Fantastic Beasts: The Little...

By GriffinGirlElizabeth

Emma Rose Scamander is the adopted daughter of the infamous Newt Scamander, a magical zoologist with a crazy... More

Introductions!
Chapter One: First Trip to New York!
Chapter Two: Niffler in the Bank
Chapter Three: MACUSA and.. Sweets?
Chapter Five: Dinner with the Goldsteins
Chapter Six: A Whole New World
Chapter Seven: The Quest Begins
Chapter Eight: The History of Emma Scamander
Chapter Nine: Interrogation
Chapter Ten: Escape from MACUSA
Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Twelve: The Battle
Chapter Thirteen: Heartbreaking Goodbyes
Chapter Fourteen: The Start of a New Story
Sequel is Up!

Chapter Four: "Just a Smidge."

4.9K 111 47
By GriffinGirlElizabeth

It turns out that the Muggle Baker was actually a very good cook. As we left the MACUSA building with the Muggle's case, and Miss Goldstein was coming along with us, I had decided to sample all the different pastries in the case. Surprisingly, this Muggle could actually cook!

We walked down another busy street and I was eating the my sixth pastry while daddy held me in his arms as he and Miss Goldstein walked down the street. "Can I have another one, please?" I asked, finishing the pastry.

"No, my dear, you've had enough of those pastries." Daddy told me, wiping my sugary face with his coat sleeve.

"Aww, okay. They were good though." I whined, hugging daddy tightly.

"I'm sure they were." Daddy replied with a chuckle.

"I still can't believe you didn't Obliviate that man!" Miss Goldstein finally spoke up, "If there's an inquiry, I'm finished!"

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"Because we're not supposed to go near the Second Salemers!" Miss Goldstein replied, looking as though she was on the edge of having a panic attack.

The three of us then saw daddy's Billywig fly over our heads and we looked up to see it flying off. Daddy and I looked worriedly at each other. "What was that?" Miss Goldstein asked.

"Umm.. Moth, I think. Big moth." Daddy replied, lying again.

The three of us then turned the corner to see a bunch of people crowded in front of a tall building. Some people were even leaving the building in a rather rushed and scared state. We overheard many people arguing with a police officer. "Im sorry, ma'am, but there ain't no smell of gas!" The police officer said to a worried mother.

"But it wasn't gas, officer! I seen it! It was a gigantic, huge, hippo-" The homeless man for cut off by daddy secretly casting a spell on him, erasing his mind of the thing that he saw. ".... Gas!"

That only made the crowd go even more crazier. While Miss Goldstein was distracted by the building and all the commotion, Daddy took my hand and quickly ran us inside the ruined building. "Do you think the Muggle is in there, daddy?"

"He has to be, my dear! If that man saw a "hippo," then he must be referring to the Graphorn, which means she escaped!" Daddy explained as the two of us quickly ran up the stairs, "Let's hope she's the only one that got out."

The two of us arrived checked every room that we could before finding the Muggle's room, which was completely destroyed. There was broken glass, ruined furniture, and there was even a massive hole in the wall. "That would be the Graphorn." I commented before hearing a low groaning.

We turned our heads to see the Muggle laying in the corner passed out. Daddy and I ran over to see and check him out, only to see small red bites on them. "Those look like Murtlap bites, daddy." I said worriedly.

"That they are, my dear. That means he got out too. We'll have to-"

"Emma! Mr. Scamander!" We heard Miss Goldstein yell from all the way downstairs. Oh no, she found us out!

"Daddy, what do we do?!" I whispered in a scared tone.

"Not to worry, my dear. I've got this." Daddy grinned and pulled out his wand, casting the Repairing Charm to fix the whole room to how it originally was. I quickly grabbed the case and began to close it tightly as daddy finished up the charm, sitting right beside me as Miss Goldstein entered the room just in time.

"It was opened?" She asked.

"Just a smidge." Daddy replied.

"That crazy Niffler thing on the loose again?"

"Maybe. And maybe more creatures." I replied with a small shrug.

"Well, look for it!" She scolded at us before the Muggle groaned again, causing Miss Goldstein to run to his aid, "His neck is bleeding! He's hurt! Hey, wake up, Mr. No-Maj."

With Miss Goldstein's back turned, Daddy got up and took my hand again, making our way towards the door. I stopped and looked up at him. "Daddy, we can't leave yet! We have to help him!"

"Emma, we have to find-" Before daddy could speak, Miss Goldstein screamed as the Murtlap finally revealed itself. Thankfully, daddy caught him by his tail and I grabbed opened the case just in time.

