Both Sides of a Coin: My Hero...

By Xuatiel

In a world where 80% of the population currently have supernatural abilities, there is sure to be a few who s... More

Part 2

Part 1

506 13 16
By Xuatiel

Shopkeeper: "You sure do come by here a lot, can no one can cook in your house?"

The shopkeeper asked, his hand outstretched to hand the customer his change.

Y/N: "Haha, it would seem I do! Though I can cook I barely have any time to."

Replied a young boy no older than thirteen, taking the change he was owed and a plastic bag containing tonight's meal and a few other items.

The shop's bell ringed as he left the store, bag in hand and a small smile on his face. Above him, a blue figure jumped through the sky like a bird, moving from building to building at an incredible pace.

-----------------------------------------------------------
After a quiet walk back home Y/N opened the door to his home and stepped inside.

Y/N's dad: "Hey son, how was your trip to the store. Sorry I couldn't make dinner again."

His father got up from his creaky chair and stood up slowly. He was fairly old and wore a dirtied t-shirt and dark jogging bottoms. His face had stubble around his mouth due to him not washing properly. In his had was an empty can of energy drink that he placed in the almost full bin near the wall that connected to the kitchen.

Y/N: "It's fine dad, just try to clean up the best you can. It's hard to find time to clean with all the jobs I'm doing so it would be helpful if I had less to clean."

Y/N reached into the plastic bag and pulled out a can of the same energy drink that was just thrown in the bin and placed it on the armrest of the chair. Moving past his dad he walked into the kitchen and pulled the two ready meals from the bag and opened them.

Y/N's dad: "Aha, sorry. I forget sometimes don't I? Anyway Y/N, could you do another favour for me?"

Y/N: "...I suppose so, what is it?"

Y/N's dad: "I have this message that I need to be sent to one of my old friend's houses. We're supposed to be meeting each other in a couple of days and I am a complete tart when it comes to your gadgets."

Y/N began to chuckle lightly and smiled at his father; walking towards him and taking the note, patting him on the shoulder.

Y/N: "I'll be back in a bit then. Don't eat everything yourself."

Y/N's dad: "Hahaha, I'll try."

His father waved him off and closed the door for him as he left. Looking down at the note he saw an address written at the top and pulled out his phone to get directions.

Y/N: "Thank God it's not that far away."

-----------------------------------------------------------

After a quick stroll through the city of Musutafu Y/N had arrived at where he was supposed to hand the note in. In front of him was an apartment building at least four stories tall. There was a set of power lines in the view of where he was looking, partially blocking the balconies that spread across each floor.

Y/N stepped inside the building and went passed each door until he found the door matching the one written on his note. The doorbell made a ringing sound as he pressed it which caused it to be opened by someone.

There in front of him stood a woman around the same age as his dad. She had very dark green hair that looked brown in the current light, her eyes had the exact colour as her hair. She kept the door closed slightly but she was still in clear viewing.

Inko Midoriya: "Hello, who might you be?"

She kept a keen eye on him, not sure who this H/L H/C boy was at her door. Was he a friend of her son or was he not?

Y/N: "Hello. I'm Y/N L/N, the son of F/N L/N. I am supposed to give you this letter."

Her eyes lit up a little, with a smile she opened the door fully.

Inko Midoriya: "You're Y/N? I knew F/N had a son but I didn't know you'd be this old already! Come on inside, let me make you some tea!"

She moved to the side and let him enter her home. Y/N was greeted with a hallway with two doors on either side and a door at the end of the hallway, Inko closed the door behind him and moved past to open the door from the hallway to the main living room. The main area was pretty much as you'd expect from an apartment, there was a dining table in the middle of the room with a sofa to the left of it. A TV was placed on the wall so you could see it perfectly from the sofa.

Y/N took a seat on the sofa and looked out of the window that led to the balcony. Inko walked to the kitchen which was near the dining table and began to brew some tea.

Y/N: "So you knew my dad?"

Inko Midoriya: "It was a long time ago. My and my husband met him through a few connections when your father was still fighting crime. The three of us used to be good friends but ever since the accident we haven't talked to him at all."

Y/N: "I-I see..."

Inko walked over to him and placed his cup of tea down on the coffee table in front of him. She sat down and began to sip her cup lightly.

Out from behind the door to the corridor the sound of creaking could be heard before the door was opened to reveal a green haired boy with a nervous look on his face.

Izuku Midoriya: "Hey Mom, who's he?"

Inko Midoriya: "This is Y/N L/N, the son of F/N L/N."

