Kiss My Royal Ass (Royal Pain...

By PunkRockPenguin

Juliet is back! This time she is still struggling to fit into the British elite upper class. There will be... More

Kiss My Royal Ass (Royal Pain in the Ass Sequel)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note!
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author Note
Chapter 40
Author Note
Epilogue

Chapter 20

26.7K 546 62
By PunkRockPenguin

Holy crap, two updates in one week? I am spoiling you! I hope you guys enjoy it. Not edited yet. Much love <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 20

Xavier was sitting next to me across from my grandparents.

"We're so relieved you're alright," Giovanni smiled as he reached over and grasped one of my hands.

"Yes, your grandfather and I spared no expense." Farrah added. "We were so worried. We'd only just found you and here we were afraid you were gone from our lives again."

I nodded. "Yeah, needless to say, it wasn't pleasant." I bit out. "I'm just glad to be back again."

Xavier placed his hand on my thigh under the table. "Juliet has some questions for you." Xavier offered.

"What is it, my dear?" Gionvanni asked.

He looked sincere enough, but part of me didn't fully trust them. I figured I'd start at the beginning. "Farrah, when we met up in Paris, you were asking me about Chase. I want to know why."

Farrah looked taken aback and Giovanni's face held surprise. "Farrah, you didn't!"

"I want to know why. And I want to know why you told her not to tell me about it."

"I used to financially support Senator Evans, as I'm sure you know." Giovanni started. "I supported him for two reasons, one was simply business, but the other had a great deal to do with you. While you were dating Chase, it was a way to know more about you. Senator Evans kept us updated on how you and your mother were doing. Something I valued very highly. Once his son harmed you, that funding abruptly stopped. That son of a bitch shot you. I won't support his father and his corrupt political campaign." Giovanni spat. "I told Farrah to let it go because I assumed it would upset you."

"Fair enough. Farrah?"

"Well, I know sometimes girls exaggerate things." Farrah started. I raised an eyebrow now feeling annoyed and angry. "I just wanted to know what he really did."

"Why?"

"I only have part of the picture. I want to know what happened."

"It doesn't matter. I have no intention of talking about it. Have I made myself clear?" I growled. Giovanni I believed. There was something Farrah wasn't telling me and it was pissing me off.

Xavier wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Are you alright?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded.
"Juliet, why do you think I was asking?"

I stared into her eyes. "Farrah, point blank, I want to trust you, but I don't."

She looked taken aback. "Why wouldn't you?"

"I get that you made a mistake with Mom, but something isn't adding up here."

"Giovanni, Farrah, excuse us for just a moment." Xavier cut in as he grabbed my hand and led me away. "Juliet, while I agree with you, don't make any accusations."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, I'm not. Listen to me," Xavier waited until I was staring into his eyes to continue. "If they do have answers, you don't want to scare them away."

"What's your gut telling you?"

"I respect Giovanni. I think he's been nothing but honest. I trust him."

"And Farrah?"

"I'm researching."

"So you feel the same way I do about it?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Let's go back in there." Xavier placed his arm around my waist and led me back in. "Sorry about that. Honestly, Farrah, my emotions are in a spin. I can tell you this much, Chase is a fucking psycho. He would have killed me if he had the chance. He did kill my baby. Let's just say it's a touchy subject,"

"Baby?" Farrah gasped. "What do you mean baby?"

I froze when I realized what I'd said. Outside of my father and Amanda, only Xavier and I knew about the child we'd lost. Xavier pulled me against him and suddenly all I wanted to do was cry again.

"Shhh, relax now, love." Xavier soothed. "When Juliet fell down the stairs she had a miscarriage." Xavier offered as an explanation. "Maybe now you understand part of why she's so emotional." Xavier held me for a long while before leading me back over to a chair. His eyes bore into mine. "Are you okay? Do you need to rest a while?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm fine."

"Okay," Xavier rested his hand on my leg and was running it up and down my leg. "If you need to stop, just say the word."

