A Lycan Fit For A Luna

By madisonrae19

Phoebe Johnson is the daughter of the Moon Goddess Artemis, and has a human father. Living on Earth as a Demi... More

Introduction and Cast
Prologue #1: The Beginning
Prolouge #2: The First Materialisation
Prologue #3: The History Lesson
Chapter 1: My Dad's Final Decision
Chapter 2: Waving Goodbye
Chapter 3: Lupine Peak
Chapter 4: The Furry Boyfriend
Chapter 5: The New School
Chapter 6: Making Friends
Chapter 7: The Royal Bitch
Chapter 8: The Mating and Alpha
Chapter 9: The First Encounter
Chapter 10: The Disgraceful A-Hole
Chapter 11: The Rambunctious Playboy
Chapter 12: The First Attack
Chapter 13: The Lycan Invite
Chapter 14: The Owner of the Palace
Chapter 15 - The First Shift
Chapter 17 - A Heated Moment with a Baby Lover
Chapter 18 - The Beginning of a Realisation and Visitors in the Wood
Chapter 19 - My Prince in Shining... Lycan?
Chapter 20 - My Very Own Delicious Personal Trainer
Chapter 21 - A Workout, a Party, a Kiss
Chapter 22 - A Visitor from the Palace
Chapter 23 - A Threat that Requires a Bodyguard
Chapter 24 - Talks that Destroy the Soul
Chapter 25 - The Attack
Chapter 26 - Fighting for Family
Chapter 27 - A Helping Hand and a Declaration
Chapter 28 - Intoxicating Feelings and Kisses
Chapter 29 - His Erasthai
Chapter 30 - Goodbye's
Chapter 31 - The Unwilling Owner of My Heart
Chapter 32 - The Last Day
Chapter 33 - Stuck Between Two Pathways
Chapter 34 - Taken
Chapter 35 - The Chosen Pathway
Chapter 36 - Interrogation and a Child
Chapter 37 - Searching for Her
Chapter 38 - The Rescue
Chapter 39 - Awakened to Pain
Chapter 40 - Finding Out the Truth
Chapter 41 - Choosing Each Other
Chapter 42 - Becoming One
Chapter 43 - Transforming Into The Luna
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1 - A Naughty Halloween
Bonus Chapter 2 - Meeting The Parents
Bonus Chapter 3 - Derek Kensington-Wield
MY OTHER BOOKS!

Chapter 16 - The Heart-Warming Surprise

24.3K 827 39
By madisonrae19

Work, work, work, and no play is no fun. It is finally the Easter break, and nothing much has happened with Alex apart from the occasional teasing. There have not been any sightings of rogues since that horrible day, but I know better than to get complacent. They will come back. Alex has been too caught up in servicing Jacinda's every whim and wish to worry about little old me. Not that I want him too of course. If he has not been with Jacinda then he has been helping Brad and I with Tammy, very valiantly I must say. My guess is that he is doing it for some sort of personal gain; he cannot be doing it just to be kind. Anyway, when I have not been helping Tammy adjust to her new way of life, I have been studying and doing coursework, as finals are 'just around the corner', as all of my teachers keep reminding me. Blah, blah, blah. I just want to sleep, is that too much to ask?

Finally, it is Saturday again, and I have a full nine days until school starts again. That is a sizeable amount of time to catch up on sleep and hang out with friends! Well, in between studying, of course. I have been so stressed out and a bit down lately, which is totally out of character for me; I am all sunshine and rainbows, not rain and storm clouds! One of my top five pet hates is pity. When someone pities you, it is as if they have a bit of control over your life; they know what weakens you, what worries you. It is as if their life is much better then your own, which I will not allow to be true. So I throw my negative self into work, or studying in my case, so that people do not know that there is anything wrong with me.

Apart from Tammy. She practically raised me, so she knows when I am not feeling my best. She keeps on pestering me, asking if I am ok, which is ridiculous because she should be worrying about herself. I think she got the message that I do not want to talk when I started locking my door, three days ago. She has a lot going on anyway; a mate to love, a pack to service, and a wolf to tame... She certainly does not need me holding her back.

