Salem Academy of Sorcery (Har...

By Slytherinwitch13

"Few people can say they have managed to escape death once, but not many can say they have escaped death twic... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three: End of Part One
Part Two: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Fourteen

8.7K 456 78
By Slytherinwitch13

 Hi everyone! So sorry for the very long wait, usually I'm faster! Hope you like this next chapter x I estimated this story to be 19-20 chapters so around 6 more left! Let me know your thoughts!

Chapter Fourteen

The weeks dragged on. Nothing. Absolutely no word on how Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, or anyone else was doing. Ginny had to return to Hogwarts. She told me how her mother didn't want her to go back, but she had to for herself. A few students there were having secret practices and she explained that it was a good way for them to get inside information. She didn't want to leave her friends. Idella was very sad to see her go, the two have become like sisters. I really liked Ginny. She was brave for going back after how terrifying Hogwart's was under Snape and the Death Eater's control. But she had her reasons, and if I had the same reasons I would have gone back as well.

Kent was always talking to Remus, Bill, and Arthur. It was almost in a secretive manner. Whenever I came close, he would stop talking and walk away or change the subject. Whenever I asked he said it was nothing and that they were just talking, but I could tell it wasn't nothing. He told me he asked them to make sure Nephele was safe, but something more was there. Although in the moment I was just happy to be with him. Charlie was still sad about Luna but he was slowly getting back to his usual self, if anything it made him more determined to get out there and help. Yet he wasn't allowed, considering he was wanted for being a muggleborn.

Idella, Charlie, and I were sitting out on the deck going through some textbooks Remus dropped off. He wanted us to dig deep into these dark spell books and see if we found anything worth noting. They were ones the Dark Lord read while he was at Hogwarts from the Forbidden section of the library. I was actually thrilled to be assigned to this job. Despite the horrid spells in the books, I was grateful to be able to read them as they were one of a kind forbidden textbooks. The spells in the particular book I was reading was on torture. It wasn't as if I was ever going to put these to use, but damn it was interesting. I made sure to take a lot of notes on information I found important for the order but it was hard to narrow it down. "Oh my..." Idella was muttering as she read. I believe her book was on dark spells involving animals. I probably should have switched with her as she was cringing.

"Want to switch?" I offered knowing it was bothering her.

"Um," she said seeming to consider it. "No it's alright. I just have to accept it."

Charlie was intensely reading his book he didn't seem to hear us talking.

"Idella do you mind coming in here?" Remus called. She looked at me curiously.

"Yeah be right there," she answered getting up from her book. Idella left the table and went inside as I noticed a blonde haired girl leaving from the side of the house. For a second I thought it may have been Fleur, but I could then easily tell it was Selina. She was moving quickly and had a bag with her.

"I'll be back," I said to Charlie yet he didn't even notice we left. I moved quickly as my feet hit the sand catching up to Selina. "Selina!" I called. She flinched and turned to look at me. Her face confirmed my suspicion that she was trying to escape. "You're leaving?" She didn't say anything. "And where do you think you'll go exactly? You can't apparate. We're miles from anywhere."

"Look I don't want to be here anymore, okay?" she snapped back. "I see the looks I get. They don't trust me."

"That's not true," I somewhat lied. They knew she was harmless, but also knew her family background.

"Yes it is," she stated. "I'm not an idiot. I just don't want to be here. I'm worried about Cole and where he is."

"Do you really think you'll find him? And if you do find him it won't be under great circumstances." We were miles away from anything. What was she going to walk? "Plus he'll be pissed. He told you to be safe."

"No one's safe," she replied smartly.

"You're safe here," I told her. "And we promised him we would keep you safe. So just stay here for a little longer. If it helps I don't think we will be here much longer. Something has to change right?" She just shrugged. "Selina you can't leave. We promised Cole to keep you with us. Think of how mad he'll be if you leave. Just wait it out a little longer." She stood there and stared out at the ocean. I didn't leave in case she continued walking.

"Whatever," she muttered lowering her bag and walking back towards the house. I understood being here was hard for her, but I made a promise I was going to keep. Cole saved not only my life, but also Kent's. I owed him.

When I got back into the house I went to see what was up with Idella. She was smiling widely but when she saw me, her smile faded a bit. "Hey," was all she said as I got closer. I gave her a curious look. "So you'll never guess, I just got offered another mission. We're going to meet with the werewolves...you know, convince them to join our side." It sounded dangerous but also right up Idella's alley. Yet why was she acting so strangely?

