The Shy One

By jshaee

De'Asia was known as the shy, good girl in school who never really hung around people and always had her grad... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: Surprise!
Chapter 3: What A Fucking Day
Chapter 4: Karma
Chapter 5: Hot Tea
Chapter 6: Vacation
Chapter 7: Missing You
Chapter 8: Captured
Chapter 9: Revenge
Chapter 10: Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Still Down
Chapter 13: Falling Apart
Chapter 14: Him
Chapter 15: Chaos (Preview)
Chapter 15: Chaos (Continued)
Chapter 16: Catching Up
Chapter 17: Oopsie, Daisy
Chapter 19: Coming To The Light (Preview)
Chapter 19: Coming To The Light (Continued)
Chapter 20: Epilogue
Author's Note: A Thank You Letter

Chapter 18: In Hiding

1.9K 74 61
By jshaee

Skylar 'Sky' Redfin
I sat at the kitchen table and looked through the photos that were just faxed over to me from my manager. Smiling at the work, I sat back and sipped some coffee as Pluto came and jumped on my lap.

"Hi boy!" I greeted Pluto which made him more excited. He licked my face over and over while his paws sat on my shoulders.

I laughed and gently pushed him off of me before standing to my feet, heading to my room to make sure I had all of my things together but stopped when something caught my attention in Dee's room.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I stepped towards it but stopped once I seen her walk up to whatever it was that caught my attention and grab it. She looked at it sighing before putting it back down on the bed, and began putting her hair up into a ponytail.

She noticed me through her mirror and I quickly walked in, trying to play it off as if I were already fixing to walk in. She quickly grabbed the picture and put it away before I could see anything, then greeted me.

"Wassup'?" She asked me. I shrugged and smirked a little before rubbing my arm.

"Nothing just bored," I blandly stated. She nodded and grabbed her textbook before sitting on the bed.

"Yeah me too," she said grabbing her notebook, pen, and highlighters. I stared at her big brown eyes, her soft light skin, and her beautiful body. She was breathtaking, truly beautiful beyond words.

"What?" She snapped me away from my thoughts. I blushed and shook my head under her intense gaze before standing to my feet.

"Are you okay? You acting weird as hell right now," Dee chuckled nervously before blinking thousands of times. I sensed that she was hiding something and it made me wonder but not for long, because she started to squint which made me shift uncomfortably.

"I don't mean to, I-I just..." I face palmed myself for stuttering then continued. "I just was bored and came to see what you were up to,"

"Oh," She examined my face closely before squinting again.

"Why yo' face so red? Fuck you doing? Holdin' yo breath?" She asked chuckling. I giggled at her joke and shifted uncomfortably again as she bit her lip.

"I'm gonna go to my room," I said before turning to walk away but she stopped me.

"Give me a hug guh'," she insisted. I blushed yet again and reached in for a hug. She patted my back a few times before letting me go.

I looked at her and sighed before turning to walk out. "Hey, Sky?"

I quickly turned around. "Yeah?"

"Those people in the private section, did they say anything about me when I walked away? You were their waitress so I figured you knew and I was just wondering," she stated with curiosity obviously evident in her voice.

"No they didn't say anything about you, they were just eating and talking about what seemed like their son," I informed. Dee smiled slightly then nodded.

"Alright thanks," she said and I nodded and walked away.

I rushed into my room when I heard my phone ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey sis, how you been?" I heard my big brother over the phone.

"I've been alright, where are you? Are you down here?" I asked him excitedly.

Me and him grew up in separate homes but we were always really close. We stayed in touch a lot, especially while we were in school. He was always there when I need to talk to somebody or wanted to do something that was completely illegal and stupid.

"Yeah, I'm in town. That's why I was calling, so I could come see you," he explained. I squealed and he chuckled.

"It'll have to be Wednesday before we can link, I have these modeling gigs and plus my classes," I explained.

