Once upon a Princess (Atypica...

By siesie_19

If you've come expecting a fairytale about Prince Charming, Fairy Godmothers, and evil parents; You may look... More

A/N (VERY IMPORTANT)!!!! SERIOUSLY!
CAST
1. Sister,Sister
2.Bump in the road
3. Good Samaritans
4. Adjusting
5. Hartley Household
6. Princess and the Hunter
7. Nice to Meet You
8. Swing-Sets and Skills
9. Me.
10. Truth or..?
11. Books Before Boys
12. All the Right Moves
13. Not a Party till the Princess shows up
14. Hangovers and Realizations
15. Tangled?
16. But... I can't
17. A familiar face
18. Judas
19. Missing Piece
20. Back to Square one
21. Let Bygones be Bygones
22. Birthday Celebrations 1.1
23. Birthday Celebrations 1.2
24. Birthday Celebrations 1.3
25. Birthday Celebrations 1.4
26. Can I get a refund?
27. Am I a Monster?
28. The First Stage
29. The Accomplice
30. My Achilles Heel
31. Crash and Burn?
32. I don't have a horse
33. Bee-moon?
34. Welcome Back 1.1
36. Starting to look a lot like Christmas
37. It's Christmas!
38. The Runaways
39. Lock me up
40. I Promise
EPILOGUE
Bonus (1)
Bonus (2)
A/N

35.Welcome Back 1.2

179 33 44
By siesie_19

ALEXA
Wednesday 19, December

To say that I was surprised was an understatement when I heard five knocks on my bedroom door.

The amount of knocks wasn't the surprise, but rather the pattern of knocks. Graham and I's secret combination.

"Come in!" I yelled. I sat up, tucking my legs under myself and I didn't even bother to brush my hair out of my face.

The door opened slowly, and Graham slid inside, closing the door as he scanned the room.

"What brings you to my room?" I chirped, gesturing for him to take a seat at the edge of the bed.

As he stepped closer, I got a full view of his new appearance. The neat and trimmed Graham was long gone.

This Graham had longer, curlier hair that reached the nape of his neck and he even allowed his beard to grow in. He was sporting a five o' clock shadow and it definitely made him look more mature.

"Wow, who the heck are you?" I said, with a snort as I unashamedly scoped him out.

His ego didn't seem to change however, he grinned and wriggled his brows.
"Full course meal right?"

I narrowed my eyes, "Yes and all for Isabelle, right?"

He snickered and waved an arm, "Yes Alexa, I'm a good boy. Not even your attempt of seductive bed-hair can phase me."

"Oh shut up!"I yelled, throwing a pillow at him. His reflexes were never on par. It hit him square in the face.

"I see you're still violent," He grumbled, rubbing his nose.

"What could possibly cause me to change?" I snickered at the hilarious assumption.

He lifted a shoulder, "Your Goldilocks."

I shook my head and scoffed, "Oh Graham, not even Nate can sway me from my violent tendencies."

I paused to chuckle at myself when I had a flashback of the multiple times he whined about my violent nature.

"And by the way, he's a brunet now."

Graham's jaw dropped slightly and at the sight of my smirk, he quickly composed himself.

"Damn. Now I have to think of more clever nicknames," He muttered, scratching his stubble.

"Are you going to answer my question?" I asked, changing the subject before he had time to craft anymore of his ridiculous names for Nate.

"Huh? What question?"

His brows creased inwards and he tilted his head to the side, resembling a puppy. And maybe for a milli-second I remembered, what I saw in Graham that made me like him.

Then I blinked and it was gone. I may have never truly liked him, maybe what we had was infatuation. We were merely connected physically, we never explored anything deeper, no true emotional connections like Nate and I.

"I asked why you're here Graham."

He pouted and crossed his arms-which looked considerably larger since the last time I saw them.

"Can't I just visit my favorite ex?"

"I'm your only ex," I pointed out.

