The Girl Who Never Smiles | ✔️

By ImagineSass_15

{COMPLETED!!!} "She's just a little too scared to get close because everyone who said they'd be there, left."... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
TGWNS Playlist
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
1.1K
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Bay's Letter
Epilogue
MUST READ!!
107K views, 4K votes
*Bonus Chapter* Thanksgiving
Bonus Chapters🎉🎉
Bonus Chapter *Asher's POV*

Chapter 66

11.1K 491 61
By ImagineSass_15

Hello all my readers,

OK so this chapter has a time jump. Last chapter was in February, now we are in May. This will be in Issac's POV because this-. You will find out. The next chapter will be the last chapter of The Girl Who Never Smiles..kind of. I hope you enjoy the Issac POV.  REMEMBER TO COMMENT WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE EPILOGUE!!!!! I am so grateful to all of your support and getting me to where I am at right now. You guys are by far the best readers ever and you have all really changed my life. Thank you.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Issac's POV

A kid in my preschool lost him mom when he was 5 years old. I remember his mom. She used to make ham and cheese sandwiches for him and I when I came by their house. When I asked him what death was he told me it's when a bad monster comes to take his mommy's soul forever and leaving her body behind. The name of the monster is-

"Rest in peace Sarah Clementine Evans. Your memory will live on." The pastor says and the casket is lowered into the ground slowly. My heart feels like it is trying to rip out of my chest and join my mom in the ground because my heart will always be with her. 

I bend down and pick up a handful of dirt and throw it on top of the casket, watching the dirt slip through the gaps between my fingers. I look back up at the crowd, looking for my dad. He said he would be here. 

I-I don't understand.

I walk away from the casket, feeling the lump form in my throat. I look through every aisle for my father. He is someone you couldn't miss. He is 35 and looks way younger. His almost jet black hair and piercing grey eyes sets him apart from the crowd. People make a path for Isaiah Evans. One day, I want to be like him, but I am only 8 years old.

But why isn't he here?

Mommy died.

I walk over to my nanny Emiliah and I tug on her beige trench coat. She looks down at me, her usual bright blue eyes, red and filled with tears.

"Where's dad?"

Emiliah sniffles and wipes her nose with the sleeve of her coat.

"He should be here somewhere." she says, her nose flared.

She is lying.

"I want to go home. Take me home." I tell her and walk away and to the black town car we came in.

How could he not be here for mommy's funeral!

A painful ache in my chest slows down my trek to the car and tears roll down my face as I find it difficult to get to the town car.

Why is the air thinning out? I feel like I can't catch my breath.

I just want my mom.

I want her to bake her oatmeal raisin cookies and read The Little Prince to me before bed every night. I miss her sweet cinnamon scent, I miss watching her dance around the house listening to the Beetles in her sundresses with dad. I miss hearing her laughter when I would make a silly joke or when dad would make a stupid mistake. 

How could I miss someone so much? She has only been dead for 2 weeks.

2 weeks of sadness.

2 weeks of silence.

2 weeks of watching my father break, crack, and dent. I watched as his jolly smile slipped off his face slowly, leaving behind a look he would usually use at work: his big business man look.

2 weeks of sitting in a silent room hearing my own heart break, hearing every sob and cry for my mother from my father.

2 weeks of being alone.

She is gone.

And I am here. Alone

"Issac" a soft voice says, snapping me out my thoughts. I look to my right at Bay. She has that look of concern and worry in her caramel eyes.

"Y-yeah?" I stutter and curse myself. Her worry deepens. I don't want her to worry. Not about me. 

"We are here." she says.

I didn't even realize the car stopped. I look out the windows and at the hundreds of gravestones scattered around the huge lot. I push back the memories of the funeral and look back at the one thing keeping me together today: Bay Stewart.

I take a shaky, deep breath and tighten my hold on the iris and tulip bouquet in my hands.

"Hey, I am here." Bay says and looks into my eyes, reassuring me. 

God, if it wasn't for her, I don't know where the hell I would be. Probably studying new business terms, refusing to leave my house on my mother's death anniversary.

The driver opens the door and I step out and hold my hand out for Bay. Despite my protests, Bay decided to wear all black. I didn't want her to wear such a sad color when she is such a vibrant person. She has on a long sleeved backless top, black pants that end at her ankle, and heels giving her some height.