"I gotcha', ima' be staying at a hotel though. Glizzy with me," he said. I rolled my eyes.

Glizzy was my childhood sweetheart and first everything. We got older and experienced changes and he began thinking he could put his dick up in someone else even after I gave him my virginity. After that, I ghosted him and to this day, that is the reason why I'm so attracted to females, rather than males.

"When did you get down here?" I dodged talking about him and he chuckled.

"Damn ma, it's like that?" I heard Glizzy and I froze as my heart dropped to my stomach.

My breathing was uneven and I quickly tried to get it back to normal. "Amir, you play so much. Call me whenever you get to your hotel," I stated.

"Aight' sis, I love you," He cooed. I sucked my teeth and hung up the phone.

I chuckled to myself as I laid back, starting my essay where I left off at.

My phone dinged and I looked at it realizing it wasn't a saved number.

(678) 492-2763: I know you still miss me shorty, it's okay to front like you don't. 😘
Delivered, Read: 7:43

Reading it my mind instantly went to Glizzy. I ignored the message and blocked his number, making sure he never could get in contact with me again. I put my phone down and started on my essay again.

Not even 3 minutes later, I got another message from my brother.

Amir: Glizzy said unblock him.
Delivered, Read: 7:46

Glizzy, put my brother's phone down before I snitch.
Delivered, Read: 7:48

Amir: Whatchu gone get from it?
Delivered, Read: 7:49

I shook my head, slightly irritated before putting my phone on airplane mode and concentrating on my essay.

Glizzy and I will never be a thing again, no matter how hard he tries. All he wants to do is fuck again and I'm more than aware of what my sexuality is.

Even if I didn't find the opposite sex attractive, Glizzy would not be an option, let alone a thought. I want no doings with him and I'm sure he knows that. If he doesn't, my actions should tell him that.

Hopefully he'll get the hint to leave me alone.

Pluto pushed my door open and jumped on my bed, licking my cheek. I giggled and smiling at his playful behind before he laid at the foot of the bed, going to sleep.

I pushed my glasses up on my face, sighed.

Hopefully.

Makayla 'Kay' Johansen
I put a sleeping Donte down in his crib and sighed, rubbing my eye.

I walked back into my room and laid down, grabbing my phone. "Hello? I thought you would've hung up,"

"You know I wouldn't have hung up," Haji said.

Haji was someone I'd been talking to since high school but we never made anything official because the friendship and bond was so strong.

"Haven't heard from you in a while though, how is everything?" He asked me. I yawned.

"Good, how about you Mr. Hollywood?" I questioned, earning a chuckle from him. He was casted for a role in the new, popular tv show 'Power' and he'd been blowing up ever since they revealed him as the new character.

"I've been chillin' for real, everything gets tiring after a while," he expressed. My eyebrow rose at the thought of him getting tired of getting all of this attention.

"You? Haji Amaru Erin, tired of attention? Never thought I'd see the day," I teased. He laughed sarcastically.

"Very funny, but just being in the limelight isn't my cup of tea for real," he expressed again. I nodded as if he could see me.

"You do realize that it's 12 in the morning here right?" I asked him before yawning again.

The only reason I'm up is because Donte started crying and I had to change him and give him a bottle. Other than that I would've been asleep, but he called just as Donte was going back to sleep.

"I'm sorry, I should've called earlier. I'll call you tomorrow and tell you the good news," he said. My eyes shot open at the sound of good news and I sucked my teeth at his tactics.

"Really? What's the good news?" I asked sitting up a little bit, giving him my full attention.

"Nawl', gone to sleep," he insisted before chuckling at me. I sucked my teeth, yet again.

"No tell me the good news, I'm curious now," I demanded. The line went silent and I then heard the FaceTime ringer ringing, I sucked my teeth again then laughed before answering the call.