I nodded before swallowing the lump in my throat. "Xavier is right. Still Chase is insane and I'm scared. He's fucking psycho and I don't know where he is, only what he wants."

"Which is?" Giovanni asked.

"I'm part of it, but he wants his own warped sense of reality to be the truth. It's something he's willing to kill for. Chase is dangerous and his daddy doesn't help things."

"What can I do to help?" Giovanni asked. I could see the anger in his eyes. His voice was calm, but his body language said otherwise. "I will help you hunt the bastard down. What do you need?"

"Perhaps that's something better discussed man to man." Xavier replied. "Juliet, maybe you should get some rest. Farrah, would you help Juliet to her room?"

I knew Xavier wouldn't discuss this in front of me and he was trying to get rid of Farrah. "You're probably right, babe,"

Farrah and I went off to the library and I chose the chaise lounge, Farrah chose a wingback chair and pulled it over. "Juliet," she began, her voice unsure. "I hope you know I love you. I hope you know I love you very much."

I nodded.

"Juliet, I've lost your mother, my daughter, and we can never get her back. Please, the last thing I want is to lose you too."

"I know, Farrah."

"I feel like I already have."

I shook my head. "I'm really confused right now. I don't know what to think."

"What can I do?"

I shook my head again. "I don't know."

"Juliet, I hope you know I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. I want to help you if I can."

"I know , Farrah. I don't know what to tell you. I'm just really tired right now. Why don't we go grab dinner tonight?"

"I'd like that."

"Okay, I'll talk to Xavier. He'll get everything arranged. Have you ever met my father in person?"

Farrah shook her head. "Gio has, I haven't."

"Maybe he has some time tonight too, and he can come along too."

"That would be nice." Farrah gave me a tight smile.

"Farrah, just know it's not you I don't trust. It's everyone."

Farrah nodded. "I know child. You are your mother's daughter. Once you've been burned, you exercise caution. I can't blame you there."

"Make yourself at home. I'm gonna go take a nap. If you run across Xavier, please tell him I'm in my room."

"Of course, child. You've been through a lot. Go get some rest."

"Yeah, oh, and by the way, people don't know I'm back. The goal is to keep it that way. Please keep this hush hush."

"I understand."

I left her there and went up to my room. I was exhausted, which was stupid. I really hadn't done anything today. I curled up in bed and figured Xavier would come check on me soon anyway. I dozed off and woke to a gentle set of lips on my forehead. I looked up to see my favorite person.

"Hey babe," I smiled.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just tired."

"What did you and Farrah end up talking about?"

I shook my head. "Nothing really. I invited her to dinner. Can we go somewhere? Or do we need to stay here."

"Let's stay here. It's safer."

"What are you thinking, babe?"

"I don't think Giovanni has anything to do with this."

"And Farrah?"

"I think she's in denial."

"About what exactly?"

"I think she may have given someone dangerous information. Her intentions are good from what I've seen. She wants to be in your life more than anything else. You're her only remaining link to her daughter. She's a woman who regrets what she's done."

"Can I trust her?"

Xavier nodded. "Her intent isn't to harm you. Be yourself. I'll take care of the rest."

"Thanks, babe. How do you do this?"

"What?"

"Keep it all together all the time?"

Xavier laughed and shook his head. "Is that what you think? That I always have it all together?"

"Yes."

"Trust me, I am not always in control. I just do my best to look like it in front of you." Xavier kissed my forehead. "Get some rest." Xavier left me there to drift back to sleep. I woke up to Laurel gentle shaking me away.

"Juliet, dinner is almost ready. You should get up and get changed. Come on, I'll help you." Laurell smiled.

"Thanks Laurell. I'll go wash my face."

I was surprised by how many people were at dinner. Millie, Dad, Angelica, my grandparents, and a few other people I didn't recognize.

