When He's Gone

By mxddiewxst

When her boyfriend gets sent to Afghanistan, Alexia struggles to get through her everyday life without him th... More

Chapter 1: Walk Away
Chapter 3: Our Story
Chapter 4: Lost
Chapter 5: Eyes on Me
Chapter 6: Uneasy
Chapter 7: What made you stay?
Chapter 8: Not Alone
Chapter 9: Missing Piece
Chapter 10: Unexpected
Chapter 11: Promise
Chapter 12: Revealing
Chapter 13: Perfect Timing
Chapter 14: Words Left Unspoken
Chapter 15: The Call

Chapter 2: Empty House

7.2K 155 2
By mxddiewxst

Natalie switched the car to park as she reached my house. As I undid my seatbelt she cleared her throat. "If you need anything, you call me" she said, still choked up.  I thanked her and assured her if she needed the same I'd be there. I knew how hard things would be for her considering she'd have to face sitting alone in a empty house for over a year.

She leaned in and hugged me tight, tucking my hair behind my ear. She was the closest thing I had that felt like my mother and I wouldn't trade it for anything. After she let go I tried to give her a smile and I thanked her once again for driving me as I opened the door. I knew how hard it was for her to smile back, but she managed to do it anyways. Natalie is such a strong woman.

She watched as I walked up the drive way and the porch steps, waiting until I was inside to drive away.

The house was empty when I stepped inside, leaving it filled with dead silence. In some ways I was relieved I didn't need to face talking to anybody, but then again I was left alone with the power of my mind to swallow me in over thinking; one of the only things I'm unfortunately good at.

Indecisive about whether to eat a dinner or not, I decided that I probably couldn't, even if I tried, so a shower and then bed it was.

I made my way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Someone could've told me I was a wreck. My chocolate brown hair was now a knotted mess and I had makeup smeared under my eyes. My eyes were left tinted dark and red from the unstoppable tears and my tan was replaced by a sickening pale colour.

I started the water for the shower after brushing my teeth, leaving my clothes in a heap on the ground. I pull the curtain back and step in carefully, the warm water left trickling down my back. My thoughts drain and I end up thinking of a different story, not so negative.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 8.6K 26
Seventeen-year-old Chloe Matthews is done with guys, done with her ex, and done with the cowboys of the Grand Teton Mountains. She refuses to get hur...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

322K 8.2K 116
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
11.2K 432 22
Maggie McNeily is not the average 1860's American Frontier woman. Only at the age of 19, she lives by herself in the wide open spaces of the Dakota t...
5.1K 332 21
Since the day Luke left Milwaukee there has been only one thing on his mind. The girl that he left behind. Was she even from Milwaukee? If she from...