The Ghost's Love /Enoch O'Con...

By ihearDilfs

"I can never let my mind be its self, for it is the worst place I could ever be, They try and get into my hea... More

Ghosts of loneliness
¤1'
¤3'
¤4'
¤5'
¤6'

¤2'

10.4K 186 215
By ihearDilfs

Y/N POV

"Y/n??" I heard someone say. I mumbled, wrapping myself in the blanket. "Y/N!" I heard them again. I jumped up, almost hitting jake in the face and tumbled off the small bed.

I sat up off the floor rubbing my head. I looked up to see jake chuckling. "yeah Haha, But remember LITTLE BRO! I'm older and I'll get you back." I said standing up, I always liked using the "I'm older" trick.

"Oh come on, you're older by like 8 minutes." Jake grumbled. I chuckled and got up from my place on the floor. "Get changed quickly we're going to the children's home again" jake said. I nodded grabbing some clothes ((Of your choice)) and put on a black beanie. I stepped into the bathroom Changing as quickly as possible and stumbled back to jake. I patted my pockets to make sure I had my pictures.

We stepped out the room and down the stairs to dad who set at a table eating something. "Hey dad?" I asked softly tapping his shoulder. "Yes" he replied. "Can Y/n and I go hand out with those kids from yesterday" Jake said "They asked us" I said quickly. "Oh yeah, that is awesome" dad said putting another fry into his mouth.

We walked down the roads and turned making our way through the bog. I pushed through the trees laughing as jake stumbled a bit I shook my head pushing him lightly.

We stepped through the rubble of the broken house. I bent down picking up a framed photo, that had somehow survived. I squinted at the photo and put it back down. Jake walked ahead of me looking at some old clock sitting on the floor. I stumbled into him.

"Abe" I herd someone say. Both jake and I's head shot up to see a pretty girl with blonde hair and a blue old timey dress. "Abe" She repeated. "Nope" I whispered turning around and running. Jake ran past me and we both ran. He suddenly tripped landing face first. I tripped over his legs hitting my head on something.

My vision went black and I fell unconscious. Well, I'm probably gonna get murdered.

?? POV
((its emma

They were both knocked out, having tripped and hit their heads. "Thank God we brought bronwyn" I chuckled. Bronwyn walked in and stared at The two unconscious people on the ground. "Can you carry them please bronwyn?" I asked the small girl. She smiled and nodded, grabbing the two and pulling them over her shoulder.

Y/N POV

My eyes opened and my face collided with the sand, wait sand!? "Opps" I herd. I looked around seeing a group of familiar looking people

I looked up at little girl who held jake over her shoulder. I saw him open his eyes and fall from her shoulder. I Grabbed his arm and pulled him up. I dusted my cloths off.  "You're emma" Jake said, sounding amazed. "And the twins" I added, smiling yet very confused. "And olive" "and bronwyn" Jake and I took turns naming them. "And he's millard"

"But you're dead, all of you. You're all dead" Jake's tone went from amazed to confused "I mean he's Invisible but he's dead"

"None of us are dead" Millard stated.

"Are we dead?" I asked, glancing up at Jake. "No" emma said, looking a bit concerned.  But who didn't look at us that way now-a-days.

"Y-you called me abe, in the house. Why?" Jake asked. "You looked like him, just for a moment, before you started screaming, running away and concussing yourself and your sister"

"Wait, why are we here?" I asked as olvine walked towards us  "we're waiting here to enter the loop until the coast is clear." Emma said. "You never know who's watching" Olive said, grabbing both of our shoulders, leading us into the cave. "Wait. Before we go into what?"Jake asked jake and I shared some weird looks. "Come on, Miss peregrine saw you on the ferry and scent us to get you" Emma said and they lead us through the cave. I shivered as we passed through. Jake and I shared a look and I nodded. We glanced at the others and began to run. Making our way out of the cave.
I followed jake across the island.

Jake pulled the ugly hotel door open and we stumbled up the stairs. "Oi, what do you think you're going" A man behind the bar said. "Going to our room, we're guests here" jake replied. "Does this look like a hotel to you?" The man sneered. "Uh yeah, I mean no" i stumbled with my words feeling my self about to flicker. "We have a key, just ask the manager" jake said

"I am the manager" the man growled. "Listen to his accents he's American, probably a army" a woman said. "Yeah, listen to their accents, terrible." A man said stepping closer to jake. "He's a spy" the man sneered. "What no- no I'm not" jake said "we're tourist" I mumbled. The man glared at me and the "manager" grabbed jake by his shirt "I say we should get the truth outta him, the old fashioned way" the man hissed. I could feel myself go invisible with fear.