All of a sudden the boy's eyes lit up with a flare of determination. He ran into his room and came back with a notepad that had a visible #12 on the front.

Izuku Midoriya: "You mean Professor Radiance?!"

Izuku began to mumble to himself and write down a few things on the notebook.

Inko Midoriya: "Say Y/N, why don't you go and talk with Izuku for a while?"

Y/N finished his drink and looked at his phone. Seeing that he still had time left he nodded his head and stood up, following Izuku into his room.

Izuku Midoriya: "So you're the son of Professor Radiance? Does that mean you have his powers?"

Izuku sat on his knees at the end of his bed with Y/N near his pillows. He had this excited smile on his face and look in his eyes that made Y/N a little nervous.

Y/N: "N-no, I...i'm quirkless."

The boy's face lowered as those words left Y/N's lips, his back slumped back a little as remembering bits of his past that he didn't want to remember this moment. Y/N noticed how Izuku was acting and coached to help lighten the mood.

Y/N: "But it doesn't bother me much as I don't believe you need a quirk to survive in this world!"

Izuku's eyes lit up a little at Y/N's enthusiasm; something he had always felt he was missing. Now that he knew a little more about the boy who'd entered his room he began to tell Y/N about himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The alleyway was dark despite it being an orange colour outside, likely due to the closeness of the two buildings on either side. The smell of old trash drifting through the air and eventually hitting the nose of a black-haired gentleman in a suit who happened to be walking up this particular passageway. He had a briefcase in his hand and a jittery look on his face.

Suited Man: "Why today...why today...if I can just get it by the end of this week everything will be fine..."

The man's nervous rambling caught the attention of a figure who rested against a wall next to him. The figure was indistinguishable in the darkness, only being partially revealed by the flickering lamp that was hung above one of the back doors near them. The figure stepped into the light where the suited man was and revealed themselves.

The figure was a man in his late 20s with a slim yet sturdy figure. On his head was ducktail hair that was a jet black colour with a single blood-red streak dyed into it. He wore an unzipped leather jacket with a white henley shirt underneath. On his legs were dark blue coloured raw denim jeans and covering his feet were a pair of black derby shoes.

The man grabbed the suited one by the neck and moved him towards the wall of the alley between two bins. He had a sickening smirk on his face and a glint of desperation in his eye.

Shady man: "Say, what's in the briefcase? Anything worthwhile?"

The suited man sucked in air between his teeth as he struggled to breath. Using whatever strength he had left in his arm he threw the suitcase to the other end of the alleyway. The shady man growled and dropped the suited man to the ground before running over and picking up the suitcase.

Suited man: "Y-your Lucas aren't you?! Lucas Krow?!"

Lucas clicked the lock of the suitcase in and opened it, sheets of paper falling to the ground. He began to desperately search through the sheets in search of something, his dirty hands grabbing at different bits of paper. After looking through every bit he looked up and stared at the suited man, his eyes twitching a little.

Lucas Krow: "You don't have it? You don't have it? Why don't you have it? You're supposed to have it!"

Lucas began to scratch his neck with his nails, causing graze mark to appear. He pulled a small razor from his pocket and began to cut the skin of his arm. A look of relief rushed to his face as he sighed.

Lucas Krow: "Where is the document Satou? If you tell me where it is I can leave you alone."

Blood began to trickle down Lucas' arm where he had cut it, causing a frightened look on the face of Satou. He picked himself up from the ground and tried his best to stand composed.

Satou: "I already told the boss that I'd get it by the end of the week! I don't know where it is!"

Lucas Krow: "You don't know...why don't you know? You should know! You should know! You should know!"

A few moments after that the only thing that could be heard from inside the alleyway was the mangled screams of what once was a man.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Y/N left Inko and Izuku Midoriya's house, waving goodbye to the two as he left. With steady feet, he walked down the stairs and out of the apartment building.

Y/N: 'What a long conversation that turned out to be. I hope I'm not late for dinner.'

It was now almost dusk as the sun began to set down for the night. Y/N walked down the street and stopped for a second as he smelt a gruesomely putrid stench coming from a passageway he had just passed.

Y/N: 'What on Earth happened in there? Could someone be in danger?'

He continued to think for a moment before taking a step inside the back alley. The smell filling his nose, even more, causing him to pinch it in hopes that it would nullify it.

Y/N: "Hello? Is anyone here hurt? Do you need help?"

At the end of the alley was Lucas Krow with a knife in hand, standing under the lamp from before. The knife was dripping a red liquid that could not be fully described in the light.

Lucas Krow: "Yes, I need help... I'm looking for something- a document. It's very important so if you know anything about it please..do tell."

