Crashing the Boardwalk (Human...

By SomePersonInSpace

[Sequel to 'Safer Shores' (Human Lapidot)] It's that time of year! The summer has come once again, and w... More

[Before We Begin...]
1. Swim!
2. Games
3. Job
4. Testing! Testing!
5. The Rings
6. Something's in the Air?
7. The News
8. Restless
9. What We've Done
10. Swing
11. White Noise
13. Room to Breathe
14. Except It
15. The Meeting
16. Gone
17. To the Airport...?
18. Disappointment
19. "Do You Want to Die?"
20. The Flight
21. Lookout
22. Doubles
23. Chase
24. The Citizens
25. The Fall
26. Shadows of the Crowd
27. Blades
28. To The Hospital
29. Sitting in Silence
30. Reunited
...
[Thanks!]
About 'Familiar Chaos'

12. Rude

205 7 7
By SomePersonInSpace

[Heated Arguments Ahead Yall]

     "Yo, I thought-" Amethyst began. She was interrupted by Peridot shoving a twenty dollar bill into her hand. 

     "Buy as much shit as you can with it. I don't want any change back."

     "Ok, but where are you going?"

     "Nowhere, ok? I-I'll meet you at your place." Peridot kept walking, probably heading for the Brooding Hill. Amethyst hesitated before walking back towards The Big Doughnut, eyeing Jasper and Lapis on the bench.

     As amethyst waited for her three-dozen doughnuts to be boxed up, she thought about how Peridot walked out on her. She tried to fight back tears. The hell was I thinking, getting into her mess? She balled a fist on the counter, and it shook as her grip on nothing got stronger. She felt stupid, in the absolute least.

     Steven turned from the window to see his friend being consumed by rage. "Amethyst, you-?"

     "That bitch is fucking cheating too!" She suddenly screamed.

     "Woah-" Sadie said. "Calm down Amethyst."

     Amethyst scoffed and took two boxes of doughnuts. Steven took the final. "Whatever. Keep the change Sadie." The two walked out. While doing to, the girl decided that she'd push away her own hurt and try to figure out why Lapis was with Jasper, of all people. Gets Peridot out of my face seperating then anyhow. "Steven, go home, I'll get Peridot and come back with her."

     "Ok. You two gonna be alright? I mean, you both seem pissed."

     "Hey, don't get accustomed with using that kind of language, ok? Pearl'll kill me."

     "My bad. I guess I'll see you later?"

     "Yeah, no guesswork."

...

     Peridot sat down, digging her fingers into the soft grass below her. She was just trying to get away from the stress. She didn't even want to act around Amethyst how she did. She subconsciously found a moment to give the girl what she seemed like she wanted-affection-and gave it to her. And, she, having been physically hurt, felt a bit better about having worked so closely with The Diamonds. Peridot had no idea what Lapis was trying to do, or why the hell it seemed to be working.

     She felt her hear sore in an angry confusion. "I-I should'a just shut the hell up. I was so afraid of losing her, but if I would'a just kept quiet, Jasper wouldn't have a chance to do this!" Peridot paused. "I-I guess I may deserve it though, I mean, with The Diamonds coming with the weapons I gave them access to.. Dammit! It still seems wrong to me. Despite my deserving of, I can't let go." Peridot let a single, hot, tear fall from her face before wiping it away and straightening up. She wanted a doughnut, to be honest. I can't just show up now, not after storming out like that. The hell would I say, 'Sorry I used you to distract myself'? Or 'Sorry I'm so stupidly jealous I got temper all of a sudden'!?

     Peridot sighed. If anything, she should be trusting Lapis to just be chilling with Jasper. Just cooling off. She wondered if this is how Lapis felt, though. This kind of betreyal.

...

     Amethyst stopped around the block corner to Jasper's house, and saw Lapis and the buff girl walking into it.

     "Do you have popcorn?" Lapis asked. Amethyst could barley hear it, though.

     "I think so." Replied Jasper.

     "Ooh! What do you think we should watch?"

     "Anything you feel like."

     "You got 'It'?"

