Titanium ••• Andy Strucker [B...

By ViolaBlack17

With a drunk mother, an ignorant stepbrother and mutant powers, Ivee Reeves felt pretty much alone in a world... More

Epigraph
Playlist
Iris
eXposed
eXposed II
rX
eXodus
eXit strategy
boXed in
got your siX
got your siX II
eXtreme measures
eXtreme measures II
outfoX
eXploited
eXploited II
3 X 1
3 X 1 II
eXtraction
X-roads
The End

threat of eXtinction

4.4K 96 8
By ViolaBlack17

*flashback*

London, England. 1952

The sound of Franz Schubert's Erlkönig played throughout the room whilst Andreas Von Strucker wrote a postcard the Organisation he and his sister were apart of.
The phone rang pulling him away from his thoughts, as his sister Andrea Von Strucker and her best friend Kiara Reeves hurried in to the room.
"Andreas, wer hat diese Nummer?" Kiara questioned her friends brother in German.
"Nur die Organisation," he said standing up to answer the phone. "Hello?"
The sound of screeching tires sounded outside of the apartment.
"What's wrong?" Andrea said as her brother put down the phone. "What happened?" Kiara asked.
"They found us," Andreas grimaced.
The door burst open as multiple police officers barged in, "You are under arrest."
"Pity, I liked this place," Andreas said taking his sister's hand and Andrea took hold of her friends hand.
Their hands began to glow and the building and everything in it came apart.

"Hey guys, so we need to talk,.I know it's late but I just learned something. And it's important that you hear about it from me," Reed began.
"What's going on?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah you're kinda freaking me out," Andy said.
"You know that we've been looking into the Sentinel Services program that's turning mutants into weapons against other- well against all of us here."
"Yeah you were searching those computer drives," I said. "You found something?"
"I'm afraid so," he paused then continued, "Sentiel Services have been working with a defence contractor called Trask Industries."
"Wait the same Trask Industries where your father worked?" Caitlin said.
Andy looked at me with a worried expression.
"Yeah.
"You said Grandpa disappeared years ago. That he ran out on you and Grandma," Andy said taking my hand under the table.
"That's not entirely true. He lives up in Chattanooga."
"That's only two hours away," Lauren pointed out. "We've never even met him."
"Okay that was intentional," Caitlin said. "He wasn't good to your father growing up."
"He was a difficult man. He was always working, he was never home. We weren't close. "
Andy squeezed my hand gently. I knew why Andy and Reed had a similar relationship.
"I got sick when I was a kid. I almost died and he didn't even bother to come to the hospital."
"Harsh," Andy said.
Almost.
Lauren reached forward and took her father's hand.
"I haven't spoken to him since before you guys were born."
"Well I think you're gonna need to speak to him now," Caitlin said.

A few hours later John, Clarice and Marcos had returned to the HQ with more refugees.
While they were helping them one of the refugees turned out to be a spy and when they attempting to subdue her she lashed out and a kid who was there got his arm broken.
"Ivee can you go get something for him to bite down on when I pop his arm back into place," Caitlin asked me quietly.
"Yeah sure," I said, going to the supply room and finding a clean wash cloth.
"Okay it's gonna get worse for a second and then it's gonna get better, I have to pop it back in," Caitlin reassured the boy
I ran back up the stairs, sitting down next to him.
"Here bite down on this." The boy but down on the folded cloth. "Really hard, okay. 3.. 2.. 1."
The boy screamed into the cloth.
"There you go," Caitlin smiled. "All done. Right move your fingers." The boy wiggled his fingers
"Move your nose," Caitlin said and the boy giggled.
"I think you're gonna be okay," she smiled, carefully placing the boys arm against his chest "You got that?"
"Mmhmm."
"Can you get him his sling," Caitlin said to Andy who had walked over.
"Yeah, sling," he said picking it up and sitting beside the boy.
"Yo, I'm Andy," he said to the boy, laying the sling down on his lap and folding it. "We're gonna sing the sling song, okay. Join in any time." Andy put the sling under the boys arm.
I chuckled softly as Andy started beatboxing, "Sling!" He continued on the same beat and repeated the word.