Once it connected, he was laying on the bed with no shirt on. His tattoos looked fresh, as if he'd just gotten them and his skin looked soft enough to bite into. His dark drown eyes were fixated on me and he ran his tongue over his lips.

I was in a trance before- "Hello? Damn, you wasn't gone say nothing?"

"My bad, I was thinking about something," I said, saving myself from lying. He chuckled and nodded.

"Why I can't see you? Turn yo' light on or something," he said. I frowned and my whole mood changed.

You call me in the middle of the night to tell me good news, then you telling me what to do when I didn't even have to answer the phone for you? Yeah nawl, that's dead.

"Um, your tone. Correct it and try that shit again," I told him, picking with my nails. He chuckled as I began to grow impatient. He sat silently staring at the black screen.

"I'm not telling you until you turn on your li-"

"Then it can wait until tomorrow, goodnight," I said before reaching to hang up the phone but he told me to wait.

"I wanted to tell you I'm coming to Atlanta in a new weeks," he said.

"Okay?" I frowned. He sucked his teeth.

"Here you go," he said sighing.

"Bye," I hung up the phone and laid down, putting my phone on the night stand.

Trying to get comfortable was a large hassle since I was now wide awake and couldn't even go back to sleep. Sighing, I laid on my back staring at the ceiling wondering why Regina even accepted to live here if she wasn't even gonna be here half of the time.

I don't mind watching my nephew, I love him with his silly self but it's a lot of stuff I could do with the room she's supposed to be sleeping in.

My mind then wondered to what my grandmother had been doing these days since I haven't talked to her since last week. I had been intending to go see her so we could sit around and eat all day like we usually did but never really got around to it or had the time to.

"Ugh, why can't I go to sleep?" I grabbed my phone and ignored the notifications I kept getting from Haji, opening Instagram casually scrolling.

I kept getting text messages from Haji and it was annoying so I went to the convo to put his messages on do not disturb.

Haji: You always be mad for no reason
Why you so mean
Quit doing this to us
You know I love you mamas
Frl quit playing and open my messages
I know yo stubborn ass ain't sleep
Delivered, Read: 12:14

I put his message alerts on DND and got up heading downstairs, to pop some popcorn. I turned on the lights over the sink for some light to see what I was doing and I felt a presence in my kitchen.

Pretending I didn't see whoever it was, I swiftly grabbed a knife and threw it at them as they were fixing to attack me. The knife ended up piercing through their chest and they began choking on their blood, before falling to the ground holding the wound.

"You got the wrong bitch in the wrong house," I said through gritted teeth. I snatched the mask off of his face, not recognizing who it was.

Someone quickly grabbed me from behind and grabbed my neck. I elbowed him as hard as I could and he didn't budge. I did it over and over again and he let me go, quickly I turned around and punched him.

I went to kick him but he caught my foot, twisting it making me wince and fall to the ground. He kicked me in my stomach and grabbed me by my hair, making me stand up. I tried to make him let me go but it didn't work. I didn't stop trying though.

He bent me over the counter and pulled my pants down. I heard his belt unbuckle and it finally clicked in my head what he was about to do. I began sobbing and wondering why this was happening to me.

"Greetings from Brian," the deep voice said before his cold, dry hands traveled into my panties.

I elbowed him and punched he back of my head, making it hit the granite counter top. It hurt but I didn't stop fighting.

"Let me go! Bitch," I screamed at him. He smirked.

"You're a feisty one," he said ripping my panties all the way off.

I then heard a gunshot out of no where. It startled me and blood ran down my side. A stinging sensation came from my stomach and it hurt bad.

The man behind me fell and I held my stomach wound, fixing to collapse myself until someone caught me.

"Kay, Kay baby look at me okay?" I heard a voice but couldn't make out who it was. He kept saying things that I couldn't comprehend and eventually I blacked out.

De'Asia 'Dee' Sage
"I'll just get the black," I told Hoa, the Vietnamese lady who was about to do my nails. From what I know she's very shy and doesn't really talk to people unless necessary since her religion requires her not to talk.

