off since theater. Not saying much. "Seb, what's wrong?" I ask gently. "There's something I think I need to tell you," he answers meekly. I...
8.8K 345 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
628 147 40
A peaceful and boring life is supposed to be a simple goal to achieve, right? With her small family and dog, living in a little cabin by the beach...
10.8K 477 26
"Will you kiss me, Sebastian?" "What?" He asked, a look of confusion yet eagerness on his perfectly freckled face. "Will you kis...