"Mercy Lewis, what is that?!" Miss Goldstein yelled.

"Nothing to worry about!" Daddy told her as he dropped the Murtlap into the case and I quickly closed it up.

"That was just a Murtlap, Miss Goldstein. Nothing more." I added with a smile.

"What else do you guys have in that case?" Miss Goldstein asked worriedly, both her and daddy unaware of the Muggle finally waking up.

"Oh! Hello, Mr. Muggle!" I said and waved to the Muggle politely.

"You! And you!" The Muggle gasped, recognizing both me and daddy.

"Hello there." Daddy waved.

The Muggle was about to get up, but Miss Goldstein stopped him. "Woah, easy, Mr-"

"Kowalski, Jacob." The Muggle finally introduced himself.

"Daddy, I think now would be a good time to Obliviate him." I whispered up to daddy, staring at Miss Goldstein trying to shake Mr. Kowalski's hand.

"Good idea, my dear." Daddy said before pulling out his wand, but Miss Goldstein saw it and shielded Mr. Kowalski protectively.

"You can't Obliviate him! We need him as a witness!"

"I'm sorry, but you just yelled at me the length of New York for not doing it in the first place!" Daddy argued, seeming a little aggravated.

"Yeah! Geez, woman, make up your mind!" I added and crossed my arms.

"Because he's hurt! He looks ill!" Miss Goldstein argued back.

"He'll be fine, Murtlap bites aren't serious." Daddy said as he put his wand away.

"Umm.. Actually, daddy, that bite does look pretty bad." I said honestly.

"It is a bit more of a severe reaction than we've seen, my dear." Daddy replied before we looked at Miss Goldstein, "But if it were really serious than...." Daddy seemed a little bit worried to say the next part, looking down at me awkwardly.

I blinked before remembering what the first symptom was and started to snort a little, trying to contain my laughter. It was a bad symptom, but it was honestly very funny. "What?" Miss Goldstein asked.

"Well... The first symptom would be flames out of his anus." Daddy finally said.

This only increased my laughter until I had to hold my stomach. The three grown ups all looked at me as if they were waiting for me to finish laughing. I eventually calmed down and looked up at them all in confusion. "What? It's funny."

"It's balled up, is what it is!" Miss Goldstein argued.

"It'll only last forty-eight hours at the most! Emma and I can keep him if you-"

"Keep him? We don't keep them!" She said before rubbing her temples, "Mr. Scamander, do you and your daughter know anything about the Wizarding Community in America?"

"We do, actually. Emma and I have done some research on your backwards laws about relations with non-magic people." Daddy replied, "That you're not meant to befriend them, that you can't even marry them, which offends Emma."

"Friends are friends no matter who they are!" I commented with a pout. It was true that I didn't agree that Wizards and Muggles couldn't be friends or even get married. People should like or love each other not because of who they are or what color skin they are or what religion they are. People should be friends based on the person's heart. Maybe then there wouldn't be so many wars.

"Yeah, well, who's gonna marry him?" Miss Goldstein asked rudely.

"Hey, don't be mean, Miss Goldstein! He's a good baker, any women would probably be very lucky to have him." I argued up at her, snapping my fingers in a sassy manner. I saw that Mr. Kowalski gave a small smile when I complimented his baking skills.

"I don't have time for this!" Miss Goldstein groaned, "You're all coming with me."

"I still don't see why we have to come with you." Daddy argued.

"We didn't sign up for this!" I added as Daddy went over and helped pick up Mr. Kowalski from the ground as I picked up daddy's case and held daddy's hand tightly.

"I'm.... I'm dreaming, right? Yeah, I'm tired. I never went to the bank. This is all just some big nightmare, right?" Mr. Kowalski asked aloud.

"For both of us, Mr, Kowalski." Miss Goldstein mumbled.

"Now you're just being mean." I commented to her. But she didn't reply back to me as we all Disapperated out of Mr. Kowalski's room.

Huh, I wonder where we were gonna go now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 1K 15
It's been a year since Newt Scamander and his young daughter, Emma Scamander, left New York City. But now there's a new danger: Credence is alive and...
72.8K 3.1K 51
Newt's travel ban was not in place until after his book was published and he was able to visit Tina in New York before then. They become close, very...
335K 3.8K 28
imagines for this cinnamon roll who must be protected at all costs cover by me © kalopsiascity [COMPLETED, REQUESTS CLOSED] [NEWT SCAMANDER] [...
147K 5.1K 28
Atlas Willow joins Newt Scamander on his adventure in New York not quite knowing why he's there in the first place. [FINISHED] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1...