Pararescue's Heart (RWBY AU)...

By knownasS01

This story took place in alternative universe (AU) where Grimms are still exists but no semblance or aura. In... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue
Epilogue (Happy Ending)

Chapter 2

9.8K 87 49
By knownasS01

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

-TOC-

"LEEROY JENKINS!"

The alarm went on as the intel from the battle came in. Eric, the intel officer turned his head towards his monitor and began to gather the intels. Maverick, the medical officer who's incharge for the medical equipment for the PJ's joined in.

Maverick: "What do we have?"

Eric: "Let's see.... Two patient. Seems to be a male adult and a child. Could be father and children. Got caught up in the heat of battle between the Fangs and the Green Berets."

Maverick: "Allright." He then went to the microphone and turned it on. "Pedro 64. Scramble. Scramble. Scramble." He then turned the mic off and began to inspect the intel again. Right after that, Seth, Yang and (Y/n) entered the room.

(Y/n): "Allright, what do we got here?"

Maverick: "Two patients. Male adult and a child. Got caught up in the middle of the battle between the Fangs and Green berets. They were evacuates by the Green Berets and had been given medical attention at there. Their condition is still unclear." He then handed the paper to (Y/n). He nodded and gestured to Yang to go to the helicopter.

Seth: "(Y/n), are you sure that you're ready for this?" He asked him.

(Y/n): "100 percent sure." He said with confident.

Seth: "Good. Now go to the chopper now." He said and patted his back. (Y/n) nodded and he jogged out from the room.

-At the helipad-

The rest of Pedro 64 were busy wearing their gears and preparing the medical equipment. Yang then arrived and began to wear her gears. The pilots began to start up the pave hawk's engine.

Brett: *yelling* "What's the situation?"

Yang: *yelling* "Two patients. Male adult and child!" She said as she put her helmet on and attached the helmet straps. Brett nodded and hopped into the chopper. He reached out for the IV bag from a medical pouch and hook it up. (Y/n) eventually arrived and began to wear his gears. Yang tapped his shoulder and (Y/n) looked at her while adjusting his plate carrier.

Yang: "You okay?"

(Y/n): "100 percent okay, Yang! Thanks for asking." He said and smiled. Yang nodded and hopped into the chopper and make a final check on her weapon. (Y/n) then hopped into the chopper and put on his gloves. He then pressed the comms button to make sure its working.

(Y/n): "PJ's, comms check." He looked at Brett and Yang and they gave the okay signal. "Trail helicopter, comms check." He then looked out at the trail helicopter and saw three PJ's gave the okay signal. "Pilot, all good. Clear for takeoff." He radioed the pilot.

John: "Roger." He then signalled to the marshall that he's ready for takeoff. With the final hand signal given by the marshall, which he rise his hand upwards and then gave him the salute John pulled the engine power lever up and the helicopter's engine produced more power making the helicopter went up. Both of the pave hawks then climbed up and flew to the battle area.

As the helicopter reached about 6,000 feet above sea level, the PJ's received an update from the TOC.

TOC: "Pedro 64, MIST update. Both of the patients had suffered heavy injuries and lost a lots of blood. Both of them... died due to the blood loss."

This earned shock expression from the PJ's and even the pilot.

(Y/n): "Play ops, can you confirm that again?" He asked for the confirmation. He couldn't believe that the patients died too fast.

TOC: "Confirmed by the Green Berets who evacuated them. They've done what they could to slow down the blood but there's lots of gun wounds on both of the bodies. For now, pick them from the area and transfer the bodies to Role 3... The Green Berets send an apologize for not saving them fast...."

(Y/n): "They've done their best. I can understand that. Pedro on route to pick up the bodies."

TOC: "Play ops, copy."

The whole flight were in complete silence except from the sound of the communication between the pilot. Deep inside the PJ's heart, they felt a bit of guilty. They've been through lots of mission where they went to pick up the dead bodies but they still didn't get used to it. Only they kew the feeling when your job is to save them, but they died before you managed to put a needle on them.

-Battleground-

The fight between the Fangs and the Green Berets were still going on. Both sides continued to spray the bullets. A team of Green Berets medic were half kilometres away from the heat of battle with the dead bodies. As they saw the helicopter approaching, one of them threw the green smoke grenade, indicating the landing zone.

John: "Pedro 64 to the ground force. Are the landing zone is clear from IED?" He radioed the medics.

Medic: "Confirmed. The zone is cleared from IED. You can land now!"

John: "Roger." He then controlled the helicopter and slowly making a descend to the landing zone. Chris, the door gunner peeked out and watched the tail gear.

Chris: "Touch down in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." The tail gear hit the ground first. "Tail gear down." Then, the main gear touched the ground. "Main gear down. All down." He then went back into the helicopter. "PJ, they're on your right. 2'o clock." He said as he pointed towards the direction with his hand. Brett slided the left door closed and the trio hopped out from the helicopter. The rotor blade caused a small sandstorm around the helicopter, giving the PJ's a hard time to see the actual direction. They followed where Chris pointed and soon found the medics and the dead bodies that were put in the body bags. Brett and Yang began to carry the dead male adult.