Quiet people make me uncomfortable so I ignored her presence as she done my nails and watched the TV hanging above her head.

"My name is Hoa, what's yours?" She said quietly. She didn't look up from my fingers which told me she was nervous to talk to me. I smiled warmly and introduce myself as well.

"I'm Sarah, it's nice to meet you," I lied. She smiled brightly.

"That's a pretty name," she complimented. I thanked her and we ended up having a full blown conversation until she was finished with my nails.

Hoa and I exchanged numbers and I was on my way to the mall. I was stopped at a red light when a familiar car pulled up beside me. Resisting the urge to look over at them, I kept my eyes focused else where and sighed thinking about the chores I hadn't done at home.

The person beside me started blasting music and rolled the windows down a few moments later, letting all the city know that they were in a nice car listening to what sounded like Gloknine.

"Shit bruh hold up," I heard a familiar voice and couldn't bring myself to look or try to believe that it was who I thought it was. I slowly looked over to see Amir and Glizzy and my heart dropped to my ass. Quickly I looked back down at my lap so they wouldn't notice me.

I looked up and ahead at the light that was taking forever to turn green, tryna' roll my windows up but I couldn't. They were locked and I was having a hell of a time trying to get them unlocked.

Their loud, obnoxious music ceased and I then heard the ringtone of an iPhone. Amir sucked his teeth before answering.

"Hello?... Yeah wassup'?... I'm on Smith's Boulevard, I'm on the way..." I heard him conversate with whoever it was on the other end of the phone.

Glizzy was still out of the car, looking for something he dropped I'm guessing. He eventually gave up on looking and got back into the car.

From the corner of my eye, I seen Amir looking at me as he held his phone a close distance from his face, signaling he had it on speaker.

"Yeah, I'll call you back," he hung up the phone and the music started to blare from the speakers again. From the corner of my eye, I seen he was still looking at me and it was irritating me that I couldn't get my window to roll up.

The light finally turned green and I started driving, not fast but fast enough to make him think I didn't notice him. I gave up trying to let my window up, like 30 seconds ago since they wanted to pretend they were broken.

It was a pretty day outside anyway, so the wind blowing through my hair didn't bother me like it usually did. It's relieving to the soul actually and relaxing for the mind. Well, it was until I noticed Amir behind me, riding my bumper.

I was coming up on another red light so I slowed down a little bit but he didn't. I still stopped making him almost hit my bumper and I shook my head at his attempt to get under my skin.

I then put on my blinker to get into the turning lane, but so did he. From this point forward I knew he was gonna' follow me wherever so I decided to keep on pretending I didn't see him until he decided he really wanted to make a move.

I swiftly grabbed my gun out of the glove compartment, sitting it in my lap. I relaxed back into the seat, taking deep breaths to calm myself down as I pulled into a gas station parking lot.

I parked alongside the exit and sat. I then rolled my windows up and went into deep thought.

I jumped when someone knocked on my window and I seen it was some Mexican dude.

"You can't park he- hello mama," he cheesed an uncomfortable grin.

I ignored him while taking my gun off of safety. I cocked it, aiming it ride for his manhood and when he noticed my actions, he gulped. I smiled at him with the same cheesy grin then winked.

"I was just trying to be friendly," he said before slowly stepping back before turning to run while I sat my gun in my lap, rolling my window back up.

I crunk up my car, making sure to make a lot of noise just because I wanted to and then let the windows down. The sunroof was let back and I let my Makaveli CD play as I put my gun face down in the cup holder and pulled out of the gas station with Amir on my ass.

I grinned at his stupid, light skin ass and began speeding pass the red light, he was following behind me very closely. I seen him smirk from the review mirror and I returned it.

I'm guessing he saw cause he got over and sped up to get beside me. His music blasted over mine and he sang along and pointed at me, as Glizzy sat drinking his drink while on his phone.

