Passing the Board Exam by Mal...

By malditanglibrarian

Here's a handy eBook of all my board exam tips with some additional content. This little eBook is meant to mo... More

Prayer for Test-takers
Introduction
Studying Tips Part 1: Study Smarter
Studying Tips Part 2: On the Actual Exam
"The Secret" of Topping the Board
5 things to Remember in Preparing for the Board
6 Ways to Improve Your Focus
Review Center or Self-Review? Pros and Cons
Don't Overlook your Health
Encouragement for the Board Exam (that has nothing to do with studying)
5 Reasons to strive for the Top Spot or Top 10, and 1 downside when you succeed
5 Bible Verses for your Review
Congrats, you passed! So, what's next?
Failure is not the End

Tips for the 6 Subjects of the LLE

153 2 0
By malditanglibrarian

I took the exam last 2015 so these tips might not apply to future exams. One should always be updated about the exam content and studying the background of the current Board of Examiners might give a clue on the subject emphasis of the exam.

These are the subjects covered for the usual 2-day librarians' licensure exam and their percentages:

Day 1

Management 20%

Cataloging 20%

Indexing & Abstracting 15%

Day 2

Reference 20%

Selection & Acquisition 15%

IT 10%

Total: 100%. Remember that the passing grade for each exam is 50% but your average for all the subjects should be 75% or more to PASS.

For Management, Reference, and Selection & Acquisition: It is important to cover the basic theory and theorists of each subject. One should be able to analyze situational questions in the library setting.

Information Technology. Study the basics but also try to be updated in the latest technological trends in computers, social networks, the internet, and libraries.

Cataloging & Classification. Study the main classifications of both Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress cataloging systems. Practical know-how in cataloging is tested.

Indexing & Abstracting. Study citation styles and indexing styles for different print and online sources. Practice analyzing and comprehending abstracts to determine what kind of abstracts they are and their main subjects. During my time, this exam looked like a test of reading comprehension, but recent examinees have said that their exam was very different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 124 40
*rewrites pending* Mae's mother left her when she was six years old, prompting her and her father to leave behind their lives in Sanfransokyo for a r...
180K 6.4K 50
Here you will find out some "Psychological Facts" Find yourself and be that! ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ #1 in facts โคโคโค #1 in brainโคโคโค #1...
25.4K 420 200
Grammar, vocabulary, interviews. Everything you can imagine, ...
1K 94 27
They're irresistible, but toxic. At first, a man like this may seem like a gift from fate. However, soon the duped victim, caught in a web of manipul...