Little Brave Hearts || Nevill...

By Youremymaimai

Raised with full of love and joy, Maykha Iglehart grew up pretty much contented with what she has, until one... More

Author's Note [Please Read]
Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY

37 3 0
By Youremymaimai

"Okay so, what's the plan?"

The five were alone in their common room, discussing what should they do about the Philosopher's Stone. With their exams done, they could finally focus on the matter that they had postponed long enough.

They knew quite for sure that it was already dangerous enough that the giant three-headed dog was guarding the trapdoor, making it impossible to pass but thanks to Hagrid they found out a simple trick on how to tame the beast.

"What plan are you talking about, Hermione?" asked Harry. "We sneak out later, get past Fluffy and protect the stone from Snape."

All of them had been working on the preparation for what they were about to do along with their examination, so now that the latter was done and finished, they were more than ready to face the three-headed dog and past through whatever it was protecting underneath.

However, looking at Neville, Maykha saw worry in his eyes that grew more and more obvious as time passed by. She knew he was uncomfortable with the whole thing, but she could mot quite get a good opportunity to ask him and check up on him.
...

One by one, they went down, back to the common room with Harry's invisibility cloak on Ron's arms. The only one missing now was Neville and they had no idea where the boy was since Harry and Ron were sure that they saw him went down.

"Where do you think Neville is?" Maykha asked as his presence was still missing. Just then, someone sitting on one of the armchairs rose up, and they all saw Neville.

"Oi Neville, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

Neville didn't move an inch instead he shook his head. "I'm not going nor will I let you!"

It came as a surprise for all of them, but perhaps Maykha somehow saw it coming judging by the boy's expression whenever they talked about what they had to do.

"Don't you understand? You're just going to get yourselves in trouble again and I don't want that to happen. I know that it's important for you guys to save the whole school, but if that means that you will sacrifice your life because of it then...then, I-I will fight you,"  Neville said, raising his fists as if he was really ready to fight them.

Maykha did not know what to do, but when she saw Hermione draw out her wand, it was too late for her to stop the girl.

"Neville, I'm really really sorry for this but Petrificus totalus," Neville suddenly became immobile and he was hardened like a rock.

"Must you really do that?" Maykha asked Hermione as she rushed towards Neville who fell on the floor to aid him.

"Maykha, there was no other way," Hermione argued, "Come on, we're running out of time!"

Maykha did not like the sight of Neville looking like that, laying on the cold floor after being so brave enough to go against his friends in an attempt to keep them off from danger.

"I'm not going too," Maykha suddenly blurted out, halting her other friends, "I mean, I can't. Not with Neville being like this."

"Not you too, Maykha." Ron said. 

"Look, Neville needs someone to stay behind for him. I have to cast a counter spell too. I really want to go as well, but Neville needs me," Maykha said, casting a glance on Neville who was still immobile.

Harry nodded. "We understand."

"Harry, Ron and Hermione, just promise me one thing. Please be safe."

Hermione smiled at her and hugged her tightly. "We will. Please tell Neville that I'm really sorry."

"I will."

When the three took a step away, she stopped them again for the last time. "Wait guys, I forgot to do something. Although, it might look silly, will you please hold my hand for a while?"

The three, though confused, followed what the girl told them to do and held her right hand. Maykha's left hand ventured towards her locket and closed her eyes.

"Sempera defendus"

Maykha felt something spreading from her chest to the tips of her fingers, it was as if something was moving out of her body. The moment she opened her eyes, she tried her best not to pant as she suddenly felt a little bit exhausted.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked, looking at his hands to inspect if something had changed.

"You both felt it too?" Hermione asked Harry and Ron, and they both nodded.

"What did you do, Maykha? I'm certain that I felt something, and I–"

"Stop talking, Harry. You've got no more time to spare. Now, go on and be safe."

It was only when the three finally went off that she allowed herself to fall to the floor. She suddenly felt weak, as if her energy got sucked out. It was the first time for this to happen, and it did not only make her confused, it also made her curious as to why it suddenly happened to her. With a bit of her strength recovered, she casted a counter spell for the full-body binding curse Hermione casted at Neville and everything went black.

Neville heard everything Maykha had said while his whole body was binded, and the counter spell she had casted worked on his body perfectly enough for him to catch her as she lost consciousness. He did not know what happened to her as she seemed fine just a moment earlier, but he figured it must have something to do with the weird incantation she did before their other friends left. He immediately carried Maykha and laid her on the sofa next to them, went upstairs to their dorm to snatch his blanket and covered his friend. Neville stayed with her as he sat on the floor, resting his chin on the the sofa where the girl was lying.

The light from the fire place flickered, giving a soft warm glow on the girl's face that Neville could not help but stare. He knew how much Maykha thirst for adventure and thrill, but she decided to stay for his sake. That made him tear up more than he wanted his eyes to do. He did not want his friends to go through with their plans of getting past whatever Fluffy was guarding because he was worried. Worried about the dangers they would face, worried about his friends getting hurt, and worse.

He tried to stop them knowing damn well they would not listened. He could only blame himself for not being brave enough to stand against them, as his voice was too little to change anything. Yet, Maykha stayed. Maykha heard his little voice. And for that, something felt warm inside his chest.

Neville was suddenly alerted when Maykha shuffled from her sleep, and a moment later, she had finally opened her eyes.

"Oh Neville, you're up," Maykha said, rubbing her eyes.

"You're the one who lost consciousness, not me," Neville said that must have brought surprise to her as she widened her eyes.

"I lost consciousness?"

"Yes, Maykha. How are you feeling now?" Neville asked.

"I don't know, I feel weak," she said in a small voice.

Neville wanted to do something for her, if only he could transfer all his energy to her, he would have done it already without a second thought. Unfortunately, all he could do was to stay and be there for her, just as she stayed for him.

"What do you think happened to them?" Maykha asked. Her question brought back the feeling of guilt in him, He knew more than anyone how important this task was not only for Harry, but for the whole school. Yet, he selfishly tried to stop them from saving them all, as his mind had only thought of what he could do to protect his friends.

Maykha perhaps knew the meaning behind his silence, so she brought her hands on his head and playfully patted it, "You were so brave earlier, you have no idea how proud I was of you."

Her words brought a smile on his face, "Thank you...but they did not listen."

"That's because they had to do this. Don't be upset, Neville, because I know for sure that they heard your voice loud and clear. I'm sure as hell that if I was the one who stopped them, they would have done the same. This is not the matter of not listening, Nevile, this is the matter of what needs to be done. I know you understand how important this is as this might save our world from danger."

Neville simply nodded as he tried to absorb everything she had told him, and he rested his chin back on the sofa, "Yeah, I think I understand."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
3.2K 158 22
The Start Of Everything BOOK 2 Sequel to 'The Rejected Veelas' Florrie and Lectora Black are back, starting 5th year with their friends. Last year wa...
13.9K 290 43
"Who is she?" "She is the heir of Godric Gryffindor and quite possibly the most powerful witch the world has ever seen." ...
40.8K 1K 46
After the war, everything changed. Not everything that Dumbledore tried to make happen happened. Wrong people died, wrong people lived. Dumbledore hi...