Glancing at my phone, I cannot believe that the time is only six thirty AM, and I am wide-awake. Why do you hate me sleep? On school days, I am always clinging to the sheets, wishing to wake up later, and on free days, I wake up unbearably early, without a need too! Feeling wide awake already, I decide to get up and put myself to some good use. This past week I have become a bit of a hermit, hiding from everybody. I need some self-love this morning. Running the bath with hot water, I put in some posh body wash and soothing salts to make this bath the most serene thing since the piano was created. Once it is full to the brim and frothing with bubbles, I merge myself in the water and marinate in the substances I swirled into it. I then wash my hair with the fancy looking shampoo and conditioner displayed on top of the marble tiles like ornaments. They look extremely expensive, and as I have come to know make my hair smell heavenly and feel as soft as fine silk.

I plan to stay in the bath until I resemble that of a prune, but fate has other plans as a delicious, seductive smell wafts up my nose. Waffles... Waffles are my elixir; my one true love. If I was not so happy with my slim figure, I might only eat them forever more. Waffles are destined to be mixed in with Nutella, cream and strawberries, for the perfect blend. As my thoughts head down my waffle loving path, my stomach growls angrily at me, like a dog being taunted with a bone. I hop out of the bath, quickly drying my body, taking a minute to admire the softness of my pale skin, before wrapping my hair up in a towel, slipping on some lacy underwear, and then a frilly fuchsia pink robe with matching slippers. I then bound my way along the hall, down the stairs, and along to the kitchen, where I come in contact with Tammy, drizzling Nutella onto the slabs of fatty goodness. The whole time I am singing the waffle song in my head.

"Ah morning Phoebe! I thought that these would wake you up!" Tammy squeals, acting very excitable for eight o'clock in the morning.

"You know how much I love waffles!" I reply, licking my lips.

"And you know how much I love surprises!" Tammy exclaims, before slapping a hand over her mouth.

"Surprise? What surprise?" I ask suspiciously, leaning onto the marble island in the middle of the ginormous kitchen.

"Darn it! I have said too much. I may or may not have arranged a surprise for you, as I have seen how stressed and down you look recently." Tammy explains, smiling nervously.

"What surprise?" I ask.

"You will see at about ten. Waffles are part A of the surprise." Tammy winks.

Oh no, what is she hiding up her sleeve?

***

By the time ten o clock rolls around, I think Tammy is regretting ever setting up this surprise, whatever it may be, as a result of my incessant begging to know what's going on. I don't really like surprises much. I think it all stems from the fact that when I was five, my dad arranged a birthday surprise for me, which included a clown performance. What he didn't know was that I had overheard Tammy and her friends telling each other creepy stories of clowns one night, leading me to believe that they were actually demons in disguise. I cried nonstop the entire show, and bit him when he tried to touch me. He left quite quickly after that.

Anyway, I am quite intrigued about what Tammy has planned. No matter what I say, it is like her lips have been actually tied together, stopping her from telling me the truth. I get dressed and ready for the day, and then take to pacing through the lounge, when, at 10:07, I hear a car pulling up the drive. Is this the surprise? Heading to the bay window, giving me a clear view of the courtyard, I am shocked to see none other then my oldest sister, Bella, pulling up at the mansion. What is she doing here? Ah, Tammy. This must be the surprise!

Giggling in glee I sprint to the front door and fling it open, just in time to see Bella opening the red car door, popping her head out. I haven't seen her since Christmas, and it has been a long four months away without seeing her or my darling niece and nephew, Maria and Marco. I cannot believe that I have lived in Lupine Peak for five weeks now!

"Bella!" I squeal.

"Hi Phoebe! How are you darling?" Bella asks as I barrel into her arms.

"I'm so happy to see you! How are you here?" I ask in confusion.

"Tammy invited us as a surprise!" Bella explains.

"Isn't Valentino here?" I ask, noticing the absence of Bella's exotic husband.

