Black & Blue

By IrishEyez

Aurora is a young she-wolf who wants nothing more than to be happy with her mate and live as the Luna of his... More

Black & Blue
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
!!!!!EPILOGUE!!!!!!

Chapter 3

1.7K 60 2
By IrishEyez

*** Glad I didn't get busted working on this at work today, but I wanted to get it up for all my lovelies... Hope you all enjoy this!!!! Thank you again for reading my book.***

IrishEyez

Chapter 3

"No, no it can't be, please no." I said out loud, I immediately slapped my hand to my mouth, hoping Helen didn't hear me.

""Blue honey, are you okay?" She called from the other side of the door.

I threw on the towel and opened the door. I was met by her concerned gaze.

"Did I hear you say something?"

I refused to look her in the eyes. "Sorry, I cannot stay here, he's going to find me, I have to go." It all came out so fast that it almost sounded like gibberish. As I tried to walk past her, she grabbed my wrist to stop me and I flinched.

"Honey, what happened to you? Why do you have to leave, and who is coming after you?" She asked.

I could not hold it back anymore; I started bawling and grabbed her into a hug.

"Shhh, we are here for you now, he can't hurt you anymore. Come on, we will go down to the kitchen and have something to eat and drink, you have to be so hungry." I went and put on one of Nate’s t-shirts and a pair of shorts that Helen had got for me.

We walked into the kitchen and I sat down at the large table. The house was so homey, and I felt safe here. Within minutes Helen was back with a warmed up meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a large glass of milk. It was gone in no time. Helen and I sat up and talked for hours.

The only thing that I told her was that I moved in with my boyfriend and that he was VERY possessive.

She told me all about her husband Bill and how they were married for 32 years. He passed away suddenly two years ago in a farming accident when a tractor slipped out of park and crushed him. I could see the love and pain in her eyes as she talked about him.

Helen also told me that Nate has an older sister, her name is Jenny and she lived in Oklahoma with her husband and their three kids. They come to visit every Christmas. All of this reminded me that I have no idea where I am.

"Uh Helen, can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly

"Well of course honey, anything." She answered back with a smile I am now growing to love.

"Where are we?"

She was a little taken aback by the question. "We are in the outskirts of Ewing, Virginia. The closest neighbor is about a mile down the road. This farm that we are on has been in Bill's family for almost 150 years, and had Nate not come home when he did, we would have lost it."

Yup, knight in shining armor, I thought. "Where did you come from Blue if you are okay with telling me."

"I would rather not, the less you know, the better. I would not want anything to happen to you."

"I know you will tell us when you are ready, it's okay." She was so understanding and I could not help but feel that she needed the company as much as me.

"Thank you for understanding Helen, you had mentioned that Nate came home when Bill passed away, was he off at school?" I wanted, no needed to know everything about Nate.

"He was actually in the Marine's and they gave him an honorable discharge when his dad passed away. He had to a lot to get it though, they didn't want one their finest leaving. But once they found out that we would lose the farm, they agreed to it. He wants to go back, I can tell." She got up and came back into the room with several photo albums. It seems that Helen loved taking pictures and there was lots of them.

In all of them, everyone is happy and smiling, all of them that is except for Nate’s official Marine photos. He was very stoic and proper, but I saw the very glint in his eyes that I see today.

"Morning mom, morning Blue, how long have you been up?" I turned and saw Nate smiling at us as he went to his mom and placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Where is your IV Blue?" He asked looking from me to his mom.

"Don't look at me like that Nathanial William Pierce, I was not going to let her be confined to that bed until the Doc gets here, and we never went back to bed. We have been up talking all night. Oh, and Blue does know how to talk."

"Wait, what, she talked to you?"

"Yes she did." I said back to him. His gaze flew to me as I smiled back at him.

He smiled at me. "Well, I must say that I am glad you decided to start talking. What have you been doing all this time?" He stopped to look at all the photo albums spread out all over the table.

"Oh mom, you didn't?" She smiled as she got up from the table and walked over to the coffeepot and poured each of us some.

"What, she has a right to know who she is staying with."

"Fine, but no embarrassing stories please." Nate took another sip of his coffee. "Well, i'm going to get chores done; Charlie should be here any minute."

"Who's Charlie?" I didn't like that someone else was going to know I was here.

"Oh, he's our farmhand, comes and helps with the chores and fieldwork." Helen answered back.

