Silhouette [Draco/Harry]

By huffIIepcff

{Sequel to In My Head} "But tonight you're a stranger, some silhouette." During Harry Potter's seventh year a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Epilouge
You'll Love Me, I Promise

Chapter Five

6.1K 301 603
By huffIIepcff

Two weeks. It was two weeks since Harry and Ginny shared a kiss in the Charms classroom. It was also two weeks since Harry saw him. It had also been two weeks since he last had a nightmare. It was as though his mind was done messing with him, like he was slowly healing from the wounds left behind after the death.

"Stop doing that, mate." Ron laughed.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Smiling all big like that. It's creepy." Ron laughed. "It's nice to see you happy and all, but it's getting much."

Harry rolled his eyes, nudging Ron with an elbow as they walked down the halls to Transfiguration. They ran into Hermione and Ginny on the way.

"Morning, Harry." Ginny greeted. He smiled at her and held out his hand.

"G'morning, Ginny."

She smiled at him and took his hand, fingers intertwining. That was one thing about his relationship with Malfoy that Harry didn't like; they couldn't hold hands around anyone, apart from their friends. But he didn't dare ponder on the thought.

"What is this?" Ron asked, gesturing towards their hands as he walked backwards into the transfiguration classroom to look at Harry and Ginny.

Ginny laughed while Harry shrugged. "What is this, Ginny?" He asked.

"Why I don't know Harry!" She replied, smiling at him. They sat at their separate desks, Harry beside Ron.

"What is it?!" Ron asked.

"Calm down, mate! You'll be as red as your hair."

"Did you— Did you just make a joke?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah."

Ron smiled, really smiled and patted Harry's shoulder. "Glad to have you back, mate."

Harry didn't quite know what that meant, but he'd take it as he wouldn't be asked how he was all the time. He glanced over at Ginny and gave her a smile, the redhead returning the kind look.

Transfiguration went by without a hitch; except for Ron failing to answer any of the questions correct leaving Hermione to answer them for him. Next was Defense in which Remus taught the class what the best things to use and do when fighting against mermaids.

"I would like you all to write an essay on what we've gone over. Pick one defense we spoke about today and explain to me in six pages or more why the defense is important." Professor Lupin explained, erasing his writing from the blackboard. "The paper will be due Monday. You may head to the Great Hall for lunch."

Students jumped out of their seats and ran out the door, some groaning about Lupin's assignment before they even thought about what they'd do. Meanwhile, Harry was collecting his things when Remus pulled him aside.

"Harry, how are you doing?" He asked. Harry looked up at him as he placed his bag on his shoulder.

"I'm fine." He smiled. Remus sighed.

"Are—"

Harry groaned. "Today I am."

"Alright. Just know if you need to talk about anything I'm here, alright?"

Harry nodded. "I know."

"Now go eat!" Remus demanded funnily, shooing Harry out of the classroom.

Harry chuckled as he exited the room, a smile on his face. He genuinely felt good. He was in a new relationship with someone he really liked and hadn't had any nightmares. The only thing bad about the day was how black the sky was and the hard rain pouring down.

As he entered the Great Hall, he saw that Hermione and Pansy were both absent but made no thought on it. When he sat down, Ron bombarded him with questions about Ginny.

"Do you like her? Like, like her? When did you even start liking each other?! I thought you were into blokes!"

"First off, yes. I like her. Secondly, you and I both know Ginny's had a crush on me since second year. I guess my mine just sort of developed." Harry explained. "And lastly, just because I'm dating Ginny, doesn't mean I'm not still into blokes."

Ron blinked his eyes several times as he inhaled deeply, taking in the answers. "So you're not gay.." He said, almost questioning.

"I don't know what the bloody hell I am anymore, honestly."

*****

"Malfoy, if I could I would."

Draco was agitated more than usual, begging Hermione and Pansy to let him out. It was as though he was going crazy from being in the small room he was being held in. It was that of a child's room, small and compact with furniture and a closet for clothes.

"Please, Granger." He begged, shaking Hermione's shoulders.

"I can't! I keep telling you that!" Hermione yelled, swatting his hands away. He sneered at her before turning away, running a hand through the mess of blond on his head.