     "Hell yeah!"

     "Yes!"

     "Hey Jasper, wait up!" Amethyst called. Jasper turned around, confused as to why she were here. Amethyst kept walking towards the house.

     "Amy? Wh-what's up?"

     "Nothing? I-I just decided to take better care of myself, so, uh, I just started walking around." Jasper rose an eyebrow. "You having a movie night at your place?"

     "Not that it's any of your concern." Lapis mumbled. Amethyst still heard it, and was enraged.

     "Yo, you don't gotta throw salt in my eyes or nothing, if you don't want me third wheeling, I'll be glad to leave. I got a lot to leave to anyway."

     "And what's that? Definitely not your fat ass in a mirror." Lapis retorted. Amethyst had enough, and began to let things flow that she'd never thought she'd say. Some things she herself didn't even believe.

     "Bitch, I got yo' girlfriend to come home to, but she ain't shit to you now is she? If you gave a shit, you wouldn't be selling your own body to this burnt sierra-looking ass would ya." Lapis covered her mouth. 

     "What the hell-!" Jasper began.

     "She only wit' me cuz I, unlike your shit-talking crayola-haired ass, am loyal to her." Amethyst passed by the house, and opened a doughnut box. Eating one, she turned to Lapis and smirked. She threw the bit-doughnut at Lapis. "Have on bitch, 'less you're too scared to get thicc like me. Peace." She kept walking.

     "Man, fuck you!" Lapis screamed. "If you were all that, ans Peridot liked you so much, why didn't Peridot come crawling to you first?"

     "She didn't come crawling to nobody, you begged her to let you into her house. Desperate motherfucker." Lapis kept shouting, but Amethyst tuned her out. She felt a small pang of guilt having snapped at Lapis in such an uncivilized way, but she was hurting Peridot, and she wasn't going to be a bystander.

...

     "That bitch." Jasper said, grabbing 'It' from the shelves.

     "Who does she think I am?"

    "A hoe. Wasn't that clear?"

     "Jasper!"

     "I'm answering your question! I'm sorry. She's that, if anything. You, you're perfect Lapis. I'm sorry I let her shout, but I promise to beat her tomorrow." Lapis crossed her arms in the couch and muttered a weak 'ok' while waiting for Jasper to turn on the T.V. "Look, you shouldn't have been rude upon answering to her statements, of course, but Amethyst was getting very extreme. I promise I'll deal with that, ok?"

     "Ok." Lapis paused. "Do you think I'm a cheater?"

     "No. We're just having a good time. Unless, of course, you feel otherwise." Jasper sat next to Lapis on the couch.

     "Like there's something more?"

     "I guess, if you wanna put it that way."

     Lapis paused, and the movie started. "I don't know. I might give her another chance. I'm just mad, I honestly don't know what to do." Jasper, after a bit of hesitation, put an arm around Lapis' shoulder.

     "I'll support you throughout, ok?" Lapis smiled.

     "Yeah."

Jasper could taste the blood already. The next day, she went all-out on Amethyst. Her lip was busted open, her knees terribly scraped, and along with various cuts along her arms and back and bruises from defense, Amethyst's arm had snapped the wrong way.

...

     "Aww damn." Amethyst rubbed her cast, the weight of it diminishing her will to try and move her forearm. She groaned. "Fu-"

     "Amethyst!" Steven shouted. He ran into the hospital room and hugged the girl tight, making her wince in pain. "Oh my Gosh are you ok??" He seemed very worried, and looked like he might have been near crying about a minute ago.

     "Yeah."

     Peridot came into the room, coming to Amethyst's bedside and brushed a finger through the girl's hair. "You sure?"

     "Yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 937 13
Lapis and Peridot are living together in the Barn for one year now. They have a crush on each other. Lapis really wants to take away these Feelings b...
231K 3.7K 36
ON HIATUS! Ever wished you could have as many adventures as Steven? Because me too.
141K 4.6K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
60.6K 2.5K 34
(If u haven't read Killing Me Slowly, read that first to better understand this story) After a series of stressful ups and downs, early retired gang...