"No, he has a conference in Washington so he wasn't able to come."

"Ah, I see. Aww, look at little Marco and Maria! They're so cute!" I squeal.

"They are adorable." Tammy agrees, emerging from behind us.

"Tammy!" Bella squeals before enveloping her younger sister into a hug.

"This place is incredible!" Bella exclaims, after briefly catching up with Tammy, and looking around in marvel. Me too, sister.

Whilst they catch-up, I walk around to the back car door, eager to see the babies. Maria and Marco's features are identical in every way, apart from their gender of course. They have beautiful chocolate coloured eyes, alight in wonder and inquisitiveness, as they gurgle in the way babies do, Maria 'reading' to herself and Marco drinking from his sippy cup. They inherited their lovely bronze skin from their father's Spanish blood, and a mop of brown curly hair, courtesy of their mother. Maria's baby locks are pulled out of her face with a cute pink bow, and she has on a flowery top with white leggings, and one tiny baby sandal, the other presumably taken off during the journey. Marco is wearing dungarees with a digger top on underneath, and blue trainers. Unstrapping him from his car seat, I pluck Marco out of the chair and settle him on my hip. At one and a half, he can string a few words together, and walk mostly on his own. I love these little ones so much, and my mood feels instantly brighter as a countenance of their presence.

Looking over I hear Ana, Jorden and Vincent come out to greet to my sister. Maria starts crying in her car seat, upset from lack of attention, so Tammy quickly runs round to pick her up, whilst Bella meets the others. I am delighted to find out that Bella is staying for a whopping three days, until Valentino finishes his conference. Ana asks if she can hold Maria, and the look on Jorden's face when he sees Ana cooing at her is enough to make me believe they may be very busy this evening making one of their own. I myself have always wanted a big family... I have got my whole life planned out, but I need a decent guy to set the plan into action.

"Oh, morning all. I was just out on my morning run." Jacinda explains as she enters the living room where we are all sat, fussing over the babes.

How can someone still look so sexy, when sweaty? I'm sure I look hot after I work out, but I'm not sure if my sex appeal is all that strong. Damn Jacinda. Does she have no physical flaws?

"Hi, I'm Bella." Bella introduces herself as she makes her way towards Jacinda.

Jacinda shakes her hand before ridiculously smelling the air around her, as if she could smell something bad. Glancing over at the babies, her expressions morphs into that of realisation.

"Oh! You're a mum! I was wondering what that stench of baby barf in the air is." Jacinda laughs, as if what she said was even the slightest bit funny. Bella blushes in embarrassment.

"Don't speak to her like that!" I snap, incredibly pissed off with her rotten attitude.

Jacinda looks like she might attack me for raising my voice at her, before she regains her composure and gives me a sickly sweet smile and exaggeratedly apologises to Bella. She then stalks her way towards the babies, like a monster to its prey.

"Aren't they... cute." She purrs, before bending down to Maria's level, who is currently sitting on Jorden's lap.

She reaches out to touch Maria, but I growl, warning her to not even think about it. Everyone looks at me in surprise, and I just cough, trying to cover my mistake.

Saving me from a hoard of awkward questions, Alex then enters the room, turning everyone's attention to him.

"Jacinda stop terrorising the children. And take a shower. You stink." Are his first words to the room.

Jacinda blushes, and I hold back from laughing out loud, but Vincent isn't so guarded in his actions and laughs in Jacinda's face, making her scowl at him. She storms out the room, clearly upset, bot nobody makes a move to comfort her. Not even lovely Ana. Alex introduces himself to my eldest sister, kissing her hand in a tempt to charm her, but Bella being ever the sensible and straight laced one – needless to say happily married as well - doesn't even blink an eye, immune to his flirtatious persona. Alex then glances at the babies, one in my lap, and one in Jorden's, looking curious about them, as if he had never seen a baby before. His eyes connect with mine, but I refuse to fall too deep into that intoxicating blue ocean, knowing that nothing good will come out of it. I know what he is doing. Giving me tastes and glimpses of him, trying to pull me in like a fish out of water. Like he said, he will not touch me until I ask him to, and as I shall never ask him for anything, there is no point on dwelling on his pestilent existence in my life.

