What I like about you

By HM_author

Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39

15

12.7K 374 135
By HM_author

I sit on the couch in my living room, the tv playing The Breakfast Club.
A loud knock sounds from the front door, shuffling coming from the other side.

8:00

He's early.

I hop up from the couch, sliding over to the door. I open it, cracking it so I can barely see him.

He looks up, I refrain from letting my jaw drop to the floor.

How does he always manage to look so good all the time?

His dark hair is in light messy waves, his eyes bright against the grey sky. A cute smile plays at his lips as he stares at me. He wears a black hoodie, jeans and black Nike's. His hands hide behind his back, making the jacket tighten around him.

Wow.

"Are you going to hide behind the door all day?" He laughs.

"Oh." I swing the door wide open, Blake's eyes run over my body, stopping at my feet.

I mentally slap myself, my face turning into a dark tomato in embarrassment.

I forgot.

"What the hell are those?" He laughs. I look down at the dog slippers on my feet, the little heads sticking up from my toes.

I hide my feet behind the door.
"Dog slippers?"

"Wow." He shakes his head, looking down at the ground and smiling.

"They're comfortable!" I protest.

"Are you going to let me in?"

"Oh, sorry." I throw the door open, he softly brushes past me. I look at his arms behind his back as I close the door behind him.
"What you hiding there?" I raise a brow.

He looks over at me, face full of innocence. He looks behind him then back at me, pointing to himself in question.
"Me?"

"Who else is in the room, Blake?" I cross my arms, rolling my eyes.

"I don't know, Danielle." He smirks.
"Guess."

"What? No! Just let me see!" I step towards him.

"No, you have to guess!" He steps back.

"It'll be easier if you just show me." I take another step.

"It'll be more fun if you just guess." He takes another step back.

"Fine!" I huff out.
"Is it a puppy?"

"A puppy? Really, Danielle?" He tilts his head.

"What? I guessed, now show me!" I demand, threatening him with another step. He doesn't move back.

"You're no fun." He mumbles.

"Let me see!" I yell.

"Alright, Alright! Damn. You're going to wake up your family." He whisper yells.

"My mom is at work until six and Bailey is at a friend's house until tomorrow." I state, basically telling him to try my patience.

"Okay, Fine. But, close your eyes." He smiles.

"Okay..." I shut my eyes, the sound of ruffling paper and footsteps getting closer to me.

"Now, open." He whispers close to me.

I open my eyes, his hands holding out a McDonald's bag. A huge grin stretches across my face as I look up at him.

"You bought me food?" I giggle.

"I thought you'd be hungry, so I brought you some breakfast."

"Is this why you came so early?"

"Yes, and I wanted to spend more time with you."
My heart flips in my chest.

"Awe, how cute." I smile, his face turning a light shade of pink.

"Shall we?" He walks and sits down on the couch, placing the back on the coffee table.
He reached in the bag and pulled out two juice boxes.

"Juice boxes?" I raise a brow, laughing at his cute smile.

"Is it a problem?"

"No, not at all. I love apple juice." I sit next to him, our legs accidentally brushing together.

"The Breakfast Club?" He laughs, eyeing the tv.

"What a perfect coincidence." I laugh.

"What do they do, eat breakfast in a club?"

"No! You've never seen the Breakfast Club?" I look at him as if he just said he didn't breath oxygen.

"Was I supposed to?" He asked confused.

"Yes! It's one of the best movies from the 80s."

He laughs, slightly shaking his head as he stares at me. His green eyes showing specks of blue.

"What?" My voice cracks.

"Nothing...you're just...so cute." He smiles, almost whispering the last part.

My heart starts to pound, my hands turning clammy and sweaty. I can't help the smile that spreads across my lips at his words. The giddy feeling trumping all of the other feelings that I've had since the day started.

"Oh."

We both turn to the movie, silently eating with occasional glances towards each other. His eyes lingering on me every time I laughed or smiled at the movie.

Nothing could be any better.

Except one thing.

      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"No! You didn't pass go!" I all but yell at Blake as I almost jump across the game board and snatch the $200 out of his hands.

We're playing Monopoly.

"Sorry! I thought that's what you said!" He throws his hands up in the air.

"No! I said that If you pass go, you collect $200! Which, you didn't pass go!"

"I thought this game was family friendly, I didn't think it'd be this aggressive." He grimaces as he stares at the board.

"I tend to get a little competitive and out of control when it comes to games." I give him a sheepish smile.
He raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing at his perfect lips.

"Only a little?" He teased.