He groaned while pinching the bridge of his nose with his forefinger, "You're difficult, you know that?"

I flipped my hair behind my shoulders and beamed, "Yup."

He shook his head at my childish antics and stared at me for some time with a thoughtful look.

"I-uh. Isabelle told me what happened." He started. He twirled a curl around his finger while he tried to meet my eyes.

"About the conference last week?" I supplied.

I got why he was hesitant to mention the topic, considering it was very sore subject.

Father had basically shut down any hopes of me finally being able to be with Nate.

I was still yet to mention the news to Nate, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. It was almost inhuman of me to crush his spirits when he was finally being optimistic.

"So what are you going to do?" Graham asked. He almost looked sad, he felt sorry for me and I hated feeling pitied.

I shrugged and ducked my head so that he couldn't see the tears pooling in my eyes.

How was I supposed to admit all the hope I had for the past few months was completely sniffed out, how was I supposed to admit that I completely gave up?

I never gave up, I was always a fighter, so why wasn't I still fighting?

"I think you should keep fighting."

I gasped and widened my eyes at Graham who was staring at me solemnly.

I surely wasn't thinking out loud, which meant only one thing.

Graham can read minds.

"No, I can't read minds," He laughed, his curls swishing all over his face.

"Ah! You did it again! How'd you know that I was thinking that? Oh my God! This is so cool! What am I thinking now?"

"Alexa."

"C'mon, just do it one more time, I promise I won't report you to the government."

"Alexa..."

"I'd give you a hint, it's a fruit."

"Alexa! Can you shut up!"

I flinched at his outburst and backed into my bedpost.

"Sorry, you wouldn't stop rambling." He muttered, his face crumbling into a grimace.

"I'm not a mind-reader," He added, " I can just read facial and body expressions pretty well."

Then how did he not pick up on the fact that I was unhappily in a relationship for over a year?

"You looked pretty defeated a few minutes ago, that's why I suggested you keep fighting. If you want to prove to me that you never changed... keep fighting for what's yours."

He outstretched his palm and I accepted it with a smile, "Thanks Graham."

He nodded and retracted his hand only to scratch his neck.
A nervous tick.

"What is it Graham?"

"There's one other reason I came to speak to you," He admitted sheepishly.

"Which is...?" I prompted.

He buttoned and unbuttoned the sleeve of his dress shirt for what seemed like an eternity before he answered.

"I need some advice. It's about Isabelle. Who else to come to other than her twin sister?"

"Good call, get comfy Graham. Class is in session."

                      << >>

"Don't go outside you idiot!" I yelled, throwing a few kernels in the direction of the television.

Of course the protagonist didn't listen to my lifesaving advice, and ran outside.

"I swear, these movies are so dumb," Isabelle scoffed, before shoveling a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"Yeah but you love watching them," I pointed out, nudging her back with my foot.

We were currently matching in our comfy cotton pajamas and mismatched socks.

Mellie had left an hour before after taking another nap in my bedroom. She seemed much better than the day before and was able to actually genuinely smile at me.

Maybe she was telling the truth, maybe she was only ever tired.

"Actually, I only watch these because you like them," Isabelle admitted with a shrug of her shoulder.

I gasped dramatically and threw myself on my back, so that I was lying beside her.

"I'm wounded," I whispered in her ear, "My whole life was a lie."

"Oh shut up you drama queen," She snickered, shoving some popcorn in my mouth.
A bloodcurdling scream attracted our attention to the scream where the protagonist was currently being stabbed to death by the serial killer.

"Told ya," I muttered, before reaching for another handful of the buttery popcorn.

We watched the rest of the show in comfortable silence and when the credits began to roll, Isabelle eagerly grabbed the remote.

"Let's watch a Christmas special!" She sang, sitting into a cross-legged position.

I stayed put, peering up at her through my wisps of hair.
"Christmas specials?"

She rolled her eyes and pushed my curls  aside so that I had a clear view of her amused expression.