"Once it's safe—"

"It is safe!!" Draco yelled as he turned to face her. "My father thinks I'm dead. You-Know-Who thinks I'm dead. If I just used glamours-"

"You really want to get yourself killed again don't you?!"

"She has a point, Draco." Chimed Pansy. "Glamours can't protect you from people finding out you're alive."

Hermione nodded at Pansy. "Not to mention Rita Skeeter will have an article on you as soon as your ass walks out that door."

"I don't give a damn at this point," Draco breathed, his hands balling into fists as he walked over to stand in front of Hermione. "It'll just be an hour. Everyone is at lunch, right?"

"That doesn't—"

"Please, Hermione." He begged. Hermione's mouth fell open, his eyebrows raising as she stared at Draco in shock. He had just used her name. He had never used her name.

"Malfoy," She sighed.

"Please."

She saw the desperation in Draco's eyes and it made her feel guilty. Oh so guilty. Guilty enough that she caved.

"Fine." She muttered and Pansy looked shocked.

"But, Granger—"

"It'll only be half an hour." Spoke Hermione sternly.

"That's perfect. That's, that's more than enough time out of here."

Hermione sighed and handed Malfoy his wand for caution before just opened the door. "If you break off from me and Pansy, I swear—"

"I won't!" Draco assured, pushing past Hermione and out of the room. He saw sunlight peering through the large windows in the hospital ward, the white bed sheets shining under the glare. He saw the two large doors that led out to the halls and it made him giddy.

"We can go out the back. No one is in the courtyard right now." Pansy offered and Hermione nodded.

"That's a good idea." For once, the two girls agreed on something. Draco was shocked but nevertheless followed them both out the back of the castle, heading outside to the large courtyard. He was stopped in his tracks when Hermione put out an arm.

"It's raining pretty hard. You sure you want to go out there?" She asked, turning to look at Draco. He nodded.

"I've gotten this far. What the bloody hell is a little rain going to do?" He smirked, walking past Hermione and Pansy and out from under the roof keeping them dry. The blond inhaled the cold, fresh air as rain came down from above him. It felt nice, the water against his face as he looked around the courtyard.

"Happy now?" Pansy asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Very." He smiled, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I'm glad." She whispered, hugging him tightly before pulling away.

Hermione stood under the outreaches roof, keeping herself dry as she watched Pansy and Draco stand in the rain laughing.

She smiled, almost happy to see Malfoy happy. It was weird, but she was okay with it. It was for Harry and she'd do anything for him.

Fun didn't last long as darker clouds rolled in, lighting kicking up with rolls of thunder shaking the ground.

"Hermione," Draco yelled. "That doesn't sound normal."

"What do you mean?" She yelled back, needing to with the distance between them.

Lighting struck the middle of the courtyard, narrowly avoiding Draco and Pansy.

"That! I mean that!" He yelled. Hermione ran out into the rain, pulling Draco down slightly by the arm.

"Are you alright?" She asked, looking between both Draco and Pansy.

"Yeah! I'm sure it's nothing. Just a bad storm." Pansy assured them, shrugging her shoulders. Draco didn't believe it though. Especially when a certain type of black smoke was seen above the courtyard, circling around Draco, Hermione and Pansy.

"Because that's nothing?" Draco muttered.

Pansy inhaled sharply, nodding. "Yeah."

"We have to get back inside." Hermione tugged on Draco's sleeve, but he pulled his arm away.

"Draco!" A voice called out.

Draco looked around at his surroundings, the expressions on Pansy and Hermione's faces that of worry and fright.

"Draco!" A voice yelled again, closer. It was high, a woman's voice.

"Dammit." Draco whispered.

"We've got to go!" Hermione said loudly, grabbing Draco's wrist.

"You aren't going anywhere." It was Bellatrix. "Ah, Malfoy!! We knew you were still here." She smiled. It was unsettling. Pansy leaped to stand in front of Draco, bring a hand back to grab his other wrist.

"Stay away from him." She said.

Hermione let go of Draco's wrist when he tugged and watched as he took his wand out, Bellatrix's laugh at Pansy blood-curdling.

"You're quite courageous." She said, twirling her wand in her hand as she strutted her way over to the three. "But, sadly courage doesn't save lives." She frowned carelessly, pointing her wand at Pansy.