Suddenly plates and glasses started flying everywhere. "C'mon" a red haired girl I recognized as olive said, grabbing jake. I followed them out, as Olive stepped out she put her hand on the wooden door frame and it instantly set a flame. I scrambled after them and leaped onto the wagon sitting beside jake.

After zoning off for a while and forgetting I was still invisible I herd Emma say "wheres Y/n?" "Oh, uhh I think she's right here" Jake said looking at me. I faded back to become visible again, I +waved shyly. I than focused on a man in what looked to be a uniform of some army sort. I waved at him as we passed.

I gasped in awe seeing a beautiful house behind the trees. The wagon stopped and we All got off. We stepped up the porch, as soon as we reached the door it opened and a woman with blackish blue short hair. "Right on time, Ms. Peregrine, delighted to meet you, jake, Y/n" She said. "I hope the people from the pub don't show up, I've had to kill them twice this month" She said "millard broke some stuff, that's all. . .and olive may have started a tiny fire" Emma said. "But they where going to hurt jake. . .and Y/N" she said again grabbing millard and going inside.

Before jake and I could step in Ms. P stepped in front of us. I instantly flicked from being visible to invisible to back to being visible "Look at you two, the last time dear abe sent me a photograph of you two, you two where just tiny tots" Ms. P smiled blowing smoke from her pipe.

"Now come in your tea is getting cold" she smiled leading us in. "How did you know about the pub?" jake said as we stepped in. I zoned off for a bit, taking in the beauty of the house.

"Now thats it olive, no one enjoys over boiled tea" Ms. P said. Oliver instantly brought the pot thing off the stove and set it down. "Let me help you with those enoch" olive said. I turned to where she was looking, to see a very attractive guy with curly brown hair, jars with something in them in his hands, putting his chin on them to steady them.

"Don't bother. Wouldn't want to interrupt your tea party" he said walking off quickly. Olive quickly grabbed her gloves and followed Enoch.
So that was him. He's as moody as grandpa described in his storys. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss jake, Y/n" Ms. Peregrnie said, pulling her pipe from her mouth and blowing smoke.

Jake mumbled something I didn't quite hear. "I knew that if abe where alive, we would have told me you where coming?" Ms. Peregrnie smiled. "Shall we take this outside" Ms. Peregrnie saidtunring to the cups of tea and handing one to jake and i. I followed them out the door and saw a beatiful garden.

I didn't even notice I had zoned off, but I did and only heard half a conversation. "He said you could explain everything" jake said to Ms. Peregrnie. "That's absolutely true, but there are few things I can't explain" she smiled, continuing to lead us through the garden.

I didn't pay attention as I noticed a girl running towards us. Ms. P suddenly pulled out a clock stopping the girl. "51 seconds late fiona" She said. "Sorry Miss Peregrnie, how many carrots do you need for suppa," The girl, fiona said.
"Just one will do" Ms. Peregrnie smiled.

Fiona smiled and nodded stepping over to a garden and sitting on her knees hovering her hands over the soil. "As I said, some people are peculiar, it's a recessive gene, carries down through families." Ms. P said. "Yet many generations get passed without a peculiar childbeing born, Now for yours Y/n, one of your great grandparents had it, but it had never been passed down, until you" she said. "Yet many families can pass without a peculiar child being born. Peculiars have been persecuted through the ages, hints we live in places like this" Ms. Peregrnie said. "In wales" jake asked "anywhere really, if you pick the right day. Oh that's fine Fiona" Ms. Peregrnie said turning her head to look at the girl growing a giant carrot.

"You see, I'm a type of peculiar, called an ymbryne. That means I can-" "you can turn into a bird" jake interrupted. "Oh I do yes, but that's not very useful, a ymbryms main skill is the-" "manipulation of time" I interrupted. Giving jake a look, that uneducated swine should know this, I chuckled in my head. "Why yes
Y/n, you are very correct, and with that we chose a safe day and create a loop" Ms. Peregrnie smiled at me.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked. "Why a loop." Ms. P said doing some odd motion with her hands. "Preserve the last twenty-four hours, reset the loop and the days yours to live in again. Reset it daily, and you can live there forever." She said a bright smile stuck on her face. She pulled out a clock, looking at it than back up. "Right on time bronwyn, good girl" Ms. Peregrnie said to a little girl who came bouncing to the garden.

