Must Be Canine

By borders4life

"Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend, never owned a dog." -Unknown All of Emery's life as bee... More

Must Be Canine (on hold)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 33

17.1K 486 38
By borders4life

Hello all fans! I've been working feverishly to get this done for you guys. I kust want to thank everyone for all the votes on last chapter and hope to get just as many with this one.

I start college in about two weeks, so I know updates will slow down. Which is why I'm trying to type as much as I can before then.

I will let you get to reading!

----------------------

(Emery's POV)

The light of the just rising sun slowly leaks into the window, illuminating my room in small rays of gold and causing me to stir from my deep sleep. I blink, before burying my head further into my fleshy pillow.

Fleshy?

I look down at the bare skin of a toned chest. Beau's chest.

I must of fell asleep during the movie last night. I muse, looking at my risen orange tank top and grey knit shorts as I stretch my legs before curling them back up beside Beau's bare legs. He doesn't stir. I find my laptop sitting haphazardly on top of a pile of books on my nightstand, half closed.

Last night had been fun. After being caught ogling Beau, I showered and got my wits together to come out to find him playing tug with Luke and Fly in the middle of the floor. Each dog had a toy as they tugged him in different directions. Edward was bouncing around the commotion, trying to get someone to play ball with him. Then Starr and Angel were nipping at the tugging dogs' legs. It was definitely comical.

We settled down with our pizza after that, learning more about each other and our interests. Then I took care of my dogs and my horses, and we sat back in my room with my laptop to watch Netflix. Some point after starting the second How to Train Your Dragon movie, I guess I had fallen asleep. When he'd taken his shirt and pants off, I have no idea.

I breathe in deeply, releasing my breath against his chest. I listen to his steady heartbeat beneath my ear as I watch my hand trace light circles on his chest. He groans, the arm I'm laying on flattens a rough hand against my bare lower back. The other hand settles at my hip I peak up as his eyes flutter open, immediately seeking me out.

"Hey." His voice his thick and husky fron sleep. It does strange things to my insides.

"Hi." I say breathlessly. His eyes change slightly, and his grip tightens on my hip, pulling me closer to him. Maybe I effect him too...

"Did you see well?" He grumbles with his raspy voice, his hand loosening to draw circles along my lower back. I sigh and snuggling further into him.

"Surprisingly yes. I don't tend to sleep through the night with change." I mumble honestly. Fly and Luke stir at my voice, there feet pattering on my carpet before I feel noses poking at my back. I groan. "Go back to bed." They reluctantly listen.

"Change?" He inquires. His hand on my back shifting higher by the slightest bit, still lightly skimming my skin.

"If something is the slightest bit different in my room, I don't sleep well. Like, it took about a week to get use to Luke and Fly sleeping loose."

"Really?" I can already imagine a smirk on his face.

"Just one of many quirks of mine." I sigh. I peek up briefly to see him watching me with interest. "I'm weird I know." I grumble, covering my eyes with my arm.

"Hey." He shifts, rolling me over onto my back with him leaning over top of me. The hands that held my body moments ago now holds both my arms above my head, preventing me from hiding my face. It all happened so quick, that I had no time to react. "Don't hide yourself from me. I think its cute that you have your quirks." His eyes are serious and full of something else I don't know as he gazes down at me.

"I wouldn't call them cute. Weird and unusual, yes but not cute." I mumble, grumpily. His eyes flicker to my lips, before he slowly leans down, pausing a few centimeters from my own.

"Well I like that you're weird and unusual." Beau whispers before closing the miniscule distance between our lips. The kiss is short and sweet, before he removes them to place a similar kiss on my chin And then my cheek. Then to my jaw line, each kiss leaving searing tingles that run straight to my core. He leaves his kisses on every plane of my face, slowly making his way down my neck.

At some point, his hands release mine, one holding his weight off of me and the other running up the length of my side beneath my shirt. His calloused hands warm my body. My hands hold his neck and shoulder as he finally reaches my neck. I tilt my head to give him better access. I gasp when I feel him nip at my skin with sharp teeth, yanking on the hair st the nape of his neck and causing him to groan. He then laves it over with his tongue, soothing away the pain. He nips further down too, repeating the process until he reaches the base of my throat.

Instead of nipping, his lips attach to the sweet spot, sucking at my skin there. Once it becomes sensitive, he bites down on it, causing me to groan at the foreign feeling.

My shirt is hitched higher as he continues his assault on my neck. His hand is exploring higher and higher, getting more daring. When it cups my over my bra, I finally escape the foggy mess he put over me.

"Beau, stop." I say breathlessly while hiding my neck with my raised shoulder. I release my hold on his neck and push on his shoulders. He immediately releases me and sits up and positions himself next to me.

"Sorry. Too fast." He says apologetically, running his hand through his hair. His already messy hair sticks out even worse.

"It's fine, your hand just got a little......adventurous." I manage out.

"Adventurous?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, adventurous." I mock glare at him, the steamy mood around us dissipating. He glances down to my neck before looking smugly. "What?" I question.

"Nothing." He looks away towards the two dogs that await at my bedside again. I narrow my eyes but shrug it off.

"Whatever. It's time to get up anyways." I stretch my arms up over my head and yawn, before throwing my legs over onto the floor. Fly and Luke greet me immediately, pacing around frantically in need of grass to relieve themselves. "Okay, okay, I'm going." I whisper at their impatience.