"Yes. Christmas specials. You know? Episodes that are based upon Christmas. The worldwide holiday.... ring a bell?"

I shot up from the bed, landing on the plush carpet, and held onto Isabelle's shoulders.

"It's Christmas already?"

She lifted a shoulder, before pulling me back onto the bed.
"It'd be Christmas in like a week."

"That reminds me, I have to send Daphne in town with my Christmas gift list," She murmured, reaching for her phone.

"You're going to be at Kat's for Christmas this year again?" She asked offhandedly.

I pondered upon the reason she asked ,considering it was basically a tradition that I spent Christmas at Kat's home every year for the past five years.

"Yeah, most likely. Lemme ask her-"
I paused when I saw a few missed calls and messages from Nate.

"What? What is it?" Isabelle asked, peering over my shoulder to peek at my phone.

I shoved her away and quickly crafted a message to him.

Sorry, I'm having a sister movie night. Phone was on DND. Everything alright?

I drummed my fingers against my thigh nervously and released a relieved sigh when I saw him typing.

Yeah, just wanted to know if you were up to spending Christmas with me and the fam? I spoke to Kat and she said she'd be happy to cover for you.

"You're going to spend Christmas with them?" Isabelle asked.

I spun around to snap at her for peeping at my messages again but the look on her face made me falter.

"What's the matter with that?" I asked cautiously.

She didn't answer. She continued to stare at me with dropping eyelids and her down-turned lips.

"Belle?"

My phone chimed, displaying another message from Nate. I was more concerned about Isabelle's sudden mood change.

"Listen, if you're worried about me planning to stay with the Hartleys like the last time, then no need to. I'd be back before you know it!" I assured her, outstretching my arm.

She blinked and took a swift glance at my hand before completely ignoring it and lying back onto the bed.

I returned to Nate's chat and I didn't know why my heart felt so heavy as I typed an affirmative response.

Sure, I'd love to. See you Christmas Eve.

Isabelle had already selected a Christmas special by the time I had returned my phone to the dresser.

"Belle? Please, talk to me. What's the matter?"

"It's nothing. Let's just watch this together yeah? Times like this are very rare." She snapped, angling her face away from my line of sight.

I didn't know where this newfound hostility was coming from, and I wanted nothing more than Graham's insightfulness at the moment.

She definitely was a bit more moody like he complained about earlier, but I knew that this time the mood was triggered. By something I did.

"Sorry," She muttered. She grabbed the remote and navigated her way through the recordings until she found a special show.

I couldn't stop the smile from forming when the opening credits began to play.

"Apology accepted."

I snuggled up next to her as our favourite Christmas special-How the Grinch stoke Christmas- began to play.

"And I'm sorry, for whatever I did," I whispered as I reached for her arm.

The corner of her lips hitched upwards in a lazy attempt of a smile, but she didn't accept my hand.

I shrugged it off as her not knowing that I had offered it, and returned my attention to the screen.

Whatever was bothering Isabelle would have to be addressed some other time. She was right, with both of our busy schedules, special times like that were rare.

We had to make the most out of each one.

                      << >>

A/N: Ell0, it's ya girl Sierra with another chapter!

This one is a bit short, and is maybe a little filler.

But ;) hold onto your seats Bc the next chapter will blow your socks off!

Erm... why are you still reading this? Go on! Scroll to the next chapter now!

Love youuuu bye!!
~Sierra

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 174 31
Alexis is an ordinary girl with a normal life until she encounters a prince and discovers a bewildering secret. Now Alexis Parker is a mess or shall...
57.8K 1.5K 41
Just as I go to slip into my room, the mysterious stranger places a hand on my waist and leans over my shoulder. "If I were the Prince I would only h...
17.3K 1K 43
Cinderella has found her prince and the Enchanted Kingdom is flourishing, but in a land far, far away...there's another kingdom that's seriously miss...
6.8M 248K 74
When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales. I believed in princes and princesses and knights in shining armor. I believed in forever and hap...