Thea & The Wolf

By EastEgg

✔ Completed ✔ OLD VERSION PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW UPDATED STORY: The Wolf Of Rot 🐺 A walk in woods could ch... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Character List & Info
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Four

54.3K 2K 465
By EastEgg

Thea

We head to one of Zev's homes, apparently when you live a long a time you acquire more than one.

"No one knows where this is we should be safe until we can decide what to do next."

"I-Is he going to be okay?"

I'm scared for the answer I can tell by his chalky skin he's lost a lot of blood already.

"He's breathing that will have to be good enough for now little one."

I nod at him absentmindedly taking in the blood that's now dripping down Zev's back.

"How much further?"

We'd been going for over an hour at this point and Rhett just keeps bleeding and bleeding.

"Not to far now, it's underground so we'll be well hidden."

~~~~

We travel for almost another hour before coming to a stop in a barren forest. The woods here are thick, close compacted trees that Zev struggles to get through, especially with Rhett over his shoulder. None of the trees or plants hold life, everything is brown, riddled and dead. In between two of the trees is a small opening.

"Push that dirt aside there should be a tunnel there."

I get on my knees and quickly dig my hands into the earth until a small hole appears.

"You crawl through first then I'll follow and drag Rhett. We can only fit one at a time it's going to be tight just keep crawling."

I'm much smaller then Zev so I crawl through with relative ease. The earth encroaches around me, twigs pulling at my hair and scratching my face. I'm not claustrophobic but this tight dark space makes my body coil with unease. I hear Zev crawling behind me as he slowly pushes himself down the the cave.

"This is horrible."

He let's out a laugh, "I haven't used it in a long time I'm just happy it's still standing."

There's a break in the darkness about twenty five feet ahead of me I push as fast as I can, scraping my elbows and knees against the rough earth, anything to escape this unending hole. I push through the last of the foliage and drop down onto a smooth, but dirty floor. Zev fellows shortly behind me dirty and dragging Rhett through with him.

The room is actually more of a cottage. Smooth wooden floors, minimal but dirty furniture litters the space and two doorways lead off into rooms I can't make out. Zev scrambles to his feet and puts Rhett on the large couch as dust fills the room.

I sit down by his head immediately,
"We need rags, water and whatever medical supply you have here."

He nods, "I might not have much give me a second."

I brush Rhett's hair back from his face he's still covered in blood but he looks a little better then I initially thought. Zev returns with a basin of water, some rags and few bandages. I start soaking the rags and wiping him clean, I don't even know how to handle the broken limbs.

"I-I I don't know what to do."

My hands shake as I clean him off enough to see his face.

"We need to set the broken bones he should heal than."

"Y-You mean snap them back? No, no he needs a doctor Zev a real doctor. If we do something wrong we could kill him."

"He doesn't have that option right now Thea, which you know."

"Fine what do we do?"

"Put this in his mouth so he doesn't bite his tongue off."

He hands me a rag that I stuff into Rhett's mouth, "Okay now what."

He looks at me then leans down to kiss me once, "Now I snap his bones back."

He starts with his leg, grabbing onto his thigh and lower calf he swiftly pushes the bone back into place, a sickening crack fills the room. Rhetts eyes open for the first time tonight and almost bulge out of his skull as he releases a muffled scream.

"It's o-okay, it's okay, just breath you'll be fine."

I cradle his head in my arms and soothingly pet his hair back trying to offer some comfort. He whimpers behind his gag but I can see he's losing consciousness again.

"I'm going to go fast now I don't want to prolong this for him. Try to keep him still."

I hold Rhett down as gently as I can. I can't really hold him by the arms because...well their broken so I settle for holding his head between my palms. With each snap Rhett's body convulses, his chest heaves and his eyes flutter open and closed before finally, finally it's over.

He lays limp on the couch no sound, no movement.  I press my ear to his chest terrified all the pain and stress caused his heart to work overtime but I hear the faint thudding telling me his most important organ is doing it's job, barely.

