Night Disease

By kipekipe

UNDERGOING EDITS/COMPLETED A day can change your life in an instant, just like one decision can change the pa... More

Author note
Chapter 1
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 2

1.1K 51 12
By kipekipe

Some people search the internet for any safe places we can go after we got all the doors barricaded. I drag my friends into an empty hall. "Guys I need to tell you something very important," I say nervously.

"What is it Kaindra?" Kaitlyn asks concerned.

"You guys won't believe me if I tell you I need to show you," I say. Slowly I open my hand, and all the elements are floating in the middle of my hand.

"Kai...Kaindra wha..what are y.y.you doing?" Jen asks.

"I am not just human, well not anymore. You remember the accident that happened last summer?" I ask starting my explanation.

They nod still staring "well when I got hit by the car I was dying and someone saved me, kind of they saved me too late so I dyed then I came back different. I came back a vampire with abilities." I start closing my hand, I change into a black wolf.

They jump back shocked, and quickly I change back. "I got powers I can shapeshift, turn invisible and teleport, and as you saw control the elements. I was supposed to get the ability's when I was sixteen. But with dying and coming back my body went into defence and harnessed them early, we don't know why I have them but I do and I can't change that. Now can you guys please say something please" I say desperately getting nervous again?

Before I can move they squeal and jump on me. "Oh my god, we knew something was different but couldn't figure out what. Oh my god, our friend is a witch" they exclaimed together.

Shoving them off me I shush them "you guys can't tell anyone okay please I don't know what their reactions would be. Especially with what is going on" I say sternly.

They nod vigorously and exited. Out of now, we're someone yells. Running back into the commons a boy jumps up. "What's going on? What happened?" I ask. Quickly walking over to the boy.

"I found a post about a base located not too far from here, a safe place for any survivors," he says, a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

The power goes out, many phone flashlights turn on as people look around. Dragging my friends back out into the hall I tell them "I need to check on my family, if you want me I can go and check on yours and take them to a safe place" they nod at a loss for words.

Walking into a class I nod to them they nod back speechless. Disappearing in a cloud of shadows I go home. With lamps and candles, my family is in the living room.

"Thank god for your safety" I exclaimed going down to hug them. "I'm sorry this is short but I need to take you to Jordan's," I say, they nod in understanding grabbing their already packed bags.

"Let's go," my sister says. Gathering in a circle shadows cover us as I take them to Jordan's.

"Kaindra, Caslatos thank god you guys are okay," Jordan says relieved. Dragging me into a bear hug.

"Jordan let me go," I say trying to push him away.

"No you got me so worried I am never letting go," he says hugging me harder.

"You are like a little girl man up," I say.

"No," he says resting his chin on my head.

"Jordan let her go," Bella says walking into the room.

"Why," he says pouting. Getting tired of this I disappear into shadow reappearing out of his grasp.

"You are no fun," he says crossing his arms.

Bella walks to stand beside him. "Sometimes I don't know why I love you," She says sighing.

"I don't know how you live with him," I say walking over to her open arms.

"I missed you," She says giving me a gentler hug.

"Me too," I say hugging her back. Releasing her I become serious. "I guess you know why I'm here," I say, she nods. "Then you know I must go," I say, she nods again.

"Don't worry we will watch over your family?" she says giving me an understanding look.

"Thank you," I say hugging her again.

"You don't have to thank me, but before you go a few other people would like to see you," She says letting me go.

Turning around I get tackled to the floor in a doggy pile. "Guys get off me," I say laughing.

"No, we have not seen you in weeks Let us joy this moment," Josh says.

Sighing I disappear again then reaper behind them. "You do know I was here last night right," I say raising an eyebrow.

"We know but you were kicking Jordan's a-" I throw water at him.

"Don't finish that sentence?" I say sternly. "What have you been teaching them," I say to Jordan.

He shrugs "nothing," he says innocently.

I shake my head "never mind, Josh, Everly, Jaylin how I have missed you" I say pulling them each into a hug.

"We have missed you too," they say in the sink.

Chuckling I step back "You do know I can't stay," I say, they nod sadly. "But don't worry I will come to visit you guys, especially on your birthday. We can't have a birthday bash without me there" I say, they laugh cheering up at the thought of seeing me again.

They nod "will miss you," they say.

"I know but I will always be watching," I say.

Giving them one last hug I turn to my family. "I will come back and get you when I know it is safe," I say.

They nod "we know" Kaylee my sister says. Smiling I pull them all into a hug.

"I love you," I say.

"We love you too," my mother says.

Smiling I pull away "don't prank them without me," I say to my sister and the triplets.

They laugh "oh we will the best prank yet," they say with evil smirks on their faces.

Chuckling I move back "see you guys in a few weeks," I say.

"See ya," they all say. Smiling I shadow away. Once my friend's families are safe and Jordan's I go to school.

When I appear back in the classroom voices can be heard.
"-Kaindra is not here everyone checked the whole school, not one place is she here. But the one place you guys won't let us see she could be-" I move into the hall Liam is talking to Jen and Kaitlyn but stops once he sees me. "We're the hell were you?" Liam asks.

Sighing I pull him into the class, Jen closes the door once we all are inside. "Liam what I am about to tell you will sound crazy but you can't tell anyone got it, also try to keep your cool we don't want to sound the alarm, okay?" I ask, he nods confusedly.

"Well I am-" I tell him everything that I am how I got to be what I am what I was doing, all of it.

"Wow, I won't tell anyone I promise. But I just can't believe it what you are and what is out there possibly worse than zombies since they can think" he says bewildered.

"I know but we should probably get going, the farther from the city we are the fewer zombies we should see," I say. Nodding we all head back to the commons.

"What are we going to do?" The boy from before runs up to him and asks.

"Did the groups get made for who goes in what car?" I ask, and he nods.
"Then let's get going, make sure to take everything with you and have room in the car, even if it's the trunk in case any people not bitten are on the road or if a car runs out of gas," I say to everyone.

Soon yelling is taking place as people move to grab their things. Walking to the door some people help me move the tables away once the coast is clear. A hush falls over the school as I slip out the door. Quickly scouting the area I motion with my hand for the first group.

Running to their car the engine turns as they move out of the school parking lot. Slowly groups file out of the school. The only people left are the ones in my car. Motioning they follow me to my chosen car. Buckling up I hotwire the car to life. A full tank appears in front of me as everyone buckled up.

Quickly driving out of the parking lot I follow the path from the cars before us. "What if there are zombies on the road?" Jen asks from the back.

"Evade them or run them over, I went over this remember," I say she nods.

"What if there is a big group," she says worriedly.

"Evade or run over," I say calmly.

"What i-" I cut her off.

"I can move them out of the way if you would like," I say waving my hand to move an abandoned car.

She nods calming down but still looking out of the windows. Eventually, we make it out of the city. It wasn't that far since we were at the edge but with all the empty cars on the road, it took longer. Soon the other cars can be seen speeding down the road. Hopefully, the military base is safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 812 23
Winter and her two sisters, Alyssa and Nalla, finally accept the true nature of the apocalypse. but only when a zombie attacks, and bites one of thei...
1K 120 38
The government has a secret, they are the cause of the apocalypse of the dead. They wanted a weapon, something that no one would be able to beat. The...
498K 17K 43
γ€Š Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...
1.9K 683 62
(This story may be uncomfortable for people. Sorry :/) After an unknown virus started spreading worldwide and the dead began to not stay dead. People...