answer | kth | jjk

By FearlessLioness

[ this story was written with @BangtanBitchLY ] "I think she's changed," I told Jungkook. He dropped his spo... More

authors' note
part one
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part ten
part eleven

part nine

10 3 0
By FearlessLioness

-kiaria pov-

"History," Mr. Namgung said, clapping his hands. "Today we will be discussing the meaning of history. Remember, keep it simple."

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Kiaria," Mr. Namgung said. "Please answer."

"History is the written and recorded events of people."

"Very good," he rambled on. "Let's continue." After  a very boring double period of history, it was the end of  the school day.

"Remember, students!" Ms. Gyeong said as we packed up. "Basketball tryouts are due tomorrow."

Crap, I said to myself. I was going to practice before tryouts!

I sighed and left the classroom, heading into the warm courtyard, the trees dropping small white flowers here and there, looking just like snow.

I sat down on a small stool near a large willow tree. Apparently, no one came here. For the last few years, this is where I enjoyed relaxing the most. I took out my phone and headphones and scrolled through YouTube. After a few videos, I started on my homework. The first thing on my list was math, followed by history, and - oh, this was going to take a while.

By the time I had finished my math questions, I could hear a voice calling my name.

"Oh, Kiaria," someone sang, their voice growing closer. "Oh, my good friend, Kiaria."

Out of the thick leaves of the willow tree, I saw the grinning face of Taehyung.

"What was the singing for?" I asked.

"Why, was it bad?"

"Oh, no," I said, smiling. "It was beautiful. You should sing more often."

"Maybe I do," he said, playing with his fingers.

I sighed. "How did you know I was here?"

"Just looked 'round a bit," he replied. He sat down next to me. "Whatcha doing?"

"Homework."

"Well, that's boring."

"Yeah, but that's what'll help me get into a good college," I said. "Plus, I have to practice for basketball tryouts tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah," Taehyung said, searching through his bag for something. "Jungkook won't shut up about them."

Jungkook.

"Y-Yeah," I said.

"Here!" Taehyung exclaimed, taking his hand out of his bag. He handed me a small plastic packet.

It was a fortune cookie. I raised an eyebrow.

Taehyung could see my confusion. "It's a fortune cookie."

"I can see that," I said. "Why did you give it to me?"

"Duh," he replied in a mocking tone. "Jungkook and I were having Chinese last night, so I saved it for you. You know, because your name means fortunate."

I smiled.

"That's really nice," I said. "Thank you. But, I have a question."

"Yes?"

"How do you know what my name means?"

Taehyung's cheeks flushed. "I looked it up."

"Yeah, but you might have had to look a lot," I said, pulling out my phone. "The first result is Irish and means 'dark.' Obviously, that's not-"

"Why do you look so cute?"

Oh, not again.

"Taehyung-"

"Please, call me Tae."

"Tae, you said that yesterday, too," I said, my heart beat accelerating.

"You're always cute," he said innocently.

"That was cringy," I admitted. "I'm sorry, but it was."

He laughed. 

"How about Kookie, you know, for Jungkook. Is that cringy enough for you?"

"Yeah," I said. "It definitely is."

"Ya, Yukari came up with it."

"Hmm," I said. "Interesting."

"What is the deal between Yukari and you?" Taehyung asked, lowering his voice a bit. "If, you don't mind me asking."

I ignored him.

"Why did Yukari call Jungkook, Kookie?" I asked.

"Don't try to change the subject," he said. "But, just so you know-" He stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"Why don't you ask Jungkook yourself? He's right over there." He pointed to a brunet guy in the far corner of the courtyard.

"I'm good," I said, continuing my homework.

"Oh, come on," he said. "What's the big deal?"

I ignored him, again.

"Okay, don't tell me what's the deal between Yukari and you, but why don't you like Jungkook?"

I sighed. "You've pretty much figured it out. If Yukari and I have some sort of problem, then it's obvious why I can't stand Jungkook."

Taehyung looked into his lap. "You're right, but I just wish I knew what that problem was."

We stayed in silence for a few minutes. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you, Taehyung."

"Tae." He corrected.

"What's wrong with Taehyung?" I teased, nudging his shoulder.

"Nothing, nothing, I just think that it's quite long," he replied.

I smiled.

"I never noticed this place before I went looking for you." Tae said, looking around. "How long have you known about it?"

"Ninth grade," I said. "The tree's leaves are practically a curtain for the bench. People look at me, but never bother to come here. Frankly, I like it."

"Me too."

I paused. "If you want, you can do your homework with me here."

"Everyday?"

"If you want," I said.

"Of course, I do." He said, locking eyes with me.

I smiled.