I let them from my room, and they scramble to the door, awakening the other three. I, too, pop the doors on their crates and let them out front. I pad back into the living room to see Beau just emerging from it. I head into the kitchen to keep my eyes from wandering to his bare chest. I peek into the fridge, wandering what I have breakfast-wise.

"I hope you have coffee." He says from behind me as he enters into the kitchen.

"Sorry, I don't drink coffee." I shrug sheepishly. I hear his groan.

"There's something wrong with you then." He grabs me from behind and sits his head on my shoulder. "Aren't all girls suppose to like coffee?" He whines.

I scoff in response. "Sorry, not a typical white girl stereotype."

"Which is one of my favorite things about you." He mumbles against my cheek. I flush.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" I chsnge the subject. "I have cereal, and I can make a mean cheese omelette. But that's it unless you know how to cook." I turn my head to glance at him.

"Cereal. Don't want you burning down the kitchen." He jokes. I try to shove him away, but it's like moving a wall. "No violence now." He puts his hands up in surrender, but a smirk still sits on his face.

"Ha ha, you're so funny." I mutter dryly. I navigate around him and pull down the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch from the top of the fridge. Then I collect the milk, the bowls, and finally the spoons. "Help yourself while I get my crew in." I say, squeezing behind him and opening up the door to let in the rush of dogs. Knowing its breakfast time, they immediately settle into their crate as I scoop kibble into their bowls.

Once the bowls are placed in the crates, I head back into the living room to sit next to Beau on the couch, where he hands me my bowl. "So what are you doing today?" He inquires through a mouthful of food.

"I have work at 11." I answer after I swallow. His face falls slightly, but lifts back up.

"What about after work?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "Come home and do nothing."

"We could go out and do something? See a movie maybe?" He suggests with a hopeful grin.

"I don't know." I repeat, shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. I savor the sweet cinnamon taste as I chew slowly. "I mean, I guess we can. I'll just be tired from working all day." I add after swallowing.

"Something simple then. Like dinner?" He says, his eyes bright from me saying yes.

"Sure." I nod. His face breaks out in a huge smile. "Just pick me up from here around 7."

"Deal."

.....................

(Beau's POV)

Emery ushers me out in front of her, locking her front door before heading to her car with a lunch bag in hand. "I still can't believe you left a hickey on my neck." She grumbles.

I smirk and shrug, already having listened to her complain about it when she brushed her teeth. "I can't say I'm sorry."

"You're lucky I had something to cover it up with." My wolf grumbles about that part, about how she insisted on hiding it from the world. It may not be an official mark, but it was a mark nonetheless that any werewolf would recognize.

"I don't see the need to cover it up. You're my girl, I want the world to know." I say, leaning against my truck.

"Because my co-workers would have a field day with it. Trust me." She rolls her eyes but proceeds to get into her car.

"See you at 7!" I call through her closed door. She waves me off, but I still catch her smile.

I quickly get into my car and follow her out and down the road, a huge grin on my face.

Beau, where are you? And why have you been blocking out everyone? My father demands over the link.

Sorry, I was with Emery all night and wanted privacy. I respond.

Glad to see it's going well, but something's happened. You need to be at the pack house, asap. I sense the urgency in his voice.

What's happened? I ask frantically.

Just, get here.

I'm on my way.

.....

"....the recent attacks have officials baffled as to what is going on. As of tomorrow, the Ocala National Forest is closed to all visitors. Teams of hunters with dogs as well as on horse back will be launched in search of the possible rabid wolves that are harming citizens. For more information, stay tuned....." The news reporter continues, but I turn to my father who sits at his desk with a grave look.

"So what's this mean for us? No shifting?" I ask in an outrage. Those bloodsuckers are doing everything in their power to make our lives miserable. With the hunts, no one will be able to shift safely. When we force ourselves not to shift for an extended period, we become antsy and easily angered, shifting in inappropriate places and filled by bloodlust.

My father pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs deeply. "If we do, it has to be on the lawn of the yard, within view of pack house. But for the most part, no one can shift. Perimeter patrols will have to be put on hold. I may be able to get some tree fae to watch our borders, but they are easily intimidated."

"So they are basically planning to take our territory right out from under us by forcing us into a contained area? We need to do something! Fight back!" I roar, slamming my clenched hands against the chair and causing it to splinter under the intense pressure.

"I know what we need to do, but we can't! " He roars back. My wolf inside whimpers at his Alpha's wrath, so I back down too.

"I don't see why we can't." I mumble stubbornly.

"We still don't have the numbers, Beau." He says more softly. "We didn't have an appropriate reason to recieve allies to plan an attack. With this news being broadcasted to all the humans within the area, we may be able to get the permission. You need to learn to be patient. Running a pack needs patience, otherwise you ruin the pack by making rash decisions. I'll make the call in a little while, just settle down. We'll work through this." He consoles.

I sigh and run my hand roughly through my hair. "I guess." I grumble. I have no choice but to listen to him. I turn to leave, only to be stopped by his parting words.

"Just keep a good eye on Emery. I don't know if they know who she is to us or if they know her location."

And I plan to adhere to every word and try to stay by her as much as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 310 41
{Completed} "I'm your Alpha, don't ever say my name again." He seethed, it's as if every memory we had together went out the window. I stiffened at h...
3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
566K 21.4K 41
Cathy is the omega of the Shade Pack; the runt, the failure, the disappointment. Things are never going to change- or so she thinks. A rogue pack...
6.2K 276 18
Ashton is an Alpha who hides who he is due to the fear of getting feared, and Caleb is an omega who hides his identity since he hates how omegas are...