Draco pushed Pansy out of the way, causing her to fall into Hermione as he stood in front of them, raising his wand. "You touch them and I'll kill you." He seethed.

"Draco! You wouldn't." Bellatrix laughed. "I'll gladly kill all three of you, if that's what you want."

"I won't let you." Draco spat. She shook her head, tsking at him.

"It's that, or you come with me." Bellatrix explained, smiling creepily at Draco.

"Malfoy." Hermione whispered, her and Pansy worried Draco would do something stupid. He ignored her.

"You won't touch them if I go with you?" He asked.

"No! I promise."

Draco didn't believe her, but took a step forward as he lowered his wand. "Alright."

"Draco-"

"I'll go." He ignored Pansy, looking at Bellatrix with a look of certainty that going back with her is what he wanted. She looked giddy at that, gesturing for him to come to her.

"C'mon then. Hurry it up!"

Draco ignored the whispers from Hermione and Pansy as he walked towards Bellatrix, only to raise his wand when he was close enough. "Petrificus totalus."

And with that, Bellatrix was stopped in her tracks. Draco turned and yelled at Hermione and Pansy as he came running towards them.

"Run!" He said. Hermione and Pansy ran behind Draco, following him back into the castle and to the hospital ward.

"Malfoy!" Hermione yelled as he headed out the hospital ward doors, stopping behind him when he came to a halt.

"Bloody hell." Pansy whispered, the sight in front of them terrible. The hall was a mess with students bruised and scratched up while the horrid laughs of Death Eaters could be heard.

"Draco, you have to go. Seal up the room." Pansy begged.

"It's too late now!" He huffed. "They know."

"And who's fault is that?!" Hermione yelled.

"Save your lecture, mudblood." He muttered before running in the direction of the Great Hall.

"I've got to go find Blaise." Pansy informed Hermione.

"Go. I've got Malfoy." Hermione assured and Pansy went off in the different direction to find Zabini. Hermione went down the same end of the hall Malfoy had, her pacing picking up quickly when she saw Ron heading in the direction of Draco. She did her best to catch up to Draco's speed.

"Ronald!" She yelled. Ron stopped in his tracks when he saw Draco and Hermione who were drenched in rain running towards him, his face slightly bruised as he held his wand out.

"What the bloody hell is going on?!" He asked, catching Hermione in an embrace when she fell into him.

"Death Eaters," Hermione breathed. "I let Malfoy out for not even a second and they know he's alive."

"You— Why?!" Ron yelled, pulling Hermione away at arms length.

"No one was there! Ron, he wouldn't stop begging."

"Well you better find somewhere to put him! Harry's down the hall with Ginny. Some snake was attacking Neville."

Draco's heart lurched at the sound of Harry's name, knowing he was in trouble.

"Nagini." Draco said. "How did you know was alive??" He asked.

"I told him." Hermione explained.

"He could know but Potter couldn't? Oh that makes perfect sense!" He yelled.

"Shut up! We've got to go. Ron."

"Go. I'll be fine." He assured, pressing a kiss to Hermione's forehead. She nodded at him before both her and Malfoy headed farther down the hall, turning the corner to see Harry and Ginny fighting Nagini.

"Harry." Draco breathed.

"Malfoy, he can't see you." Hermione whispered as she breathe heavily, pushing Malfoy.

Draco didn't hear her. All he could pay attention to was how Harry was in front of him, being bit and hissed at by Nagini.

"Malfoy!" Hermione whisper-yelled.

"I don't give a damn." Draco replied, pushing Hermione away from him and raising his wand at Nagini.

"Get your venomous teeth away from him." He yelled. Harry was to preoccupied with helping Ginny up to hear Draco, his face and arms covered in blood and scratches as was Ginny's.

Nagini came towards Draco and he quickly ran in the direction behind him, leading Nagini into an empty classroom.

"If you're here, Voldemort has to be." Draco sighed. "I won't kill you if you swear you'll let him know I'm on his side."

Nagini paused at Draco's words, but hissed. Draco jumped slightly, sighing.

"Please." He begged, lowering his wand. Nagini started at him for several moments before hissing once more and slithering away. Draco let out a large breath of relief, before running back out into the hall and to Hermione.