Xavier pulled my chair out for me as he started introductions. "Juliet, these are a few friends of mine who are helping me. "This is Marcus," he indicated a tall, lean man who looked about ten years older than us. He had black hair that was greying around his ears and intelligent black eyes that glittered. Something about the man seemed dangerous, like contained violence. He intimidated me immediately. "That is Mike." Xavier indicated a man who was a little soft around the middle, and maybe fifteen years older than us. He gave off the calm and confident air of a man who knew who he was and what he was worth and didn't feel a need to prove anything to anyone. "And that is Jessica." He indicated a beautiful woman who had long blonde hair that had been styled into perfect waves and had expert makeup that outlined her beautiful green eyes. "Everyone, this is Juliet,"

"Nice to meet you. How did you all meet?" I asked as I felt everyone's eyes lock on me.

"We all simply have a common interest." Xavier offered. "Are you feeling better, darling?"

I noticed the abrupt change of subject but decided to ask Xavier about it later. "Yes, I guess I just needed some more sleep."

Dinner was served and I conversed mostly with James, Angelica, and my grandparents while Xavier discussed something in hushed tones with his friends. I did my best to ignore it and keep the conversation light. On nights like this I could almost pretend none of this ever happened.

"I'm so glad you're feeling better." Farrah smiled.

"Me too."

"I know you need some time before you can go anywhere, but I hope you'll consider staying with Gio and I again sometime."

"Absolutely." I nodded. "Hey, how's Chiara and Luca doing?"

"Chiara has been a wreck since she saw you get taken. She was the one who called us first."

I nodded. "Is she doing any better?"

"Paola called me yesterday and said she still is hardly eating or sleeping. The poor dear."

"How's Luca?"

"He hasn't been home much. He seemed to have something pressing to do." Farrah answered between bites.

"Gotcha."

"Is there a point to this?" Millie drawled.

"Just catching up with family Millie." I offered with a fake smile. "What would you like to talk about?"

"I'm afraid I seem to have lost my appetite." Millie snipped. "James, when you're finished, would you join me in your study?"

"Certainly, dear. I'll be there shortly." James smiled as he pat her hand and she excused herself.

"Dad, why is Mum so temperamental about Juliet?" Angelica asked.

I looked to James to explain. I certainly wasn't going to explain that I was basically the result of an affair. While I didn't agree with her attitude towards me, I could understand her hatred and contempt she held for me.

"That is more my fault than anyone else's. Before your mother and I were married, well let's just say I didn't always make the most responsible choices." James sighed. "Your mother is still upset with me. Don't worry yourself with it, dear." James shifted his attention to me. "Juliet, is there anything you need?"

I shook my head. "No, thanks Dad. How's everything going with work?"

"Now that you're home and I can think again, much better."

"Hey, we got a call that you collapsed. What as that all about?"

"Ah, yes, well apparently I had a mild heart condition. Nothing to worry about. Now that we know about it, we can keep it under control."

"Good, I was worried."

"When are you going to be allowed out again?" Angelica asked, looking excited.

"It'll be a little while."

Xavier stood abruptly. "If you'll excuse us." I watched as Xavier and his friends left the room.

I looked back at Dad and saw him exchange a look with Xavier. "I should probably go check on Millie." Dad offered as he excused himself as well.

"Does anyone else feel left out?" I asked as I watched them go.

"I'm used to this sort of stuff." Angelica shrugged. "Whenever he and Mum have something going on that they don't want me to know about they act like this. That or they send me off somewhere."

"Juliet, it's getting late. We're going to go to bed. Maybe you should consider doing the same." Farrah offered. "It was good seeing you again, Angelica." Farrah smiled as she and Giovanni left.

I turned to Angelica. "So, what's been going on with you?"

"Nothing special, just my studies mostly." Angelica shrugged. "Daddy won't let me do a lot of the things I normally would. It seems like I can't go anywhere without either him or Mum going too. I've been riding a lot. It's seems about the only thing they trust me to do alone."

"Sorry girl." I shrugged. "Maybe they'll let us go do something together. Just the two of us."

"Not likely. If I'm on restriction, I can only imagine what you're going through."