Once outside the car, the afternoon breeze hits our skin and Bay snuggles more into me for warmth. Bay is looking out at the hundreds of gravestones looking for my mom's. I actually find it cute that she is looking for something she doesn't even know the exact location of. I would never forget where my mom was buried. How could I when this place haunts me at night and in my dreams?

We round a corner and a when I see the 2 big apple trees, I know that we are here. Dad had 2 apple trees planted by mother's grave because she loved apples, she loved apple picking, apple pie, apple everything. She always joked about writing a cook book called 'Appily Ever After'. She never got the chance to make that little joke into a reality.

Right in between the two trees is a 1 foot tall marble gravestone with a golden outline design on it.

Sarah Clementine Evans

"When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark, look for stars."

March 18, 1978-May 14, 2008

Cherished Mother. Beloved wife. Valuable friend.

Rest in peace...

I can feel the tears well up in my eyes as I stare  at my mother's gravestone. I wipe my nose and look out at the the big white clouds.

I wonder if she is watching me right now.

I would give anything to see her one more time. I wish she was here, so I could introduce her to Bay. My mom would bake her a big batch of cookies and she would hug her like she was her own child. She would love Bay almost as much as I do. Mom would love Bay. I do.

"What was she like?" Bay asks beside me. I could hear the hesitation to ask in her voice. I don't want her to be afraid to ask.

"She was vibrant. So alive. So full of life and happiness. She would dance all the time around the house, listening to the Beetles, or some other 80s band. She loved music and the way it could move your body without you knowing. She was kind, gentle, understanding, she was a great person and an even better mother."

"I wish I could've met her." Bay murmurs and sniffles.

"So do I" I say and lay the bouquet of flowers in front of her gravestone. Bay places her bouquet of white camellias right beside mine. 

"I will give you a minute." Bay says and walks off to join our bodyguard by the trees away from me. I bend down, balancing my weight on my right foot. 

"Hi mom." My voice cracks and tears start to slowly slide down my face. I let out a breath hoping to calm down my crying or something.

"I miss you so much. I miss you so much sometimes I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. Sometimes I feel alone, and just there, but other times, I feel like you are right next to me, wrapping your arms around me hugging me like you used to when I came home after school. I hated dad for so long. He didn't come to your funeral, he pushed me away, almost forced me to join the business. It wasn't until I watched your video that I realized that I shouldn't do something I won't be happy with. I am going to Duke University to be a pro lacrosse player. Me and Asher are both going on full scholarships. Asher is tall now. So am I. I took another piece of your advice. I found someone who I will cherish for the rest of my life. Her name is Bay and I love her mom. God, she is perfect. I can't explain it in words, but I-I love her so much. She is so beautiful, so intelligent, kind, clever, feisty, the one girl who wouldn't be afraid to tell me off when I was being an asshole."

I laugh to myself and look back at Bay who is leaning against the town car talking to Terrel, our bodyguard.

"I know I am young and all, but she is the one mom. She is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I gave her a promise ring. It was hard to get, but so is Bay. You would've loved her. She is a science nerd just like you!" I laugh so hard, tears starts streaming out my eyes, tears of laughter and sadness. 

I sniffle and wipe away the tears from my eyes.

"Dad is still distant. He still wears his wedding ring. He thinks about you all the time. Sometimes he would come home and just go straight to the room and look at all the pictures of you. He is broken and I don't know how to fix him. Bay fixed me and I fixed her, but I can't even fix my own dad. I wish you were here to tell me what to do. I wish you were here for my graduation for college and high school, when I make it big in lacrosse, when I get married and have kids"

Bay's face instantly pops up in my head and a small smile makes its way to my face.

"But I am happy mom. I really am. I am making the most of my life while I can. I love you so much mom. So so so much." 

I stand back up and take one last look at my mother's grave and then walk away. I let the rustling of the trees distract me from the thoughts of my mother which will only damper my mood. I look up and Bay is already making her way towards me. Her curly brown hair is flowing with the May wind and she could not look more beautiful. Her brown skin glows under the hot, spring sun and she doesn't look like she broke a sweat. 

She rests her small manicured hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

Of all the 115 boys at Eastside High, Bay Stewart picked me.

