Dragon's Fire

By Monique2703

( Completed) There has been a war between two species for generations. Dragon Masters... born from the blo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
Author Note
Sneak Peak

Chapter 22

27 4 0
By Monique2703

Mernique kept on seeing these images of how she kills them... hurt the people she loved. She couldn't hear or see anything.

Just endless nightmares... when she saw Raymond's face the panic began...but the more she tried to control it the worse it got.... The more out of hand it got. As a mortal she never had to be afraid for hurting them... she was the one watching them erupt. She was shaking so much her powers screaming... threatening to consume her. 

Calm...calm...calm...she whispered to herself. The roaring in her ears won't stop and a massive wind was blowing at her. Raymond was dead... but he was standing... bruised and bloody but alive. You killed him. A voice whispered...yes...she saw him die there is no way that was Raymond. That was a trick on her mind.

Raymond is gone... nothing is bringing him back. Yes, child give in...they would be safer...from you. She held her arms around her body. "Mernique!" A familiar voice called. No, she told them to stay away. She willed the storm to grow. It became stronger, faster and hotter." Mernique! Where are you?" The voice called again.

 "Go away! Please...just go!" She begged the voice to be smart to leave her and run. Soon a figure appeared in front of her. Raymond once again in his fighting leathers bruised and bloody but... this is punishment. It must be it... "Go away! Leave me alone!"The storm grew worse. No, no stay calm she urged herself. "No... I won't leave you alone.

I am a stubborn guy and you would have to do more than a little fire then to scare me off!" The voices grew again...killer, murderer, traitor... The storm wasn't touching him... it was flowing past him like it would part for him. He moved to her but she scrambled away from him her vision felt dark and her body drained. Good, then this nightmare would end.

"Mernique! Stop running from me!" Raymond followed her unfazed by the storm. How is that possible? She moved deeper in the storm when she crashed on her knees. She sensed Raymond nearby," If you were Raymond you would have been smart... the Raymond I know isn't reckless and stupid. 

He would know when he sees a threat and...eliminate it."She swallowed... what she was asking from him..."If you really were Raymond you would know it is not safe near me, because of last time and you would run and safe yourself...save my family. "He was quiet... he was gone. It was just a mirage that is all... You think you can control this... you can't.

She felt the power leaving her body. She couldn't stand this much longer... She felt a hand on her shoulder. Raymond was kneeling next to her, his blue eyes sparked with life. She tried wriggling free... getting away but he held on his grip.

She closed her eyes letting her greatest regret be the last thing she sees," Look at me. "He said but his voice would be the last thing she hears. She suddenly felt a hand titling her chin up and the words he spoke were so strong and firm, "Look at me. You are not a monster. You are not a killer.

 You're a strong girl who has come too far to let this be the end. You're the girl who jumped in front of rocks to save my sister... shoved my brother out the way to save his life... saved a dragon.... Saved me..." She felt a few tears fell down her cheek and he wiped them away." I didn't save you I killed you..." She was smashed with reality.

Lifeless Raymond... grey eyes...  the life fading from it. He released her chin and gently took her hand. She tried yanking it back but his grip was like steel. He placed it on his chest right where his heart should be. 

The heart she felt stop. She felt something beating softly against her fingers," You are selfless, reckless and brave. Yes, you don't think before jumping head first but you showed me what was like to feel again. Not to be... alone, worthless, cold.

You showed me what kindness is, to care for someone you...gave that to me. You did save me Mernique. You did." She curled her hand in a fist on his shirt still feeling the steady beating of his heart.

 He leaned his forehead against hers and she whispered..."Are you not afraid of me? Don't you think I am dangerous?" She whispered but the storm was slowing down... growing weak. "Never. You didn't hurt anyone; you didn't let your powers spiral out of control. You didn't hurt me. You just wanted to trap yourself for you were scared you hurt them.

You were more scared of hurting them then... yourself. Your powers is something like I have never seen before but it doesn't terrify me but... it amazes me." She smiled for he was talking like a crazy man if this didn't terrify him. "Then why don't I believe you?" She teased but felt the heaviness in those words. 

The storm inside her calmed..." I knew you were going to say that." He grinned wickedly and she tried to hide her smile. He placed both hands against her cheek and leaned forward until his mouth brushed hers.

Her insides exploded and she felt like she was on fire. She didn't know where she began and ended. The fire died immediately and there was a calmness in her now and happiness.

Raymond... Her Raymond was alive.When he withdrew the storm was starting to fade. His eyes were shinning like stars and he had grin plastered on his face.

 She blinked wondering what to say to smack that grin off his face until the darkness slammed into her. No dreams,no nightmares, no paradise, no brother and no flashback. She was just lying in the darkness not knowing if she is dead or alive.

She didn't even hear voices.Maybe they were still shaken or repairing damage or they are afraid of her. She wouldn't blame them... she scared herself but she didn't want to imagine how they felt standing on the outside. Looking at that fiery hurricane. Not the way she wanted to tell them she was a Dragon Master but one way to go.

She soon felt a cold liquid dripping down her throat and her eyes flung open and she coughed her lungs out. "Ah, I knew this would kick start your body." A familiar voice said. The taste... the taste was horrid. It taste like something an elephant threw up on, a cat peed on and then a dog pooped on. She coughed trying to get the taste out of her mouth. 

Raymond was sitting in an armchair watching her. His eyes sparked with amusement; he bit his lip not to burst out laughing. "Here wash it out with water." He handed her a water bottle and she gratefully took it. "What the hell did you give me?" She asked before gulping the water greedily down.

He had a wicked grin on his face and knew she would regret what she asked," Troll toe fungus with a little dragon urine  to kick start the body." She stopped and spewed the water from her mouth.

