LOVING TWO

By honeeylovee

"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everyth... More

Chapter One Intro: Sunset Views (Diary)
Chapter Two: Jacksonville (Diary)
Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville
Chapter Four: The Next Door Neighbor
Chapter Five: Senior Year
Chapter Six: Bright Stars
Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter Eight: Letting Demons Out
Chapter Nine: A New Vibe
Chapter Ten: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak
Chapter Twelve: Me Myself & I
Chapter Thirteen: School Project
Chapter Fourteen: War Declared
Chapter Fifteen: School Field Trip
Chapter Sixteen: The Healer
Chapter Seventeen: Take Me To Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Facing Reality
Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love
Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance On Bad
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Dangerous Ex
Chapter Twenty-Six: Faded Memories
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Singing The Blues
Chapter Thirty: Singing The Blues (pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go
Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past
Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Secrets (Pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Open Wound
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time Heals
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Night Of Romance
Chapter Forty: Unfortunate Event
Chapter Forty-One: A Lustful Kiss?
Chapter Forty-Two: Bad Lies
Chapter Forty-Three: The Call
Chapter Forty-Four: Deception
Chapter Forty-Five: The Proposal
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hide Out (Pt.1)
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Capture
Chapter Fifty: A Dreadful Death
Chapter Fifty-One: Ticking Bomb
Chapter Fifty-Two: Life Goes On
Chapter Fifty-Three: Birth To A New Beginning
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement
Chapter Fifty-Five: Back To A Loving Home
Chapter Fifty-Six: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Confession
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Halloween Party
Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?
Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return
Chapter Sixty-Three: Out For Blood
Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters
Chapter Sixty-Six: A New Home
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Fateful Accident
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love
Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision
Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice

140 9 0
By honeeylovee

As I made my way inside the house I noticed my dad sleeping next to Aquamarine who also slept peacefully. A warm smile formed on my face just by simply seeing that sweet side of my dad. Just the thought of having to break my parents heart by taking her away for a couple of days sadden me. Unfortunately it was something I had to do. I couldn't risk James finding out about Aquamarine. I had to leave with her and hide until he had given up on that absurd idea of taking me away with him.

So much had passed throughout the time he was gone that I didn't want to go back to the old times. Where he would mess with my mind and heart. The multiple times I hated him and loved him all over again. I was a Mother now and I couldn't play silly games anymore. I had found myself in a stable happy relationship with Miles. Even though we weren't in a good spot at the moment I knew he still cared for us. He was a guy who was willing to sacrifice his single life to become a father figure to Aqua and an extraordinary partner to me.

I couldn't gamble such a bright future with him for something so messy and confusing like James. I had already done that mistake once by leaving Jake. James never knew what he wanted till he lost me. Now he had come back like nothing had happened and wanting to pick up where we had left off. It was too late and I wasn't willing to go through that wild rollercoaster he had me on. It was time I closed the chapter with him for good. So by choosing to disappear with Jake's help I was sending James a message. One where it would be clear I no longer wanted him to be a part of my life.

I was just hoping he would move on easy and not make it too difficult for me. I was worried deep inside I would fall for him all over again. I was afraid that what we had long ago was still alive somewhere deep inside me. A fear of the unknown. Once I was done packing a bag with only the necessary things for Aquamarine. I got a text from Jake—"I'm parked in the back..Don't worry he didn't see me..Try to Hurry" I quickly took Aqua in my arms carefully trying not to wake my father.

I wouldn't be able to handle an explanation that would break his heart. I had to sneak away in silence. Only that way I would be able to disappear without raising suspicion. I was glad I could count on Jake. He was going behind his own brothers back to be able to help me. Even though they didn't have that brother bond connection. I was sure James would go crazy if he found out. I felt bad for involving Jake in this whole mess but he was the only one that was able to help in such a short given time.

