cosmic love // e. gilbert 3.

By MaryBravo200

It felt like a dream. Having Elena Gilbert's love. Holden lived a full summer for once in his life. With Damo... More

COSMIC LOVE
PART I
Playlist
1. Best Summer Yet
2. When Boyfriends Come To Visit
3. Annoying Dreams
4. Our Little Witch
5. The Royalty's Betrayals
6. Ikea Sink
7. Three Doppelgängers, what could go wrong?
8. Cannibals
9. Stuck
10. One And Only
11. Last Day Of Happiness
12. Sudden Breakups Cause Ugly Decisions
13. Dark Side
14. Help For The Reckless Brother
15. Possessed Girlfriends
16. Back Together Or Not?
17. A Break Through
18. Even More Annoying Dreams
19. Too Much Broken Hearts
20. Never Have I Ever
21. I Need You Now
22. Gone
PART II
Playlist
1. Remember Me
2.1 Forget Me
2.2 Cherish Me
3. Meet Me
4. Take Me
5. See Me
6. Find Me
7. Hate Me
8. Shock Me
9. Adore Me
10. Fight Me
11. Love Me
12. Talk To Me
13. Be With Me
14. Let Go Of Me
15. Stay With Me
17. Befriend Me
18. Surprise Me
19. Imagine Me
20. Do It With Me
21. Hurt Me
22.1 Hold Me
22.2 End Me
THE END AND THANK YOU

16. Scare Me

950 47 1
By MaryBravo200

----------

-----------

Grandson - Blood//Water

"We'll never get free
Lamb to the slaughter
What you gon' do
When there's blood in the water."

HOLDEN CRUSHED BONNIE'S BONES AS HE HELD HER TIGHTLY IN HIS EMBRACE. Damon smiled slightly as Bonnie chuckled managing to pull away to look him in the eyes.

Holden let out a laugh once again as his excited eyes moved to Damon. "I can't believe it," he said as Bonnie walked over to Izzie and hugged her too.

When Holden and Izzie finally talked things out they came back to find Bonnie, who came back. "You got our message," Holden realized as he couldn't stand in one place.

"I did," Bonnie smiled widely when she pulled away from Izzie. "Izzie, you should've seen how much Damon talked about you during our time there."

Damon rolled his eyes slightly as Izzie went to hug him. Holden smiled and glanced at his older brother once again. He held a weird face which instantly made Holden suspicious. "Everything okay, Damon?" Holden asked as Bonnie looked at the raven haired vampire, who just cleared his throat and nodded his head.

"He's just shocked," Bonnie smiled tightly as she then smiled at Holden. "How's Elena?"

A big grin appeared on Holden's face as he realized she didn't know about Bonnie coming back. "Of course! I'm such an idiot. I have to call her," he took his phone out but before he could call Elena, Stefan called him. "Yes, Stefan. You have no idea what I'm about to tell."

"Me too."

CAROLINE TURNED HER EMOTIONS OFF WHICH COMPLICATED A LOT OF THINGS. The next day Holden was walking through the Whitmore campus, waiting to meet Elena as he wrote her a message on the phone. Not looking where he was going, he accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry," he mused as he raised his eyes to see a certain blonde girl.

"Hello there," Caroline smiled with an empty look on her face causing Holden to slowly put his phone into his jeans pocket. "What brings you here this lovely day?"

"Elena," he answered. Holden wanted to be safe with words around the blonde because he knew how it felt not to feel anything. Sometimes he missed that but Elena, his brothers and Izzie were his anchors in keeping emotions on the line. "I heard you ripped the cord."

Caroline giggled as Holden knew what Caroline had done to Elena the night she turned it off. He wasn't pissed because he understood the blonde completely but he feared she'd hurt Elena even worse. "And I know you're pissed that I snapped your girlfriend's neck."

