The Unwanted ~ Book 1

By zozocandy4

#64-Fairies 08/03/2018 #45-Fairies 10/02/2018 #17-Fairies 10/18/2018 #19 Supernaturalbeings 08/15/2020 *COMPL... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 ~ Andy
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11~Flare
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24 ~ Sky
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 ~ Violet
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 ~ Violet
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 ~ Violet
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 ~ Violet
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 ~ Violet
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 ~ Violet
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 ~ Violet
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Violet
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 ~ Violet
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 ~ Violet
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 ~ Violet
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue

Chapter 23

18 3 0
By zozocandy4

As I walk towards the cafeteria, I see a familiar figure standing by the entrance. Andy stands there, holding something covered in tin foil. When I approach, he comes over to me with a serious expression on his face.

"Hey."

"Um, hey" I say awkwardly.

We stand in silence for a minute, before Andy holds out the tin foil covered object to me.

"Here. Thought you'd want to eat something."

"Thanks."

I uncover the foil to find a BBLT sandwich inside. It's a regular sandwich - two pieces of bread with bacon, lettuce and tomato placed in between - , but it has the power to make my stomach rumble. While I was training with Sky I didn't really notice since I was so focused. I am starving."Can I talk to you?" Andy asks and for a moment I'm able to forget about my hunger as I notice the seriousness of his expression. "Yeah, sure." Andy motions for me to follow him and we start taking a leisurely walk around The Compound while I devour my sandwich. When I finish, I roll up the foil and toss it into the nearest trash can I can find.

"So, did I do something again Cas?"

"Huh, why would you think that?"

"Cas." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not blind. You were clearly avoiding me today. It's like before except your still talking to me, even though it's only  to give me the cold shoulder. Never knew that would hurt more than when you were ignoring me." Oh boy. I totally messed up! It didn't occur to me at the time, but my apparent 'solution' has only served to create a bigger problem.

We continue walking and as we walk I look around to find my fellow bibloods hanging out with smiles on their faces, getting along. It's just like a huge family. I'm a part of this family. I think of Andy as a someone close to me and the last thing I want is to ruin that. All I wanted was to try and figure out exactly what he meant to me, but putting some space between us wasn't the right choice. "Andy, I'm sorry. I just needed some space, but it's not like before. I wasn't avoiding you because I was mad at you. I just had something I needed to figure out." After hearing this, a half smile lights his face.

"And did you figure it out?"

I sigh. "Honestly, I'm not sure."

Andy stops, grabbing onto my shoulders and turning me to face the scene I was just watching. "Cas, I consider everyone here to be my friends and family." I nod to signalize to him that I also feel that way. "I'll tell you something. In the future, you'll have to go on missions with some if not everyone you see. Some may survive, others may not be as lucky."Andy stops for a moment to allow his words to sink in and I feel goosebumps form on my arms.

"How do you deal with that?"

"That's the thing, Cas. Running away from your problems never solves anything. You have people you can talk to about your problems who are more than willing to help if you give them the chance!"

Katie. Flare. Sky. Violet.

"I know there are some things that are hard to talk about to us guys, but you have plenty of girls to talk to!"

"Yeah, you're right."

"Also if you want to train properly, you're going to have to learn how to keep your work life separate from your personal, otherwise we won't get anywhere and we'll keep going in circles as I constantly wonder whether or not you hate me!" "Sorry." I mumble as my cheeks turn red.Seeing my reaction, Andy chuckles. "Don't be. I've actually gotten used to your emotional instability, it's pretty cute!" I dig my elbow into his side and Andy cries out in pain.

"I'm not emotionally unstable! Anyway, I told you before that you may be an annoying jerk, but I can't hate you."I pause as I think over what I just said. "Actually, I think there is something wrong with me!"Andy rolls his eyes at me, which is what I usually do and it's kinda irritating to see him do it. "Ha ha, very funny!" Alright, no more running away! Whatever is going on with me, I'll just have to face it at my own pace. Even if Andy's the source!

"I'm the source of what, exactly?"

"Uh, I didn't say anything!"

Andy rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "Sorry, I must've read your thoughts again."

"Urgh, seriously! Why is it that you can read my thoughts, but I can't read yours!"