-yukari pov-

After detention, I went to my dorm room and completed my complicated homework. After I finished, I realized that someone else had moved in with me. I looked in the closet and my stuff was rearranged by color order.

"Who the heck did this?" I said to myself.  "They have some nerve."

I looked at the dresser and saw that there was a photo of the person themself and some guy.

It was Kiaria!

"Why does it have to be her?"  I said angrily. "Ugh!" 

I opened the door, exited, and locked it. As I ran down the stairs I saw the entrance door open and felt my feet slip from under myself. I started to fall forward when a person caught me on the last few steps they were standing on.

"Thank you." I said, breathless. "I owe you one."

I pulled out of his grasp and then, in a familiar voice the male said, "Actually, you owe me two now."

It was Jungkook.

Why did it always have to be him?

"You're right," I said. "Did you have any homework?"

"Yeah."

"Did you finish?"

"Maybe."

I laughed. "That's alright."

He smiled. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Yeah, I'd love to," I replied. He led me out the door of the dorm house, into the front of the courtyard.  "So... what do you want to talk about?"

"First of all, why are we dating? Not that I mind it or anything." He said, smirking.

"We aren't actually dating, it was just a cover for... I don't really know."

"Well, you owe me something."

"What do I owe you?"

He smirked. "The truth. I'm telling Taehyung."

"No!" I rushed to say. "Jungkook, you can't."

"Why are you so defensive toward her? She locked you in a shed!" He exclaimed. "And by the way you talk about her, that isn't all."

"It's not, okay? But, I don't think that you should tell Tae."

"Why?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "But I know that she's like me. I've known her since the sixth grade, and yeah, she's bullied me since then, but she's never had any friends."

"I wonder why," Jungkook said, rolling his eyes.

For some reason, I felt a little offended.

We walked around the courtyard a few times. Finally, I couldn't take it.

"Jungkook, I get that Tae's your friend, but why do you want him to know so bad?" He didn't answer me.

Ugh.

I started to walk away when Jungkook grabbed my hand.

"What?" I asked coldly.

"I want him to know because I care about you," he said. I looked into his eyes and saw a trace of pain in them. "Do you care about me?"

"Of course," I answered. "You saved my life."

He smiled. "Good."

We stayed there in silence for a few minutes, Jungkook still holding my hand as I blushed.

"So, what else do I owe you?"

He laughed. "I'll tell you when I need it, but don't worry, nothing extreme."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks. So, could you help me with something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Could you help me with my basketball skills? The tryouts are tomorrow and I'm terrible at it."

He chuckled. "Okay, let's go use to the school's gym." He smiled, running, my hand in his.

   When we got to the gym, I could hear people talking. I opened the door and saw Taehyung and Kiaria practicing.

"Hey, Tae!" Jungkook yelled to Taehyung from across the gym. "Can we practice with you?" Jungkook's eyes locked on Kiaria for a few seconds before looking away. "And can I talk to you? Alone."

"Sure, Kookie." Taehyung said laughing.

I watched Jungkook and Taehyung walk away out of the gym,  playing around with each other.

That left Kiaria and me.

By ourselves.

"Hey," she said, shooting her basketball into the hoop. It rolled around the rim for a bit before falling into the net.

"H-hi,"  I said nervously.

"Want to join me?" she asked.

Wait.

Since when does she talk to my so nicely?

"Uh, sure." I said walking cautiously over to her. "Do you mind if I play music on my phone? I have a speaker."

"Not at all." she said as I set my phone and speaker up. "As long as we both agree on what to play."

I shook my head and set up my BLACKPINK playlist. It started to play as I walked back over to Kiaria as she passed the ball to me.

"Thanks."

I started to dribble the ball when I heard the door open. It was Jungkook and Taehyung.

They both seemed fine.

Did Jungkook tell him?

"Hey, why did you nickname Jungkook, Kookie by the way?" Kiaria asked so only I could hear.

"W-what do you mean?" I said embarrassed. "Who-"

Taehyung came over next to me and Jungkook next to Kiaria.

"Two on Two." Taehyung said. "Jungkook and Kiaria versus Yukari and I. Is that okay with you and Yukari?"

They didn't even let me object, we just started playing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 169 28
this is the story about army girl and idol "what happened to.......y-you y/n..you were not like t-that" "you made me do this taehyung!" . . . . . ...
1.5K 75 23
this is a school love story between a bully and an innocent girl ......she was new to school and he was a popular bully but crush of many girls becau...
11.1K 726 27
This is a story about a boy Kim Taehyung who face a lot of difficulty in his life but his friends Jimin and Jungkook always stay by his side. His fia...
88.4K 6.7K 36
Story by cutegir2002 ______ A story of Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. The two souls studying in the same school, in their last year before entering...