"Yeah, I'm not really allowed off the grounds." I chuckled.

"Aren't you curious what Xavier is talking to his little friends about?" Angelica chided.

"Yes, it's driving me nuts."

"Go find him." Angelica smiled. "Don't ever let that guy go. He was so desperate to find you. Nothing was going to stop him."

"Thanks. Once all this crap is taken care of, we're going to go do something fun."

"Sounds great."

I went off to find Xavier. I went to the library and found him huddled with Marcus, Mike, and Jessica. "Hey babe," I announced myself. "What's going on?"

Four sets of eyes shifted to me. "Juliet, it's getting late. Don't you think you should get some rest?"

"I slept most of the afternoon. I'm good."I replied as I walked over to them. "What are we looking at?"

Xavier's arm went around my waist and he led me back to the door. "Juliet, it's probably best if you don't hear this."

My eyes narrowed. "And why the hell not?" Xavier tried leading me farther into the hallway, but I dug my heels in. "What the hell is going on?" I snapped.

"Juliet, remember how I wasn't able to tell you everything for your own protection?"

"Yeah, and that worked out so well."

Xavier ran his hand through his hair. "Listen, Juliet, if you know everything now, it will not only put your life at risk, it also risks the chance of us catching all of the perpetrators. I know you want justice, you aren't the only one those bastards took something from. I will not rest until I know that you are safe and that they have been dealt with." Xavier placed his hands on my shoulders and his gaze burned right into mine. "Juliet, you have no idea what it was like while you were gone. That was hell for me. I will not stand idle. Not when I can do something about it. I can do something here. Juliet, I know you want to know. I just ask you trust me until this is over."

I shook my head. "It's not I don't trust you, Xavier. You're about the only one I do trust completely. Shouldn't I know what's going on? It does involve me. In case you haven't noticed, you're not in this alone."

Xavier pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around my waist and his face was buried in my hair. "I can't lose you."

"How would you lose me? What's going down?"

Xavier held me at arm's length again. "Juliet, there are people who see you as an easy target. As your advisor, it's my job to predict their motives and what their next move is. As the man who loves you, it's my job to protect you. Trust me, I will keep you safe. That is precisely why I have cashed in several favors I am owed. Those people in there are experts in their respective fields. They are the best. That's why I've called upon them. I will not let any more harm come to you."

"Xavier, you don't blame yourself for what happened, do you?"

"Of course, it's my fault."

"Hold it right there! It is not your fault. It's Chase and Ethan's fault. You were trying to protect me in your own way. You weren't the one who drugged and kidnapped me. You weren't the one who held me hostage or let me fall down the stairs. It wasn't your fault, babe. Don't you blame yourself." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. When I pulled back I was out of breath and wanted nothing more than to kiss all of the hurt away from his eyes. I shook my head. "It's not your fault."

Xavier's hands rested on my waist and he rested his forehead against mine. "It is. I failed you."

"You got me back."

"Come on, we can finish this discussion later. I need to get back. Let me walk you to your room."

I shook my head. "Let's go to your room."

"Why mine?"

"It smells like you." I admitted as I felt the blush creep up my cheeks. "I feel safer."

The next moment I was scooped up in Xavier's arm. "Well then, if that's what my lady wants, it is what she'll get." Xavier carried me to his bed. "I'll be in shortly. I just need to get everyone on the same page."

"Go play hero." I smiled up at him as he leaned down to kiss me. "I love you,"

"I love you too, darling."

I watched him leave and fell into an uneasy sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 6.4K 27
What happens when the world's richest girl in the whole world falls in love with the new maid's daughter? Will she allow the other girl into her life...
73K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
2.2K 84 27
William and Juliet were high school friends. It was the typical he loves her, she loves him, everybody knows but them. Something happens and Juliet j...
14.2K 400 26
Claude X Oc I do not own black butler (only my oc's) Enjoy the story of Brett Phantomhive, Ciels older sister by 6 years. She suffered a lot after lo...