"Not really," Holden shook his head with a sly smile causing Caroline to raise her eyebrows up. "I get you, Caroline. You wanted, no, had to escape. But next time I won't tolerate you hurting what is mine."

Caroline then laughed as she took a few steps closer towards Holden. "What exactly does Elena have that you're so whipped for her?"

Holden felt Caroline's cold fingers on his neck as he stared down at the suggestive eyes of the girl. "Hm," he only mused.

"Holden!" Elena suddenly shouted as she rushed out of the building of her dorm room.

Caroline pulled away as Elena ran towards Holden and stopped right in front of Caroline, wrapping her arms around Holden's torso.

He smiled down at her and kissed her head as he met Caroline's eyes before she rushed off. Elena pulled away with a glare to see that the blonde was gone already. "What was she telling you?" Elena snapped because she got jealous when she saw Caroline so close to Holden.

"Nothing special," he teased the love of his life who scoffed and pulled away a little, but Holden grabbed her waist and brought her closer towards himself.

"I just don't want her snapping your neck in the middle of this campus," Elena commented as she raised her brown eyes up at him.

"She wouldn't have. I would've been faster," he said as he smiled at her rolling her eyes. "I feel like you got jealous of her touching me. Hm?"

"What if I did?" Elena shrugged as Holden rested his nose on the side of her face with a big grin. "You got jealous when I was with Liam. It's a payback."

"Is it now?" he chuckled as he kissed her temple lovingly causing her to laugh. "Don't worry, baby. You're the only one who's allowed to snap my neck."

Elena laughed in delight as she turned to face him as she rested her hands on his arms wrapped around her tightly. "I better be," she stated so Holden kissed her on the lips passionately.

The two continued to kiss before Elena pulled away. "Hi," she finally greeted as he nodded his head with a smirk.

"How are you two holding out?" Holden asked as the two moved towards the benches while holding hands.

Holden sat down as he made Elena sit on his lap. She then placed her head on his chest as the two sat in silence, listening to the chilly autumn wind.

Elena loved how warm Holden was and with him she felt as if there was nothing wrong. "I'm sorry I came. I know how much you had missed Bonnie."

"Don't be. You sounded upset when we spoke on the phone," she answered as she played with his fingers. Holden rested his chin on top of her head as he sighed.

"Damon's hiding something from me. Just this morning I asked him where he was going with none other but Kai and they both just ignored me," Holden mused in annoyance as Elena raised her head up to look at him. "Damon carried a shovel. And I doubt he was gonna kill Kai."

Elena smiled slightly as he continued. "I tried to ask Izzie but she just smiled nervously, told me it's fine and left. I figure Bonnie knows something. Did she tell you anything?"

"No," Elena pursed her lips while shaking her head. Holden looked away with a face. "I'm not lying, I wouldn't lie to you."

"Okay."

Elena sighed and touched his cheek causing him to look at her. "You can talk with Bonnie yourself, okay? I'm sure she will tell you that it's just your imagination," she commented with a look causing Holden to realize how anxious he sounded. "Okay?"

"I'm sorry," he nodded then causing Elena to smile and lean towards his chest again. She smiled but Holden was looking ahead of himself with a bad feeling in his chest.

He had to find out what Damon was hiding.

DAMON WAS TALKING ON THE PHONE WITH STEFAN AS HE WAS IN HIS HOUSE WITH KAI AND IZZIE. "So, Saint Caroline keeps her halo even with no humanity?" Damon questioned Stefan.

"Yeah, until she snaps and strangles somebody with it," Stefan mused back stressfully.

Damon smiled towards Izzie as he leaned against the living room wall. "Well, I'm glad you're off my Izzie and into the blonde," he said with a look causing Izzie to glare at Damon. The couple then heard a crashing sound before seeing Kai going through some family antiques in the living room. "Even if Caroline does... Could be good for her to blow off some steam, thin the herd. Getting awfully crowded around here."