"Would you like a tour of the house Bella?" Ana asks her cheerfully.

"That would be great, but what about the kids?"

"I'll look after them!" I chirp.

"Are you sure Phoebs?"

"Yes of course!" I reply, excited to have the scrummy toddlers all to myself.

Whilst Tammy, Ana and Bella go on a tour of the house, Vincent and Jorden go on patrol and Alex does what ever he spends his precious time doing, I walk the twins outside to play with them in the sun. They move like their knees are just hinges, wobbling to and fro before falling on their padded bottoms. Squealing with delight, Marco is determined to get to the swimming pool, but I diligently keep spinning him around, distracting him from that dangerous body of water. Maria refuses to walk and crawls across the grass, trying to eat the natural flowers growing there. She falls onto her back after trying to stand up, and I brace myself for her unwearying screams, but instead she claps like it was all part of the plan, and rolls on to her stomach to get up again. She is just so adorable. I think I want a baby immediately now! I grab the troublesome Marco again, tickling him as he gives me a smile joyful enough to light up a whole town. Maria calls out for me, calling me 'wee-be' waving her arms out for the pickup she knows is coming, but before I can hoist her up onto my hip, she is on her bottom again, hitting her head on the ground.

This time there are no wide, innocence smiles or mischievous giggles, and instead her chin trembles and her eyes turn glassy before she is crying, craving the comfort of a motherly touch. I hurry towards her before gathering her up into my arms, holding her small body shaking with sobs close. I jig her up and down, trying to calm her, all the while making sure that Marco is away from that damn pool. As if sensing that his twin is upset, he turns towards us, wobbling closer saying 'oh dear' over and over again.

Feeling pretty stressed with one crying little one, and another anxious one clinging onto my leg, I debate calling in for help when the back door opens and Alex makes his way unsurely towards us. I roll my eyes and turn my back to him, convinced that he is here to make fun of my weak baby skills.

"Need any help?" He asks, his hands deep in his sweatpants pockets.

"If you can calm little Maria down." I sneer at him.

"Ok, I will try." He shrugs, turning to face me.

"Do you even know how to hold a baby?" I ask sceptically.

"I guess we'll see." He says cockily, plucking her out of my tight grip.

I am pleasantly surprised when I see him holding her properly; firmly yet gently, and rubs her back, snuggling her close to his chest. Rocking back and forth, my mouth hangs agape as Maria's cry's turn into whimpers, before she becomes transfixed with his fingers, trying to bite on them. He keeps rocking her back and forth, before he places her delicately on her feet, where she stands and stares at him like he is something alien. He smiles at her, to which Maria giggles at, and then launches her slimy hands around his legs, clinging onto him whilst giggling profusely.

This whole act warms my heart. There is something magnificent in the way such a powerful and potentially deadly man will let himself be run over by a baby, calming it down. They are right, a man holding a baby is one of the most attractive things you can witness. Who knew Alex actually likes children? I guess that there is a lot of things about him which I do not know. No matter how hard I try to squash the thought in my head, I cannot help but want to know what else there is to discover about Alex. Maybe he isn't 100% a jerk after all.

At this moment in time I do not know that we have an audience in the forms of Ana, Bella and Tammy, all agreeing how we would make a beautiful couple, and a sulking Jacinda, jealous of the attention my family and I are receiving from 'her' Alex. Bring it on.

Hi sorry for the late update! Hope you enjoyed it! Please consider voting and commenting if you enjoyed it!!

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
29.2K 477 11
She's human. He's a Lycan. She's Dating his son. she's his mate. He's a king. what happens when a father's son brings his human girlfriend home. What...
233K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
15.9M 219K 23
{ This book is now published on Amazon } It use to be a rare thing. Seeing a female werewolf. It was almost like their were no such thing. But now fe...