Dating The Fame

By _Leahh

Can Genesis deal with the slander from the media, obsessive stalkers, betrayal and the trust issues? All of t... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: G Shit
Chapter 2: Drunken
Chapter 3: Making A Move
Chapter 4: Don't Mind
Chapter 5: All The Stars
Chapter 6: Cravings
Chapter 7: I Am Not
Chapter 8: The Kiss
Chapter 9: Gardening Tool
Chapter 10: Brother
Chapter 11: Mine
Chapter 12: Meeting the Fam
Chapter 13: Twitter Fingers
Chapter 14: NYC
Chapter 15: Intimacy
Chapter 17: Body II Body
Chapter 18: Blondie
My Heart
Chapter 19: Past
Chapter 20: Leaked
Chapter 21: Don't Look Back
Chapter 22: You Should Stay
Chapter 23: Different Now
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: The Weekend
Chapter 26: The Awards
Chapter 27: Opportunites
Chapter 28: Controlling
Chapter 29: Desperado
Chapter 30: Tore Up
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: Kick off
Chapter 33: Pride
Chapter 34: Monica
Chapter 35: Twenty-Three
Chapter 36: Twenty Three pt. 2
Chapter 37: Timing is Everything
Chapter 38: Mistake
Chapter 39: Chill Bill
Chapter 40: Substance
Chapter 41: Circle of Life
Chapter 42: Holiday
Chapter 43: VA

Chapter 16: Should've Told You

2.4K 94 74
By _Leahh

Chris,

I chuckled from the uncontrollable laughter that left Genesis' lips. As promised, I dedicated a day for her and anything she wanted to do. Surprisingly, Genesis' didn't want to do much. Most people would want to visit the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building but Genesis didn't care too much for either. Instead, she booked an early morning helicopter tour of the city that exceeded her expectations.

"Don't get me wrong, I still want to visit Coney Island. I just don't get the point of climbing thousands of stairs to get to the top of a building just to say you did it." Genesis explained while eating some of the grapes the hotel brought out for us.

We settled on going out by the pool to spend the day until later on tonight. I got a call from Ace to meet him and his folks in the studio for a song he wants me on.

"That's what New York is all about unless you're here for New Years." I mentioned as I swam to the end of the pool, resting between Genesis' legs with her feet in the pool.

"It makes sense why you don't want to though. I mean I can care less for it too," Monica shrugged.

EJ and Monica decided to join us because they spent most of the morning working since I cancelled all my appearances this week. Both music videos to Deuces and No BS dropped today due to my label finally agreeing to a album release date. With the release date known, I decided to save all the press for when the date is closer.

I was going to use the rest of the week to work on music with other artists, my clothing line, and possibly visit my aunt and mom up in VA. With that being known my manager and half my team went back home this morning, leaving the four of us and my body guard.

"Was anybody talking to her?" Genesis mumbles to me.

I snickered while pinching her thigh, "Play nice."

Monica actually has been friendly towards Genesis today. Only for Genesis to stay hostile towards her.

"She should've went back to LA with Mike," Genesis rolled her eyes.

"Aye, G, Jodi's in town." EJ mentioned from the shaded area. I mushed my eyebrows together as Genesis smiled and asked EJ where she was.

"Jodi, as in Trey's girl?" I questioned causing her to nod.

"Yeah I met her at Soulja's party. She's pretty nice." She said says while running her hands through my slightly straight hair. "I swear you make things so unfair."

I scrunched up my nose. "Excuse me?" She laughs at my confused expression.

"Babe you got freckles, high cheekbones and silky hair? Its unfair." She huffed while playfully frowning and crossing her arms.

I smirked while licking my lips. "Just say it. Say 'I'm one sexy ass dude'."

"Oh, whatever." She waved off while rolling her eyes.

"Say it." I egged on, her eyebrow shot up.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I won't." She huffed, hiding the obvious smile on her lips.

"Because it's true, I mean you thinking it anyway." I tease as I brought my hands down to her feet that was under the water.

"Chris....no." She sat up, becoming alert.

"If you don't want to get your hair wet then say it."

"Chris, noo." She whines while poking her bottom lip out. I tugged on her heel as she gasps.

"Say it."

"Okay, Okay! You're sexy." She laughs while pressing her hands on my chest and shoving me back.

I pursed my lips. "Hmm, what you think E?" I asks glancing up behind Genesis at EJ who stood behind her with a sinister grin.

Genesis jumped and quickly tried to stand up, instead EJ shoved her from behind as I took her hands and pulled her down into the pool. Both EJ and I laughed hysterically since the first thing she did was pinch her nose and puffed up her cheeks with air.

As quick as she went down, the quicker she popped up. Gasping for air as her hands instantly went up, waving in the air, swinging at me.

"Baby," I called out to her as she splashed the water.

"Chris!" She yelped as her hands hitting the water made loud slapping echoes. Me and EJ's laughter began to cease from the panic look on Genesis' face as she called out for us.

"Oh shit." I cursed as I reached for her small frame to pull her closer to me.

She fought against me and the water causing water to pull her under as she occasionally gasped for air. EJ jumped in—now alarmed—and attempted to help Genesis up before she sunk into the deep in.