Amir has changed shirts since he'd been following me and I had quickly noticed a lot had changed about him. His dreads were longer, he had more tattoos, and had grown facial hair which I was finding very attractive.

Wait a damn minute bitch, what?

I face palmed myself and shook my head as I sped up, passing him causing him to do the same. I turned into the hood and rode around while Amir kept straight.

I sighed of relief as I rode pass all the dudes standing around the streets, wondering if they were ever gonna leave here or just stay here their whole life. I shook my head and continued riding until I got tired and headed towards the tattoo shop.

Today I booked an appointment to get the side of my stomach tatted. It was something I thought was cute which was a little quote that helped me through a lot. Not only that, I'd be putting who said it to me on here too which excited me.

Once I'd made it there, I headed right to the back and sat down so he could get started.

Amir 'Mir' Jefferson
"Aye sis! We out here, come open da door!" I shouted to her from behind the door and I then heard her heavy ass footsteps. She opened the door and immediately hugged me.

I hugged her back before we pulled away, taking each other's appearances and shit.

"I missed you so much Amir, where were you?" She asked me.

"I been around," I partially dodged the question and I smirked as I walked into her house, smelling a familiar smell that I couldn't really put a finger on.

It smelled good as hell whatever the fuck it was.

I walked to the kitchen, looking through the cabinets for something to eat.

"Yo', ion' get no love?" I heard Glizzy teasing her and of course she ignored his dumb ass. I'm guessing he walk into the house cause I heard the door close and lock.

I leaned against the corner of the wall and watched them as I ate on some Oreos I found in the cabinet.

"Damn Sky," he took in her appearance while sticking his hands into his pockets. She dissed him by walking away as he reached in for a hug, which made me almost choke on this Oreo from laughing so hard.

Glizzy glared me and bumped my shoulder as he passed by me sitting at the kitchen island, getting his phone out. Probably to text that bitch he call his girl.

"Hey," Sky snatched the Oreos from me. I jumped back and put my hands up, seeing her face was serious.

Not that a nigga scared of her or nothing, but she got some quick and strong ass hands for somebody so little and I wasn't trynna' get hit again.

"Damn, you acting like I was finna' eat the whole pack," I defended myself. She glared me.

"Those are my roommates, leave them alone," she said harshly before snickering at my reaction I'm guessing. Glizzy mocked her stupid ass laugh and we both started cracking up while she sat at the island pouting.

"Whatever, why are y'all here other than to bully me and my laugh?" She asked. Once we were finished laughing, Glizzy spoke up.

"We needed your help on finding this girl, she's supposedly dead but we both know she isn't and she in hiding somewhere," He explained. She looked at me for confirmation and I nodded, letting her know what he was saying was true.

"Let me go get my computer," she jumped down off of the chair and to her room as I went and sat on the couch in the living room.

I glanced at all the pictures in picture frames around the room, not really putting much thought into them. Glizzy picked up one and stared at it.

"Nigga what the fuck is you doing? Witchcraft?" I asked him, chuckling to myself.

"Nah bruh look, don't she look familiar?" He passed me the picture and I looked at it realizing something.

"This that girl from earlier, in the black charger. Remember?" I said to him and his mouth formed an 'Oh' as if he were remembering now.

"I'm back, now what's her name?" Sky asked as she sat down, opening her laptop.

"De'Asia Arielle Sage," Glizzy and I spoke at once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
18.2K 793 39
(Final Edits underway. Chapters and some of the story will be changing!) Emma Walker was the new girl in a small town. She was shy, small, and had n...
261K 5.5K 30
Hayley Matthews is one of those girls who keeps herself to herself and she has quite the normal life for a 17 year old girl. She has good grades, two...
672 29 22
"Why does he have such an effect on me? I don't know him" Stacy Harris is the new girl at Walker J. High School. She meets a boy named Jason who has...