Andy had his arm over my shoulders as we followed Caitlin, Marcos and Lorna.
"I can't be sure with out examining her," Caitlin said to Marcos, "But you could be right."
The spy they brought in seemed like she was suffering from a drug withdrawl.
"She's got all the symptoms of withdrawl."
"Ever seen a mutant on Kick?" Marcos asked.
"Um... what's Kick?" Andy asked.
"It's a mutant drug, Mr Santinelli, told us about it in social studies remember?" I said taking his arm off of my shoulders and holding his hand.
"It boosts you're powers for a while and makes you feel invincible," Lauren continued.
"Yeah and it gets you hooked before even know what hit you," Marcos finished.
"Well if that's the case we might be able to treat her," Caitlin decided.
"Wait a second, we're treating her?" Lorna asked. "Why don't we just bring her a fruit basket while we're at it."
"If we treat her she might be willing to co-operate," Marcos said trying to reason with Lorna.
"Yeah or she might just get stronger and try to kill us all again."
"Can you just listen for one second."
"Can you not be-"
"Stop it, both of you," Caitlin interrupted their bickering. "Let's try to remember we're fighting for a world where people can actually live together. That starts here," Caitlin sighed, "Now we just have to figure out a way to restrain her."

**3rd person POV**
"Your mother," Otto Strucker began, "Ellen, is she-"
"She's fine," Reed said. "She's still in Atlanta, we see her- well we used to see her every couple of weeks."
"I miss her you know." Otto said sadly. "Does she know about all this?"
"Some, yeah they questioned her."
"Huh," Otto grunted. "The children how old are they?"
"Andy's fifteen and Lauren just turned seventeen."
"May I see them? Do you have a photograph or something?"
"I do actually," Reed said pulling out a photo from his back pocket and handed it to Otto. "This was taken last summer."
Otto examined the photo.
"Look we don't have much time, is there anything you can tell me about Trask," Reed asked
"There's nothing to tell, my research was peaceful. This project whatever it is, it isn't my fault."
"This isn't about blame."
Otto looked back at the photo.
"Who is the other girl? The one with the blue hair."
"That's Ivee Reeves, Andy's best friend."
"Reeves," Otto repeated. "She wouldn't be the daughter of Sebastian Reeves?"
"Why?"
"The children, their powers what can they do?" Otto asked.
"Lauren makes shields."
"Shields? What do you mean shields?"
"She says it's like pushing the air together."
"And the other one, the boy, Andy?"
"He kinda tears things apart."
"And the Reeves girl?"
"She is.. ah.. telepathic and has telekinesis. She can also create fires with her mind."
"Oh god, no no no," he repeated sitting down.
"Dad, what is it?"
"I failed it came back?"
"What?"

**Ivee's POV**
"Caitlin you said she needs to be restrained, right?"
Caitlin nodded
"Andy and I can restrain her."
"Yeah if I can push her against the bars, she can hold her back and you can give her the sleep juice or whatever," Andy agreed.
"Alright let's get this over with."
Andy and I walked over to the cell.
"I'm just guessing on the dosage, hopefully it knocks her out, but if something goes wrong," she said to Lorna, Marcos.
"We'll be ready," Lorna said.

Andy waited for the woman to move in front of him before pushing her back against the bars, "Ivee now!"
I held her against the bars as she attempted to get away.
"I got her, go!" I said to Caitlin.
She ran around to the other side of the cell and injected the woman, I made sure the woman didn't fall to the ground as I let her go.
"Well that was exciting," Caitlin said taking a deep breath.