Bronwyn grabbed the giant carrot yanking it from the ground and pulled it over her shoulder taking it away."And that's why we ymbrynes are In charge to care for the young" Ms. Peregrnie said again.
"And no one ever gets older." Jake said.
"It best for everyone this way, I assure you" Ms. P said watching as bronwyn carrys the carrot away.

Ms. Peregrnie grabbed jake tea from his hands. And set both his and hers down. "every ymbryms commits herself, to the creation of a place like this, a home for peculiar children" Ms. P said putting her hands on both of our shoulders, leading us away.

She lead us to a beatiful yard with three big Bush art things, an elephant, a horse man and even a T-Rex. In the yard there were many children playing. Ms. P lead us over to two kids both in identical white suits covering them from head to toe. "You've met the twins" Ms. P said and grabbed the bear they where fighting over and ripped it completely in half. I jumped as she did it, The woman simply smiled at the two little children and gave them both a side of the bear.

"Well that's one way to settle an argument" I chuckled, a bit in awe. Just then, a adorable little girl with pretty, blonde and curly hair ran up behind the twins with a bright smile. All three of them ran off and we continued. "Millard pass the ball" I heard someone shout. "Millard you've also met" Ms. P said pointing the the invisible boy kicking a ball. "And that's hugh" the boy suddenly opened his mouth and bees flew out, swarming millard. "Agh, stop cheating hugh" Millard groaned swatting at the bees and running after the boy.

"Millard thats a foul again!" Hugh shouted as millard kicked the ball and it landed in the T-rexs mouth. "No it isn't, ref!?" They both whined, walking beside one another.
"If you two cant stop with that arguing, than don't play at all" a sharp looking guy with blonde hair said walking past the two boys.

The boy walked to us sticking his hand out to jake. "I'm horace, delighted to meet you" He said as jake shook his hand slowly. Horace turned to me and bowed slightly. He than said something and complamented Jake's shirt, than walked away sitting under a hedge. I chuckled lightly at that. "Thanks" Jake replied simply. I followed jake and Ms. P as they continued to walk.

"You know emma of course" Ms. Peregrnie said as we walked up the a tree with the blonde girl standing under it, a rope slung around her arms as she looked up the tree.

I zoned out until hearings something about enoch, the boy really cought my attention. "Heaven knows, Enochs been off sulking ever since we went out to get jake" Emma said. I jumped feeling myself quickly turn invisible as Fiona shouted something. "Ms. Peregrnie, there is a police men at the door, he said it was about the pub!" Ms. Peregrnie whipped her head towards Emma, giving her bone-chilling a look. "We will discuss this later emma" Ms. P said turning and following Fiona. 

"It wasn't their fault, honestly they where just trying to help" Jake said and looked at emma who gave him a small smile. I rolled my eyes and walked past them still invisible and sat under the tree.

I watched as Ms. Peregrnie walked away, than turned my gaze back to Jake and emma. "Thanks, you're not as bad as I thought" emma smiled. Jake just gave her an awkward smile, I had to hold my laughs in at the awkwardness.

"Shes not actually gonna kill anyone, is she?" Jake asked and emma said something than brought the rope off her shoulder. "Would you help me with something?" Emma asked. "Enoch usually does it but like I said hes off sulking somewhere" emma said handing the rope to jake.

"Is that because of me" jake asked.
"Hes possessive" emma said. "So uhm, so what do you need help with?" jake asked Changing the subject. "One of my daily chores, put the baby squirrel back in the tree" emma said looking at the tree. I looked down at where my hands would be if I was visible at the moment, only seeing a very faint, wavy image of them, almost like a ghost but harder to see.

"What baby squirrel?" Jake asked. Emma looked at her wrist than held her hand out as a tiny red squirrel fell from the tree. Jake stared, looking absolutely astonished "that happens every day?" Jake asked. "Yes, Now can you tie this rope around my waist?" Emma asked. "Umm yeah" jake said leaning downwards along wrapping the rope around emmas waist. I almost burst out laughing at the awkwardness but held it by putting my hand over my mouth to keep quiet.

Emma smiled and leaned down and unbuttoned the many buckles on her shoes, "right, now promise to hold on tight" emma asked jake. she floated upwards. Jake nodded and she leaned back downwards and unbuckled the last two buckles and floated up wards.