"Harry, Ginny, are you alright?" Hermione asked them, watching as Harry ran his fingers over Ginny's scratched arm.

"We're fine." Harry assured, looking over at Hermione. Harry's breath caught in his throat when he saw Draco standing behind her.

"Harry?" Hermione asked. Ginny too stared in shock as she saw a beat-up Draco behind Hermione.

Harry was silent as he stared at the blond.

"Go away." He whispered, shutting his eyes tightly. "Please."

"Harry." He heard. It was Draco's voice.

"You're not real." Harry mumbled. Ginny gripped his shoulder.

"Harry?" Ginny whispered.

Harry opened his eyes and Draco was still there, frowning at him.

"Ginny—" He hiccuped.

"I see him, Harry." She whispered.

Harry sucked in a deep breath through his nose before falling to the floor. Ginny had no time to catch him.

When Draco ran up to Harry, catching him before he hit the floor, Ginny backed to Hermione. Harry's breathing was heavy as he cried and Draco could feel the ravennette's ribs as he held around his middle, resulting in a frown taking Draco's features.

Harry cried and he cried, absentmindedly clinging onto Draco. The blond held him tightly, pressing kisses to his head.

Harry took in deep breaths to calm himself down, soon looking up to see Draco.

Draco caught Harry's lips in a kiss and Harry's eyes widen. He felt Draco's rough lips against his own. He felt his arms wrapped around him. It felt how it used to; completely filled with love, care.

But he realized something; he was with Ginny. Ginny was standing there, watching Draco kiss him. Harry pulled away and looked at Draco.

"I love you. Harry, I love you." Draco whispered, pressing kisses to his face.

Harry held onto Draco's upper arms, nails digging into his skin. It was as though Harry was making sure Draco was real.

"Draco." He breathed, it was the first time he had said his name in a year.

"I'm here. It's me."

Harry wanted desperately to tell Draco that he loved him too, but wasn't sure if he should. He cared about Ginny, and yes he loved her, but he wasn't sure if it was that way. They hadn't been together long.

"Harry." Draco muttered, breaking Harry out of his thoughts to look at the blond holding him. Draco smiled at him, his eyes watering.

"Hi." Harry said stupidly, causing Malfoy to laugh. Harry smiled. He smiled so wide for the first time in ages.

"I missed you so much." Draco whispered.

Harry looked at Ginny over Draco's shoulder who was absentmindedly staring at Draco's head. Draco looked over, following Harry's gaze to Ginny before looking back at who he held in his arms.

"Harry." Draco said, almost questioning.

Harry looked back at Draco before resting his head on his shoulder, clinging onto him as tightly as he could.

"Tell me you're real." He whispered. "Tell me this is actually you."

"It's me, Scarhead." Draco assured, running a hand through Harry's hair. Harry's let out a shaky breath, before pulling away and dragging himself up off the floor. Draco rose to his feet as well, looking down at Harry.

Harry blinked rapidly at Draco before looking at Hermione and Ginny.

"Hermione—"

"I know." She replied.

"How?" Harry asked.

"I'll explain it later. Right now, we've got to go make sure everyone is okay." Hermione explained, walking past Draco, Harry and Ginny to make her way down the hall and to the other parts of the castle.

The three stood there in silence, before Ginny spoke.

"Harry, we'll check the Gryffindor tower?" She asked. Harry nodded, walking past Draco who was about to object before he saw Harry take Ginny's hand.

"I," Draco said, eyebrows furrowed. He watched as Harry and Ginny walked away towards Gryffindor tower as though Draco didn't just come back to Harry. He was confused, and slightly hurt.

Draco shook his head and headed down the hall where Hermione had gone, catching up with her in the Great Hall. Students were everywhere, some crying while they held their injured friends. It was a horrible sight and the beginning of what would be known as the Battle Of Hogwarts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.8K 32
Draco can't live with all the regret of everything and the death of Dumbledore. Harry isn't going to let his love go, never no matter what. Suicide...
61.3K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
569K 50.9K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
63K 2.2K 23
Draco doesn't care what Harry thinks as long as it's about him. Cover art by @VikConder on instagram Started: February 12, 2023 Completed: November 2...