We stood around the table as Marcos welded metal bars over the woman to keep her in place.
When he was done Lorna tightened them so she couldn't escape.
"She looks so small," I said.
"Yeah for real, is she gonna be okay?" Andy asked Caitlin.
"She's used to massive doses of this drug their giving her this will help," she said picking up a syringe filled with Hypercortisone D. "But I don't know for how long. I think she's dying."
"Well if that's true she got no reason to give us anything."
"You'd be surprised," Caitlin said. "I once treated a gang member with a fatal gunshot wound, as he was dying he told the cops everything he'd done just to get it off his chest." She took the cap off the syringe. "We have to hope she's in there somewhere."
Caitlin gently pushed the needle into her arm. I closed my eyes and squeezed Andy's hand.

**3rd person POV**
"There's something you need to see, it's better you know everything," Otto said to his son as he opened a box. He pulled out a photo of Andreas Von Strucker.
"This is my father, Andreas Von Strucker, this is his sister Andrea and their friend, Kiara Reeves."
He said placing down two more photos.
"My father and his sister, along with Kiara, did unspeakable things. They were terrorists."
Reed looked at the photos and then at his father.
"They were also mutants." Otto pulled out more things from the box. This time they were news paper clippings.
"This was all them?" Reed gaped.
"And more."
"What could they do?

"Apart they had the same abilities as Ivee and your children, together though," Otto unfolded another sheet of paper, showing it to Reed.

"They were known as Fenris; the wolf. And they were more powerful than you can imagine."

"Wait, if they were mutants-" Reed uttered

"Yes, Reed. Your childrens mutations where inherited. I am a mutant."
Reed gaped at his father.

"What? It's not possible."
"Just let me finish. how old is the Reeves girl?"

"She just turned 16 a week ago," Reed answered, confused.

"That's the same age Kiara was when her powers evolved into something more and allowed her to combine them with Andreas and Andrea. The three of them tried to raise me to be like them but I ran away."

"That's you?"

"I hid my powers from everyone, even your mother. You have to understand the Reeves family and ours abilities set as apart even from other mutants. It was too much I had to stop it."

"How could you possibly stop it?" Reed asked.

"That was what brought me to Trask." Otto answered. "A research project to eliminate the X- Gene. I never found what they wanted; a serum that worked on all mutants."

Reed shook his head at what his father was telling him.

"But I made a version that worked on one mutant, and gave it to you."

"Wait," Reed said. "When I was sick, was that-"

"It had to be done before any powers manifested."

Reed leaned forward and picked up a photo from the box on the table, it was of him as a child in the hospital.

"Dad, I nearly died."

"You were in such pain, I hated myself, I could never look you in the eye after that. And all of it for nothing."

**Ivee's POV**
"Are you people crazy?" A massive mutant yelled at me. "Taking her out of the cage."
"I get it you're upset," I said backing away from him. "But just stay back, okay."
"I don't understand why that thing is even here," he said as three other mutants followed behind him. "If she gets loose she can kill everyone."
"They need to figure out who she is and where she came from. We need to keep everyone safe," I yelled back.
"We'll be safe when she's back in the cage where she belongs."
"Hey." Andy ran up and pulled me behind him. "Back off."
"It's okay Andy," I said putting my hand on his shoulder.
"No this guy has something to say, he'll say it to me," he said getting in the guys face. "Right?"
The man glared at Andy until the building started shaking. The man looked down at the chess board in the table beside us as all the pieces fell.
The man backed up as Andy stepped forward.
"Okay, cool off," he surrendered.
"Just tell them to be careful down there."
"We will," Andy nodded.
"Thanks," I said when he turned around.
"You're my best friend," he said nudging my shoulder. "No one talks to you like that but me."
He pulled me into a hug.
"I love you weirdo," I said, smiling.
"I love you too."

