𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘...

By -majesticsbutter

❝ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE. ❞ ❝ ARE YOU MY SOULMATE OR SOMETHING? ❞ • ( voltron: legendary defender. ) • ( no spe... More

O • ( prologue. )
I • ( olive garden. )
III • ( front yard. )
IV • ( epilogue. )

II • ( halloween party. )

839 47 28
By -majesticsbutter

the monster mash but on a constant loop.

8 PM on October 31st came quicker than Keith had hoped.

The eight days between his birthday and Halloween had been filled with fretting from his side and congratulations from literally everyone else. They celebrated him meeting his soulmate as if it was the best thing to ever happen, but luckily they were close enough to him to notice how much he didn't accept it.

He had spoke with his platonic soulmate about the circumstances, and found himself devastated when Shiro could not relate. He and Adam had clicked immediately, and seemed confused by the awkward state Keith and Jasper were stuck in. He couldn't go to his mother for help, because she had no idea how soulmates worked. His dad had the tattoo but she didn't.

They were supposed to ease his concerns, but instead the little demons multiplied when he found that no one shared his experiences.

The house was loud. It was a cliché Halloween party, and Keith could tell from a block away.

He walked up the pathway cautiously, his hands stuffed into his pockets. People of varying backgrounds and cultures oozed in and out of the house, dresses up in eccentric and flashy costumes. Keith wore nothing except his everyday clothes.

He kind of felt bad for showing up an hour late, but realized it would have made no difference. He didn't know if he could find Jasper in the packed crowd, or if he even wanted to. He still had a chance to run, to never deal with this racking anxiety again. Soulmates were destined to meet, but they were never destined to stay together.

He was tempted to walk away, but a hand clamped on his shoulder and a voice filled his ears.

"Hey, I don't recognize you!"

Keith whirled around to meet a brown-haired girl, whose blue eyes looked at him curiously. Her Captain Marvel costume was filled out nicely by the apparent muscles she had built up, her stance strong and confident. He noticed her voice was raspy and held cracks, unlike the smooth music that came off of Jasper's tongue.

"And I know everyone in this joint," she continued. "So you must be... Keith, huh?" His eyes widened, but he made sure not to jump to conclusions as he nodded slowly. "Nice to meet you, I'm Abby Aballona! The only sober person you'll find around here, because I got a volleyball match tomorrow, but that's besides the point."

"Right," Keith hummed in response. He looked at her as if he was a lost puppy, and unfortunately for him she loved puppies.

"You must be looking for Jasper, yeah? Jasper Juarez?" She questioned, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the building. "He's told me all about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't mean to brag, but we're practically inseparable," Abby smirked. "You could take some advice from me, since I'm his platonic soulmate and all. You guys seem like you had a rough start."

"He really did tell you everything," Keith growled, suddenly feeling exposed and as if this woman were mocking him.

"Not his fault, the dude tends to spill when he's feeling stressed or sad." She swatted a groping hand away, her grip on the newcomer tightening as they weaved their way through grinding adults. "And I can't really judge, seeing as I won't ever have my experience with a romantic soulmate. I'm the aromantic rep in this household, baby."

"I kinda wish that were me at the moment," Keith joked, Abby laughing in return.

"Oh yeah, it's pretty chill. Meeting Jasper was lit, now I'm just waiting for my second buddy to show their face." Keith glared at a stranger that tried to grab his ass, tempted to throw a punch in their direction. He didn't understand how Abby could be so calm as men and woman alike pushed and shoved against her, but the thoughts fled his mind as the two spilled into a more open area of the house.

The kitchen was the only area not lit up by unprofessional strobe lights, the glow of a white lightbulb shining down on them instead.

Keith's eyes instantly landed on the brown skin and freckled face of Jasper Juarez, who was obviously intoxicated as a bottle of alcohol swirled in his hand. He wore a generic costume, the police officer shirt unbuttoned to reveal a black tank top underneath.

A few other people lingered around the kitchen, but only Jasper sat in that one corner– alone despite being the host.

"He figured that if he was drunk then he could spare himself from being awkward when you came," Abby explained, releasing Keith's hand. They stood silent for a moment, before she clapped him on the shoulder and cheered. "Welp, he's all yours now!"

Abby's shout caught the attention of Jasper, but she was long gone as his eyes lit up when they landed on Keith. He drunkenly straightened his legs, stumbling as best as he could to his soulmate.

"Keith, baby boy," Jasper slurred, causing the mentioned to blush furiously. "I knew I recognized you from somewhere! You're one of those Voltron dudes, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I'm the Red Paladin," he responded immediately, grunting when Jasper landed in his arms heavily. The Hispanic giggled, a woozy smile springing up.

"Wowoah, my boyfriend saved the universe?"

"No," Keith's eyebrows furrowed, a frown covering his red cheeks. "I mean yeah, I did, but no. I'm not your boyfriend!"

"You're not?" Jasper cried. "Why?"

"We agreed to take things slow. I know nothing about you, Jasper."

"B–But, you gave me a new color," he whined, pulling away from the Korean. He turned his shoulder coldly, glaring at the other fiercely. Keith knew that it was just the tantrum of a drunk man, but he still felt a quick pain flit through his chest.

"Jasper, I promise to stick by your side, but we can't rush. I– I have my reasons to be cautious."

Jasper thought for a moment, before twirling back to look at Keith. He crossed his arms stubbornly, nodding with a huff. "Fine, but then you have to let me sleep."

"What?"

"I'm tired! And drunk!"

"Sleep it is then."

me @ myself when i introduce abby and then barely mention her again despite falling in love with her and wanting her to hold me:

anyways the sportsy and muscly part of her is based off of lia, but literally no other part of her is the same.

next chapter is lots of Deep talk between jasper and keith and then the epilogue, cowboys 🤠🤠🤠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973K 37.9K 45
☆DISCLAIMER☆ THIS STORY ISN'T MINE IM POSTING THIS SO NOT ONLY EVERYONE ELSE CAN READ THIS BUT I CAN TOO. THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK SO I WANT TO KEEP...
154K 3.7K 55
Another pawn is in play as the new paladins of Voltron meet another friendly face when they arrive at the Castle of Lions. Lucky for them, Arcadia is...
16.5K 389 22
Maya had kept a secret from the people she love for almost a year and now it isn't easy to hide anymore
285K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...