"Is she drowning?!" Monica exclaimed from the far end of the pool. Monica voice came off frantic causing my heart to race. EJ and I both caught onto Genesis arms and pulled her up and out the side of the pool.

Once Genesis was out she coughed up water while still gasping for air. A sigh of relief left my lips as EJ took her towel and wrapped it around her body.

"Fuck, Genesis you scared the shit out of me." I groaned while subconsciously pulling her body closer to mine.

"I never did tell you I don't know how to swim, huh?" She spoke hastily while giving off a weak smile.

I shook my head as we all sat in silence processing what exactly happened. We were all slightly skeptical about what to say or how exactly Genesis was feeling from her near drowning experience. It wasn't until we packed up and got on the elevator when Genesis snickered.

"Can y'all stop acting like somebody died? I'm okay." She retort causing all of us to share eye contact.

"I'm just confused. Why the hell did you ask to go to the pool if you don't know how to swim? Baby, you almost drowned. Well not almost, you did." I growled growing upset with her inconsiderate mistakes.

"Besides, aren't you from Florida?" EJ interjected.

"Okay, for one, just because I'm from Florida doesn't mean I know how to swim." She huffs, "Secondly, I wanted to go because I like being by the poolside sticking my feet in or playing in the shallow end. At least I can stand in there."

"But how old are you? Too old to not know how to swim." Monica scoffs while twisting her face up. I cut my eyes at Monica as Genesis clenched her jaw while rolling her eyes.

The elevator then dinged releasing us on our floor. Once the elevator doors slid open, Genesis and I went to the right while EJ and Monica turned left. I rested my hand on her waist as I unlocked the hotel door, allowing her space to walk in.

"It's not that I can't swim at all, I just never really learned." She spoke up as she flopped down on the bed. "I always wanted to though."

I smile. "I'll teach you."

"What?" Genesis laughs as I nod.

"Yeah, I mean it doesn't have to be right now this minute but I do have a pool at my house."

Genesis raised her eyebrow. "No offense but shouldn't a professional teach me? I mean I'm not the easiest learner." I shook my head while taking a seat next to her.

"It shouldn't be too hard." I shrugged. "But is there anything else I should know before putting you in danger? Allergic to latex or some shit?"

Genesis laughs while playfully nudging me.

"Fortunately that was it." She sighs while shaking her head. "That was kind of embarrassing though."

I bit my lip seeing as Genesis fiddled with her fingers. Licking my lips, I gripped her waist and pulled her into my lap for her to straddle me. I stared up into her warm brown eyes as she stared down at my bare chest.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I don't really know how to ski."

Genesis rolls her eyes. "Wow, like that isn't normal."

"What?" I laugh as she tried to stand up only for me to tighten my grip on her thighs.

"I don't know how to ski either! So no it doesn't make me feel better."

"Okay," I pretend to think. "Um, how about this? I don't know how to skate." I mention thinking of the first lie I could.

"Really?" She asks as a small smile formed its way on her lips, I laugh.

"Really really."

I watched as her soft brown lips curved into sly smile. I almost felt guilty for lying to her but it obviously worked.

"Okay, so you'll give me swimming lessons and I'll give you skating lessons."

"Oh I don't know if I'm ready to start breaking my ankles." I tease causing her to snicker.

"Well that's better than drowning." She says sternly causing my body to stiffen.

Instead of replying I kissed her collar bone gently while my hands roamed down to her bikini bottom. Genesis bit her lip and pressed her lips against mine, kissing me passionately due to our intimate position.

I tighten my arms around her waist in a reassuring matter, pushing away all thoughts of what could've been. Genesis caught on to the matter as she pulled away from the kiss before pecking my lips one more time, she hovered over my ear.

"Because of you, I'm okay." Her angelic voice relaxing my muscles.

Genesis,

Chris managed to order room service while I was in the shower and I sort of regret telling him to get whatever. This man literally ordered whatever, almost one of everything. We had burgers and fries, nachos, fudge brownies, chicken wings, and onion rings.

I didn't have much of an appetite so I casually ate some fries while fixing my hair in the mirror. Thanks to EJ and Chris I had to flat iron and curl all over again. Had the whole hotel room smelling like hair.

The bathroom door swung open revealing Chris so casually in his briefs with his towel around his neck. He ran the towel over his hair roughly as he flopped down on the bed.

"Bae did you eat?" He questioned staring at me through the mirror.

I shrugged. "Just a littl—" I couldn't even finish my sentence before Chris tossed his towel in my direction causing me to duck. "Boy!"

"Girl!" He mocked. "You need to eat, Genesis."

This guy witness one almost traumatic experience and all of a sudden he's my daddy.

"Chris, I'm fine," I snickered. "I said order whatever because I wasn't really hungry anyway."

"But you need something in your stomach."

I shook my head as he tried to continue to lecture me. The entire time he spent getting dressed he talked about having something in my system. I found it cute how caring he is and how he manage to take care of everyone around him.

This morning I overheard him speaking to one of his friends on the phone, insisting they could stay over at his place for however long they needed. It's a considerate decision but I feel as if Chris needs to be careful and cautious for freeloaders.