"Okay, Fine. Maybe a lot, but it's not that bad." I wave it off, acting like my winning obsession is not a big deal.

"Not that bad? You almost tackled me from across the board, Danielle!"

"I said I was sorry!"

"Well, sorry isn't enough. Maybe you should make it up to me." He smirks, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he intensely stares at me.

"W-what do you m-ean?" I stand up, looking back at my closed door.

What does he have in mind?

"You're going to...do my homework for a week." He smirks, leaning back on his elbows on the floor.

I almost sigh in disappointment.

You wanted him to say something else. The voice inside my head speaks up.

"O-oh...homework, okay." I laugh.

"What did you think I was going to make you do?" He pushes himself up and stands up, taking a step towards me. His eyes locking onto mine.

"N-nothing." I rush out, trying with everything in me to not be caught in his captivating eyes but I can't.

"You're lying." He takes another step.

"No, I'm n-not!" I defend myself, moving backwards until my back hits the wall.

"Yes, you are. You only stutter when you're lying, Danielle." Another step.

"N-no I d-don't." I curse myself for proving his point right.

"What were you thinking of Danielle?" Another step, but this time, he's only a foot away.

"I wasn't thinking of anything." I break my eyes away from his, looking down at the floor.

"Even if I haven't known you for long, I still know you Danielle." He softly grabs my chin, moving my face to look at his. "Talk to me." His voice is a soft but husky whisper, sending vigorous chills throughout my entire body.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because...I'm afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"Of what you might say." My breath hitches in my throat when his eyes falls down to my lips.

"What would make you afraid of what I might say?" His eyes still linger.

"Because...I like you." I quickly blurt out, like ripping off a band-aid. If this band-aid was all of the feelings that I've tried to keep sealed inside.

His eyes snap back up to meet mine, something flashing over them as they darken. His jaw tightens and his body stiffens.

My heart races in my chest, beating faster as the seconds go by. He takes one more step until his face is mere inches from mine. My breath hitches in my throat from how close he is.

"You...like me?" He searches my face, biting his lip.

Goodness, he shouldn't do that.

I nod, no words being able to come out of my mouth. Fear eating me up inside.

What did I do? Now he's going to hate me. He's going to see me as that weird girl who had feelings for him when we were only friends.
What if he laughs?
Of course he would. He doesn't like me. And like Molly said, he never will.

Everything changes when a bright smile appears on his face, his eyes sparkling. And when he says a few simple words.

"I like you too."

All I can think to do is smile, butterflies exploding inside my stomach.

He likes me?
Blake likes me.
Blake Daniels, the captain of the football team and one of the most popular guys in school likes me!

His bright eyes bore into mine, then flicker down to my lips again. He puts both of his hands by either side of my head on the wall. I straighten my back. He looks down further.

My feet...

Crap. I forgot I still had on my dog slippers. I almost face palm.

He closes his eyes, moving his face back up with mine. He audibly sighs, reopening his eyes to look into mine.

"You're so fucking cute." His voice comes out a husky whisper, making me melt.

"No, I'm not." My face burns. He shakes his head, a smile on his face.
"Seriously, I-"

Before I can finish, he crashes his lips on mine. His hands falling onto my hips, pulling me closer to him. And before I even knew what I was doing, I started kissing him back. Or...tried. This is my first kiss, so...

I melt in his arms, those butterflies in my stomach blowing up. Chills run throughout my whole body, a satisfied sigh escaping my lips as he kisses me. Every inch of my skin on fire from his touch. My arms wrapped around his neck, hands in his hair. 

He pulls back, a sweet smile on his face as he looks at me.

"Did you do that just to shut me up?" I smile.

"Maybe." He smirks, the dimple on his cheek popping up.

"Can you do it again?" I almost whisper, my face burning as I smile.

His face lights up, his bright smile and eyes making my heart flutter in my chest.
Without another word, he leans in again. His lips softly touching mine, sweet tingles shooting through the touch. His hands slamming my body into his.

I did it. I told him how I felt. And now I know...

He feels the same.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N: Hey!! Did you like it? Sorry again for taking so long to update. I just hope you liked reading this chapter.
They finally kissed!!

Just wait...

Thank your so much for reading. And please, please, please keep reading. It means so much to me.

Thank you!

         Read. Vote. Comment.

~ Hayleigh💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.1K 19
Paige was always one of the popular girls, but never had a boyfriend before in her life, or even talked to boys at all. So when Brandon Dowey- one of...
293K 8.2K 24
Kingston Series #1 THE FIRST BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Tanner has his entire life planned out. He has a full ride football scholarship as the st...
79.8K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

150K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...