I let out a small laugh as jake struggled with the rope. I looked up to see Emma placing the small squirrel in its nest. She kicked herself off the tree and floated down gracefully as jake pulled her down slowly.

"I nearly messed that up" jake said
"Abe did to, the first time" emma said taking the rope off her waist. "This used to be his job" she said. "Emma, I need to tell you something" jake said. "Hes dead. . .I know" emma said a very sad smile on her face. "Ms. Peregrnie guessed, and she's always right"

"Its ok, I said good bye to him a long time ago" emma said. "Were you close?" jake asked "I thought we where. . . For a while, but I suppose not" Emma replied, wrapping the rope back up. "Can i-i ask. . .was he like you" Jake asked. I leaned my head back waiting for them to finish already. "He was like you jake" Emma said.

"Now I must go change for supper, will you be dining with us?" Emma said, I popped up off the ground becoming visible and walked beside jake "finaly" I mumbled. He jumped lightly than turned back to Emma. "I can't stay out late. . ."jake said. "Supper is at 5:30" emma said a odd look on her face. "Well, I mean jake, that is pretty early" i said as I stared at the twins on the seesaw. "You can barrow some of abes old clothes, and um, Y/n you can wear some of mine. I nodded looking at emma and giving her a small smile.

In the house now ;-;

"Jake" I suddenly heard. I went invisible and and turned to where the voice was. "Come and meet enoch properly" olive said. I smiled and followed jake happily onto the dark room. There was shelfs covered in jars of what looked like hearts. Jake jabbed me with his elbow. How did he even know where I was? I visible again and smiled as I saw enoch sitting at a desk, holding something like three in his hands. "Well you must feel pretty out of place" enoch said. I huffed softly. "Don't worry, I'm used to it" jake said.

I glanced around the room and looked back to enoch as he spoke again.
"I wasn't worried, but if you fancy emma, she swore off romance decades ago when she got her heart broken. And she's never gonna change her mind" enoch said. "Rude" I mumbled softly, crossing my arms. He held his hand out and olive turned around quickly, grabbing something and placing it in his palm. "I wasn't trying to- what are you doing" jake asked as enoch cut some stitches in the middle of a clay figure with a bird leg.

Enoch grabbed something and put it in the hole he had made, Jake and I both leaned forward, curious. He grabbed another and put it in the back of some spider baby thing's head. Suddenly the figures started to move I stared in awe as jake looked a little freaked out. They made odd noises and enoch looked at his creations. "Isn't he amazing" Olive said. "Yeah" I whispered to myself.

"What did you do?" Jake asked. Enoch looked up at us. "This" he said glancing at the clay figures. "This isn't even the fun part, do you want to see the fun part" enoch said. I nodded frantically while Jake didn't say anything. Enoch leaned forward and whispered to bird leg. Bird leg suddenly turned to spider baby and did this weird hiss thing and got into an aggressive stance, spider baby doing the same. Bird leg suddenly jumped at spider baby making olive jump excitedly clapping softly. I bit my lip to hold in my excitement.

They snapped at one another with claw things and picked at each other with knives. Bird leg dodged spider baby and ripped it claw thing off and snipped one of the strings holding spider baby's head on. I smiled very amused.

Bird leg went to stab spider baby but spider baby moved faster and stabbed right through bird legs chest ripping out it heart. "They're like puppets, just do anything I tell them. It's even more fun with people, should've seen some of the epic battles I used to have at my parents funeral parlor" Enoch said. I stared at him amazed. "Wow, that was awesome" I said. Enoch just looked up at me rising an eyebrow. Jake just grabbed me pulling me out.

Oof look a frickin time skip.

I made a disgusted face at the outfit emma put me in, the colors look3d weird together, but it like a what different time period. I turned around, noticing emma and jake talking aS emma put a flower in Jake's suit. Suddenly a bell was rang. "Now come on you two, dinner is starting" emma said.

Ohh look, we're at the dinna table now, how that happen??

Emma set down strapping herself to the seat with the help of bronwyn. "Hey!" Someone said as jake went to sit down. "Millard, go and put some clothes on. Polite persons do not take their supper in the nude." Ms. Peregrnie said and the whole table snickered. "You can sit here jake" Olive said. Putting her hand on the seat beside her, that was also beside enoch. Jake just set where he was and looked down. "Y/n? Would you like to sit here" she asked me this time. I smiled and made my way around the table. "Look at enoch, he's jelous" Horace laughed. "Why would I be jelous, Olive can go marry jake or Y/n for all I care" Enoch replied sharply, his thick Scottish accent quite alluring. I suddenly tripped over nothing and went invisible with embarrassment.