After we both attempted to eat majority of the food, we left the hotel to head to the studio. Chris wanted to drive his Lamborghini rental while EJ, Monica and Jodi followed behind in Pat's truck. As Chris drove he blasted some of his unreleased music that would fall onto the album.

"Are you foolish? Girl I'm the only one like me on the planet. It don't take rocket science to understand it." He sang. I sat back in my seat admiring how passionate he is behind his music.

When we arrived to the studio right outside of the city, the sun had manage to set and the streets lit up. Chris parked his car along the curb and took his hand into mine as he lead us into the concealed building.

"Genesis I see you have your color back," Monica broke the silence in the elevator.

EJ and I kissed our teeth as Jodi stared between us, confused.

"What happened?" Jodi asks.

"Monica, shut up, seriously." Chris grumbled as the doors slid open and he tugged on my hand to follow after him. "I'm really considering sending you back to LA."

"I wasn't saying it in a conspicuous sense." She huffed under her breath.

I smirked to myself as Chris knocked on the black door twice in a hallway filled with artists achievements on the wall. The decor was a black, and gold themed and with very little furniture out to keep the room spacious.

"About time you got here." The door swung open as Ace Hood smiled and took in Chris' free hand and pulled him into a bro hug.

"Nigga you said be here at 7." Chris jokes as Ace laughs and widen the door to allow all of us in.

"What's good y'all," Ace respectably nodded towards us before waving Chris over to the soundboard. Releasing my hand from his, Chris and Ace headed for the booth. The rest of us stepped along the back towards the large sofa.

A few girls occupied half of the couch but that didn't shock me. What did was to the far left of them sat Lil Wayne, Lloyd and Tyga rolling up. I've met Tyga before but I was still quite stunned to see them all sitting there like normal. Logan and Serenity would kill me if I met Lloyd and Lil Wayne and didn't get a picture.

"Genesis?"

"Hm?" I turned my daze from the nearest celebrities to everyone I came with, to see them conversing between themselves.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned towards Chris only for my view to be blocked by a tall masculine figure hovering over me. Staring up from his large Timberlands to his goatee, an old friend from high school grinned down at me.

"Nathan?" I smiled standing up to meet half of his height.

"Damn girl, how you been?"

I snickered as he pulled me into a hug. Nathan Owens. I met him my sophomore year and his junior year, he was best friends with Wyatt. Girls used to go crazy over those two together, the light-skin and cocky with the brown-skin and low-key.

Nathan has always attractive been attractive with his mocha smooth skin and small yet plump lips. Whenever he laughs he'll lick his lips that'll put a girl in a daze. Back in school he used to keep a low cut fade but now he grown his hair out to fit the trends.

"Good, how are you? You've been living out here all this time?"

"Yeah, I was actually planning on coming down to Henderson to visit old stomping grounds." He says while scratching the back of his neck.

"Trust me when I say nothing has changed." I snickered causing him to laugh.

"Crazy." He chuckles. "You still with Jay-Z 2.0?" He questions referring to Raheem.

I laugh lightly at his reference before two muscular hands grip my shoulders, massaging them lightly while a pair of soft lips landed on my cheek. I blush lightly as Chris strong cologne filled my nostrils forming butterflies in my stomach.

"Actually," I started.

"What's up, man. Y'all two know each other?" Chris asks as he held his hand out for Nathan to dab.

I nod while turning my body to face Chris more as he stared at Nathan. "We went to high school together. Chris this is Nathan, he used to be best friends with my cousin. And Nathan I'm sure you know of Chris—we're together."

Nathan eyebrow shot up. "Like together together?" I nod feeling the awkward tension raising as Chris wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Nathan caught on to the motions and smirks while crossing his arms. I assume he felt as if he intimidates Chris but I honestly believe Chris is just an affectionate person. I'm used to his hold on me and honestly becoming obsessed with it. His touch, his smell and his lips were all so addictive.

I just hope that this relationship doesn't turn from him holding on to me. To him having a hold on to me. When my feelings for him get serious and I can only hope he feels the same.

"Chris you ready, man?" Ace exclaimed catching our attention. Chris nods and loosen his grip before placing a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth dashing towards the recording room.

I smile from his small gesture and watch as he and Ace began discussing the song. I turn to Nathan as he smiled down at me with a subtle smile.

"I see we have a lot to catch up on, huh?"

I blush as his gaze goes from my head to my feet before he nods towards Chris. Sometimes it even shocks me that I'm with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 321 42
Aaliyah got lost and ran into you so you help her find her dad, she likes you so you get a job offer to become her nanny but what will happen when yo...
25.7K 1K 33
πŸ‡―πŸ‡² Meet Amari Osaka Her family is pretty much Jamaican royalty, however she wants to live an almost normal hard working life, so she moves to Amer...
2.5K 181 22
Cookie and Lucious have known each other every since Pre-k. Their parents have always been close and in school people always teased them about liking...
87.5K 2.5K 119
Is she too damaged to ever trust and love again or does this dark haired stranger rewrite the stars.