As I walked out through the backyard of my house I spotted Jake's car. He quickly got out to help me with Aquamarine. He had a baby seat already set in the back. I smiled to the thoughtful gesture. He must've grabbed that seat from his own unborn child I thought as I sat in the passengers seat next to him. We took a discreet way out where we wouldn't bump into James. A sigh of relief left my mouth as we passed by a huge sign that read "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING REDWOOD-VILLE". I looked over to Jake who was smiling back at me with comfort. A cute giggle came out from Aquamarine who was playing with a toy Jake gave her.

Jake- She seems to enjoy the late car ride..

Jazmin- Yeah she does..She loves when I take her to the beach..For some odd reason she's fanatic of the water..Every time I shower her she gets excited. You know it's not very common for babies or kids to get overly excited to bathe. Some get scared to go in the water..

Jake- She's a little mermaid..Her name is self explanatory..

The fascinating way Aquamarine behaves at the beach is almost as if she is drawn to the place where I first met her daddy..Almost as if she knew.

Jake- You sure about this?

Jazmin- ....About?

Jake- What you are doing..

Jazmin- I have too Jake...He can't find out about her...He just can't..

Jake- Wow...You really love him don't you?

Jazmin- Who?

Jake- Well who else would you be doing all this for?..

Jazmin- Um?

Jake- You're running away so James won't find out about you and Miles having a daughter aren't you?

Jazmin- Oh..Yeah...I'm sorry..I don't know where my head is at...(Geez! One more slip up and he'll surely catch up on the lie)

Jake- That's why I'm saying you must really love Miles...James wouldn't take this easy that's forsure...

Jazmin- *Rolls Eyes....Don't you think I know..

Jake- I honestly feel like you both shouldn't have to hide..James has to understand you have moved on...He has to accept your decision...Just like I once did..

Jazmin- Can we just stop talking about it?

Jake- Fine..

Jazmin- So where are you taking us?

Jake- I did a last minute rental..It's a beautiful small cottage..It was the only one available in this area..

Jazmin- *Smiles....Anything is appreciated thank You..

Jake- Wait till you see it...You're gonna love it..

Right in front of me stood a small nice comfortable looking cottage. The smell of pleasant fresh flowers surrounding the entry way arouse my nose and there was a small chimney on the very top. It was truly a very welcoming home for now. I looked over at Jake with a huge satisfying smile on my face. He returned it with a warm smile as he carried Aquamarine in his arms. Once we walked inside he showed me around and then we headed towards the room Aqua and I were going to sleep in.

He then walked back to the car to grab the other things I left behind. I was just about to put Aqua to sleep when my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I didn't want to pick up any calls. However I also thought of how worried my Father must be after waking up and not finding Aquamarine laying next to him. So I decided to answer if they called again. Once Aqua was once again fast asleep I laid her down and met up Jake in a small dining room. He was already sitting down drinking a glass of wine.

Jake- ...I waited for you here..I thought you must be tired and wanted to relax..

Jazmin- For that to happen I need a glass too..

Jake- Have a seat..I'll pour you one.

Jazmin- Thanks Jake..

Jake- It's just a glass of wine you don't need to thank me..

Jazmin- I don't mean just that...I meant thank you over all for everything you're doing...I know it must be difficult for you to be here when I'm sure Ashley must be waiting for you..

Jake- Hey...You and Aquamarine's safety comes first to me...She'll have to understand..Plus it's not like we are actually dating...

Jazmin- What?..You guys broke up?

Jake- Well technically she did..I guess she just can't let go of that night...So she decided I would just play the role of 'income' for when the baby comes..

Jazmin- That's horrible!..Please tell me you didn't agree Jake??

Jake- Of course not!..You know more than anyone how badly I wanted a family of my own..A son or daughter I could call mine..

He looked deep into my eyes when he said that. I was sure he meant he wanted all that with me. It broke my heart to see him go through so much pain. If only I never left him. We could've been a happy family that I'm sure off. Though I couldn't complain that I was happy now with Miles also.

Jake- I'm planning on fighting for full custody once the time is right..

Jazmin- Full custody?..You sure you want to do that Jake?..I mean...Don't you think that's kind of harsh?

Jake- She doesn't want the baby Jazmin..I don't want to even imagine the kind of life my baby will live next to a heartless mother..