"Ugh! Are you serious?!" She asked wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "No, but I wanted to see your reaction." He burst out laughing and she glared at him. "It doesn't matter what it is but where you trying to bring me back or kill me." She said bitterly lying back on the pillow. She was in the same room Gabriel and Charlotte brought her into.

 Nothing fancy... a bathroom, a double bed, a bedside table and a bookshelf. "You were dead... you would swear you were never kissed by a man before... but I understand getting one from me is beyond anything." She snorted,rolling her eyes," I thought the fairy tale goes like the prince wakes the princess from her sleep not put her in one." She spat and saw him grin. "Did I... I didn't hurt you did I?" She asked searching his body for any sign of injuries.

For days she though he was dead and now...it was unbelievable. "Yes, as you can see.This body is nothing but perfect." He winked at her and she chucked a pillow at him. He dodged the pillow. "I'm serious." She said too lazy to go fetch the pillow. Raymond retrieved it and placed it next to her.

 He sat on the edge of the bed shooing her legs to move over and make space for him. He gently took her hand," I am alright although you gave me a heart attack when you just crumbled to the ground." He squeezed her hand and she saw he was only joking with her to hide his concern." That is rare." She teased and he chucked her with the pillow.

She yelped but fell on her side laughing. "No fair! I was trapped! At least you could move!" She said through her laughter. "With your powers... I doubt that would be a problem." She stuck her tongue out to him when it dawned to her." Was everyone..." Raymond already read the question in her eyes for he softened.

" They are fine but Gabriel was so pale he looked like a corps and Charlotte was gaping and Ella was trying to calm Roland who looked like he had a heart attack." She closed her eyes and sighed. 

Great finally she fits in only to stand out. "There terrified of me... poor Inge." She held her head in her hands. "Derek took Inge away just as your powers started spinning out of control. I think their shocked more than terrified. You are very powerful for a youngling. " He tried comforting her.

There was a few moments before he asked," When did you get your powers?" Mernique sighed but lifted her head from her hands." After I grabbed the scroll and took off in a direction and it followed me. That is when you grabbed me but it wasn't you... it was the House of Nightmares. 

You hid us from the stinger but then you demanded to have the scroll and then you attacked me. I saw you changed into a Draco and in the end you were about to stab me when I stabbed you but you did stab me. I tried to get out the house for I send word to my brother were Inge is and hoped he would get her out. 

The darkness tried to get to me. On my way to the secret camp Aragon was shot down and that is when a lot of Draco's ambushed me but then... I was so raw after your death I... I used the scroll to summon the fire wolves and Dragons and in the fight I... evolved. So thanks to you I got my fire back. You kept your promise and you restored my fire.

Your death sparked it back to life. "She looked outside the window." You summoned Fire wolves? They don't exist anymore." Raymond was frowning as if he already knew the answer but just didn't want to admit it. "I know but through the object I could connected with the mirror realm and pull them out.

The scroll did most of the heavy lifting. " Raymond didn't like that... the thought of something so powerful in a small object. The mattress groaned when he stood up the heat still there where he sat a few moments ago. "I knew the scroll was a weapon but this?

 Why didn't you tell anyone you had the scroll?" Mernique sighed," Because I didn't know if the traitor was among us. I was also afraid if I told anyone then the traitor might hurt the people I care about like Ella, Gabriel, Charlotte, Inge and Roland.

I wanted to give it to Derek where I know it would be safe." Her voice sounded so empty even to her own ears." There is something you are not telling me." He said seeing her expression or sensing it.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breathe, she twined her hands together," I found the lab where they took my powers and poisoned me." His eyes went wide and his body tense but he waited patiently for her to continue. 

"It was at the House of Nightmares... Inge was strapped to the metal bed but was at least unharmed I came in time." Raymond's knuckle was white where he gripped. She sensed the anger rolling off him, heard his quick intake of breathe thanks to her Dragon ears now. "Mernique..." He began already knowing she was withholding information.

This will be the toughest thing for Ella ever; she would be so disappointed in her family. Her heart is already breaking for her. "I know who the traitor is." She swallowed and saw Raymond whip his head to her." It is Ella's farther. His son Edward is involved too" She spoke so softly she could barely hear herself. 

"Edward?" Raymond asked surprised wondering probably what he had to gain in this. "They were speaking to Draco's... Draco Generals. They wanted the scroll but then in the end turned the deal of Barry getting me first but then the Draco King.

Then he can take me back to experiment on me again. Take me back to that horrid place." Her voice was shaky. Raymond was silent...very quiet." I know it is hard to believe but I am working on..." "I think I have a faster way... I can dream walk but also read minds. It is a few traits I inherited by my Grandfather.

If you would let me I will see everything and hear everything you did...maybe a little more but the minute it starts getting painful you tell me for it means I am digging to deep and can hurt you." His tone was serious no games anymore," What is the worst that could happen?" She teased trying to ease the mood.

" I can shatter your brain or you're very existence which means you will haunt me for as long as I live and I planned to have a peaceful five hundred years of retirement. "She saw the joke he made but there was something that flashed behind his eyes.

Maybe all the Draco's he had to kill still haunts him if they were good people or bad people. He is young and already has so many deep scars. "Well... let's go pick through my brain."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
1.6K 70 17
Draco Malfoy, five years after the Battle of Hogwarts, has built a life for himself. He runs a successful business in Diagon Alley and keeps to hims...
221K 11.3K 102
They used to love her. They used to worship her. They used to follow her. But when the desperate queen of angels feels something she's never felt be...
461K 28.7K 93
Soon, I was thrusting my chest out to him, as I moaned. Moaned out loud. Trying to give him unhindered passage to my breasts. "Please" I moaned. "Pl...