I flail my arms around in agitation and seeing my state, Andy starts laughing."It's not funny!" She's cute when she's angry.

Huh, what was that. I look over at Andy.

"Stop calling me cute!"

He throws his hands up warily. "I didn't say anything, honest! Wait-"

"I just heard your thoughts, didn't I?"

"Yeah."

"Wohoo!" I pump my fist in the air in celebration. When I look back at Andy, his ears have turned red. "We really need to do some training for our bond, Cas."

"Yeah, I know. Let's go and I won't run away this time. But, do you mind if I do some training for my fairy blood ability first?" He nods in understanding. "I think that's a good idea. Your spar this morning was seen by everyone, including Aspen and Randell. Better to get stronger in other areas, otherwise they'll attack knowing that you only use wind." Oh, that's right! I forgot all about those twats.

"Well, we better get moving!" Andy starts running towards the woods and I run after him.With all the training we do in the woods, I may as well live there.

...

"Alright Cas, let's see what ya got!"

"You mean right now?"

"Yep!"

"You just want we to punch you?"

"Hey, a kick works too! Whatever you want as long as you use your fairy blood powers to do it!"

"Andy, are you okay?"

"I'm great! Why?" I sigh as I stand closer to him and prepare myself.

"What?" Andy asks in response to my sigh and I shake my head in response.

"C'mon! Tell me!"

"The fact that you don't realize yourself has me quite worried for your sanity." I pat his shoulder sympathetically.

"It'll be okay Andy, one day. Hopefully. Maybe."

"I'm not mentally ill!"

"Yet you crave violence?"

"I don't crave it!"

"Denial, hm. It appears we have quite the severe case here."

"Oh boy, I think you've been spending too much time with Trace!"

"Switching the subject, are we?" I feel a smug smile tugging at my lips and I don't try to hold it back.

"Haha, very funny. Whatever! You're the one who said you wanted to train your blood power so do whatever you want, Butterfly."

"Oh, that was a low blow!" Andy responds with a wink and another one of his half smiles.

"Now we're even! Can't let you have all the fun!"

Jerk.

"I know I am." Now his half smile has turned into a smug smile as he knows he's read my mind.

"Urgh! Stop doing that!"

"Sorry princess! No can do since I can't control it!"

Another wink follows this and I step forward, grabbing his collar.

"Stop."

I meet his eyes and I can see them sparkling like the stars, showing that the light will never burn out. Meaning neither will his insistence on making fun of me. "Whatever! We've wasted to much time, so I'm just gonna use my powers randomly! "

"Oh and if I hit you you had that coming!" Andy grabs my arm. "Cas, wait a sec."

"What?" I answer him, irritated.

"I think we just trained our bond."

"What do you mean?" I look at him confused, as I don't remember doing any special training with each other. All we did was pick on each other.

"Exactly!" I glare at him and with a half smile on his face he mouths 'sorry.'

"I think I figured something out! By picking on each other it shows how close our bond is and the more we do it, the closer we get!"

Taking in this information, I begin to understand. It does make sense as every time we've read each others thoughts, we were making our bond stronger. This does not explain why we were signalled out to have this bond, or the purpose of it. There are many people in The Compound who are developing bonds not just us, and I'm making bonds with others not just Andy. So why in the world was this seal given to us and what are we supposed to do with it?

"It does make sense, but what is the purpose of it?"

"Hey, don't worry! We'll figure it all out! This is just the beginning and besides we have four helping hands doing research in the library!" I smile as I think of the four of them taking turns to read through those mountain of books and reading them together when they have time. The more I think about it, the bigger the smile gets on my face as I imagine their arguments they have with each other and how many times Flare would try to set the boys on fire.

"Man, this is fun!" I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I look over at Andy who has a smug smile on his face and I groan inwardly. At this rate I won't be able to think at all around this guy and I may as well be a brainless moron who smacks into walls all the time because she can't think! Why in the world can I not hate this annoying jerk in front of me? Boy would it make my life so much easier and less complicated!

"Are you going to stop that anytime soon?" I ask him, but as I do a grin appears on his face and it widens the more I glare at him. "Hey I can't help it! You're just too cute!"