**3rd Person POV**
"We need to talk about the children," Otto Strucker said to his son as he placed the box on the table in front of them.
"What about them?"
"Have they used their abilities together?"
Reed shrugged. "A little."
"Since they found their powers have they held hands?"
"I-" Reed was cut off by John. Who ran into the room.
"Theres a car outside, I think it's Sentinel Services."
Reed stood up off the couch and followed John to the window.
Outside, Roderick Campbell injected John's friend Gus, who was known as Pulse, with something. Pulse turned around and his eyes were glowing yellow.
John turned away from the window.
"The mutant down there, that's my friend the one they turned. He can suppress powers."
"Is there another way out of here?" Reed asked his father.
"Only the stairs," Otto stated.
"No we can't fight our way out, not with Pulse down there they can cut me down same as you," John shook his head.
"I'll go down," Otto said.
"You can't," Reed uttered.
I have to, maybe I can do something. I told you our family is different."
Reed stared at his father.
"I'm sorry Reed," he said placing his hands in his sons shoulders. " For everything. Tell your mother will ya, take care of the children. Protect them, son. Protect the world from them."
Otto pulled Reed into a hug, before leaving the room and going down stairs to meet the Sentinel Services agents.
Campbell greeted Otto with a handshake telling him how much he admired his work on suppressing the X-Gene.
"I'm looking for your son," he said.
"My son?" Otto said acting confused.
Campbell nodded.
"We haven't spoken to each other for years," Otto lied.
"Is that so."
"I think you and your friends should leave."
"Oh I'm afraid I can't do that, " Campbell said, stepping forward. "I know you told the investigattos that came before that you were out of touch with your family. As a man of science I'm sure you'll understand my need for verification."
Otto shook his head.
"We're going to search the place," Campbell turned to one of the agents. "Send a team up stairs."
"No you won't," Otto growled, his powers that had laid dormant for many years coming to the surface.
His hands glowed orange with a fire like look as a glowing ball of energy formed between them. Campbell shouted to his men to shoot him, two shots were fired as the energy grew more powerfull. It exploded away from Otto as he fell backwards to the floor creating a concussive blast that knocked Reed and John to the floor.

**Ivee's POV**
I watched as Esme, a telepath who came in with the other refugees, told the others about the lab that Chloe had come from.
"Listen to me Chloe, we will find the people who did this to you and make sure it never-" Caitlin stopped mid sentence as Chloe let out a final breath and died.
Andy came over and wrapped his arms around me.
"How could they do that to her? How could someone be so cruel and sick minded that they could use another person like that?" I said.
"I don't know, Ivee, I don't know," he answered, kissing the top of my head.

A few hours later, everyone was still a bit shaken up about Chloe. Andy and Caitlin played cards while I sat on the floor playing with a ball and making it float in the air as Zingo tried to bite it.
Minutes later Reed knocked on the door.
"Dad," Andy said standing up followed by Lauren and Caitlin.
I dropped the ball and Zingo ran for it.
"What took you so long?" Lauren asked, hugging him.
"Are you alright?" Caitlin asked her husband, concerned.
"Um-"
"What is it?" I said taking Andy's hand in mine.
"What happened with your dad?" Lauren asked.
He didn't reply but Caitlin knew what was wrong and pulled him into a hug.
Lauren moved closer to Andy and I, taking ahold of his hand.
I looked at the floor knowing exactly what happened; Otto Strucker had died.

A/n
Andy's reaction to what Reed said about his own father was like 'hmm that reminds me of someone.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 125 26
"Mom said that we would make a new underground. I just didn't see how that was possible, but somehow we did. The only problem was that we were all wa...
2.6K 129 10
Space junk hurtling towards the beach of Fort Lauderdale, Florida is the perfect topping for the Nill Family Reunion. Nicholas Nill is about to disc...
58.9K 1.4K 32
Tate Callahan has known Lorna and John for as long as she can remember. They're her family and she's theirs. It all started when she met Lorna. Tate...
39K 1.9K 49
'One person on their own may be able to save the world. But a team of friends, all working together, have a much greater chance of succeeding...provi...