Daughter Of L贸rien || Book 1||

By LightofLaurelin

Celebr铆el is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebr铆an, though her parentage is not easily re... More

Ch 1 ~ The Forest
Ch 3 ~ The Dungeons
Ch 4 ~ Daughter of Elrond
Ch 5 ~ Captain of the Guard
Ch 6 ~ The Woodland King
Ch 7 ~ The Prince
Ch 8 ~ Celebr铆el
Ch 9 ~ The Palace
Ch 10 ~ Memories
Ch 11 ~ Reunited
Ch 12 ~ The Healers Wing
Ch 13 ~ A Night's Meeting
Ch 14 ~ Morning Mischief
Ch 15 ~ Chocolate
Ch 16 ~ Twin Trouble
Ch 17 ~ Meeting Again
Ch 18 ~ The Hands of a Healer
Ch 19 ~ Archery Practice
Ch 20 ~ Trouble with Bows and Arrows
Ch 21 ~ Swords Crossed
Ch 22 ~ Word from Rivendell
Ch 23 ~ Horses and Princes
Ch 24 ~ A Lesson in the Forest
Ch 25 ~ Swordswoman
Ch 26 ~ A Friend
Ch 27 ~ The Library
Ch 28 ~ Homeward Bound
Ch 29 ~ Matters of the Heart
Ch 30 ~ More Time
Ch 31 ~ The Dwarf
Ch 32 ~ Return to Mirkwood
Ch 33 ~ The Dwarf's Departure
Ch 34 ~ Orcs from the Moutains
Ch 35 ~ Lingering Days
Ch 36 ~ The Lady of Rivendell
Ch 37 ~ A Letter from Home
Ch 38 ~ The Shadow of Sorrow
Ch 39 ~ The Morning of the Feast
Ch 40 ~ The Feast of Starlight
Ch 41 ~ A Visit to the Kitchens
Ch 42 ~ From Dusk til Dawn
Ch 43 ~ The New Captain
Ch 44 ~ Call to the Front
Ch 45 ~ Farewell Promises
Ch 46 ~ Confronting the King
Ch 47 ~ Returns
Ch 48 ~ Reminiscence
Ch 49 ~ And Regret
Ch 50 ~ Home
Thank You

Ch 2 ~ Creatures of Mirkwood

7.6K 277 5
By LightofLaurelin

Two days have passed since I climbed that tree to figure out where we were. Two days and still no sight of the Woodland Realm. I am beginning to grow impatient. I am getting sick of this forest. Our horses trot along the forest floor, stirring up the leaves, creating a stir in the silent forest.

"You'd think a forest with elves inhabiting it would be nicer." I mutter looking around and thinking of my grandmother's Realm.

Lothlórien is the most beautiful place in all of Middle Earth and compared to it, Mirkwood needs a little polishing up.

"Don't be rude." Elladan chides. "You're just used to the splendor of Lórien, considering how much time you spend there. In fact, Mirkwood is quite nice... although it could use a little more light."

"Aha see? Key word: Light." I say. "Lothlórien's full of it. You're used to it just as much as I am."

He scowls.

"Will you two be quiet?" Elrohir hisses. "You're going to attract all the 'not so nice' things in this forest."

I laugh at his worry. "Like what?"

He freezes and points up.

"Like that."

I look up to see hundreds of giant spiders descending from the trees on thickly spun webs.

"Time to leave!" I shout and urge my horse to pick up the pace.

I can hear my brothers' horses running behind me but I do not look back. I reach for my bow but quickly rethink it. There are too many. We would have to outrun them.

So I run.

~~~

"Elladan? Elrohir?"

I had lost my brothers during the chase. Worry eats at my insides.

I pray to Eru they're still alive.

I sit down and lean against a tree. It would do no good to wander around this forest and get lost. I must reach the Woodland Realm and ask for their help. They surely know this damned forest better than I do. I get up and brush my pants off.

And that's when I hear it. The smallest rustle in the tree above me. I whirl around and come face to face with an arrow pointed at me. An elf is on the other end, her grey eyes looking at me. She smiles.

"Good morning. You're coming with me." She says.

"Excuse me?" I reply, annoyed.

"I said you're coming with me" she says more sternly.

"And where exactly will we be going?" I ask, skeptical.

"Why, isn't it obvious?" She smirks. "To the halls of the Woodland King of course."

And then everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.6K 23
*Complete* A Lord of the Rings FanFiction A Daughters of Middle Earth Story Formerly Titled "Some Things are Meant to Endure" The only daughter o...
3K 248 17
When dreams stop being dreams, things get confusing. Anna is back - back in a place she once thought was just a product of her imagination. The silve...
819K 28.2K 68
*WATTYS 2015 WINNER* A woman has been living with the corsairs for centuries, she could only see the outside world through a window. But when given a...
5.1K 175 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...