"That's it! I need to train, so let me repeat this one more time: I am not responsible for any injuries you may experience!"

"Aw Cas, we both know you won't hurt me!"

"Argh!" I activate my fairy blood powers, causing my wings to come out and I take off, drowning out Andy's laughter in the process. What makes me so annoyed is that he's right. He may annoy me, but I will never be able to hurt him. I shake my head and begin to concentrate on my training.

Okay. Focus. You can fly which is pretty awesome what else can you do with this power?

You've already shown one aspect of this blood power.

Looks like the voice is back, coursing through my temples with only a mild ache this time.

Yeah, and which one was that? I bite back.

Clairvoyance. You would not have been able to see that vision if you did not possess the power too.

Huh, I guess that makes sense.

Ok, that's one down.

"Cas, you okay!"

I realize that I've been pressing my fingers against my temples and from the ground I probably look like I'm in pain. Gesturing to my head, I try to convey that the mysterious voice is speaking and it appears to have worked as Andy nods in understanding.

So voice, any other powers you want to share with me?

You've already displayed a few more.

I have?

Healing.

What? But, I thought that was because of my wind ability?

No my dear. The wind was the means, but the power resides in your blood. The same goes for how you were able to sense the nature around you.

Alright, I guess I can understand that. Anything else?

You have enhanced senses - as seen in your night vision.

Wait, how-

I have seen everything, my dear.

Well, that's creepy.

Had I not seen, you would not know.

True.

The final one I can tell you is simple. Durability.

Yep, that makes sense. I remember my spar with Andy, how I was able to take all the hits and how quickly I healed afterwards.

Wait, what did you mean by powers 'you can tell me'?

My dear, all the powers I have told you about are powers you have already awoken, but did not understand. You have two more to awaken that are simple. Once you awaken those, you will have gotten the basics of this blood power.

Basics?

Development, my dear.

Okay, any more 'my dears' from this voice and I'm gonna lose it!

You must control yourself.

Yeah, yeah. I have powers to find, so can you leave me alone now?

Yes this is goodbye, for now.

I roll my eyes in my head. That voice never ceases to annoy me.

Taking a deep breath, I focus in on my blood as I feel the energy within it. I try to pick out anything new and without realizing it, I become completely focused. That's when I hear Andy shout in surprise.

"WHAT THE HECK!! Caterpillar, that's not funny! Come out from hiding!"

What's he talking about?

"I may have looked away, but it was only for a second! You'll have to be more clever than that!"

That's when I look down and I notice that my body is gone.

Oh my god! I can turn invisible?! Well, that's one down. One more to go.

I focus back in on Andy and will myself to be visible again.

"Wickleberry! I wasn't hiding, it's my new skill!"

"You can turn invisible?"

"Heck yeah!"

"Awesome! Are you done training?"

"Not yet!"

"Okay, but hurry up!"

"Don't know if that's possible!"

Andy bows mockingly.

"Please take your time, your highness. I'll just make myself at home since it looks like I'll be living here for a while!"

"Jerk!"

I feel this warmth surge within me as I bubble with annoyance. At first I thought it was just anger surging together with my annoyance, but that's when a light shines from my body and lights up the clearing.

Andy throws his arms up to cover his eyes from the brightness, moving back away from it.

Oh god. I quickly calm myself down and feel the warmth leave my body as the light goes out.

"Cas. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!"

"Okay, now I'm done my training."

He raises an eyebrow up at me.

"Hold on a sec! I'll explain everything , just let me get back to ground level!"

I tuck in my wings and start my decent, but as I'm heading down another migraine kicks in, blinding me with the pain. The only thing I can do is clutch my head in pain as I decent lower and lower into the black hole that awaits me in my mind. Leaving me unguarded to the vision that begins rolling in like the credits at the end of a movie.

"CAS!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 7.1K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
1.4K 204 29
*** First book in the series *** Ember appeared to be the typical outcast at high school, always sitting alone and avoiding any interaction. However...
70.1K 4K 30
Aern's only job is to protect the chosen. The trouble is, she's the key to a prophecy and everyone wants her. Hiding a girl in the center of a secret...
275K 17.1K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...