~~~~

Zev

I pull Thea into the kitchen she needs food, water and rest. There's nothing more either of us can do for Rhett at this point.

"W-when do you think he'll wake up?"

Her small voice fills my ears turning around I wrap my hands around her small waist and place her on the kitchen table before standing in between her parted thighs. Brushing her hair off her face I rub off the smears of blood that liter her pretty face.

"You both are the first Fae's to be seen in hundreds of years so I'm not sure but I think his body just need time to recuperate and so does your's I can feel your exhaustion little one."

She leans further into my hold laying her head on my chest as tears leak from her eyes.

"I thought he would die or you would die trying to save him because of me."

She knows I can't bare her tears so I pick her up, resting my hands on her ass but not sexual right now I just want to hold her, comfort her.

"No ones going to die you're immortal now incase you forgot and I'm sure as hell not leaving until I at least get that little sweet spot between your legs."

She smacks my chest as I laugh but I can see a smile on her lips.

"Shut up that's so gross. Besides you're stuck with me."

"Mmm." I nip at her neck and lick the skin, my body always craves her scent and taste, "And what a thing to be stuck to, I must have been a saint in another life."

I carry her further into the house. It only has a living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. I built it a long time go during the war after I was turned as a place to go when I ran out of options.

You can only enter through the crawl space and the exit is enchanted to only open for me. The idea is that even if someone found me here they'd only be able to get in one at a time and there's no exit for anyone who doesn't carry my blood.

Enchanted doors are good like that.

I explain all this to Thea to appease her curiosity ridden mind and, as always, she eagerly takes in the new information.m and set her down on the floor because the bed is covered in dust mites.

"I'll clean off the bed then find you something to eat there should be some non perishables somewhere."

She scrambled over to the bed and starts shaking out the sheets, "I can do this you go find food."

"Alright, I'm down the hall just yell if you need me."

She rolls her pretty eyes at me, "I can be alone for more then ten seconds."

"Sure you can little one."

~~~~

After plenty of rummaging I find a few random snacks and bottled drinks that will have to feed us for the night.

"I checked on Rhett his breathings steady..."

I trail off when I see Thea bundled up under the covers smack dab in the middle of the bed snoring away. I crawl in bed next to her and gently wake her up.

"You have to eat something baby."

She yawns and rubs her eyes adorably as she climbs into my lap.

"I have to check on Rhett." She mumbles.

"He's okay, I just checked on him."

She turns around so her back rests on my chest and starts digging through the snacks and munching away. She alternates between feeding herself and me, my wolf revels in the moment.

"So what do we do now." 

I lean into her neck, "I think we should wait for your brother to wake up and see if he knows how Mythic knew so much about you. I don't believe some demon from the underworld told her what you are."

"B-but how else would she know? Not even Rhett knows what we are to eachother."

"We'll find out one way or another. He seems to be healing pretty fast, especially for a guy with multiple broken bones and no access to medical supply."

"You think it's okay to fall asleep?"

She's falling asleep as she asks me. I lay her down on her on the bed before tucking us both under the covers and then pull her to me.

"Of course it's okay to sleep, I'll hear him if he wakes."

Shes already asleep and I'm quick to follow.

~~~~

Rhett

I am not alone in my body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 16.2K 34
I was never appreciated for who I was. I was tossed aside and left to rot for a mistake I made many years ago, a mistake that haunted me my entire li...
198K 8.7K 43
When no one talks to you anymore or even sees you, you wonder, what's the point? I could move after high school, I could start over, but it wouldn't...
45.1K 239 18
What happens when you get lost in the middle of the most dangerous forest known to be home to many big bad wolves.but who would have told her about i...
940 203 29
A trip to Wolfsberg Manor is the last thing on Adrian's mind. After the visit, his life practically changed with more friends and deadly enemies. Wou...