Jazmin- Wow...I'm so sorry Jake..I know it's because of me you're going through this..

Jake- None of this is your problem or blame Jazmin...It's my fault...I should've fought harder for you regardless of finding out James was my brother...I shouldn't have given up on you..

As he handed me another glass he got closer to me. Our eyes locked and I could see all the pain and regret he was holding inside. It was overwhelming to know that at some point he was the one holding my heart and thoughts. He was the person I gave my trust and feelings too. I couldn't help but imagine how my life would've turned out if I had chosen to stay with him. If I hadn't fallen into that bad boy image of James and had gotten tangled in his dangerous web. If only. That's all I was ever left with. Hoping for a better future for my daughter and wishing I could find peace with all this mess.

Jake was closing the small gap that separated our bodies from connecting. I quickly stood up and walked over to the window. He followed right behind me and grabbed my waist turning me to face him. "You know I sometimes wonder..Will I ever be able to get you out of my heart Jazmin?" He said to me with a sad look in his eyes. With a warm sincere smile on my face, I gently rubbed his cheek with my fingers. "It's too late for us now Jake..but if we are being honest..I also find myself wondering at times how my life would've played out if I had just stayed by your side". He then smiled and leaned his forehead against mine. "Having kids in between doesn't have to mean it's late to give us another chance".

His warm breath aroused my face and neck. As I rested my hand on his chest I noticed both of our hearts were beating at a rapid pace. "We deserve a shot of happiness as well Jazmin". He then grabbed my hand with his and held onto it tightly. I let out an unexpected gasp as I felt his other hand carefully touch my back. He gently pushed me closer to him closing the small space between us.

Jazmin- No Jake...This isn't right..

Jake- *Whispers...We both want this Jazmin...Don't push me away.

Jazmin- Jake..I'm not sure where I stand with Miles and he means a lot to me...Plus there's still James...He won't let me go so easily..

As I finished saying those words he took a step back returning the air in me. I felt a sigh of relief..if he hadn't stepped away who knows what would've happened. He then turned his back to me without saying a single word. I guess silence was louder then words. So I walked over and hugged him from the waist while resting my head on his back. "No matter what you will always mean a lot to me..A beautiful dream I got to experience...But try to understand we're both in different places in our lives right now".

To my surprise he turned around and hugged me back. "Don't worry I know somewhere deep down our flame is still sparking..I'll be waiting for you Jazmin..When you are ready to finally live a happy life with someone that will never hurt you and will live only to love you and your beautiful daughter..I'll be here". I hugged him tightly as a silent tear rolled down my face. He turned my chin up to face him and that's when I was certain that flame Jake spoke about no doubt still burned deep in my heart. Our eyes were locked and his grip around my waist tightened. We both leaned in closer when suddenly my phone rang. Startled by the ring we both let go.

Jazmin- Hello?

James- Meet me at the beach. I'll be waiting for you.

Jazmin- No! I'm not going anywhere you hear me?..I'm tired of this sick little game of yours!

James- Jazmin if you really want to put an end to all this then you'll meet me there...Let's settle this once and for all.

Jake- Who is it?

Jazmin- James...He..hung up..

Jake- Well he obviously knows you're gone..Whatever he wants I don't agree Jaz..

Jazmin- I'm sorry Jake..but it's not up to you..I..I have to go...

Jake- No! Are you crazy!?...You're not going anywhere with him!..

Jazmin- Please watch over Aquamarine..This won't take long I promise.

Jake-...Jazmin at least tell me where you're going!?

I left in a hurry taking the keys of his car with me. I was determined to put an end to all this madness. I wasn't sure if it was the adrenaline of almost sharing a kiss with Jake that was still rushing through my body or it was just the fact I was tired of it all. Whatever it was I was certain of one thing. I wanted all of it to end once and for all. The closer I got to that special place where we first met the more nervous I felt. I seemed to weaken to my knees every time I had him so near. The thought of just being around him again gave me an uncertainty feeling that I might not be able to pull through. However I had to try my best and stay my ground. It was all for my own good and Aqua's. I couldn't let James mess with my emotions and mind any longer. This needed to stop.