"Oh Miss Y/N are you ok" Ms. Peregrnie asked as I got up. I mumbled a yeah, only becoming visible again as I set down. Enoch suddenly turned his head from where I had fallen to where I sat now and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be mean Enoch, she doesn't want to marry either of them, shes just excited to have a visitor." Fiona said. I felt someone staring at me and I turned to look at enoch and he suddenly looked away.

I shrugged and looked at Ms. P. "No one is marrying anyone, now eat up your food before it gets cold" Ms. Peregrnie said sitting down. I looked at my food and slowly started to eat it before bees swarms everywhere. I didn't mind them and just kept eating. "Hugh" olive said. "Where's your net" emma said swatting at a bee. All the children swatted at the bees as hugh grabbed a net hat thing and put it over his head. He made an 'O' shape with with mouth and sucked the bees in.

I felt someone stare at me again and turned to enoch again. He looked down at his food quickly. I rolled my eyes and kept eating. "It must be weird for you two, Meeting your grandfathers friends in another century" Fiona said taking a sip of her drink. "Is there space ships in your time, like the flash order books" Olive asked looking from me to jake. "Now now olive, what did I say about asking Questions. We don't discuss the feature here, he only enjoy the real human now" Ms. Peregrnie said taking a bite from her chicken, or whatever it was.

"Claire, why aren't you eating" Ms. Peregrnie asked. "She's embarrassed in front of jake and Y/N" Hough said. "No need to feel embarrassed" I smiled at the little girl. She smiled grabbing her hair lifting it up and brought a big piece of chicken to it and a mouth at the back of her head devoued the food.

Ms. P got up with a napkin and wiped her back mouth lightly. "So jake, Y/n What your peculiarities?" Horace asked. "Oh, I'm I'm not peculiar" jake said.

Enoch set his silver where down and before I could respond to Horace, enoch started. "And that my friends is why he will not be staying with us, no matter how hard we try to persuade him." "Rude" I muttered. I was so tempted to kick enoch under the table. And I did. "Now I've said this, jake and Y/n Both are just visiting" Ms. Peregrnie said. "Don't you both want to stay" Olive asked. Enoch seemed to ignore my kick but I didn't care. "Tonight or?" Jake asked. "Forever, you should stay forever" Claire said.

"Why would thet if they don't have to, they can both live out there, grow old and have a good time instead. They'll leave just like their grandfather did" Enough spoke angrily, his voice harsh and aggressive. Emma slammed her silverware down, unbuckling herself from the chair and stomped out of the room. I kicked his leg more harshly and he glared at me. "Emma!" Ms. P said as Millard walked in. "Where'd she go?" He asked sitting down. "That wasn't nice enoch, you know perfectly well why abe left." Ms. Peregrnie scolded the moody 'teen'

"To join the army" hugh said. "And than he met a lady and had a nice wedding and a lovely little baby" bronwyn added. "Children, I know you'd all like a new friend, but I'm sure jake and Y/N have plenty of their own back in Florida" Ms. Peregrnie said.
I chuckled at that, cause that was a lie, for both me and jake.

There was silence than a phone rang. "I think you should all get ready for movie time while I answer that" Ms. Peregrnie said standing up from her seat. "But you always let us stay to hear" claire said. Ms. P turned around stared at us for a bit than turned and walked to answer the phone.

I took another small bite of my food and felt enoch glares. I glared back. "Why'd you kick me" he sneered. "You where being rude to my brother" I hissed back in a aggressive whisper. Enoch rolled his eyes and slumped in his seat.

___

Hay guys, so can I just say, this is the longest chapter I've ever written in my years of wattpad, it has 4386 words. I've surprised myself.

Bye byes♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 218 34
Y/N just arrived at Ms. Peregrine's home for peculiar children. Enoch isn't very open to the idea of new peculiars. He'll change his mind after Y/N r...
21.5K 507 19
Holy crap it's another one. Twin au because it's easier. ~~~ "Where does this go?" Y/n asked. "Wherever your heart desires." They answered. That was...
80.5K 1.5K 24
Victor was craving for something new. He just couldn't stand living the life he had. Alway having to repeat everything, the day going the same way ev...
86K 1.6K 15
{BOOK 1 IN THE "SHADOW" SERIES!} Umrakinetic, Eleanor Draven lived alone in a small village in Northern Ireland until Miss.Finch came to her and took...