The Malfoy Bride {A Dramione...

By sxgittxrius

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, you have always been betrothed to one, Hermione Guinevere Riddle." _____ After his pare... More

synopsis
story notes
prologue
Folders (2)
Secrets (3)
The First Meeting (4)
The Sorting (5)
Flight (6)

Receiving THE Letter (1)

1.4K 25 3
By sxgittxrius

THE SMALL CHILD twist and turn in her large queen bed as she tries to avoid the harsh sunlight coming through her open window, groaning in annoyance at the sound of birds chirping the morning away. As she turns to her stomach she hears the sound of paper slightly crunching beneath her body. She sits up to find two letters on top of her blanket addressed to her.

Miss Hermione Guinevere R. D. Granger

The bedroom on the right, at the top of the stairs

08 Heathgate

Hampstead Garden Suburb

LONDON

"Hermione Guinevere R.D. Granger? Is this for me?" she flips the letter towards the back, " It does have my address on it, it also knew where my bedroom is! Oh, they probably mistyped my middle name wrong." she exclaimed as she flipped the letter to find a red wax stamped with a 'H'. She then picked up a pale blue letter with another stamped wax sealed, except it's blue with the letter 'B'.

Miss Hermione Guinevere R. D. Granger

The bedroom at the top of the stairs

08 Heathgate

Hampstead Garden Suburb

LONDON

"Did mum, left it here? I guess she did if it really was for me." As she opened the letters, she squinted and wondered if someone decided it was her turn to be pranked.

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc, Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump. International Confed of Wizards)

Dear Miss Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

She then opened the other pale blue letter, reading the contents, which then she realised that they were schools for wizards and witches. One was from Hogwarts and the other was a place called Beauxbatons. Gingerly, she set the letters on her lap and threw herself back onto her pillows and sighed.

What just happened. That was probably some kind of joke by someone, I'm sure of it. She thought. A School? For Magic?

It wasn't a moment later when her mum knocked on her door, knocking her out of her thoughts.

"Hermione, dear? Are you awake?" Gwen, questioned as she opened her daughter's door narrowly.

"Yes, mum!"

"Get dressed and come down, there's a guest for you." Her mum called out.

"Alright, give me a few minutes!" She replied while taking herself out of bed.

She wondered who this guest would be, for them to come on a weekend. After she dressed, brushed her hair, and tied a bow to her hair, she went down and was greeted by an ageing woman standing taller than her mother and wearing what it looked like to be robes and a witches' hat you'd only see during Halloween.

"Hermione, sweetheart, this is Minerva McGonagall. She came here especially for you. Please Ms McGonagall, have a seat on the lounge, would you like some tea?" Gwen asked their guest.

"Thank you, Mrs Granger that'd be lovely." McGonagall accepted her offer as she started to take a seat in their lounge.

"Miss Granger, did you receive the letter from Hogwarts." The deputy picked the cup as she takes a small sip.

"I did, I also receive-" Hermione was then interrupted by a knock on the front door. "I'll get that Mum! Sorry, Ma'am, I'll just get the door." Hermione ran to the front and opened the door to see a middle aged woman wearing a blue dress that'd you'd also see during the 40s.

"Are you Miss Hermione Guinevere R. D. Granger?" The woman in blue questioned.

"I am Hermione Granger, is this about the letter?" she questions.

"Ah, so you did receive it, oui? I am Constance Bereux. "

"Yes. Thank you for sending it. Would you like to come in?" Hermione offered.

"That'd be lovely child. I must say I never expected it to be pouring in England." The lady walked in through the hallway but it mostly looked like she glided in with how much her dress touched the floor. "Oh mon, Deputy Headmistress McGonagall, oui?" Seeing another Deputy sitting on the Granger's home lounge.

"Bereux, what are you here for, this child is a Britain citizen." Hogwarts Deputy raised one of her brows as she sets her cup of tea down.

"As she is also French citizen, it is written according to the book."

Gwen returned with two cups of tea, one was mainly for her and their guest but gasped as she sees another, covering her shock to the familiar woman with surprise.

"Oh, I didn't realise we had another guest, would you like a cup of tea?" Gwen sets the cups in front of their first guest.

"Mrs Granger, I must say you look a great deal like someone I once knew." Bereux stated as she looked over Hermione's mothers face.

"Thank you, I have been told I look a lot like someone. May I ask what brings you two ladies to our home?" Gwen holds her cheek to her palm as her eyes glinted mischievously in an untold secret.

"Should we wait for Mr Granger to arrivée?" The French Deputy looked around the house for a manly figure.

Gwen sadly smiled and replied "I'm afraid not, he died when Hermione was around six."

"Terribly apologize Mrs Granger. I will speak for the both of Constance and I, but we came here to tell you that your daughter has been accepted to both of our schools."

"What kind of school is it, this school of Magic?" Hermione asked in wonder.

"M-magic?" Gwen Granger stuttered in surprise, turning her head at her daughter, who seems to know about this topic already.

"Yes, we know that there are not a single of magic in the Granger blood, in our world, we would call it Muggle." Bereux explained.

"What is this muggle term you speak of?" Gwen Granger questioned.

"It is when a child or family comes from a non-magic person, usually the term is used when one does not have the ability to perform magic." Hogwarts Deputy explained.

"But, you say my daughter has magic."

"Mrs Granger, would it be rude of us if we call you by your given name?" McGonagall inquired.

"I wouldn't mind, my last name must be a mouthful, please call me Gwen." she smiled.

"Gwen, yes, your daughter has the ability to perform magic, it would be unheard of for some non-magical folk to not have any, this is why we call them muggles." Bereux sighed in annoyance.

"Gwen, the school term will start on the 1st of September, we are coincidentally both here to tell you and Miss Granger that she has been accepted to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as well as Beuxbaton Academy." States McGonagall, "If you accept one of our prestigious schools, you must folow the procedures, if anyone ask where Miss Hermione goes to school, it is recommended if you tell them that she either goes to a boarding school in Scotland or France."

"Yes, once you think about where you would like to send your daughter, please owl us. I will leave an owl, do not worry much as the owl knows where to take the letter." Bereux finished her tea before getting up from her seat.

"I will do the same." McGonagall followed suit.

"We must get going, we have stayed a little later than expected. Gwen, Miss Granger. We'll hear from you soon."

As the two left the Granger home, Gwen cleared the table as her daughter leaned her head back to the couch, stared at the ceiling and sighed in awe.

"Mum, can you believe it?! I got accepted into what they call prestigious Magic schools."

"Hermione, we have to talk." Her mother placed her hand onto her head as she patted her child's hair.

"What is it?" Hermione nervously bit onto her lips.

Gwen walked to stand beside the couch, placing her hands on her shoulders. "Don't be nervous my love, but we are not muggles."

"W-we're not? But why didn't you say anything?"

"I had to protect you, I couldn't trust the both of them. It has been a while since anyone with magical abilities approached us. Hermione, what I'm about to tell you will change your thoughts on things and I want you to know that I'm still and always will be your mother. I love you my love." Gwen kissed her daughter's head.

"Of course I'll always love you, you're my mother after all." She smiled, "I'm not adopted am I?" Hermione joked.

_____

edited 07.08.22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
256K 16.7K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
443K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
600K 30.3K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...