When He's Gone

By mxddiewxst

When her boyfriend gets sent to Afghanistan, Alexia struggles to get through her everyday life without him th... More

Chapter 1: Walk Away
Chapter 2: Empty House
Chapter 3: Our Story
Chapter 4: Lost
Chapter 5: Eyes on Me
Chapter 7: What made you stay?
Chapter 8: Not Alone
Chapter 9: Missing Piece
Chapter 10: Unexpected
Chapter 11: Promise
Chapter 12: Revealing
Chapter 13: Perfect Timing
Chapter 14: Words Left Unspoken
Chapter 15: The Call

Chapter 6: Uneasy

4.9K 128 0
By mxddiewxst

I don't understand why people feel the need to stare at me now. The entire school knows my boyfriend is now stationed but is that really a good reason to stare me down and make me uncomfortable? People here are so unsupportive.

I drag through the next periods, fitness and calculus, and after what felt like forever its finally my lunch break. Lynzee and Johnathan meet me in the parking lot. John puts his arm around me, "no ones gonna mess with you" and I thank him, while looking over to the home coming poster. I sigh and look away. We all get in the car, "next stop, taco bell because I said so" Lynzee says, she knows its one of my favourites.

We all order our usual and sit in silence on our phones, Brooklyn usually started conversation. I text Natalie to see if she's doing okay and check my instagram notifications. Everything is about Brooklyn and it becomes too much to handle, forcing me to put my phone down.

I pick at my fries until the others finish and then we all get back in the car, I notice Johnathan and Lynzee holding hands and it gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach which I didn't expect. I look down at Brooklyn on my phone screen, its only been a day, not even. I can't picture how I can go on like this. I look up and stare out the window as it beings to rain like some sad movie. Great, just great. "Are you okay?" Lynzee asks me, and all I can do is nod my head yes, hoping she can see from her mirror. I'm fighting tears at this point and I'm not allowing them to fall. At least not this time, not in front of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 106 8
Before committing suicide, Diana writes letters to the people who have played a vital part in her life, trying to tell her side of the story.
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

321K 8.2K 116
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
27.6K 717 20
Charlotte gets caught up in a bush fire that is out of control in rural New South Wales in Australia. Just when she thinks that she is going to die i...
58.1K 3.1K 46
"You could've told me." "Told you what exactly?" "That when I fell in love with you, you were going to be a pain in the ass to protect...