"Damon, if she kills somebody, I-"

Damon cut him off before Stefan could say anything more. "Not your fault, Stefan. By the time you figured out how you felt about her it was too late. She made her choice."

"Just do me a favor. Check around Mystic Falls, see if anybody's missing?" Stefan questioned calmly. "I called Holden and he said he'd check Whitmore but I doubt he will. He sounded worried about something."

"I will do it, brother," Damon smiled to himself and hung up. "Also a little later."

Damon then turned to Kai to see him pouring himself a drink. "Whew, yeah, why tell your brothers your mother's still alive? No, but I get it. Mom's in a prison world and therefore an evil psychopath. Don't want to ruin little brothers' perfect-mommy memory," Kai nodded his head sarcastically.

"I'll tell them both as soon as I know the truth."

"Truth..." Kai muttered as he sat down on the couch a little too close to Izzie causing her to glare at the witch.

Damon narrowed his eyes. "Which is why you're still here. Your sister sent me, Elena and Holdie back to 1994. You can send me back to 1903," Damon commented as Kai pursed his lips.

"Technically, yes, I am able to do that. But, I'll need the Ascendant for the 1903 Prison World," Kai commented as Izzie looked at Damon in worry. She was bad at keeping secrets and if Holden would ask her once again she'd spill it.

"Oh. As the newly elected president of the Gemini freaks, I assume you know where to get it," Damon said sarcastically as Kai shrugged. "So? Get it."

"It's my pleasure," Kai smiled before he loudly sipped his drink and gave Damon a look.

Izzie rolled her eyes knowingly. "You want something. What a shock."

Damon sat down across from them before he sighed sarcastically. "All right."

Kai leaned forward. "Well, ever since you told me Bonnie was back, I, uh, I can't stop thinking about her, all right?" he said as Izzie glanced at Damon in surprise. "What I did, how she is. It's really annoying. Look, I need to see her. I need to apologize, and you're gonna make that happen."

Kai then stood up and gave Damon a look as he walked out of the room.

Damon looked at Izzie in confusion before he stood up and sat down next to her instead. He kissed her cheek lovingly. "Why aren't you telling Holden that your mom might be alive?"

The Salvatore then let out a long and deep breath. "Because mom to Holden and Stefan was everything... They both adored her and when she died they grieved. I can't just dig up an old wound until I know more," he explained as Izzie raised her eyebrow at him.

"They? What about you? How are you feeling?" she asked while stroking his hair softly.

"Like she is the biggest liar there is. I'm done talking," Damon then stood up as he looked at her. "Don't tell Holden. Now... Where could we find Bonnie?"

Izzie only shrugged her shoulders as Damon mused.

IT WAS LATE ALREADY WHEN ELENA AND BONNIE ENTERED A WAREHOUSE. Loud music and strobe lights were blaring around the rave as the two security guards stood outside the rave pulled back a white sheet as the girls entered the full blown party.

Girls with painted faces and skimpy outfits, shirtless guys and glow-stick jewelry, and techno music surrounded them as they walked through the crowd. Everyone cheered loudly, laughed and danced, also drank heavily. "Okay, not exactly the Welcome Home party!" Elena yelled to Bonnie. "I was planning something else for you but - I think we should split up and look for Caroline."

Bonnie couldn't hear what Elena was saying because of the loud music. "Maybe we should split up and look for Caroline!" Bonnie yelled the same thing Elena had said.

The vampire girl laughed. "Good idea!" she said before mouthing 'good luck'. Elena then watched Bonnie walk away when suddenly someone wrapped their arms around her lower waist. "Hey, watch it!" she snapped before turning around to see Holden smiling at her.

The girl relaxed and gave him a playful glare. She then saw that Holden had a kiss mark on his cheek. The lipstick was visible because it was a neon green one. "Ah! Holden!" she exclaimed in fake anger as she wiped his cheek down before showing him her shinny finger.