"That's awesome," I answered. "Do-do you think they'd let me come too?" I added unsurely. I was getting impatient waiting around. Maybe they would let me go on the mission as well. Before Idella could say anything, Arthur Weasley was entering into the room.

"Actually no," he answered. "I'm very sorry Bradley. I'm sure you would be a great addition to their trip but it's too dangerous for you and Charlie to join." I nodded understanding. I felt rather useless though hanging around, at least we got to read the books for them.

"I understand," I said. "How long are you gone for?"

"Not sure," Idella responded. "It could be a few days, could be a few weeks, you never really know I guess." Nodding again, I was sad to see her go. Kent was standing in the room, looking at me with a smile but I could tell something was up. Remus distracted Idella and I walked over to Kent.

"What's been going on with you?" I asked him. Before he could say anything I added, "And don't say 'nothing'." He sighed.

"Alright," he said nodding with a fading smile. "I'm going with them."

"What?" I gasped unable to control my shock.

"Bradley-"

"You're going?" I continued is shock. I noticed I gathered the attention of everyone around me but at the moment I didn't care. "How is it even safe for you to go? You're in the same situation I am with escaping the Death Eaters."

"I'm older-"

"By a year!" I cut him off again. "We're both over seventeen. It's dangerous and-"

"Bradley," Remus cut in. "I know you're upset, but Kent is now an official member of the Order." So that's what he has been whispering about with them all along? He wanted to join. I knew he wanted to help the cause by why didn't he tell me in the first place?

"But how is it safe for him?"

"We can only take limited numbers. He has a great deal of knowledge on werewolves, I tested him and everything." One of his electives was particularly on werewolves, no wonder. "We don't have time to train anyone else on the subject. This is very important. We needed someone else who would understand how to deal with them when we find them. Bill, Kent, Eric, Idella, and I are the only ones going."

"Why Eric and Idella?" I pressed angry at the situation.

"We trained Idella over the summer on werewolves and vampires. And well Eric..." Remus paused. "Eric is in the same state I am." So Eric was a werewolf? I'm surprised Idella didn't even tell me considering how friendly the two have become. "I promise you we will be safe. If things go as planned, we will be back within the week."

"Okay," I said dully and left the room to head back to my book. Kent looked as if he was about to follow me but saw the look on my face and stopped. At this point I didn't want to be followed. I went back to my book and wanted to be alone for the moment.

That night I was laying sitting in the living room with Selina. Finally someone to mop with. Idella apologized and I told her she had nothing to apologize for. She was doing what she needed to, so currently she was up in our room studying even more on werewolves. I heard footsteps and wondered if it could be her.

"Bradley can I talk to you?" came the voice of Kent. I sighed and Selina looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"I was getting tired anyway," she said getting up and leaving. Kent walked in front of me and sat down closely next to me.

"You're mad," he stated.

"I'm mad because you didn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything," I said.

"I know. I knew you would be mad and didn't know how to break it to you. I didn't even know if this whole mission would happen so I wanted to wait and explain. I promise we will be safe and as quick as we can." I nodded. He leaned in and kissed me. "Whatever it takes to help end this war right?"

"Yeah," I said nodding in agreement. Everyone wanted to play their part. "I love you," I added kissing him back.

"I love you too," he said.

They were gone before I woke up. They left around three in the morning to make good timing. I was sad to see them go. A week passed and I was still hopeful they would be back soon, but then even more weeks passed. Fleur was getting anxious as well. I was glad Selina, Charlie, and I were here to keep her company. She got a message from Bill. They were safe but having a hard time convincing the werewolves to join them. At least they found them and we knew they were safe. If only they would come home sooner. Then we got another letter. From Fleur's face, I could tell it was bad. Idella was bitten by a werewolf.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 124 18
This is the 2nd Book in Phoenix Evans Series so if you haven't please read "Phoenix Evans" Nix is back once again this time with a friend...
9K 129 26
It's your 6th year and you have been friends with Malfoy since the first year but this year something is off and you don't feel right around him. You...
3K 6 44
Blake Sable journeys to Hogwarts, meeting new friends, and making enemies, having a blast, but also a disaster. As he tries to find the love of her...
64.2K 1.1K 37
Hermione Granger had always been in love with a Weasely and the other had always been her best friend along with Harry. What happens when the one she...