With great timing we heard the dogs start barking and a green pickup pulled up by the house. Seconds later a kid that can only be about 16 walked in.

"Morning all, got any coffee ready?" He was cute with very red hair and brown eyes, and talked about tall and skinny, he was about 6' and looked like a bean pole. And he is VERY human. "Who do we have here? Nate you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

"No Charlie, this is our friend Blue, she needed a place to stay." Nate placed his hands onto my shoulders and I immediately pulled away. "Sorry Blue, I didn't mean anything by that."

I could feel the tears coming back. "Sorry, I just need a minute." I jumped up and ran outside. There was a big willow tree in the front yard with a picnic table next to it, so I ran to it. My wolf was begging to come out and I needed to hold her back as long as possible.

I heard the screen door slam shut and I flinched again. Damn-it, I thought, I know Nate wouldn't hurt me, but being weak and on guard was all I knew for the last two years, I was not going to be fixed over night.

"Blue, can I talk to you please?" I heard Nate ask as he walked up behind me.

I turned in the seat and tried wiping the tears away from my face the best I could.

"Sure." was all I could say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you back there. When I found you, you were so bruised that I should have realized that doing something like that would not be such a good thing. Will you tell me what happened to you?" He asked.

I knew that I would not be able to hide the truth from him forever. I felt the need to tell him everything; I would just have to leave out the parts about being a pregnant werewolf. "Only if I tell you and you keep an open mind, can you do that Nate?"

"Of course, but I cannot promise that i will not fund this bastard that hurt you and kill him." I could tell he was already mad.

"You can't do that, you have to promise me that you will not go after him, promise me please Nate." I didn't even realize that I had taken his hands into mine as I pleaded with him.

"Okay, I promise that I will not go after him Blue." He squeezed my hands as I started the the tale of my sorted past.

"Well two years ago, shortly after my 18th birthday, I went to live with my so called 'boyfriend' because I was put into an arranged relationship with him. He was really nice and sweet talked my parents into letting me go with him. It all changed so quickly that I was blindsided. I know my folks would not have let me go it they knew the kind of monster that they sent me with. When we got back to his house, I was taken to the attic and locked there. He only fed me scraps and I was wasting away." Tears were forming on my eyes and I was getting choked up. Nate was rubbing his thumb on my hand and it seemed to calm be down a little bit. 

"You don't need to go on if you don't want to Blue; I know this has to be hard on you." He was so quiet saying it to me that if I was not a werewolf, I may not have heard it.

"No, you deserve to know and honestly, I need to get it out." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I found out I was pregnant, only wanted a boy and as if knowing it wouldn't be, he started beating me until I miscarried at about 11 weeks and it was a girl. About six months later I was pregnant again and again he forced me to miscarry for a second time, another girl. The beatings became more and more frequent and he gave me less and less to eat. I was too weak to fight him off, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I started doing little exercises and I made a weapon from wood that I broke off the wall.

One night he came to me to try and get me pregnant again and after he raped me, I stabbed him. I left and didn't look back. I ran until I collapsed and that’s when you found me." I looked at him and saw the shock in his eyes.

"Holy shit Blue, I'm so sorry you went through that. No one should ever do that to someone else. I just... I can't wrap my brain around everything that you've been through. How are you still alive?"

I shook my head. "Honestly, I don't know Nate, but I'm glad I survived, because it led me to you." As if being controlled by my wolf, I leaned into Nate and rested my head on his shoulder. We just say there for a while and I heard Charlie come out and head to the barn. Shortly after,   a big silver SUV pulled into the driveway and I panicked.

“Calm down Blue, it’s just Doc Tanner, its okay.” I was shaking and wrapped my arms around Nate, never wanting to let him go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 3 24
Nix, a young arctic wolf, is thrown into a spiral of hell. First, her grandfather meets his demise, then she's told by her deceased brother that she...
39.2K 381 22
Aurora Brooks has never wanted anything more than to just be a regular teenaged girl. But that is far from what she actually is. Aurora is suicidal a...
3.7K 84 58
Aurora's life has always been boring and simple, so she's the total opposite. She's daring and a rebel which is always getting her in trouble in scho...
399 17 27
Aurora is a young werewolf just waiting for her mate like most other shewolfs. What happens as highschool starts and hormones rage in her group of fr...