Jazmin- (I saw him peacefully sitting down on the sand looking at the fierce waves washing unto the shoreline)...I'm here.

James- Remember seeing the oceans water roar this powerful?

Jazmin- What?

James- Look how fiercely the waves pounder..

Jazmin- I know you didn't want to meet up here to talk about the ocean James.

James- I'm just remembering of the night I saved your life...The waves were just as powerful as tonight.

Jazmin- .........

James- You know...I always go back to that night and wonder if I hadn't met you...

Jazmin- I've wondered as well..

James- Nah you don't wonder what I wonder because if you did you would be with me holding me tightly...Just as bad as I wanna hold you..

He stood up and walked towards me. A slight shiver ran down my body as he approached me.

James- When I think about how my life would be if I hadn't met you that night..I lose my mind..Cause I can't picture a life without you anymore...

He walked closer to me as he continued to speak. I felt my feet numbed preventing me from moving away.

James- You feel this air surrounding us?

Jazmin- ....Yes....

James- I need YOU just as much as I need this air to breathe...

Jazmin- James...(He grabbed me by the arms and with seriousness he looked into my eyes)

James- If you really just can't see a future with me then tell me now...Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me anymore...Tell me you have fallen for Miles and you want me to leave you alone..

Jazmin- ..........

James- If I hear those words come out of those precious lips of yours...I will leave Jazmin..You won't hear from me anymore.

Jazmin- You are willing to finally let go of me so I could try to find happiness with Miles?

James- If that's what you really want..I will leave.

Slowly his hands caressed my arms making me shiver all over. I caught him taking a notice of the way he was making me feel.

James- I need you to be certain about the decision you are about to make Jazmin...Don't think about anyone else's feelings but your own...Forget about how I would feel or Miles or anyone else for that matter...

Jazmin- I...I...

James- What do you want Jazmin!?..What does your heart want!?

He shook me desperately demanding an answer. I couldn't think straight all these emotions were running crazy inside me. I wanted to scream to him for putting me in such a stressful and confusing situation. I could've visioned a future with him and our daughter. I also visioned it with Miles and even Jake but I knew where my heart was. Thing was I wasn't sure if that was the best decision to make for Aquamarine. If James found out I hid her from him he wouldn't forgive me. He was too hard headed to be able to get passed it.

He would surely think I did it as an act of revenge or worse he would think she was Miles daughter and not his. I couldn't risk yet another devastating heartache. My daughter needed me at my best and she deserved a happy future where there wouldn't be fighting and doubt. Those were definitely some of the emotions I know I would go through with James. However was I really ready to let go? I finally had the choice to either accept him back into my life or push him faraway for good this time. Just as all the thoughts were wildly running around in my mind he suddenly pulled me close and gave me a passionate kiss.

Our bodies trembled as we kissed each other with passionate desire. I could feel the intense desperation he held inside for me. We kissed with mad wild passion. His hands rested on my lower back as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His tongue pushed its way into my mouth dancing along in a sexy rhythm with mine. Our breath grew as the kiss did too. As much as I didn't want it to happen he stopped the kiss. He rested his forehead against mine. "I need an answer Jazmin...Who do you want?". I thoughtfully looked down as a moment of silence between us stood by. Finally I spoke, "I have decided".

After sharing my decision with him. I stood aside feeling completely frozen as I watched him walk away. Tears fell down my face knowing that was probably the last time I would ever see him again. My heart kept yelling out loud to run after him but my mind contradicted me. I knew the best way to let go of everything I was feeling for James was to let go of him. It was difficult to watch his shadowy figure slowly disappear in far distance. James had left me with a precious jewel that was worth more than my life and that was Aquamarine. I will forever remember him. He might've vanished out of my life physically but all the memories of us I held inside my mind and heart would live on in me till the day I die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
83.7K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...
5.5K 429 51
"I'm always sweet babe. You just never noticed." He said with a wink. "It's Alley, not babe. Now bye. I gotta go." I placed emphasis on Alley and bab...
100K 1.6K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...