She could've had anyone. And I mean ANYONE and they would say yes. I mean look at her. She is a brown princess and anyone with at least half a brain would say yes. She is beautiful, gorgeous, and incredibly sexy. There is a reason why she is called Beautiful and Bold Bay.

She chose me.

"Yeah, I'm fine now that I am with you." I say smoothly earning a hot red blush and a shy smile on Bay's face.

I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman. 

"You are smoother than a baby's butt Issac." she says and glides her hand on the tree trunk in front of us. 

"So you are saying a baby's butt is the smoothest thing ever?"

"Yes." she says and looks up. I walk behind her and hold her by her waist bringing her close.

"How bout' I feel yours and give you my own opinion, huh?" I whisper in her ear, deliberately brushing my lips against her ear. She shudders.

"Nice try Evans." she says and wiggles out my grip and walks to the town car and gets inside. 

She will be the death of me.

I walk over to the car and get in. Bay is seated by the window tapping away at her phone. 

"I'm hot." she says and pulls on her shirt repeatedly.

"Yes, you are." 

She gives me a pointed look and digs around her tote and takes out a NASA tank top and a bra.

"Turn around." she demands.

"Why?" I whine and give her puppy eyes.

She quirks an eyebrow and gives me her 'if you don't do what I say, I will kill you' look. I turn around as she requests so she can get changed. 

A few minutes later I ask, "Are you done yet?"

"Issac, I barely have my shirt on. I think this thing is a few sizes too small too. This is what happens when I rush. Stupid me."

"Need help?"

"No." she says in a strained voice. "I got it on."

I turn around and look at the shirt. It's tight and I have the urge to give her my sweater to cover up, but I know she hates when I do that and I understand why. It's tight on her boobs and it shows off her slim waist and toned stomach.

"Too tight, right? I got this shirt in like 9th grade. 9th grade shirt 12th grade body. Do you have a shirt I could borrow?" she asks and looks down at her shirt in disgust.

"Uhhh" I rummage around my NIKE elite book bag that I usually keep in this car for times like these. I find a shirt that says 'Sleep with me'

Bay will not like this.

"This...but you will hate it."

"Would you rather what I am wearing. I already know you want to give me your sweater to cover up." she says and takes the shirt from my hand. She opens it up and looks at the shirt.

"Now I know why you and Armani are such good friends." she says and motions for me to turn around. A minute later and she is done and my shirt lays loosely on her small body. 

"This defies 31 fashion laws, but this is an emergency." she mutters and yawns. She lays her head on my lap and looks up at me.

"Where are we going?"

"To get  you something to eat." I reply and run my hands through her hair. Her eyelids start to droop and she starts to slowly close her eyes.

"Issac?"

"Hmm."

"You know I love you and I am here for you and you can talk to me, right?"

"Of course beautiful." I say honestly and I watch her fall asleep slowly, her head relaxing on my lap as her head faces me. I look outside as we drive past the trees, the small shops, and stores as we make ourselves out of town to where I am taking Bay.

A memory of my mother dancing with my father pops in my mind and I groan in frustration and close my eyes. I wish I could go back to those times when everything was right in my world. I would'v been more grateful for my parents.

I look to the rear view mirror and my driver Terrel is looking at me wide eyed and his eyes flicker from me to Bay asleep on my lap. I look at him confused and he gives me a look and then I understand what he means.

He thinks Bay is suc-

I'm not even going to finish that sentence.

I shake my head no repeatedly to get my point across. He relaxes and I glare at him. Terrel is an excellent bodyguard and driver, but damn is he a dirty fucker when he is ready. I look down at Bay and I watch as the breath passes through her parted lips. I run my thumb against her cheekbone and I admire every feature on her beautiful face starting from her naturally long eyelashes, her sculpted eyebrow, her little cute nose, her curly brown and blond hair, her strong jawline and finally her soft shimmery lips that taste like strawberries all the time. 

"Mr. Evans, we are 10 minutes away." Terrel says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Good." I say and look down at the beautiful angel in front of me.

 Time to make her smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 69.5K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...
10.8M 609K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
24.2M 1.1M 61
Now available in paperback! "I LOVE IT!" - CarniaHolmes "I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face," Carter said. She pointed...
Project Smile By Art

General Fiction

42.2K 3.1K 25
"Why do you never smile?" "Because I'm not like you. I'm not important enough to be happy." ~ ~ ~ Gabriel Lancaster...