Holden furrowed his eyebrows and touched his cheek before giving Elena an innocent smile. She rolled her eyes and started to clean the lipstick off of his cheek. "How long have you been here? I thought we'd meet later," she said as she used her sleeve to wipe him clean.

"I just came until one girl decided to jump on me," he rolled his eyes. "I had to compel and it's hard to compel a stoned person, Elena," he answered as she pulled away with a smile. "We should find Caroline."

"Yeah," Elena nodded and then Holden took her hand before the two started to make their way through the crowd.

The couple stopped when they saw Caroline having a good time as she danced with a guy. When the emotionless blonde finally spotted them, she started to vamp-out and was about to bite the guy's neck.

Elena tried rushing towards her but Holden grabbed her forearm and stopped her as he stared at Caroline who grinned devilishly at her. Elena looked torn. "I'm fine," Caroline whispered to the couple.

She then went back to dancing as Elena turned to Holden angrily. "She's playing with you," he commented seriously and then a shirtless guy approached Elena and started to dance up on her.

Holden rolled his eyes and pushed him off angrily causing the guy to fall on his butt. "She'll hurt someone if we don't stop her," Elena grumbled and walked away leaving Holden to stand alone with a face.

He glanced back at Caroline and walked away.

Later on, Holden was at a bar drinking when Stefan approached him. "Didn't expect to see you here," Stefan sat down on a chair next to his older brother before he ordered a round of shots.

"I'm not drinking alone, brother," Holden said as Caroline walked up from behind Stefan and sat down next to him with a smirk.

"Holden's been a lot of fun. He doesn't judge me tonight," Caroline grabbed one shot and drank it.

Stefan turned to Holden and glared at him but Holden only smiled and turned away from the bar to look at the ravers. Stefan did the same as they stared at one girl. "Well, she's certainly a look," Caroline noticed their looks.

Holden smiled as Stefan rolled his eyes. "Don't be jealous."

Caroline laughed as Stefan smiled at her. "You two should smile more. You're hot!" Caroline exclaimed as Holden and Stefan exchanged a look.

"Thanks, we know," Holden smiled tiredly as Caroline narrowed her eyes.

"And obviously, both of you are here to babysit me, but I've had less attractive babysitters," the blonde rambled as Stefan watched her intently. "Granted, they were old women, and I was eight..."

"I am not here to babysit you, Caroline. You know that already," Holden commented calmly but she wasn't having any of it.

"No, you're here because you have a never ending existential crisis, Holden," Caroline said dully as she turned to Stefan. "You, Elena and Bonnie are. You don't think that I can live a normal, humanity-less vampire existence without killing anyone, and you feel guilty for being such a royal ass at my mom's funeral."

Holden then got up from his seat and smiled at Caroline as he left Stefan to deal with her.

Holden was walking through the crowd when she saw Bonnie talking with Damon and Kai. He decided not to show himself but he did listen in about what they were saying. "Bon, did you hear what I said?" Kai asked Bonnie hopefully but she just looked back at him coldly.

"If I see your face again, I will melt it off," Bonnie glared at him threateningly and then stalked past them both, angrily using her magic to open the door before she stomped down the steps.

"I imagined that going a little differently," Kai let out a sigh as Damon glared at him dully.

Holden then appeared behind Damon causing him to smile sarcastically then turn around to greet his angry looking brother. "Why the hell are you rubbing Kai into Bonnie's face?" Holden snapped angrily as he glared at the witch. "After all the things he's done to her?"

"It's a secret," Kai said angrily and walked away leaving the brothers to speak alone.

Damon wanted to follow Kai but Holden grabbed his shoulder and spun him back to face him. "What the hell is going on, Damon?" he snapped angrily, tired of the secrets Damon's been holding. "Why are you hanging out with Kai suddenly?"

"Not now. I have to find Bonnie," Damon said in a rush but Holden's grip on Damon's shoulder threatened Damon not to leave. "Let go of me, Holden."