Medic: "I'm sorry that we couldn't save their lives. We were too late because of the constant fire from the Fangs... They managed to hit them first when we wanted to save them... Fucking fangs...." He said as he lowered his head. (Y/n) then put his hand on his right shoulder.

(Y/n): "It's allright. It's not your fault. This is the reality of battle. Innocent people always caught up in the middle of the fight.... You've done everything that you could to save them." He said trying to comfort him. The medic nodded. "Let's carry the child to the chopper." The medic nodded without saying any word and helped (Y/n) to carry the dead child.

Once they put the dead bodies into the chopper, the trio hopped in and Yang slided the right door closed. Then, John put more power on the engine and the helicopter began to ascending and flew to the Role 3.

(Y/n) stared at the body bags for good 5 minutes. Then, he suddenly reached  one of the body bags and pulled down the zip. For ordinary person, it will be a shocking moment. But for (Y/n), its just a normal thing. He saw a male faunus, more specifically cat faunus. The bodies were full with gun wounds. His eyes was still opened. (Y/n) gently put his fingers on the dead's eyes and closed it. He then moved to the next body bag. He unzipped it and he saw child cat faunus. What saddened the moment was the child's left eye was completely destroyed. He took a direct hit on it. (Y/n) didn't bare to watch it longer. He immediately zipped back the body bag.

Yang: "Should we give them proper burial?" She asked through comms.

(Y/n): "Both of them were civillians. But they died in the middle of the battle and still in Vale. We can give the proper burial." Yang nodded and pulled out the Vale's flags and laid it over the body bags. The trio then gave the final salute to them. Unbeknownst to (Y/n) and Brett, Yang let out a single tear but she quickly wiped it away. They then lowered their salute and waited patiently to arrive at the Role 3.

-Beacon air base-

It was a silent moment for the crew. Right after they sent the bodies to Role 3, they headed back to the air base. After both of the helicopter landed, the pilots cut down the engines and the PJ's began to take off their equipments. The crew from the trail helicopter gathered near the lead helicopter to listen more about the event.

Jeff: "How's the condition of the civillians?" He asked to Yang.

Yang: "I dunno how they looked like because I didn't even dare to watch it...." She said as she rolled her combat shirt sleeves and began to pack the medical equipment and put it back into the pouch.

(Y/n): "Both of them were cat faunus. The child's left eye was completely destryoed. Based on the damage, it seems like 7.62mm struck his eye....." He said as he unloaded his rifle. The rest of the PJ's were in shock.

John: "We could see the smokes from far. It was really intense fight there..."

Terry: "Yeah... Luckily we didn't get any lock on us... Otherwise, it would be different situation..." The pilot of the trail helicopter said.

(Y/n): "We are lucky enough to pull out from the fight without getting hit by any bullets... Allright, seems like everything has been cleaned. You all deserve some rest, for now. Now go before I ordered you to stay here and do nothing!" He said and an evil grinned plastered on his face. The crew knew that he wasn't playing around. Without words, even the pilots, ran away.

(Y/n): "Huh... Kids nowadays....." He said as he put his hand on his forehead and slightly shook his head.

Yang: "Looks like you're doing fine now..." She said. Only Yang who didn't ran away.

(Y/n): "Yeah... Just feel a bit sad about what happened...." Yang then wrapped her arm around his neck.

Yang: "Don't worry, (Y/n). This is the reality. Those innocent civillians who died, they were caught at the wrong place and wrong time. That's why we are here. To help them. Soldiers or civillians, we will save them, even bringing back their dead bodies." She said as she tried to assure him. He looked at her and smiled.

(Y/n): "You know, you could become a consultant after you retired." She then took her hand off from him.

Yang: "No! I don't want to sit behind the desk! Nooooo!!!" She yelled childishly and pouted. (Y/n) laughed and the patted her head.

(Y/n): "I know, I know... Hey, how about we go to the town? We could get a drink.. It's been a while since I went to the town.." He said as he looked at his gears.

Yang: "Sound good for me! We could get some drinks or maybe have lunch together!" She said enthusiastically. (Y/n) smiled again.

(Y/n): "Great. Now, pistol in safe mode, holstered. We are good to go." He turned to Yang. "Let's go get something to drink or eat!"

---------------------------------------------------------

(A/n): hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope that the storyline is not ridiculous or related to it..... So sorry if there's any grammatical error and of you have any questions, just drop it in the comment section or directly message me. Hope you guys have a great day/night and be safe whenever you are! Stay sharp.

Mako out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 438 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
12.2K 161 20
As a young man you were blessed with the power of an ancient god. Now you must battle to bring hope back to this new world. What challenges will you...
1.2K 8 28
This is my first story I have made so I hope you enjoy it Story: There was a team of 5 misfits created to protect/defend their universe/dimensions an...
24.9K 571 22
It's 2030 and World War 3 had finished a year before, the United States had thrived when the 47th President of the United States, Maxwell Sterling ha...