Y/N thought for a moment, recalling anything about a document in the past. He was honestly extremely nervous about what this man was talking about, everything about him seemed off.

Y/N: "I don't recall anything about a document. Since I don't know I'm just going to take my leave and get out of here."

Y/N was about to dash out of the alley but Krow ran up to him before he could even have his feet and plunge his knife into Y/N's very lower left abdomen. A sound was made that would terrify a person at just the thought, the sound of your own skin being pierced.

Krow: "Why does no one know?! It so frustrating, frustrating, frustrating!"

Krow pulled the knife out as Y/N pulled to the ground. With a sigh, he turned towards the bins and opened the lid, the stench from earlier being multiplied as the body of the suited man laid, crumpled in the bin.

Y/N: 'Am I...am I going to die..."

Y/N's vision began to fade, a loud ringing deafening out his vision. With whatever strength he had left he raised his right arm to the lamp that flickered slightly above him

Y/N: 'The light it's so bright...it... reminds me of...dad'

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark night with my stars in the sky, Y/N and his father was at the beach so he could show Y/N something. Y/N was sitting on a towel with his head to his knees whilst drinking some juice from a straw, a small smile placed across his face.

His dad was standing in from of him with a torch in hand. He was a lot skinnier then he is now, in fact, he was rather good looking for his age.

Y/N's dad: "Make sure you're watching this Y/N! I'm going to show you something amazing!"

He turned the torch on and turned it up to the sky. With his free hand, he covered the torch and when he moved it off the torch was now producing no light. What surprised Y/N the most, however, was that the hand that his dad had used to cover the torch was now glowing.

Y/N's dad: "That isn't all, watch this."

He dropped the torch and clasped his hands together for a few seconds before separating them. Between his hands was now a sword made entirely of glowing light. He swung it in his hand with ease.

Y/N'd dad: "Y/N throw me the bottle your drinking from!"

His father had an enthusiastic face that his son just couldn't say no to. He finished his drink and threw to bottle to his dad the best he could with his developing arms. As the bottle got close his father swung his sword and cut the bottle in half.

Y/N: "Uwahh! So cool!"

Y/N's dad: "Hehe, isn't your father just the best?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

While remembering a memory he was so fond of he failed to notice the fact that the light from the lamp above him had gone out and that his outstretched hand was now glowing slightly.

Y/N: 'I can't just give up... I need to make sure that dad doesn't eat my dinner...'

He slowly got up from the ground, clasping his hands together for a few seconds and imagining the sword from his memories in his head. When he opened his hands the sword he had thought about was there in his hand.

Krow turned to look at him and began to laugh maniacally, slamming the lid of the bin shut and gaining a sadistic smile.

Krow: "He's got a sword! He's got a sword! What a surprise!"

Y/N dashed towards Krow with his sword ready to be swung. His lower abdomen was still bleeding a lot but he could not feel it right now due to an extreme amount of adrenaline rushing through his body.

Krow spun his knife in his hand so that the blade was extending out of the bottom of his hand.

Krow: "This will be simple. Simple, simple, simple!"

The two got close to each other with Y/N swinging the sword as hard as he could. Krow went to use his knife to block but it was cut in half by the sword as it continued to go down and cut into his knee.

Krow began to laugh as his leg began to bleed. A large smile grew on his face with his eyes looking completely calm.

Krow: "Wow, you actually hit me; good job. Unfortunately, this is where you die."

Krow went to elbow Y/N in the back but was cut off by a bullet being shot into the top of his shoulder which caused his arm to drop limp. Sirens began to wail from both sides of the alleyway as their blue light lit it up.

Y/N fell to the floor after finally passing out, his sword disappearing in a flash of light. His final thoughts were of eating dinner with his dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The constant beeps of a hospital monitor were the first things Y/N heard as he woke up from slumber. As his eyes adjusted to his surroundings he saw his father sitting in a chair beside his bed sleeping.

Y/N: "W-what happened? Where am I?"

His father began to stir awake moving his body a little as his body began to start up.

Y/N's dad: "...huh, Y/N...Y/N! You're awake!"

His father jumped and hugged him, making sure to not touch his stab wound.

Y/N's dad: "I'm so happy to speak to you again. The police told me everything that happened."

Y/N looked at his had as his father spoke and remembered how it glowed.

Y/N: "Dad, I might have a quirk after all..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

An: So this is it, the first chapter of a new book. It feels like ages since I've started a book and even longer since I've been this motivated to write more! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as I've spent a lot of time writing it!

Please look forward to the next chapter!

~Xuatiel~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
123K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
276K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...