"No."

Damon then sighed, knowing he would regret it. He pushed Holden off of him causing Holden to fall to the floor right near Elena who was coming their way. "Damon!" Elena shouted angrily as she rushed towards Holden who was glaring at Damon.

The oldest Salvatore only shook his head and left as Elena kneeled down besides Holden who didn't pay attention to her. "Are you okay?" she asked as he only brushed her hand off and stood up.

Holden was about to go but Elena grabbed his hand. "Holden, I need your help. Caroline has Liam and Sarah Salvatore compelled and they're gonna kill each other if we don't find them. Please."

Holden turned to her in shock of the name Sarah Salvatore. He knew who she was but he had no idea she was this close to Caroline or Elena. He then nodded so the two left.

THE COUPLE WERE WALKING THROUGH THE WHITMORE HOSPITAL AS HOLDEN TRIED TO LISTEN IN. Elena called Stefan then but it was Caroline who answered the call. "Stefan's phone?" she mused brightly as Elena caught up with Holden who was walking in quick steps with an angered face.

He wanted to be done with things and the hiding game wasn't helping. "Caroline, where are they?" Elena snapped as Holden stopped walking causing Elena to almost bump into him.

"Hey. You're gonna be a doctor, right? How long can one live without their heart?" Caroline questioned curiously. "Maybe, like, three seconds tops?"

"She's gonna let her die, Elena," Stefan spoke from the other side of the phone as Holden noticed pain in his voice.

"We can't find them, Stefan. We're running out of time!" Elena yelled as there was a slight pause.

"Bring me back," Stefan then told Elena as Holden turned to look at Elena.

"What? Stefan, what do you mean?" Holden grabbed Elena's phone to put it to his ear. "Bring you back from where?"

"Holden..." Stefan trailed off, afraid. "Just please remember to bring me back. And don't be mad."

"No.... No, no, no, Stefan," Elena shook her head as she stared at Holden's terrified eyes because just then he realized what Stefan meant. "No, no, no. Holden, tell him not to do it!"

"I will," Holden told Stefan and then the couple heard a clatter coming from one of the doors. Elena rushed towards the noise to find Liam covered in blood, an open wound on Sarah's chest, and bloody instruments all over the floor.

"Oh my God!" Elena shouted with a horrified face as Holden rushed into the room.

Liam was terrified as tears formed in his eyes. "Elena, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I'm doing."

"Just stop," Elena snapped in frustration and turned to see Holden feeding Sarah his blood as he stared at the girl's face with a look.

"I have to take out her heart," Liam mused as he looked upset but also in a daze. Liam then lunged for Sarah's chest to complete the task Caroline compelled him to do, but Holden just grabbed his wrists and broke them causing Liam to scream from the pain.

He fell to the floor as Elena stared at Holden at a loss for words. "Holden!" she shouted but then Sarah started to cough and became conscious again.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay," Holden told the girl as he glared at a crying Liam who was laying on the floor with his wrists broken.

Elena then pulled out her phone and dialed Stefan's number. "Hello?" Stefan answered the call causing Holden to snap his head towards Elena.

"Stefan, hey, thank God. We found her... I... she's gonna be okay."

"Oh, really?" Stefan mused as Holden marched towards Elena and took the phone out of her hands.

Elena looked confused as Holden breathed out painfully and put the phone to his ear. "Let Caroline tell it," Holden mused as he shut his eyes close with a torn expression.

"Okay, I will," Stefan chuckled and then Caroline laughed.

"He shut if off," Caroline giggled and then hung up the call causing Elena to stare at Holden in shock.

DAMON WAS SITTING BY THE FIRE WITH A DRINK IN HAND AS THE DOORS OPENED AND KAI ENTERED. Damon didn't even look at him. "Not even Izzie can bother me now because I'm not in the mood for the preamble- but do tell me why my mom's stuck in 1903."

"You're not bringing your mom back," Kai then sighed as Damon turned to look at him finally.

"That's odd. Sounds like you just asked me to kill you."

Kai looked quite torn and sad for what he was about to tell Damon. "You requested a truncated version, so I respectfully jumped to the end."

Damon stood up and started to walk towards him. "And why aren't we bringing her back?"

"Because there are only two prison worlds in existence," Kai explained seriously. "Mine, created in 1994, and the one created in 1903 for the sole purpose of locking up your mom and her closet full of crazy-pants."

Damon then attacked Kai at vampire speed, grabbing him in a choke-hold and pinning him up against the wall. "You said we'd get her back," he sneered furiously.

"I'm telling you, as a semi-sane person, you really don't want that," Kai answered sympathetically.

Damon tightened his grip on Kai. "And I'm telling you, as a vampire who eats people, you really don't want to piss me off."

Kai looked at him with a concerned and guilty expression. "I'm trying to save your life."

"Tell me how to get her back!"

"Your mom's a Ripper, okay?" Kai finally admitted as Damon's eyes widened in shock and disbelief. "She's a Ripper."

Damon then released him, still stunned. "She turned in 1858, faked her death, went to Europe, where she went a little nuts," Kai said sadly because he did feel bad for Damon.

"No," Damon whispered.

"Bodies piled up, she moved, killed some more, until she had to move again," Kai then sighed. "They think 3,000 in total."

Damon held his head down. "That's enough," he whispered but Kai wasn't shutting his mouth.

"And, for some reason, my coven made it their duty to stop her. So, they cut her off at New York Harbor before she could tear through Manhattan. Granted-" Kai then chuckled nervously. "By the time they got to the ship, they found everybody dead. It was so gruesome they had to burn it there at the harbor-"

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!" Damon shouted in denial as he raised his eyes up to see Holden standing behind Kai, his mouth open and eyes glazed with tears. Damon looked distraught when he saw his younger brother standing there.

Kai turned around to see Holden there. He looked genuinely bad that he had to tell them the information and guilty for hurting them. "I guess I should show myself out," Kai mused quietly as he quickly left the two brothers to face each other.

Holden then took one step forward and stumbled as Damon stared at him, unable to say a word. "How long... How long did you know?" Holden asked quietly as a tear escaped his eye.

"Holden..." Damon shook his head as he looked down as pain grew inside his chest as if he was about to have a heart attack.

Holden then took a step back as he choked on his own words. "My mom... She's she..." he trailed off as he shook his head.

"I'm so sorry, brother, I really am," Damon began to head towards Holden who didn't let Damon approach him.

"I... I spoke at her funeral," Holden then said as he realized that everything he knew was a complete lie. The longing for his mother, the tears he shed, the times he went to her grave... Everything was a lie which made Holden feel empty. "I said goodbye... To a liar."

Holden then glanced at Damon for a another second and vamp sped out of the house. "Holden!" Damon yelled but he was gone.

Devastated, Damon fell back onto the floor and lowered down his head, ready to scream.

Vote, read, comment.

I know a lot of you might hate me for not updating this book in ages but please hear me out. I am on my last school year and exams are coming up so I don't have that much time to update and even if I do... I spend time with my family and friends. I have to admit that Season 6 is the last Season for Holden because I won't continue writing a 4th book as I once promised(I'm sorry for that). I'll try to finish this book this year or maybe in the next year's first month. I hope you understand. I love you all for still sticking to this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 593 38
After the tragic death of Damon Salvatore in Mystic Falls, Elena finds it harder to cope with her life. She try's coping, but its just too hard. Elen...
192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
322K 10.7K 50
Holden Salvatore was always distant from his two brothers Damon and Stefan. That happened after one girl named Katherine Pierce crossed their paths i...
156K 5.4K 51
Summer had passed with Stefan being gone. Elena felt lost without her boyfriend, and quite frankly the brothers did too. Holden's love for the brown...